May 02, 2024, 01:13:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 [4727] 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 ... 33315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370876 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:46:26 PM

Well at least they are working on it on a Sunday...

Automated "soon" e-mail responses are called "working" nowadays...

lol
Trolling a forum 24/7 surely isn't "working". That's what i know for sure. Shoo shoo get a life.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
billington.mark

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 03:47:24 PM

This is the speculation forum, make of it what you will. Even if it is just an "automated" copy and paste response, they are doing it on a sunday eve, which at least shows some commitment to try and keep on top of the workload they have.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 03:49:30 PM

My dad bought at $31/BTC in 2011 and held. Was that a bad move and if not, Why is holding coins bought at $1000 a bad move?

The ONLY way you're gonna lose money is by selling below your buy price. The ONLY way you're gonna lose is by listening to assholes who are telling you to cut losses.

And what about the assholes telling everyone to hold at $1000 when we have seen prices half of that? Assholes like you, for example?

The next few days when the price will drop dramatically I will see what these people will say, just try to play it safe....

Prices plummeted to $3 in 2011 and those who held still are looking really good now.  This is Bitcoin. Prices fluctuate and only those with the discipline to hold will keep their coins. If you can't just sit their while your portfolio loses value, then BUY MOAR.

Thinking in terms of days is not a good idea. Nobody who has owned bitcoin less than a year has any business day trading. You don't know the market. I recommend two years.  Until then, buy and hold.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:53:05 PM

My dad bought at $31/BTC in 2011 and held. Was that a bad move and if not, Why is holding coins bought at $1000 a bad move?

The ONLY way you're gonna lose money is by selling below your buy price. The ONLY way you're gonna lose is by listening to assholes who are telling you to cut losses.

And what about the assholes telling everyone to hold at $1000 when we have seen prices half of that? Assholes like you, for example?

The next few days when the price will drop dramatically I will see what these people will say, just try to play it safe....

Of course it would be great to buy in at the best possible point in time from when you decide that hodling bitcoins makes sense.
However calling people who bought in at 1k bagholders depends on your personal prediction of what bitcoin may achieve and your personal goals.

If you are in it for the long term and don`t want to speculate and believe bitcoin can go beyond 10k then buying at 1k isn`t the end of the world. True, you could have gotten twice as many coins but then you are automatically moving towards the realm of speculation.
Thats why dollar cost averaging makes sense. You don't go all in right away.  
I've also bought fractions of a BTC above 850USD and don't feel like a bag holder. I believe that it will eventually surpass that point once again.
Yeah, i could try to sell and buy lower  but then I'm speculating and knowing my limitations in regards to predicting any movements at all I'll most likely lose even more through classical "buy high sell low" moves.

Sorry, I think there is a general misunderstanding, buying and holding Bitcoin was proved to be a great deal for investors since 2009, nevertheless coming to this thread and saying buying and holding is the best choice is nonsense, like we don't know that.

To remind some of you here, this is the Speculation Sub-forum, we come here to speculate about price movements, posting here makes you automatically a speculator and there is nothing wrong with that, I am a long term bull, but this doesn't mean I have to be bullish short term, I would like to increase my holdings and I am aware of the risks, I could miss the opportunity and this is why you never go 100% FIAT .

And to tell me that I have to be 100% Bullish/bearish everyday is just stupid, look at the chart... there is ups and downs, the market is in bullish move you sell, the market is in a bearish move you buy, how hard is this for you to understand ? now calling Tops and bottoms is hard and its an art which I try to understand.

One last thing, dont forget that some people do this for a living so stop telling us about how holding a $1000 coin will bring you $9000 profit when we hit $10K, until then some people need to put food on their tables.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:59:14 PM

There was that nice Australian girl a few weeks back - Julie was it? Extreme Hodler and you know what Mat, probably whole lot less stressed than someone trying to judge a swing, missing it, immediately taking a loss, trying again, sweating, etc.

Funny, not heard from her in a while. Perhaps she is dangling from a rope in some attic somewhere?
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:59:57 PM

Prices plummeted to $3 in 2011 and those who held still are looking really good now.  This is Bitcoin. Prices fluctuate and only those with the discipline to hold will keep their coins. If you can't just sit their while your portfolio loses value, then BUY MOAR.

Thinking in terms of days is not a good idea. Nobody who has owned bitcoin less than a year has any business day trading. You don't know the market. I recommend two years.  Until then, buy and hold.

where were you since 2011 ? and BTW I will add this: I do not only speculate about Bitcoin price but I also help push the infrastructure by doing helpful stuff that you may not know about me...so I will advise your smart ass to go do something helpful rather than bitching on this thread, now that we all know you are a Hodler stop spamming this thread with nonsense...
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:04:50 PM

There was that nice Australian girl a few weeks back - Julie was it? Extreme Hodler and you know what Mat, probably whole lot less stressed than someone trying to judge a swing, missing it, immediately taking a loss, trying again, sweating, etc.

Funny, not heard from her in a while. Perhaps she is dangling from a rope in some attic somewhere?

What, like this?

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 04:08:15 PM

Prices plummeted to $3 in 2011 and those who held still are looking really good now.  This is Bitcoin. Prices fluctuate and only those with the discipline to hold will keep their coins. If you can't just sit their while your portfolio loses value, then BUY MOAR.

Thinking in terms of days is not a good idea. Nobody who has owned bitcoin less than a year has any business day trading. You don't know the market. I recommend two years.  Until then, buy and hold.

where were you since 2011 ? and BTW I will add this: I do not only speculate about Bitcoin price but I also help push the infrastructure by doing helpful stuff that you may not know about me...so I will advise your smart ass to go do something helpful rather than bitching on this thread, now that we all know you are a Hodler stop spamming this thread with nonsense...

Who's bitching? Are you having a bad day? You seem kinda grumpy.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:12:45 PM

Who's bitching? Are you having a bad day? You seem kinda grumpy.

you spend most of your time on this sub-forum and most of your posts are in this thread, and most of things tha comes out your keyboard are only trashing people when they try to observe the price movements, it is cool when they say CCMF, but you trash them when they say they think there will be a drop !!!!

the title of this thread is  Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion so if you don't like both price arguments go spend your time on something that is really helpful for the eco-system.
flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:20:48 PM

@billyjoeallen ; Huh? o_O You never sleep ?
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 04:25:59 PM

you spend most of your time on this sub-forum and most of your posts are in this thread, and most of thing comes out your keyboard is only trashing people when they try to observe the price movements, it is cool when they say CCMF, but you trash them when they say they think there will be a drop !!!!

the title of this thread is  Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion so if you don't like both price arguments go spend your time on something that is really helpful for the eco-system.

I think what really gets to you is that I'm almost always right. It must burn you that a permabull can eat your lunch even in a bear market. It's ok. I don't take it personally. Someone has to be on the losing end of the trade ;-)
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 04:31:38 PM

@billyjoeallen ; Huh? o_O You never sleep ?

I'd like to say I don't sleep, but I just keep irregular hours and leave the computer on. Move on. Nothing to see here.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:33:07 PM

My way is better than yours
No my way is much better than yours
I may make more profit
I have less worry
I know the market inside out
I only look at the price now and again
I think TA is a load of shit
I think is a very valuable tool
I think it is going up
I think it is going down
I think you are a troll
I think you are a troll
My way is better than yours
No my way is much better than yours

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

get a fucking grip
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:33:59 PM

Why is there so much tolerance to dishonesty in the bitcoin community?

I don't think there is, there is just ignorance. What do you do when someone steals your bitcoins.

Policeman: Ok, so... someone, somewhere in the world stole these Bitcoin things from you, they are like computer money, that don't exist anywhere, just as a number on a computer.  Well thank you for letting us know, here is your case number we'll get someone to investigate it right away, don't contact us, we will let you know when we find out something.

Indeed, bitcoin trading is still wild west territory...

But, if you know that the law will not help you, you should care a lot more about the history of your banker, shouldn't you?

Perhaps you mean that most bitcoin investors don't know that the law will not help them?
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:37:00 PM

Why is there so much tolerance to dishonesty in the bitcoin community?

I don't think there is, there is just ignorance. What do you do when someone steals your bitcoins.

Policeman: Ok, so... someone, somewhere in the world stole these Bitcoin things from you, they are like computer money, that don't exist anywhere, just as a number on a computer.  Well thank you for letting us know, here is your case number we'll get someone to investigate it right away, don't contact us, we will let you know when we find out something.

Indeed, bitcoin trading is still wild west territory...

But, if you know that the law will not help you, you should care a lot more about the history of your banker, shouldn't you?

Perhaps you mean that most bitcoin investors don't know that the law will not help them?

It's simple. Follow one rule.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.

Once you've learned how to protect yourself, no one can take your coins without your permission.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:39:09 PM

you spend most of your time on this sub-forum and most of your posts are in this thread, and most of thing comes out your keyboard is only trashing people when they try to observe the price movements, it is cool when they say CCMF, but you trash them when they say they think there will be a drop !!!!

I think what really gets to you is that I'm almost always right. It must burn you that a permabull can eat your lunch even in a bear market. It's ok. I don't take it personally. Someone has to be on the losing end of the trade ;-)

gosh, you are never tired right. look at this chart and explain to me how bullish this looks to you (4h chart BTW)

now look to this chart, this will explain to you how traders change their postions from bearish to bullish and make some profit (1h chart BTW)

and look at this (3d chart BTW)

what is Hard to understand here ? there is nothing personal when tracking the price and try to make some profit of it, you are the only one taking things personally here.

empowering
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:45:06 PM

Draw a chart both slap your shlongs on it and see who has got the biggest - get this over with  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:47:54 PM

gosh, you are never tired right. look at this chart and explain to me how bullish this looks to you (4h chart BTW)

now look to this chart, this will explain to you how traders change their postions from bearish to bullish and make some profit (1h chart BTW)

what is Hard to understand here ? there is nothing personal when tracking the price and try to make some profit of it, you are the only one taking things personally here.

+1000
really appreciate your figs bro Smiley
simple, clear and undebatable.
people who dont shotr should not be allowed in this thread anymore. sick of those permabull fools who want everyone to think their way.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:51:05 PM

+1000
really appreciate your figs bro Smiley
simple, clear and undebatable.
people who dont shotr should not be allowed in this thread anymore. sick of those permabull fools

It is now mandatory to short? wtf get outta here...   can we not all agree that people trade, and invest with different goals, budgets, strategy, timescales, lifestyles?  who the hell is anyone to tell anyone else how to trade? if you want to short, short, if you want to hodl , hodl...
pretty simple
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:52:13 PM

shhhhhh!!! everyone is going to want one ; )
Pages: « 1 ... 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 [4727] 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 ... 33315 »
  Print  

Jump to: