May 21, 2024, 08:55:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28671 28672 28673 28674 28675 28676 28677 28678 28679 28680 28681 28682 28683 28684 28685 28686 28687 28688 28689 28690 28691 28692 28693 28694 28695 28696 28697 28698 28699 28700 28701 28702 28703 28704 28705 28706 28707 28708 28709 28710 28711 28712 28713 28714 28715 28716 28717 28718 28719 28720 [28721] 28722 28723 28724 28725 28726 28727 28728 28729 28730 28731 28732 28733 28734 28735 28736 28737 28738 28739 28740 28741 28742 28743 28744 28745 28746 28747 28748 28749 28750 28751 28752 28753 28754 28755 28756 28757 28758 28759 28760 28761 28762 28763 28764 28765 28766 28767 28768 28769 28770 28771 ... 33371 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26387135 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2128

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 04:39:44 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2021, 05:47:11 PM by Richy_T

On printers.
My brother will be using them as well and he is deep down the bonsai rabbit hole, he wants to print bonsai pots for his little trees and he is worried that the print size is too small.

Any tips?

Print sideways? Depends how deep he needs them.

I'd use my FDM machine for stuff like that though.
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2093
Merit: 1467

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 04:50:34 PM

31100 -> 37500 (+6400) in 24 hours, not bad.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 04:54:00 PM

On printers.
My brother will be using them as well and he is deep down the bonsai rabbit hole, he wants to print bonsai pots for his little trees and he is worried that the print size is too small.

Any tips?

Print sideways? Depends how deep he needs them.

I'd ue my FDM machine for stuff like that though.

Apparently bonsai pots are shallow and wide " to make them look look small trees and not a pot plant"
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1778

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:01:25 PM

Explanation
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:02:35 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2021, 09:34:50 PM by cAPSLOCK
Merited by Elwar (5), vapourminer (1), xhomerx10 (1), JayJuanGee (1), Arriemoller (1), bitebits (1)

Here comes a cAPSLOCK Saturday LONG POST.  Maybe too long?  So long it took 2 extra days and 3 extra pots of coffee:

A Tale of Two Networks

Our generation has the unique honor to be alive to witness the formation of an important new global network.  Counter-intuitively this network may be more important than some of the world changing technologies that are required for it to exist.  The Bitcoin network can be considered a child of the Internet, and even though the Internet is the primary domain of the Bitcoin network, I believe the latter may have a significantly deeper impact on the direction of humanity. This is because money is such a fundamental and important idea. And sound, fair money is not something the world has really seen for most of our lifetimes.  I would propose the last discovery that humankind has made with this level of impact might have been the electric power grid which brought us, light, warmth, and the energy to do countless things that were either impossible or difficult before.

Power to the People

Yep... I called the worldwide electric power grid a “discovery”.  The reason I say we discovered this is because all the constituent parts used to become this network existed before we built it.  Electrons, copper wire, transformers, alternating current are all prior discoveries that we combined into a novel whole we could benefit from.  We take it from granted now.  But the choices and tradeoffs made as it was established and evolved are necessary for it to operate as it does today.

The relationship between Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison around the dawn of the 20th century is well known.  The two brilliant men fought “The War of Currents” in which each argued a different fundamental choice for the way electricity would be transmitted.  This topic is a wonderful story all it’s own, but the bottom line is Tesla's more complex, but efficient system ended up winning against Edison's simpler, but less feasible system.  And nearly the entire world now works the way Nikola Tesla envisioned.  We take it for granted now, but this decision for the world’s power grids to be built using an AC system took several years and was hard fought in the public arena.  The tradeoffs in Tesla's vision were superior to those in Edison’s.

Similarly, we are living through the time in which the world’s monetary transmission system is being built.  And the fog is only beginning to clear in the arena of ideas.  But IMPORTANT choices for certain tradeoffs have been made without which we would not have the properties we need to build something that will someday be as large and influential on the prosperity of the world as the power grid has been. 

A Square Deal

I still hold a peculiar delight around an idea I learned as a child.  In elementary geometry I learned what a rectangle is.  It is an object with four straight sides and four 90° angles.  A square is a special kind of rectangle with all 4 sides being equal lengths.  We can consider a square to be a specific sort of rectangle.  There is a hierarchy of ideas. The phrase that stuck with me is:

A square is always a rectangle, but a rectangle is not necessarily a square.   

In the realm of ideas, we have learned to classify things, and there is an order in which it works.  This is because there is an order in which the universe works.  We do not create the order, but discover it.

All of this is sort of arbitrary in that we are talking about abstractions describing the nature of the universe.  And the grand archetype of the square, and it’s ancestor, the rectangle existed before mankind.  And our descriptions and names for the ideas do not change them at all but allow us to understand them.  Is Pluto a planet, or not?  I would submit Pluto does not give a shit.

Which Way, Young Bitcoin?

Satoshi did not invent any of the constituent parts of the Bitcoin network except possibly blockchain, and even that was posited earlier by David Chaum.  Cryptographic primitives,  proof of work, and networking were all parts he combined to make Bitcoin.  The COMBINATION is novel, not the parts.  Even the concept of blockchain is just a combination of ideas that previously existed. Databases, time stamping, and cryptographic functions.

Bitcoin contains two great novel discoveries in the arrangement of its preexisting pieces and parts:  A way to implement digital scarcity, and a way to agree on a record without a central authority.

Number nine? Number nine?

The first part is groundbreaking all on it’s own.  An interesting issue with the digital space bounded by computers is the fact that any data can be effortlessly copied.  This has been a nightmare for the music industry.  How can you restrict people from copying an idea that is owned by someone else when that idea can be represented by just a long number? As much as I am tempted to go on a sidetrack on the idea of “intellectual property”, I will not... too much!

Bitcoin is the first digital good that cannot be copied.  Here is a very basic description of the way this works.  We pick a secret number from a set of numbers. Addresses are derived from that secret number.  Importantly, no one can use those addresses to reverse engineer our secret number. Bitcoin can be moved around between the public addresses by signing transactions with the secret number.

The reason you cannot copy a bitcoin is the same reason you cannot copy the number NINE.  There is only one number 9.  Satoshi used existing cryptography for us to move value around between public addresses that are controlled by a single individual number.  That is how it works.  It works on the universal principle that there is only one of each number. 

Once you get your head around this, the first question that comes to mind is: Well, would it not then be possible for two people to pick the same secret number?  And the answer is YES it is 100% possible.  But it is also practically impossible. The reason for this is we are working with a set of numbers SO LARGE that the chances of two people picking the same number are too small to be practically possible in our lifetimes, even using computers. See http://keys.lol for a delightful demonstration of this principle. 

So, Satoshi figured out a way to use existing cryptography to create digital ownership of certain numbers.  BOOM!  Digital scarcity.

The Mexican Standoff

The second discovery was a way to arrange technology to allow for multiple individuals, even possibly adversarial parties to agree on a shared ledger. For this to be achieved the ledger had to be distributed. If this database was controlled by a single party, or even a small number of parties then the system would not work any differently than what we use today when it comes to money. We would need a single bank, or a federation of banks and would have to trust those parties to always give us the correct data, and never change it.

This is where the design of bitcoin reminds me of “The war of the currents”, and my special rectangle, the square.

This time the argument has been how to use bitcoin’s database the blockchain. The choice the users of Bitcoin have made is to use the blockchain as sparingly as possible so that as many people as possible will continue to run a full node, thereby safeguarding the trust minimization and decentralization needed for Satoshi’s invention to work. Other projects, notably Ethereum as well as certain Bitcoin forks, have made a different trade off, and chosen to use the blockchain to store as much data as the network wants to throw at it.

This is a One Way Street

Many pieces have been written about why a small blockchain is central to the vision of bitcoin surviving. And it is not my purpose here to rehash (haha) that argument.  And many of the ideas presented by large block projects are interesting, and even worth implementation. But because of trust, a monetary BASE layer is not one of them.  I want to point something out that proves the small block and decentralized tradeoff is worth the trouble.

In a way reminiscent of my geometry lesson certain things can only work in one direction.  You CAN build centralized layers of blockchain on top of a decentralized base.  But you CANNOT build a decentralized layer on top of a trusted base.  At least not effectively. Because you will always have trust at the base layer.

A system like Ethereum can be built on a layer atop of Bitcoin, and that database can be anchored cryptographically to the Bitcoin base layer.  Then we get the benefits of the centralizing tradeoffs but still retain the benefits of the trust minimized base!  All the big blocker’s arguments vanish in a puff of universal logic once you realize we can build exactly what they want on top of a sufficiently decentralized base layer.

The Microsoft Digital ID project is a perfect example.  If I understand it correctly it will use a centralized or possibly centralizing database anchored to Bitcoin (although it is built agnostic as to which blockchain and could use Ethereum for example). So not everyone has to keep a full copy of its database, but the project can still inherit the trust minimized advantages of the chain on which it is based.

The liquid network is another great example.  It uses a federated model of block verifiers to gain several advantages such as lower fees and privacy but is again rooted in the DECENTRALIZED base layer of Bitcoin.

And even decentralized layers can be added such as the Lightning network which use a vastly different model for transactions which provides several advantages, but the reason it is decentralized is not only thanks to its design, but also the design of the base layer where it roots the smart contracts (called HTLCs) on which it is founded.

It would do you less good to build a lightning network on top of a centralized and trusted base layer.  Sure, the actions on the second layer could attempt the same exact advantages and even be trust minimized, but the third parties controlling the base layer could still censor the HTLCs thereby wrecking the whole thing.

The Birth of a Network

Only 100 years ago power grids were coming up across the US, and the rest of the world.  People did not need to know how they worked to benefit from light, air conditioning, machines, and all sorts of other inventions that were plugged into the base layer of the power grid. And the decisions needed for all this to work were made correctly.  These decisions power the computers the bitcoin network runs on. They power the ham radios that can broadcast a transmission. The decision to use AC instead of DC enables us to send vast amounts of power over long distances safely, and it is hard to imagine it working another way.

Our children will one day live in a world where they take the base monetary layer for granted.  They might not even know that their digital wallets use something called the BOLT protocol to transmit value with the least amount of trust possible.  And they will take it for granted that the choice for the system to be built on the simplest, most efficient base layer possible was as obvious as it was necessary.

A rectangle is not always a square, and a trust minimized system cannot be effectively run atop a centralized base.

We discover that the universe works certain ways.  We can change the names and classifications of things all we want, but Pluto will keep spinning around out there in the darkness no matter what we call it.  There will only ever be one number nine. And the bitcoin network, if it is successful, will always be decentralized.

What an exciting time to be alive!  As history is written the people witnessing the world change have an entirely different vantage than the generations that come after and can piece it all together neatly and succinctly.   But they will call us lucky.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10298

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:03:07 PM

Alts pumping hard. Is this trustable or a trap and we see it bleed out tomorrow again.

Yesterday I checked for the new Mercedes C AMG Cabrio 2021. Affordable nice car. But after checking my wallet I cancelled that thought  Cheesy

This dump teached me one thing. Take fucking profits. Since 2013 I never took a single cent of profit. Unfortunately the greed in the brain gets out of control during pumps. You say "just a bit more just a bit more it's going to 6 digits for sure just be patient" and then you watch your portfolio dumping down 50%+. Cashing out 10% at 60k would have given me better sleep the last 3 nights.

That's what I have been talking about for years.  Of course, you should not be cashing out too much, but you should be attempting to figure out various price points along the way.. whether that is 2x, 5x, 10x, 50x or whatever.  Something.

This dump teached me one thing. Take fucking profits. Since 2013 I never took a single cent of profit.
Last December I sold a significant part (so I don't risk paying taxes over a high value when it's not worth it anymore if Bitcoin drops). I could have sold 3-4 times higher a few months later. But (afterwards) this made me realize I sold around the value of the previous (2017) peak, and what you're saying sounds the same: you didn't want to sell at $60k, but dropping to $30k makes you want to sell at $60k. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but to me it felt a bit like I fell for it.

I always recommend taking a little off the top.
That's what I did in 2017: every time it went up x percent, I sold a tiny bit. Then mostly stopped selling until December 2020. This year, I didn't continue selling a tiny bit because I felt like I sold too much in December already.

This post demonstrates the need to tweak from time to time and to reconsider and try to find some kind of balance that feels comfortable and is acceptable.

Of course, finding a perfect balance might not be exactly possible, and people will also have tendencies to second guess themselves after seeing how the market subsequently moved.. but still even if we attempt to learn from that, many of us realize that we should be attempting to not kick ourselves over such prior decisions (and actions) and thereafter see if in the present time there might be ways that we can deal with what we got and even sometimes make up for some of our having had overdone it in the past in one direction or another.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 12114

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:07:37 PM

van html naar jpg
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 4219

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:12:00 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

@Arrie:

About 3D printers, you've already got some good info from fellow WOers. If possible, get a printer with two Z-axis lead screws, not with only one screw that's positioned on the side of the bed. Also, if possible, get one with automatic bed levelling. This will get your printer as close as possible to a plug-and-play device.

I read you're the kind of person that doesn't want to DIY stuff. In that case, I fully recommend the Original Prusa i3 MK3S+ (pre-built). You can't go wrong with a Prusa at an affordable price point.

If you want to use more exotic materials, dimensional accuracy, end-use parts, engineering work, go for an Ultimaker (the dual extruder models like the S3 or the S5 for larger build volume). Expensive, but well worth it. A workhorse that will give you consistent results for years, whereas the cheaper ones will noticeably degrade over time.

I've been using 3D printers at work and personally since 2019. Now, I simply cannot survive without a 3D printer. I feel almost like a small god that can create anything at will. I rarely, if ever, print ready-made objects. I design everything myself using Autodesk Inventor (this s/w is even more amazing than any 3D printer can ever be). This is when a 3D printer truly shines. If you just download and print, it will get boring pretty quickly, and you will soon abandon the sport.

My 2 sats.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:25:00 PM

31100 -> 37500 (+6400) in 24 hours, not bad.

Another leg down is setting up right now. The bitcoin price won't be able to sustain itself above $35k for 10 consecutive days.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2021, 05:27:24 PM

Here comes a cAPSLOCK Saturday LONG POST.  Maybe too long?  So long it took 2 extra days and 3 extra pots of coffee:

A Tale of Two Networks

Our generation has the unique honor to be alive to witness the formation of an important new global network.  Counter-intuitively this network may be more important than some of the world changing technologies that are required for it to exist.  The Bitcoin network can be considered a child of the Internet, and even though the Internet is the primary domain of the Bitcoin network, I believe the latter may have a significantly deeper impact on the direction of humanity. This is because money is such a fundamental and important idea. And sound, fair money is not something the world has really seen for most of our lifetimes.  I would propose the last discovery that humankind has made with this level of impact might have been the electric power grid which brought us, light, warmth, and the energy to do countless things that were either impossible or difficult before.

Power to the People

Yep... I called the worldwide electric power grid a “discovery”.  The reason I say we discovered this is because all the constituent parts used to become this network existed before we built it.  Electrons, copper wire, transformers, alternating current are all prior discoveries that we combined into a novel whole we could benefit from.  We take it from granted now.  But the choices and tradeoffs made as it was established and evolved are necessary for it to operate as it does today.

The relationship between Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison around the dawn of the 20th century is well known.  The two brilliant men fought “The War of Currents” in which each argued a different fundamental choice for the way electricity would be transmitted.  This topic is a wonderful story all it’s own, but the bottom line is Tesla's more complex, but efficient system ended up winning against Edison's simpler, but less feasible system.  And nearly the entire world now works the way Nikola Tesla envisioned.  We take it for granted now, but this decision for the world’s power grids to be built using an AC system took several years and was hard fought in the public arena.  The tradeoffs in Tesla's vision were superior to those in Edison’s.

Similarly, we are living through the time in which the world’s monetary transmission system is being built.  And the fog is only beginning to clear in the arena of ideas.  But IMPORTANT choices for certain tradeoffs have been made without which we would not have the properties we need to build something that will someday be as large and influential on the prosperity of the world as the power grid has been.  

A Square Deal

I still hold a peculiar delight around an idea I learned as a child.  In elementary geometry I learned what a rectangle is.  It is an object with four straight sides and four 90° angles.  A square is a special kind of rectangle with all 4 sides being equal lengths.  We can consider a square to be a specific sort of rectangle.  There is a hierarchy of ideas. The phrase that stuck with me is:

A square is always a rectangle, but a rectangle is not necessarily a square.  

In the realm of ideas, we have learned to classify things, and there is an order in which it works.  This is because there is an order in which the universe works.  We do not create the order, but discover it.

All of this is sort of arbitrary in that we are talking about abstractions describing the nature of the universe.  And the grand archetype of the square, and it’s ancestor, the rectangle existed before mankind.  And our descriptions and names for the ideas do not change them at all but allow us to understand them.  Is Pluto a planet, or not?  I would submit Pluto does not give a shit.

Which Way, Young Bitcoin?

Satoshi did not invent any of the constituent parts of the Bitcoin network except possibly blockchain, and even that was posited earlier by David Chaum.  Cryptographic primitives,  proof of work, and networking were all parts he combined to make Bitcoin.  The COMBINATION is novel, not the parts.  Even the concept of blockchain is just a combination of ideas that previously existed. Databases, time stamping, and cryptographic functions.

Bitcoin contains two great novel discoveries in the arrangement of its preexisting pieces and parts:  A way to implement digital scarcity, and a way to agree on a record without a central authority.

Number nine? Number nine?

The first part is groundbreaking all on it’s own.  An interesting issue with the digital space bounded by computers is the fact that any data can be effortlessly copied.  This has been a nightmare for the music industry.  How can you restrict people from copying an idea that is owned by someone else when that idea can be represented by an exceedingly long number? As much as I am tempted to go on a sidetrack on the idea of “intellectual property”, I will not... too much!

Bitcoin is the first digital good that cannot be copied.  Here is a very basic description of the way this works.  We pick a secret number from a set of numbers. Addresses are derived from that secret number.  Importantly, no one can use those addresses to reverse engineer our secret number. Bitcoin can be moved around between the public numbers by signing transactions with the secret number.

The reason you cannot copy a bitcoin is the same reason you cannot copy the number NINE.  There is only one number 9.  Satoshi used existing cryptography for us to move value around between public addresses that are controlled by a single individual number.  That is how it works.  It works on the universal principle that there is only one of each number.  

Once you get your head around this, the first question that comes to mind is: Well, would it not then be possible for two people to pick the same secret number?  And the answer is YES it is 100% possible.  But it is also practically impossible. The reason for this is we are working with a set of numbers SO LARGE that the chances of two people picking the same number are too small to be practically possible in our lifetimes, even using computers. See http://keys.lol for a delightful demonstration of this principle.  

So, Satoshi figured out a way to use existing cryptography to create digital ownership of certain numbers.  BOOM!  Digital scarcity.

The Mexican Standoff

The second discovery was a way to arrange technology to allow for multiple individuals, even possibly adversarial parties to agree on a shared ledger. For this to be achieved the ledger had to be distributed. If this database was controlled by a single party, or even a small number of parties then the system would not work any differently than what we use today when it comes to money. We would need a single bank, or a federation of banks and would have to trust those parties to always give us the correct data, and never change it.

This is where the design of bitcoin reminds me of “The war of the currents”, and my special rectangle, the square.

This time the argument has been how to use bitcoin’s database the blockchain. The choice the users of Bitcoin have made is to use the blockchain as sparingly as possible so that as many people as possible will continue to run a full node, thereby safeguarding the trust minimization and decentralization needed for Satoshi’s invention to work. Other projects, notably Ethereum as well as certain Bitcoin forks, have made a different trade off, and chosen to use the blockchain to store as much data as the network wants to throw at it.

This is a One Way Street

Many pieces have been written about why a small blockchain is central to the vision of bitcoin surviving. And it is not my purpose here to rehash (haha) that argument.  And many of the ideas presented by large block projects are interesting, and even worth implementation. But because of trust, a monetary BASE layer is not one of them.  I want to point something out that proves the small block and decentralized tradeoff is worth the trouble.

In a way reminiscent of my geometry lesson certain things can only work in one direction.  You CAN build centralized layers of blockchain on top of a decentralized base.  But you CANNOT build a decentralized layer on top of a trusted base.  At least not effectively. Because you will always have trust at the base layer.

A system like Ethereum can be built on a layer atop of Bitcoin, and that database can be anchored cryptographically to the Bitcoin base layer.  Then we get the benefits of the centralizing tradeoffs but still retain the benefits of the trust minimized base!  All the big blocker’s arguments vanish in a puff of universal logic once you realize we can build exactly what they want on top of a sufficiently decentralized base layer.

The Microsoft Digital ID project is a perfect example.  If I understand it correctly it will use a centralized or possibly centralizing database anchored to Bitcoin (although it is built agnostic as to which blockchain and could use Ethereum for example). So not everyone has to keep a full copy of its database, but the project can still inherit the trust minimized advantages of the chain on which it is based.

The liquid network is another great example.  It uses a federated model of block verifiers to gain several advantages such as lower fees and privacy but is again rooted in the DECENTRALIZED base layer of Bitcoin.

And even decentralized layers can be added such as the Lightning network which use a vastly different model for transaction which provides several advantages, but the reason it is decentralized is not only thank to ITS design, but also the design of the base layer where it roots the smart contracts (called HTLCs) on which it is founded.

It would do you less good to build a lightning network on top of a centralized and trusted base layer.  Sure, the actions on the second layer could attempt the same exact advantages and even be trust minimized, but the third parties controlling the base layer could still censor the HTLCs thereby wrecking the whole thing.

The Birth of a Network

Only 100 years ago power grids were coming up across the US, and the rest of the world.  People did not need to know how they worked to benefit from light, air conditioning, machines, and all sorts of other inventions that were plugged into the base layer of the power grid. And the decisions needed for all this to work were made correctly.  These decisions power the computers the bitcoin network runs on. They power the ham radios that can broadcast a transmission. The decision to use AC instead of DC enables us to send vast amounts of power over long distances safely, and it is hard to imagine it working another way.

Our children will one day live in a world where they take the base monetary layer for granted.  They might not even know that their digital wallets use something called the lightning network protocol to transmit value with the least amount of trust possible.  And they will take it for granted that the choice for the system to be built on the simplest, most efficient base layer possible was as obvious as it was necessary.

A rectangle is not always a square, and a trust minimized system cannot be effectively run atop a centralized base.

We discover that the universe works certain ways.  We can change the names and classifications of things all we want, but Pluto will keep spinning around out there in the darkness no matter what we call it.  There will only ever be one number nine. And the bitcoin network, if it is successful, will always be decentralized.

What an exciting time to be alive!  As history is written the people witnessing the world change have an entirely different vantage than the generations that come after and can piece it all together neatly and succinctly.   But they will call us lucky.

This.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 3199

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:35:46 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2021, 04:08:32 AM by bitebits
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

This thread is about observing walls but is entertaining and a bit sad there are even legendary members that still don't seem to get it, selling bitcoin for fiat. That sugar rush of a few extra dollars gained will soon fade while the pain of not having bitcoins will last and increase forever.

Seems a bit of a strong statement to presume that guys need to be focusing ONLY on bitcoin when not only do we live in a fiat dominated world, there are all kinds of timeline and individualistic considerations, too.

[wall of text]

Not really the walls I was referring to even though your walls of text JJG have become part of the observing of walls.

Nothing wrong with diversifying into other dividend producing, or life improving, assets. Or even just for having some spending money. Selling bitcoin for fiat though, just because, makes no sense to me. Even less so boasting about it in this place. Those who do clearly have not grasped yet what they had in their hands and gave away for something that can be printed out of thin air. Still a fiat mindset.

However indeed no need for me or yourself to lecture anyone. Bitcoin does and will do that all by itself just fine.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 4219

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:38:00 PM

[...]

What an exciting time to be alive!  As history is written the people witnessing the world change have an entirely different vantage than the generations that come after and can piece it all together neatly and succinctly.   But they will call us lucky.

Indeed. An excellent post. Thanks for taking the time to write this.
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1302
Merit: 714

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:43:26 PM

The correction is overdone. BTC is entering in Bullish zone now as reflected on Technical charts. We will see huge rally  in coming weeks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheMoonCarl/status/1396565333306134528
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2933

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:46:53 PM

“Charlie bit my finger” sold in NFT for $760k

OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 3039

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:49:39 PM

Buy the dip

Thanks, two years ago i had my vasectomy which cost me $600.
Now you basically told me i could have bought the 2019 Dip with $70k instead...  Roll Eyes

EDIT: I just wanted to tell you guys, i had to sell (less than 1% of my stash) to be able to pay my new doors for the house extension, almost exactly at trend reversal.
I knew this. I just had no choice. NOT a Mindrust event.
I wish they could have delivered the doors with one or two weeks of delay  Angry
NR007

Activity: 168
Merit: 37

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:53:10 PM

I came back after being in another business for a long time and was very surprised that the 0.2 btc I safe in my wallet had turned into thousand of dollar in just a few years. Even the 33 gram of gold I bought could not bring me an advantage in this amount compared to bitcoin. I have sold all of my bitcoin at the time they were $55K, which is awesome.
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2137

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:56:07 PM

I came back after being in another business for a long time and was very surprised that the 0.2 btc I safe in my wallet had turned into thousand of dollar in just a few years. Even the 33 gram of gold I bought could not bring me an advantage in this amount compared to bitcoin. I have sold all of my bitcoin at the time they were $55K, which is awesome.

Good for you   Kiss
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3909

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 05:58:38 PM

Man, aren't the prices insane?!? I'm so glad I snagged a 3080 on launch night at RRP. In my country they're going for nearly triple what I paid for my card

Kinda sucks. I bought Cyberpunk and the GPU I was trying to use just wasn't quite up to the job. I've been looking out for a capable GPU but Cyberpunk has already dropped in price a couple of times.

Cyberpunk is quite decent to good on MSI 1080 Ti gaming, but even those now go for $600plus (closer to 700) on Ebay (still, $630-690 is much less than crazy prices for 3080, which is nowhere to be seen at the regular price).
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3909

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 06:00:44 PM

Buy the dip

Thanks, two years ago i had my vasectomy which cost me $600.
Now you basically told me i could have bought the 2019 Dip with $70k instead...  Roll Eyes

EDIT: I just wanted to tell you guys, i had to sell (less than 1% of my stash) to be able to pay my new doors for the house extension, almost exactly at trend reversal.
I knew this. I just had no choice. NOT a Mindrust event.
I wish they could have delivered the doors with one or two weeks of delay  Angry

Those must have been some MIGHTY doors  Wink
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1778

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 24, 2021, 06:01:35 PM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 28671 28672 28673 28674 28675 28676 28677 28678 28679 28680 28681 28682 28683 28684 28685 28686 28687 28688 28689 28690 28691 28692 28693 28694 28695 28696 28697 28698 28699 28700 28701 28702 28703 28704 28705 28706 28707 28708 28709 28710 28711 28712 28713 28714 28715 28716 28717 28718 28719 28720 [28721] 28722 28723 28724 28725 28726 28727 28728 28729 28730 28731 28732 28733 28734 28735 28736 28737 28738 28739 28740 28741 28742 28743 28744 28745 28746 28747 28748 28749 28750 28751 28752 28753 28754 28755 28756 28757 28758 28759 28760 28761 28762 28763 28764 28765 28766 28767 28768 28769 28770 28771 ... 33371 »
  Print  

Jump to: