May 02, 2024, 05:19:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 [4777] 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 4791 4792 4793 4794 4795 4796 4797 4798 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4804 4805 4806 4807 4808 4809 4810 4811 4812 4813 4814 4815 4816 4817 4818 4819 4820 4821 4822 4823 4824 4825 4826 4827 ... 33316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370985 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:43:23 PM

I am a true believer, which, considering I rejected both patriotism and Christianity as both insufficiently supported by the evidence, should give you pause. These were beliefs I was indoctrinated with since birth. Empirical skepticism is my modus operandi. So I wouldn't be betting my life savings on something just because I WANT it to work. It will work. If I made a wrong call and the market drops from here, you know who will bail me out? That guy with the sexy mother who hates my guts. He'll buy lower and someone else will buy lower than him. That's anti-fragile. The worse the price gets, the more attractive it is for someone looking to get in cheap.

Well, you can always hope. You also hoped that 530 was the bottom that marked the start of an uptrend. Let's see where these hopes will get you.
I only find it amusing that you present your personal hopes as solid speculations. If it's your goal to amuse people with this entertainment, then no problem.

Forum retard, billyjoeallen has been hoping on the wrong side of the trade to come good all the way down from the ATH, and ramming his 'hopes' down everyone elses throats in the process.

Do what I do. Just remind the fanny that he has lost over 50% of his net worth due to his own stupidity.

how has he done that ?

Holding. With the D prev to the L

bja will speak for himself, but I've been doing roughly the same things at the same times as far as I can tell, and I've been profiting modestly.  Since his projections seem to be somewhat better than my own, I would expect him to be profiting more than I, if his execution is comparable to my own.  Since my own execution is generally inferior to my projection, it seems likely that his execution is better than my own.  In which case his value is likely to have increased substantially more than my own.

But, I would say that encouraging BJA to engage in a pissing contest is not a constructive posture.  I had to put him on ignore because I couldn't tolerate his manners, and if you start a pissing contest he's going to splatter all over, and ignore won't protect me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:44:06 PM

You gotta love how MR. Civility shows he's just as vulgar as the rest of us when he's almost right. Congrats, Bro. Now you're still wrong and you have no moral high ground. I've made more fiat, more BTC, and shown you to be a hypocrite. If that's what it takes to be a dumb fuck, I'll take it.

You have taken over a 50% haircut on your total worth in the past 2 months u fkn loser, which kind of proves your good fortune has been entirely based on luck.

Why don't u just STFU and finally stop embarrassing yourself?

Don't know about Mr Allen, but where do you get it from that because we're in a bear market your total worth has to have taken a 50% hair cut?

regardless I don't think Billy was a full holder or hodler like my self, and my net worth didn't halve lol

Exactly. Never got the impression he said he'd do pure buy&hold.

I think his point was more, he's actively trading, but he advises the newbies to b&h Cheesy
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:46:10 PM

You gotta love how MR. Civility shows he's just as vulgar as the rest of us when he's almost right. Congrats, Bro. Now you're still wrong and you have no moral high ground. I've made more fiat, more BTC, and shown you to be a hypocrite. If that's what it takes to be a dumb fuck, I'll take it.

You have taken over a 50% haircut on your total worth in the past 2 months u fkn loser, which kind of proves your good fortune has been entirely based on luck.

Why don't u just STFU and finally stop embarrassing yourself?

Don't know about Mr Allen, but where do you get it from that because we're in a bear market your total worth has to have taken a 50% hair cut?

That reminds me - got to get down to my local Tunisian barber. A bargain at 6 Euros a shot!
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:46:21 PM

Perhaps I am taking poetic license in claiming that a Bitcoiner has taken a 50% haircut just because Bitcoin is down 50% in the last two months, but perhaps not. billyjoeallen has stated that he maxed out credit cards to buy into Bitcoin back in the day. That means, he didn't have a bean to rub together, and got into debt to invest in Bitcoin. A absolutely crazy risk that only someone 'in the know' or a complete zealot nutter woud take.

In this case, his death or glory gamble has paid off for him. However, because he is the sort of fanatical nutter that would indebt himself in order to get in on a highly volatile asset, I imagine that most of his wealth is still in Bitcoin. If you have followed the bullshit he has polluted these forums with over the past two months you will know that:

A) He is a holder

B) He completely lacks the ability to read markets

Taking all this into consideration, billyjoeallen is probably worth around half of what he was worth in USD two months ago.

It is a fair comment, I think.

That reminds me - got to get down to my local Tunisian barber. A bargain at 6 Euros a shot!

U in Ireland?

I got the impression that you were a fellow Scot.
kkaspar

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:46:55 PM

You don't get it. Bitcoin's success won't be determined by fraudsters, hackers, the media, regulators or the Bitcoin foundation. This only determines the speed of adoption. It only allows smart money to get in at a lower price, improvements of the code, increased transparency and diversification of exchanges which will stabilize things in the future. Almost everything that is bad for Bitcoin the the short term makes it better in the long run. It doesn't even matter if some other cryptocurrency takes top spot. Ten years from no when there is still less than 20 million bitcoin and world population is over 12 billion, it will be worth much more than now.

What you don't get is that the bitcoin code is not special as an invention, but it is special as an innovation. Meaning that it can be copied and improved easily. Meaning it's just a matter of time when it will get replaced.
Only reason why it hasn't been replaced yet is that there are no serious teams with experience and financial backing. Most altcoins are made by students and hobbyists, just for the fun of it. So, it's not hard to understand why there isn't any serious competition yet.
But the time will come, because this idea is an important step in the evolution of finance. To create an transparent open sourced monetary system that is supported by the internet. Bitcoin is too simplistic and childish to fill the shoes of that idea. If bitcoin would have faster development, then I would believe that bitcoin could evolve enough to fit the spot. But to me, it's more probable, that a more capable team will pick up this idea and make something that is better and developing faster.
kkaspar

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:50:44 PM

At one point btc-e will run with the money as well....for them its even easier than for Mark...the future is in second market exchanges

or a lot of small ones which will have LTC right from the beginnig, cause there is too much money at the older ones and too much

incentive for just running with it-----the central banks by their warnings even are endorsing it--- just watch the show at GOX Wink

Yeah, I agree. The future should be more decentralized. What has to go are pools and privately owned and unregulated exchanges. Something autonomously run has to be created. Hard to see how, but I have a feeling that it can be done.
Davyd05

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:52:27 PM

You don't get it. Bitcoin's success won't be determined by fraudsters, hackers, the media, regulators or the Bitcoin foundation. This only determines the speed of adoption. It only allows smart money to get in at a lower price, improvements of the code, increased transparency and diversification of exchanges which will stabilize things in the future. Almost everything that is bad for Bitcoin the the short term makes it better in the long run. It doesn't even matter if some other cryptocurrency takes top spot. Ten years from no when there is still less than 20 million bitcoin and world population is over 12 billion, it will be worth much more than now.

What you don't get is that the bitcoin code is not special as an invention, but it is special as an innovation. Meaning that it can be copied and improved easily. Meaning it's just a matter of time when it will get replaced.
Only reason why it hasn't been replaced yet is that there are no serious teams with experience and financial backing. Most altcoins are made by students and hobbyists, just for the fun of it. So, it's not hard to understand why there isn't any serious competition yet.
But the time will come, because this idea is an important step in the evolution of finance. To create an transparent open sourced monetary system that is supported by the internet. Bitcoin is too simplistic and childish to fill the shoes of that idea. If bitcoin would have faster development, then I would believe that bitcoin could evolve enough to fit the spot. But to me, it's more probable, that a more capable team will pick up this idea and make something that is better and developing faster.

You clearly have no clue what kind of money is being put in to developing bitcoins business infrastructure. Open source code like this doesn't foster persay private industry development because they can't patent and or sell the code as their own. However bitcoin is inadvertently being funded by all of us when we help build its infrastructure.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:52:55 PM

Perhaps I am taking poetic license in claiming that a Bitcoiner has taken a 50% haircut just because Bitcoin is down 50% in the last two months, but perhaps not. billyjoeallen has stated that he maxed out credit cards to buy into Bitcoin back in the day. That means, he didn't have a bean to rub together, and got into debt to invest in Bitcoin. A absolutely crazy risk that only someone 'in the know' or a complete zealot nutter woud take.

In this case, his death or glory gamble has paid off for him. However, because he is the sort of fanatical nutter that would indebt himself in order to get in on a highly volatile asset, I imagine that most of his wealth is still in Bitcoin. If you have followed the bullshit he has polluted these forums with over the past two months you will know that:

A) He is a holder

Taking all this into consideration, billyjoeallen is probably worth around half of what he was worth in USD two months ago.

U in Ireland?

Touched that you thought we might hail from the same place but I'm an Englishman living in Brussels, Belgium!

Where are you from then? Glasgow?
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:54:14 PM

Touched that you thought we might hail from the same place but I'm an Englishman living in Brussels, Belgium!

Where are you from then? Glasgow?

Your surname is Scottish (Stuart).

Perth/Dundee area.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:55:39 PM

A) He is a holder

U in Ireland?

Define "back in the day".
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 04:56:13 PM

Um, I have hundreds of coins with an average buy in of ~$30. I could have had much much more than I have, but there's not a person on this forum who couldn't say that. Hindsight is 20/20. You can benefit from my experience or you can make your own profits and mistakes. I'm in the green and sitting pretty so I don't have to worry about little fluctuations or your opinion of me.

Anyone following my $530 bottom call has made money, even if the numbers didn't exactly match. Anyone waiting for $500 coins is still waiting. Fact.

fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:57:44 PM

1800BTC until 580 on Stamp and also a 1000BTC ask wall@580 on BTC-E.
It´s getting cheaper every day  Wink
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:58:26 PM

Anyone following my $530 bottom call has made money, even if the numbers didn't exactly match. Anyone waiting for $500 coins is still waiting. Fact.

Last time we spoke without you having to read my ignored comments in someone elses quote, you were telling me that $820 was damn cheap Bitcoins.

Yeah...they are still waiting for $500 Bitcoin.....but for how much longer?

And then how much longer until $500 Bitcoin is considered bag holder prices?

It´s getting cheaper every day  Wink

The 10K whale tricked trader bots into slamming 3 million USD of liquidity into his wall at $579. This price level seems to represent an absolute market lid for the time being.
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:00:42 PM

Gox just admitted insolvency...
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:00:59 PM

Gox just admitted insolvency...

link?
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:01:31 PM

Last time we spoke without you having to read my ignored comments in someone elses quote, you were telling me that $820 was damn cheap Bitcoins.

The 10K whale tricked trader bots into slamming 3 million USD of liquidity into his wall at $779. This price level seems to represent an absolute market lid for the time being.

779?
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:01:51 PM

The 10K whale tricked trader bots into slamming 3 million USD of liquidity into his wall at $779. This price level seems to represent an absolute market lid for the time being.

779?

empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:02:06 PM

I am a true believer, which, considering I rejected both patriotism and Christianity as both insufficiently supported by the evidence, should give you pause. These were beliefs I was indoctrinated with since birth. Empirical skepticism is my modus operandi. So I wouldn't be betting my life savings on something just because I WANT it to work. It will work. If I made a wrong call and the market drops from here, you know who will bail me out? That guy with the sexy mother who hates my guts. He'll buy lower and someone else will buy lower than him. That's anti-fragile. The worse the price gets, the more attractive it is for someone looking to get in cheap.

Well, you can always hope. You also hoped that 530 was the bottom that marked the start of an uptrend. Let's see where these hopes will get you.
I only find it amusing that you present your personal hopes as solid speculations. If it's your goal to amuse people with this entertainment, then no problem.

Forum retard, billyjoeallen has been hoping on the wrong side of the trade to come good all the way down from the ATH, and ramming his 'hopes' down everyone elses throats in the process.

Do what I do. Just remind the fanny that he has lost over 50% of his net worth due to his own stupidity.

how has he done that ?

Holding. With the D prev to the L

bja will speak for himself, but I've been doing roughly the same things at the same times as far as I can tell, and I've been profiting modestly.  Since his projections seem to be somewhat better than my own, I would expect him to be profiting more than I, if his execution is comparable to my own.  Since my own execution is generally inferior to my projection, it seems likely that his execution is better than my own.  In which case his value is likely to have increased substantially more than my own.

But, I would say that encouraging BJA to engage in a pissing contest is not a constructive posture.  I had to put him on ignore because I couldn't tolerate his manners, and if you start a pissing contest he's going to splatter all over, and ignore won't protect me.

Oh I know... you are right of course.... I have no idea what came over me...

I have heard this a lot over the years though " the market went down , you lost half your value"  which is true but only if you are cashing out when the market is low
right?  which yeah I agree there maybe time when you need to liquidate, but most of the time in true trading fashion one buys low and sells high (or shorts etc)

I guess a pissing contest is one thing... but when each side resorts to bending the "facts" to win an argument regardless then we are just in the playground.

I enjoy both Matt and Billys posts most of the time...

I enjoy yours more though

: )
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:02:48 PM

Explanation
San1ty

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:03:32 PM

Can't find anything on that... Bullshit?
Pages: « 1 ... 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 [4777] 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 4791 4792 4793 4794 4795 4796 4797 4798 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4804 4805 4806 4807 4808 4809 4810 4811 4812 4813 4814 4815 4816 4817 4818 4819 4820 4821 4822 4823 4824 4825 4826 4827 ... 33316 »
  Print  

Jump to: