May 03, 2024, 12:16:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29836 29837 29838 29839 29840 29841 29842 29843 29844 29845 29846 29847 29848 29849 29850 29851 29852 29853 29854 29855 29856 29857 29858 29859 29860 29861 29862 29863 29864 29865 29866 29867 29868 29869 29870 29871 29872 29873 29874 29875 29876 29877 29878 29879 29880 29881 29882 29883 29884 29885 [29886] 29887 29888 29889 29890 29891 29892 29893 29894 29895 29896 29897 29898 29899 29900 29901 29902 29903 29904 29905 29906 29907 29908 29909 29910 29911 29912 29913 29914 29915 29916 29917 29918 29919 29920 29921 29922 29923 29924 29925 29926 29927 29928 29929 29930 29931 29932 29933 29934 29935 29936 ... 33318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371339 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10206

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 07:46:13 PM
Merited by psycodad (1)

Sorry to post this here, but it needs to be heard. If the mods want, they can delete it or move it to Bob's thread.

Last I heard, many normal forum rules such as being on topic do not apply in these here parts..... except up to the discretion of the thread owner, which is infofront in the past 4.5 years.. or is it longer?

In other words, there is no rule in these here parts about being "off-topic"... unless you are shilling some product or shitcoin or engaging in some other forum violation.. that maybe need not be listed in my post.. who needs to give examples? 

Of course, there are some members who do want to weave shitcoin discussions into their WO posts, and if the shitcoin discussions are ambiguous in terms of their somehow having some connection to bitcoin, then maybe no one is going to complain about such posts... there are some other members who engage in some other conduct that is not really liked by regular members here.. so there could be some differences of opinion regarding if some posts cross over the line of acceptable...... and I suppose since there is ONLY one thread owner, then it would be up to him to decide if he believes some post goes over the line.. or if one of us were to lobby to attempt to get him to delete some kinds of posts, which surely infofront has so far historically errored on the side of not deleting posts.. which in the end does not seem to be a bad thing.. at least so far..

It is not magic. It is science.

magic, science...if you can't shot it, it's not real. stay behind the purple fence dude! Smiley

I tend to agree with this assertion in terms of questioning some of the strict assertions regarding what happens to be science, and of course anecdotal evidence is not very strong science in and of itself.

Part of my point here, is that we cannot necessarily know in the case of AlcoHoDL's family member if the vaccine would have clearly and unambiguously reversed the outcome.

For sure in early 2020, when the covid matters were first coming out, there may well have been facts on the ground to justify extreme actions; however, part of the problems that I have been having with the passage of time has been both the shifting goal posts and the various kinds of lying that has been happening all along... so of course in the beginning, I was more than willing to give a lot of benefits of the doubt, but even if we give benefits of the doubt, we should be able to appreciate that a lot of the evidence does not add up. and there seem to be a lot of ways that this supposed epidemic is being used to take a lot of extreme actions in terms of various economic matter (and surely that relates to bitcoin), a lot of interference of social interaction matters that relates to the abilities of people to effectively seek redress of grievances or affect policies, and surely the matter of assertions of what is science and what is not science has been abused including whether there can be ways to question when the "authorities" say that certain levels of precautions are warranted.... and yeah in the beginning we did not know.. and later we are finding a lot of overkill and even overkill that continues.

Fuck the nature of a virus is that it is going to mutate.. and then there just seems to be way too much drama attached to the needs to take various additional precautions.. and yeah, I am not even claiming to know the answers.. but I really do not like being lied to.. and I do not like when proper balancing is not made in a variety of regards to policies and shutting down businesses.. fuck the various conspiracy theorists, and I surely would not prescribe to jumping to conclusions too quickly about conspiracies.. but there has developed so many areas in which we have been lied to.. that it is just ongoingly irritating for me.. including the supposed effectiveness of various vaccines.. and yeah I am not going to go on at this particular point.... except just to reiterate that the more passage of time shows more and more contradictions and areas in which we are being lied to and manipulated and there have been a lot of not good intentions that have been attached to these matters.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 07:48:53 PM

@AlcoHoDL

Lucky i am far away from you, people around you seem to get sick and die at a rate well above average from this covid thing.
That begs the question why would that be?

Can it be the exact opposite lifestyle to the Amish or the liking what they dont like, government , public shools, health care system
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1DgWYdukZU
birr

Activity: 867
Merit: 584

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 07:58:49 PM

Can one of the expert trolls here please help me think of something condescending and abusive to type?
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3859

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 08:00:04 PM
Merited by sirazimuth (1)

@AlcoHoDL post was legit-basically grievance for a family member, my condolencies.

However, i do think that COVID discussion should be mostly on Bob's thread.
A little here is OK, but not if it dominates.
Personally, i almost never post on this topic (maybe to clarify something biological) and I LIKE the idea of neutrality as I also don't like to discuss the political leanings per se.
It is also true that nothing, apart from bitcoin, unites the members, so we should be focused on bitcoin and connecting topics, imho.
Politics would never be a consensus here and no expectation of polite discourse on that.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 08:01:28 PM

Explanation
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4149

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 08:22:10 PM

@AlcoHoDL

Lucky i am far away from you, people around you seem to get sick and die at a rate well above average from this covid thing.
That begs the question why would that be?

Can it be the exact opposite lifestyle to the Amish or the liking what they dont like, government, public shools, health care system
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1DgWYdukZU

Have posted my reply in Bob's COVID-19 thread. <-- click to jump to it.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7979

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 08:23:40 PM
Merited by fillippone (3)

There's another full moon tomorrow (or the 19th in the morning depending on where you live) and while this isn't trading advice, it looks as though there might just be something to all this talk of bitcoin "mooning" after all.  A little hopium chart for your perusal:

Just for comparison, here's the exact same chart, but with the positions of the full-moon / new-moon icons flipped on the vertical axis. Note that the horizontal locations of the icons are still correct (i.e., the icons still represent the correct definitions for full moon / new moon).

A better chart would be one that shows the percentage profit/loss of each period.

I was able to line up the months but the y-axis scale is slightly different for price is slightly different.  For the lower two lines, the grey one represents bitcoin price and the red represents relative unrealized profit/loss (thank you lookintobitcoin.com).  I haven't tried to read anything much into it yet; getting them to line up took too much concentration but that dip from optimism to denial then fear and finally to capitulation in March 2020 seems to align with the full moon.  The full moon was March 9th and the minimum price was March 12th, 2020.

d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2899

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 08:25:51 PM

I knew! The phase of the moon just had to have something to do with price...
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1825
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 08:32:28 PM
Merited by jojo69 (1)

... shill your anti-vaxxer shit.  Sad

Oh Jesus... Here we go again...
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2116

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 08:54:56 PM

I did not sell any btc to increase spending, but had to make some moves in a couple of unnamed alts that had obscene gains in 2021.
House remodeling is expensive.
My bitcoin stash keeps accumulating (slowly) due to mining rewards.

For those of you who like viewing some expensive RE (I have to say that the buildings themselves are amazing from the engineering perspective), check out this, although this is probably out of reach for almost everyone here...but in 10 years...who knows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wehsz38P74g

In New York?

OK as your second or third home, I guess.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7834

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2021, 08:55:41 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

Look bottom line we are all human and we are all dying.

Let's leave that out of here.

Dip still looking very good.

I am stacking and growing my stash a should all of you.

My condolences to everyone that has lost loved ones as I am pretty sure almost all of us have lost a person they care for.

Went to a sports bar today with six other married guys and wore my rainbow glasses to read my cell phone. told them all Rainbows are for straight people too.

Pretty drink on Tito's watching my Jets actually close to  winning a game 24-24 at the moment.

Lets leave off the anti vax  and pro vax crap  and think about a  lost one instead.  To all that lost friend or family in all of their life here's to the memory of them.

and Go Jets

along with go BTC!

Buy some dip today people.

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 08:57:35 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (2), JayJuanGee (1), LFC_Bitcoin (1), LoyceV (1)

I AM getting really fucking offended at the Mod of this WO thread that you can post this fucking over the top rant
For what it's worth: infofront hasn't been online in 4 days.

After all Covid discussion here was forced, yes FORCED off this WO thread
I missed the part where that happened, but if that was the case, I assume infofront will use his delete button again when he's back.

This was supposed to be neutral ground to talk about Bitcoin and other world happenings.
I do like that, without the drama caused by other differences of opinion. Let's face it: "we" here have only one thing in common. Except for proudhon of course, we have nothing in common.

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7834

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2021, 08:58:36 PM

Oh right after I post NY Jets are now trailing oh well Cry
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 09:01:36 PM

Explanation
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 09:02:50 PM

<scans back>

wow

um...

so..... is not everyone getting excited for Santa and presents and eggnog and that sort of thing... etc...?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg55895025#msg55895025

sorry for your loss, AlcoHoDL
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 09:08:17 PM

Oh right after I post NY Jets are now trailing oh well Cry

...and I thought my team was bad this year (Go Steelers!)
Sorry philipma1957 but I can sympathize.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 09:09:14 PM
Merited by Gachapin (1)

This is disgusting. Dirty dirty dirty move... using the death of fellow WOer's close relative to shill your anti-vaxxer shit.  Sad

Oh the irony...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10206

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 09:09:59 PM
Merited by fillippone (3), aesma (1), AlcoHoDL (1)

Ok, that's it. I've had it.

After all Covid discussion here was forced, yes FORCED off this WO thread because people didn't like it discussed here and moved into Bob's off-topic thread, now pro-vaxxers are allowed to bring it back to be discussed here? And to get sympathy, merits, and fawned over?

Surely you seem to be reading too much into some kind of supposed biasness..

Yeah.. people are out to get you Torque...

Fuck Bawb's thread... .. at least to the extent that some ways of discussing covid are surely related to bitcoin.. and various shenanigans that seem to be happening around various economic and policy decisions and just a lot of weirdness going on out there in terms of how some of the behaviors of people seem to make it easier for policy makers to do whatever the fuck they like because of what is seeming to be more and more exaggerated as a pandemic.. and that is not even my trying to take away from the fact that there may be a decent amount of evidence of additional health issues and the filling up of hospitals or whatever other various ramifications there might be in terms of death and illnesses from people who end up getting sick from the virus or some other cause such as from the vaccine or some snake oil treatments that might be out there.

sure there may be some ways that the virus is not connected to bitcoin, but there surely are a lot of ways that it seems to be played in a variety of ways that relates to what's happening in bitcoin... so surely, I will agree with you Torque that it seems way to strict to be suggesting that the virus is not connected with bitcoin.. but surely some of your ways of discussing it seem to get way too much into the health aspects of it rather than some ways of connecting the matter with bitcoin.. but whatever, I don't really want to quibble about that.. because you can do what you want in terms of framing...

Maybe there are also more than the economic ramifications and the various control of the people aspects... that end up relating to bitcoin.... There are likely people on all sides of the political spectrum that wonder how various systems can stay in place to pay people to not work.. and gosh I am not really opposed to some kinds of social welfare including social welfare of access to health treatments, but many folks are likely bothered by such long periods of people seeming to get a lot of pay that seems to disincentivize them to work.. and. any of those can become really deep subjects depending on how they are framed.. and the extent to which they are related to bitcoin might be a matter in terms of which aspects are discussed or how presented.

Sure, if we are strictly talking about whether vaccines are effective and matters like that, then maybe in those kinds of circumstances the framing of the topic is not very related to bitcoin.  Hard to know.. and maybe too much virus talk does seem as if we are distracted from talking about the walls and matters that are more clearly of shared interest for this thread specifically.

This was supposed to be neutral ground to talk about Bitcoin and other world happenings. Complete hypocrisy and bullshit.

That's not exactly true.. I mean you seem to be getting a bit worked up about nothing..

If so, I'm completely done with the WO. Will never post here again.

Rage quit.. Where have we heard that before?

Of course, it is your choice what the fuck you want to do and if you find that it is more helpful to you are not to be participating in a thread like this one.

I've been thinking about leaving anyway, as I've seen the participation falling off for years now.

Oh?

And it's not like there is anything ever new here: either you're already a believer in Bitcoin and are a HODLer, you're a shit poor daytarder, or you're a shill and a troll.

That's a pretty superficial reading regarding what is going on here... makes you sound like a troll if you are going to summarize what is going on here in that kind of a way.

He means below 100$ surely ?

Doesn't make sense though. 10K$ might happen if some major event causes it, like a big whale getting arrested and the authorities getting the coins, something like that.

100$, that would be another kind of major : a successful attack on BTC, killing it. Buying at that price wouldn't make sense then, as it would be worthless, in fact you wouldn't even know if you were really getting the coins you would be buying.

You seem to not understand BTC too well if you believe that $10k or sub-$10k is meaningfully feasible.

But, hey, you do you.

Didn't you buy BTC at 9000$ a few weeks ago ? Maybe I remember wrong.

At the time that the fluke on BinanceUS happened the BTC price was around $64k, and the price spiked down to $8,800 or something like that.  My buy orders on that particular exchange had only gone down to $42k, even though I had orders on other exchanges at that time that went down to $24k, and currently my orders go down to $20k. 

In March 2021, I had outstanding buy orders on various exchanges that went down to $9k, but I also had some somewhat elective cashflow issues that caused me to remove buy orders between about $9k and $13k, and later in the year, between May and July, I had some additional somewhat discretionary issues that had contributed to me removing most of the additional buy orders between $13k and $20k.

Furthermore, I may well end up moving some more of my buy orders between $20k and $30k.. I am still considering the matter, even though it would probably be better to be slow about it and to figure out some other ways to manage the matters to allow the 208-week moving average to move up to those prices, and currently the 208-week moving average is at a little less than $18.5k.. and the slope of the 208-week moving average coming up seems to have flattened a wee bit.

Maybe we are talking past each other a bit because I really do not see major issues for guys to keep buy orders down to low prices and even to have buy orders below locations to which they believe it feasible for the BTC price to go.

But having buy orders going down remains only ONE of the strategies to attempt to manage your BTC holdings, and surely some of the choices related to BTC holdings management is going to involve determinations regarding where you are at in your bitcoin journey.. and if you are in early stages of BTC accumulation, then your picture will be different as compared to if you have already reached over-accumulation levels.. so in that regard, it may well pay off to attempt to assess what someone is saying in regards to where s/he is at.. and if such person is already decently stocked up on BTC then it likely does not hurt to have some of those kinds of low ball orders.

There are some people who are not adequately stocked up on BTC and are advocating such low buy order placement tactics, and there are people who sell their BTC and hope to accumulate more BTC through such sales.  I do not suggest that people engage in behaviors to fuck around with the BTC market like that until they are clearly overallocated and have more options or if they engage in such practices then they do so in a very limited way and emphasize DCA and lump sum investing before either getting into buying on the dip or at least aggressive buying on the dip strategies that seem to be way too short-sighted in terms of inadequately preparing for UP.. and taking chances with such a great asset like bitcoin that you should not be playing around with downside bets when there are such great asymmetric upside potentials.

BTC dipping that low is unlikely, I agree with you, but not impossible. If a whale wanted to make it happen for some reason, selling say 50 000 BTC simultaneously across all major exchanges, that could do it. Now, I haven't researched this affirmation, you'd need to look at order books, estimate what bots would do, how much fiat/stablecoins are on exchanges that could add new orders. And also, what would be the reaction of others, it's likely to cause a panic, adding sell orders.

Ok... fair enough that sometimes there can be anomalies on the less liquid exchanges, and we have seen that several times in bitcoin's history.. furthermore, we have seen blackswan events that seem to occur a wee bit more than what they should be statistically likely to happen... but still I hardly even suggest that normies should be playing these kinds of games... that is called gambling... In other words, there is no problem to attempt to prepare for UP and DOWN scenarios including attempting to prepare for extreme UP and DOWN scenarios, but that would not mean that any of us should be putting a lot of resources into scenarios that may well have less than 5% chances of happening, and maybe even lower chances than that. 

Of course, each of us are not going to assign probabilities in the same way, and surely some people are going to be more correct in their assessments of probabilities, so each of us is merely tasked with doing the best probabilities assessments that we can and to realize that we might make mistakes and maybe even retaining enough flexibility in our own systems in order that we are able to tweak our strategies from time to time in accordance with changes in our perceptions regarding probabilities (and sure sometimes changes in the facts, too).

In other words, it seems the better of practices to assign your allocations of resources to your assessment of probabilities, so if you assess the bottom of this price correction to be:

sub $10k = 2%

$10k-$20k = 6%

$20k to $30k = 12%

$30k to $40k = 18%

$40k to $46k = 23%

Total percentages for downspike scenarios:  61%

then hopefully you are able to line up your BTC buy orders in accordance with your assignment of probabilities accordingly.  So of course your numbers might be different than the ones that I have described above.. and maybe those are approximations of my own?  Don't get me wrong, the fact that I might concede a down spike having 61% odds of happening would not mean that I would necessarily consider any of these to be sustainable or even BTC's likely direction, since I still consider that we are in a bull market, but there could be some questions regarding how much more downward movement might happen, how long it might last, and then if such additional down does end up happening, then does such down change the odds of more down or take us out of the bull market after a certain price range or duration in being at such price range.

aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 09:12:27 PM
Merited by vapourminer (2)

About the antiviral treatments you mentioned, do you mean monoclonal antibodies? If so, I think they are very expensive (of that's what they are telling us) and reserved for those at very high risk (immunosuppressed patients, transplant receivers, etc.). His health was in top shape, based on official military records, he was very fit, motorcycle rider, used his bicycle often, exercising, etc. Actually I still cannot believe this has happened to him... I don't know what else to say...

Yes. Remdesivir, like used by Trump. Not available here as it hasn't been deemed good enough. I was also thinking about the Pfizer pill, which will be available, but it's probably too new.

Even then, treatment can be altered depending on the vaccination status. For example putting someone under positive oxygen pressure early, and giving them Dexamethasone : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexamethasone#COVID%E2%80%9119

In the end I think your relative was mostly unlucky, aside from his decision not to vaccinate, as most people in his age group without comorbidities survive (some with side effects, long COVID etc.).

Back to BTC, I have converted all my euro fiat on exchanges to USDC, so now I can relate more easily to the US price of corn, and in a way it's less related to my daily life, which helps in hodling.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2021, 09:14:50 PM

Ha ha!  Well I did read somewhere that technical analysis is simply astrology for men and that astrology is no better at predicting the future than random chance.  It gives me something rather than watching TV to do in my free time though.

I consider it more akin to reading tea-leaves.
Pages: « 1 ... 29836 29837 29838 29839 29840 29841 29842 29843 29844 29845 29846 29847 29848 29849 29850 29851 29852 29853 29854 29855 29856 29857 29858 29859 29860 29861 29862 29863 29864 29865 29866 29867 29868 29869 29870 29871 29872 29873 29874 29875 29876 29877 29878 29879 29880 29881 29882 29883 29884 29885 [29886] 29887 29888 29889 29890 29891 29892 29893 29894 29895 29896 29897 29898 29899 29900 29901 29902 29903 29904 29905 29906 29907 29908 29909 29910 29911 29912 29913 29914 29915 29916 29917 29918 29919 29920 29921 29922 29923 29924 29925 29926 29927 29928 29929 29930 29931 29932 29933 29934 29935 29936 ... 33318 »
  Print  

Jump to: