April 30, 2024, 02:35:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26093 26094 26095 26096 26097 26098 26099 26100 26101 26102 26103 26104 26105 26106 26107 26108 26109 26110 26111 26112 26113 26114 26115 26116 26117 26118 26119 26120 26121 26122 26123 26124 26125 26126 26127 26128 26129 26130 26131 26132 26133 26134 26135 26136 26137 26138 26139 26140 26141 26142 [26143] 26144 26145 26146 26147 26148 26149 26150 26151 26152 26153 26154 26155 26156 26157 26158 26159 26160 26161 26162 26163 26164 26165 26166 26167 26168 26169 26170 26171 26172 26173 26174 26175 26176 26177 26178 26179 26180 26181 26182 26183 26184 26185 26186 26187 26188 26189 26190 26191 26192 26193 ... 33307 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26369689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 07:36:23 PM

A temporary tattoo can identify the certifiably fine, and they can spend unemployment doing things that will help. Pay them from the Govt and you have a serious solution to this mess.

Tattoo with the person's SS number and maybe sew a symbol on peoples' clothes. Like a big star to show people that you're a shining star in the darkness.
Well branding would be more permanent and a bit simpler to do. However the guy 2 posts up has a pretty good answer: Not yet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 07:42:08 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Huh?  is that true?

There was not welding of doors in china, was there?

I wasn't there, and "truth" on the internet is a dicey business, but I did see the posts on this and it did look as if they tacked the latch on some buildings.

pro tip, you can't lock anything away from a man with a cordless angle grinder and a thinwheel
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10188

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 07:45:59 PM

P.S.: Also, it is not more health workers what we need right now. It is fucking ventilators and PPE.

I am not going to deny that there is a decent amount of importance regarding ventilators and PPE... but I am inclined to believe that testing is amongst the most important in order to stop the fucking mass panic and the shutting down of everything.  Fuck that shit.

So, 100x up on various testing methods and production of tests and getting everyone the fuck tested.  Thereafter some folks are going to get a green light... or at least understand what their status is and whether or not they can interact.. and of course, testing is not going to be a one and done thing, but it is likely the path forward towards opening businesses back up and lifting travel/movement restrictions.
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 07:49:22 PM

remember

the thing mutates

and there is suggestion that the second round kills you deader than shit
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 07:52:12 PM

remember

the thing mutates

I read that corona viruses are stable and not prone to mutate, unlike the flu.
I don't believe "the second will kill you" rumors, haven't read that in any reputable paper.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 07:52:24 PM

Guys, I'm not at all religious, but I certainly don't appreciate where this is going.
Like, for real? You have to be shitting me.

I prefer to drop dead right now - than to physically mark me in any way, against my will - like sheep.
Do wake the fuck up. It is matter of freedom. This what is really tested.

Peeps like you deserve an implanted chip, so TPTB can unambiguously track your surly lil ass.  Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 07:56:42 PM

If you do drop dead from a second infection the vaccine trials are going to get very interesting.
everyone that has been vaccinated will drop dead when they are exposed to the virus. That's gonna make people keep their distance.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 08:03:41 PM

I bought 0.35 Bitcoin recently when the price hits $3,850

Best decision I ever made, what a profit.  Cool

And YES, Bitcoin was already dead long time ago.

And, you always (and only) bang 10s, too.   Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Those were mine. I sold them by accident. Please can I have them back. I’ll give you £5 for your trouble.

Yep... I know that it is scary when the price is plunging so damned drastically, but experienced BTC HODLers should be prepared for such wildness, and such wildness in bitcoin is NOT likely to be over any time soon.... actually, seems that the odds for outrageous wildness outweigh the odds for not having outrageous wildness.  That is part of what makes bitcoin such a great investment to the upside is because it is so god damned new that so many peeps do not recognize or appreciate its value, but long time BTC HODLers should know better in terms of both recognizing and appreciating BTC's value, so that either they are buying on dips or at minimum they are not selling on dips. 

Seems that peeps have difficulties learning, even long time BTC HODLers.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 08:04:12 PM

I'm going to bed now. I have one of those nice British crime novels I want to finish.
It's "The Chalk Pit" by Elly Griffiths, Book #9 in the Ruth Galloway series if anyone wants to know.
They are quite enjoyable.

https://mysterysequels.com/ruth-galloway-series-in-order/the-chalk-pit
hodl_2015

Activity: 371
Merit: 57

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 08:07:36 PM

remember
the thing mutates
I don't believe "the second will kill you" rumors, haven't read that in any reputable paper.
It's a single-strand RNA virus. It may be relatively stable, and the mutations may be unlikely to have much effect, but it still mutates quite a lot.
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 08:11:10 PM

remember

the thing mutates

let's hope

I don't know shit, just a monkey with a keyboard here
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 08:14:30 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2020, 08:28:29 PM by bitserve

P.S.: Also, it is not more health workers what we need right now. It is fucking ventilators and PPE.

I am not going to deny that there is a decent amount of importance regarding ventilators and PPE...

If by "a decent amount of importance" you mean that people is ALREADY dying because there are not enough ventilators and doctors need to triage and decide who gets one and have a (good) chance to live and who doesn't and just dies from asfixia. Then yes... there is a decent amount of importance regarding ventilators.

but I am inclined to believe that testing is amongst the most important in order to stop the fucking mass panic and the shutting down of everything.  Fuck that shit.

So, 100x up on various testing methods and production of tests and getting everyone the fuck tested.  Thereafter some folks are going to get a green light... or at least understand what their status is and whether or not they can interact.. and of course, testing is not going to be a one and done thing, but it is likely the path forward towards opening businesses back up and lifting travel/movement restrictions.

Not yet. First get things under control. Do you know what is another reason almost all activity has been shut down? Because as soon as the hospital are kept at maximum capacity you can't "afford" to have any kind of accident that requires medical attention, ie: a car crash, a construction work accident, etc.... So you better avoid that.

We don't know how many people is infected (probably one or two orders of magnitude more than current figures)... but just knowing there are way more than we can cope with should probably enough information. The figure we can rely on is occupation of ICU beds and, more difficult to inmediately "create" new ones, ventilators... and we have already run out of them. That's the problem that needs to be solved.

Until then, this thing is way bigger than being infected or not... most people will eventually be and that is not such a big deal but, right now, even inmune people (if there is such a thing) can't have access to health care if they need it. You better don't get ill now or you might be fucked.

Depending on where you live YMMV. But things are quickly changing EVERYWHERE day after day.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7972

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 08:17:53 PM
Merited by fillippone (2), JayJuanGee (1)

A new Day, a new restriction in Italy.

Now it is forbid to move out or your local municipality.

Coronavirus, ban on the movement of people from the municipality where they are "except for proven needs"

https://www.corriere.it/cronache/20_marzo_22/coronavirus-divieto-spostamento-le-persone-comune-cui-si-trovano-af7a9136-6c51-11ea-8403-94d97cb6fb9f.shtml

Italy has now closed every non-essential activity.
You can exit from home only in a 200 m radius, for whatever reason, but work and food shopping.
Many supermarkets have now restricted opening hours, in addition only one person per family can enter the shop.

The only last step to be exactly like China is welders on the house doors.

Huh?  is that true?

There was not welding of doors in china, was there?

It was going on but we'll never know how widespread it may or may not have been.

https://youtu.be/XJTDeh88hww

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3517

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 08:18:01 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

remember

the thing mutates

let's hope

I don't know shit, just a monkey with a keyboard here

i thought mutations usually were in the less lethal direction as the virus wants the host to survive after all.. but same here, just another monkey shitposting.

was weird grilling meat out on the deck in perfect comfort the other day while knowing there is a war coming. human vs the virii. who will win..
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 08:26:55 PM

Guys, I'm not at all religious, but I certainly don't appreciate where this is going.

I prefer to drop dead right now - than to physically mark me in any way, against my will - like sheep.

Peeps like you deserve an implanted chip, so TPTB can unambiguously track your surly lil ass.  Wink

Jay Juan Gee joking,
humor value set to full,
error and reboot.

#haiku
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 08:27:40 PM

Worldometers just reported over 12k cases in New York today! See below...
Some idiot lady just walked past me going into a supermarket coughing like crazy!
Maybe Bitcoin could hit 4800$ again soon imho

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I figured that you, Hyperjacked, would not have sufficient stamina or self-restraint to last very long in terms of your holding back from FUD spreading nonsense... hahahahhahaha

In other words, welcome back to your real and true underlying bear bullshit lil selfie...  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 08:31:01 PM

Looks like another round of testing long fib support in the short term.

1h

As we are imho, in a sentiment market atm..you can pretty much throw technicals out the window for the now.  That being said..a clearer picture should develop after the weekly close this afternoon.  #dyor
W

#cleanhands2020
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 08:32:27 PM

Jay Juan Gee joking,
humor value set to full,
error and reboot.

#haiku

No reboot necessary.   Angry Angry Angry

fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 15440

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2020, 08:34:51 PM

Hello gang,

I don't usually do this kind of thing, but I'd like to point out a valuable bitcoin related initiative.

Helperbit is an Italian company that deals with Peer to Peer donations, with maximum transparency:

Helperbit: the most innovative way to raise funds
TRANSPARENT - We use Blockchain technology to offer full transparency of economic flows

FREE - No registration fees or hidden costs

SAFE - You have full control of your funds thanks to Helperbit's Multifirma Bitcoin Wallet

POWERFUL - Bitcoin and altcoin supported

They are organizing a fundraiser for an advanced medical post for pre-triage:

COVID-19 Advanced Medical Post For Pre-Triage

COVID-19 Advanced Medical Post For Pre-Triage In Italy

CREATED BY:Croce Rossa Italiana | Comitato Colli Albani
BITCOIN ADDRESS:3NpNJfgpYVyZSa8YCfUufC3idVtF3iSX6d

UPDATE March 15th
The project has reached the target goal of € 10,000 to purchase the AMP: we did it thank to your generosity!
But we don't stop here, we reopen the fundraising campaign with a new goal: to complete the AMP core structure with the accessories necessary for emergency operations, such as a DefiMonitor (a defibrillator with vital signs monitor).

Regarding the second level Advanced Medical Post for COVID-19 pre-triage, we are proceeding with the purchase of the material to be ready for its deployment in the local area.

Your support is greatly appreciated!
Thank You!

———————————————————————————————

PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The Coronavirus disease in Italy has created a national health emergency. At the time of writing we have had more than 31.5 thousand confirmed cases and 2503 deaths. It is already difficult to locate the intensive care beds when needed and we are still a long way from peak infection.
See the latest officially confirmed data at: http://tiny.cc/07s7kz

The Italian Red Cross | Colli Albani Committee is asking for Bitcoin donations (and other cryptocurrencies) to purchase and set-up a Second Level Advanced Medical Post for pre-triage of COVID-19 cases.

Our target of 10.000 € will be used to purchase the core infrastructure and medical equipment for the project. Any surplus will be used to provide medical staff with the personal protection they need.

Here the original thread where they presented their project on BitcoinTalk in 2015:
Helperbit P2P Aid - natural disaster and bitcoin

Disclaimer:
  • I am not in any way related to Helperbit (I only attended the presentation of their project by their founder Guido Baroncini Turrichia years ago at a Bitcoin Meetup in Milan)
  • I also place it above all to give an example of how the blockchain can be used to add transparency to a project
  • It is not an obligation to donate funds, everyone makes their own assessments, based on their possibilities, inclinations and preferences.

Hey guys,
notificing a few donations arrived since I published this post.
https://app.helperbit.com/project/5e6a64ee84cb8662d901a29c

Of course I dream some of us WOers donated a few (more than a few) sats to this cause.
Even if it was other people, it doesn't matter.
Faith in humanity restored.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 08:43:37 PM

Bitcoin above $80K

But... but... you're trying to say I'll be too old for the $100k party? Damn...  Grin Grin Grin

Not at all. Before 2030 comes I'm almost positive we'll see a spike above that.

What I'm talking about is the low, or sideways, price of BTC will float around ~$80K  in ten years. Or higher.

And by that time asset inflation will have been really really bad.

The longer that I have been studying the bitcoin space, the more I have come to consider that both the bottom spikes and the bottom floating arena are amongst the more important factors, rather than the various upward price spikes, and of course, nothing is guaranteed, even while "~$80K  in ten years" as a floor seems to be a relatively conservative bet......  

and yeah, it could be argued that some of us are drinking too much BTC kool-aide, but given the whole way that these matters are playing out, bitcoin remains bullish as fuck.. and surely, hope that many of us (including yours truly) is still alive and well and even feeling powerful enough to witness 2030 and even to enjoy the likely wealth from such passage of events... thinking about it.. a floor BTC price that is more or less 13x greater than our current bouncing around price.

For younger folks, folks just learning about bitcoin, folks with a very limited budget or even folks who fucked up in their bitcoin strategy(ies) in the past (not only mindrust, but others), you should be able to figure out a way to reasonably and prudently profit from this decently likely situation, without going too fucking crazy in terms of a target timeline and not gambling too much with your own finances or psychology, either... and even DCAing a modest amount of $100 per month (or whatever amount that you can reasonably manage without devolving into a mindrust-like meltdown) is going to likely put you in a very fucking good (great) place in 10 years or so.

Well said JJG. DCAing every month or three is a much better strategy that just FOMOing in during every bull run spike.

I mean, even if my conservative prediction of a $80K/btc floor in ten years turned out to be wrong, and it was instead say half of that. $40K+/btc. That's still, what, like 7X higher from here? Tell me what stock or other investment would do that by 2030? I'd be willing to bet none of them. None. Certainly not a corporate-blessed 401K, that's for damn sure.

For fk sake, even if people didn't like or want to own Bitcoin, they should at least be buying some Gold or Silver and hold it long term. But the sheeple aren't even willing to do that much. And then ten more years pass by and they wonder why they feel even poorer (Pssst! It's stagflation, stupid).  Roll Eyes

I agree with everything you said including the fact that BTC could end up way under performing your conservative investment and still end up being a very decent investment.  I don't consider gold/silver to deserve any kind of close to equal mention in terms of reasonable hedges, but I guess that I get your point about the stupid-ass monetary printing that is going on, and you would think that gold/silver should perform somewhat better than traditional investments, even though even gold/silver are so goddamned manipulated that it is really difficult to know if they are actually going to end up holding their value relative to other fiat-based asset classes..

Anyhow, I think that they are hardly even worth mentioning, here, except maybe if someone has a portion of his/her portfolio that is dedicated to dollar hedges, and maybe 95% or so of that would be bitcoin and around 5% would be PMs such as gold/silver... of course, people will vary on this, so I guess that I am just hesitant about any inference of a gold/silver endorsement, even during these crazy times.. and even though I do get your "better than" sitting on your hands point.
Pages: « 1 ... 26093 26094 26095 26096 26097 26098 26099 26100 26101 26102 26103 26104 26105 26106 26107 26108 26109 26110 26111 26112 26113 26114 26115 26116 26117 26118 26119 26120 26121 26122 26123 26124 26125 26126 26127 26128 26129 26130 26131 26132 26133 26134 26135 26136 26137 26138 26139 26140 26141 26142 [26143] 26144 26145 26146 26147 26148 26149 26150 26151 26152 26153 26154 26155 26156 26157 26158 26159 26160 26161 26162 26163 26164 26165 26166 26167 26168 26169 26170 26171 26172 26173 26174 26175 26176 26177 26178 26179 26180 26181 26182 26183 26184 26185 26186 26187 26188 26189 26190 26191 26192 26193 ... 33307 »
  Print  

Jump to: