May 01, 2024, 08:39:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26348 26349 26350 26351 26352 26353 26354 26355 26356 26357 26358 26359 26360 26361 26362 26363 26364 26365 26366 26367 26368 26369 26370 26371 26372 26373 26374 26375 26376 26377 26378 26379 26380 26381 26382 26383 26384 26385 26386 26387 26388 26389 26390 26391 26392 26393 26394 26395 26396 26397 [26398] 26399 26400 26401 26402 26403 26404 26405 26406 26407 26408 26409 26410 26411 26412 26413 26414 26415 26416 26417 26418 26419 26420 26421 26422 26423 26424 26425 26426 26427 26428 26429 26430 26431 26432 26433 26434 26435 26436 26437 26438 26439 26440 26441 26442 26443 26444 26445 26446 26447 26448 ... 33311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370158 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 12:25:38 AM

she is a fucking piece of work

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 12:47:26 AM

ooh, life at stamp API
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10193

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 12:50:32 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2020, 01:15:37 AM by JayJuanGee

ooh, life at stamp API

No need to afear ur lil selfie any moar.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

We are back in business.     Cool

Maybe Stamp is going to have a story to tell us about losing 10k bitcoins?  

or some other not safutm (but purportedly fixed) practice that involved more than a de minimus amount?  Shocked
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 01:30:22 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

ooh, life at stamp API

No need to afear ur lil selfie any moar.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

We are back in business.     Cool

Maybe Stamp is going to have a story to tell us about losing 10k bitcoins?  

or some other not safutm (but purportedly fixed) practice that involved more than a de minimus amount?  Shocked

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3485

born once atheist

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 01:53:02 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2020, 02:08:56 AM by sirazimuth

Nice of you to pop by with your 9 day old meme  Roll Eyes, but shouldn't you be making yourself busy counting pills and castigating people?

Smiley I haven't seen before here and if you don't like... MEH.
Are you trolling me or what?  Roll Eyes

No worries dude, I've never seen it till now.
V8 posts every latest meme like a month before us regular mortals ever even know about it.

A device? You mean an electronic device like a cellphone or computer?

Yeah, you know, those thingys you use to store, transfer, spend, and receive bitcoin.... Cheesy Cheesy Grin
(and even create it it out of thin air mine it like 10 years ago, ah yes, those were the days....)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 02:08:03 AM

Yeah you know, those things you use to store, transfer, spend, and receive bitcoin.... Cheesy Cheesy Grin

Don't be suggesting that Jimbo is too much of a boomer merely because he is giving practical advice, because none of us should be dissing on cash or dissing on the idea of interacting with people face to face.

There is a lot of value in keeping our interactions and our transactions plausibly deniable, which becomes a whole lot more difficult when you stick your bills into some kind of machine because you prefer them to be converted into electronic pieces that you can more easily handle.

Yeah, I know that bitcoin does not have any kind of physical component either, and surely part of the challenge that we bitcoiners are going to continue to have is to figure out ways to preserve some of our privacy and preserve the traceability of our transactions.

By the way, I think that it can be a good idea to keep a number of bills on you, even if you don't seem to like cash, but sometimes it can be nice to interact with people using cash, even if we are becoming traceable in so many other ways, with our having a digital tracking device in our pocket (aka smart phone) but we also can have some plausible deniability regarding some of our cash transactions... at least so far we have some of those kinds of freedoms if we are not so willing to give them up.

TLDR:
Cash is not the enemy.

Face to face interactions are not a bad thing.

I have met a lot of nice people face to face.. and even caused me ting-a-lings, back in the good ole days.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 02:11:41 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), JayJuanGee (1)

So a couple of buddies of mine just paid me some physical fiat cash for some things.
Then I just realized there's no way to scan it on a device and deposit. Phuk!
So WTF do I do with cash?
You mean I actually gotta go out and physically hand it to someone to spend or deposit it??
Well that sux....

Probably tongue-in-cheek, but if not...physical cash has one interesting property: it is difficult to attach a negative interest rate to it. A former Fed member suggested a move to negative rates recently.
Will it happen? So far, 2year and 5year notes suggest a negative answer, but it could change fast.

During all this excitement about them sending stimulus checks directly to taxpayers, a thought occurred to me.

They could just as easily remove some $ from the same accounts via some Great Restoration Emergency Act Transfer aka GREAT, or any other potential law coming down the pike in 2020-2022.
Not possible here? I doubt that impossibility since some other countries already did this. Also, remember the gold story during Great Depression I?
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 02:22:25 AM

Yeah you know, those things you use to store, transfer, spend, and receive bitcoin.... Cheesy Cheesy Grin

Don't be suggesting that Jimbo is too much of a boomer merely because he is giving practical advice, because none of us should be dissing on cash or dissing on the idea of interacting with people face to face.

There is a lot of value in keeping our interactions and our transactions plausibly deniable, which becomes a whole lot more difficult when you stick your bills into some kind of machine because you prefer them to be converted into electronic pieces that you can more easily handle.

Yeah, I know that bitcoin does not have any kind of physical component either, and surely part of the challenge that we bitcoiners are going to continue to have is to figure out ways to preserve some of our privacy and preserve the traceability of our transactions.

By the way, I think that it can be a good idea to keep a number of bills on you, even if you don't seem to like cash, but sometimes it can be nice to interact with people using cash, even if we are becoming traceable in so many other ways, with our having a digital tracking device in our pocket (aka smart phone) but we also can have some plausible deniability regarding some of our cash transactions... at least so far we have some of those kinds of freedoms if we are not so willing to give them up.

TLDR:
Cash is not the enemy.

I have met a lot of nice people face to face.. and even caused me ting-a-lings, back in the good ole days.

tbh, I don't really care about my monetary interactions being private. That horse left the stable years ago.
I have nothing to hide. I follow the law and pay my taxes.
For me, it's all about convenience.
It's why I like bitcoin, just wish everyone else would get on board, and make it like 10 times more convenient.
Meanwhile there's Venmo....

...Plus I'm too old for ting-a-lings ...wait...wtf are they anyway?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 02:26:38 AM

So a couple of buddies of mine just paid me some physical fiat cash for some things.
You mean I actually gotta go out and physically hand it to someone to spend or deposit it??
Well that sux....

Probably tongue-in-cheek, but if not...physical cash has one interesting property: it is difficult to attach a negative interest rate to it. A former Fed member suggested a move to negative rates recently.
Will it happen? So far, 2year and 5year notes suggest a negative answer, but it could change fast.

During all this excitement about them sending stimulus checks directly to taxpayers, a thought occurred to me.

They could just as easily remove some $ from the same accounts via some Great Restoration Emergency Act Transfer aka GREAT, or any other potential law coming down the pike in 2020-2022.
Not possible here? I doubt that impossibility since some other countries already did this. Also, remember the gold story during Great Depression I?

You are too smart for your own good, Biodom.  Tongue  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 02:29:42 AM

TLDR:
Cash is not the enemy.

tbh, I don't really care about my monetary interactions being private. That horse left the stable years ago.
It's why I like bitcoin, just wish everyone else would get on board, and make it like 10 times more convenient.

You are going to give up without even a battle?  You are not even going to complain about the loss of privacy, liberty and ting-a-lingies (that you already forgot what they feel like)?  OMG!!!!   Shocked Shocked  What a world!!!  

By the way, even if you do not appreciate or use these kinds of privacy, liberty and ting-a-lingie services, you should, at least, attempt to think beyond yourself in order to attempt to appreciate the ramifications of giving up.. or if everyone were to give up, and yeah, maybe you cannot make the fight yourself, but there should be some appreciation for others engaged in a fight that attempts to preserve these, and not work against them, no?  Seems bitcoin involves some of that kind of support for privacy, liberty and ting-a-lingies.
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 02:34:39 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2020, 02:48:55 AM by sirazimuth

You are going to give up without even a battle?  You are not even going to complain about the loss of privacy, liberty and ting-a-lingies (that you already forgot what they feel like)?  OMG!!!!   Shocked Shocked  What a world!!!  

By the way, even if you do not appreciate or use these kinds of privacy, liberty and ting-a-lingie services, you should, at least, attempt to think beyond yourself in order to attempt to appreciate the ramifications of giving up.. or if everyone were to give up, and yeah, maybe you cannot make the fight yourself, but there should be some appreciation for others engaged in the fight, no?  Seems bitcoin involves some of that.

Privacy??! ? What's that?
Why, I even enjoy having a wank in window where the neighbors can see!
 Not sure if they are cool with that though....

Ok... I'm outta here... gonna go troll some lunatics on the P+S boards... (cough cough badecker tecshare cough ehem)
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4461

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 02:44:07 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), sirazimuth (1)

Yeah, you know, those thingys you use to store, transfer, spend, and receive bitcoin.... Cheesy Cheesy Grin
(and even create it it out of thin air mine it like 10 years ago, ah yes, those were the days....)

Yep. Them's the thingies. Glad you don't use 'em for storage however. Almost as insecure as the cloud.

Had my ASICs hooked up to one of them contraptions back in the day. Had enough sense to mine straight into a paper wallet though.

Probably tongue-in-cheek...

I guess I need to tune up my sarcasm meter. I almost thought he was serious.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 03:00:38 AM

Well that sux....

Negative interest would be easy. You no longer deposit money with the bank dear chattle, oh no. Instead you invest in the bank. If the bank turns a profit, you get one ten thousandth of the profit. To share of course. And if it loses money, you get the entire bill. You will not notice the difference, banks are always profitable, always, yes yes.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 04:23:50 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

TLDR:
Cash is not the enemy.

By the way, even if you do not appreciate or use these kinds of privacy, liberty and ting-a-lingie services, you should, at least, attempt to think beyond yourself in order to attempt to appreciate the ramifications of giving up.. or if everyone were to give up, and yeah, maybe you cannot make the fight yourself, but there should be some appreciation for others engaged in a fight that attempts to preserve these, and not work against them, no?  Seems bitcoin involves some of that kind of support for privacy, liberty and ting-a-lingies.

Ting-a-lingies you say?  For sure this should be remembered.  Bills seem to useful in this regard.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 04:43:04 AM

a couple of notes:

1. Some ^^girls think that their titties are magical...and maybe they are.

2. Both boys and girls fail simple geography question:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1254106410549460994
I wonder:
a. why this is not being taught in school?
b. why people openly admit to being so ignorant without being ashamed at the slightest?

facepalm...BTW, honestly, how many countries you can point correctly on that map, WO fellas?
My guess would be >10, but less than 50, most likely.
Correct?
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2020, 05:04:55 AM

COMPLETED: All services are back online and fully operational. We had a technical issue with one of our third party service providers that led to this downtime. We will continue monitoring our systems but do not expect any additional issues. Thank you for your patience!

https://twitter.com/Bitstamp/status/1254209974290583552
noormcs5

Activity: 2618
Merit: 613

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 05:10:51 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Ting-a-lingies you say?  For sure this should be remembered.  Bills seem to useful in this regard.

birr

Activity: 867
Merit: 584

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 05:12:07 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2020, 05:28:24 AM by birr
Merited by bitebits (1), Last of the V8s (1)

You guys are falling down on the job.
Is nobody on this forum going to explain why it's a problem to have all your transactions transparent?
Would you want your bank to publish your net worth and all your transaction history on a website that everybody knows about and can easily just go look at how much money you have, who you paid, and who paid you, a website called something like "the blockchain"?
That's what you get with bitcoin.  Sure, you obey the law, so you might not have to worry about the IRS or Officer Friendly.
But
Your business competitors... the Russian hacker looking for someone to rip off...  the thug with the proverbial five dollar wrench...
It's all there, out in the open.  Where your coins came from, who sent it to you, where the coins you sent went, how much btc you had last year and how much you have now...
The five dollar wrench attack is very convenient.

Well that sux....

Been done in Cyprus and Argentina.  Gov just took money from people's bank accounts.
LUCKMCFLY
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1848

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2020, 05:26:33 AM

A fresh and positive analysis.

Bitcoin is trading in a bullish zone above the $7,450 and $7,400 support levels against the US Dollar. BTC might dip a few points, but it remains well bid for a rally to $8,000.

Bitcoin is showing a lot of positive signs above the $7,400 and $7,200 support levels.
A clear break above the $7,650 resistance could open the doors for a fresh rally.
There is a short term contracting triangle forming with resistance near $7,625 on the 4-hours chart of the BTC/USD pair (data feed from Kraken).
The pair could correct a few points, but the bulls are likely to protect the $7,400 support

Source: https://www.newsbtc.com/2020/04/26/bitcoin-btc-rally-isnt-over-yet/
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 05:34:23 AM

Pages: « 1 ... 26348 26349 26350 26351 26352 26353 26354 26355 26356 26357 26358 26359 26360 26361 26362 26363 26364 26365 26366 26367 26368 26369 26370 26371 26372 26373 26374 26375 26376 26377 26378 26379 26380 26381 26382 26383 26384 26385 26386 26387 26388 26389 26390 26391 26392 26393 26394 26395 26396 26397 [26398] 26399 26400 26401 26402 26403 26404 26405 26406 26407 26408 26409 26410 26411 26412 26413 26414 26415 26416 26417 26418 26419 26420 26421 26422 26423 26424 26425 26426 26427 26428 26429 26430 26431 26432 26433 26434 26435 26436 26437 26438 26439 26440 26441 26442 26443 26444 26445 26446 26447 26448 ... 33311 »
  Print  

Jump to: