April 27, 2024, 02:14:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30224 30225 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 30239 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 30250 30251 30252 30253 30254 30255 30256 30257 30258 30259 30260 30261 30262 30263 30264 30265 30266 30267 30268 30269 30270 30271 30272 30273 [30274] 30275 30276 30277 30278 30279 30280 30281 30282 30283 30284 30285 30286 30287 30288 30289 30290 30291 30292 30293 30294 30295 30296 30297 30298 30299 30300 30301 30302 30303 30304 30305 30306 30307 30308 30309 30310 30311 30312 30313 30314 30315 30316 30317 30318 30319 30320 30321 30322 30323 30324 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368445 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2778
Merit: 1791

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 08:08:10 PM

And Russia is about to shoot down US marked planes. Who would've ever thought American MIG-29s. Whoever thought of this should get a Darwin award

The authorities of the Republic of Poland, after consultations between the President and the Goverment, are ready to deploy – immediately and free of charge – all their MIG-29 jets to the Ramstein Air Base and place them at the disposal of the Government of the United States of America.
https://www.gov.pl/web/diplomacy/statement-of-the-minister-of-foreign-affairs-of-the-republic-of-poland-in-connection-with-the-statement-by-the-us-secretary-of-state-on-providing-airplanes-to-ukraine

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2066

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 08:12:49 PM

And Russia is about to shoot down US marked planes. Who would've ever thought American MIG-29s. Whoever thought of this should get a Darwin award

The authorities of the Republic of Poland, after consultations between the President and the Goverment, are ready to deploy – immediately and free of charge – all their MIG-29 jets to the Ramstein Air Base and place them at the disposal of the Government of the United States of America.
https://www.gov.pl/web/diplomacy/statement-of-the-minister-of-foreign-affairs-of-the-republic-of-poland-in-connection-with-the-statement-by-the-us-secretary-of-state-on-providing-airplanes-to-ukraine

Gulp
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1652

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2022, 08:20:34 PM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

Does anyone have experience with smuggling ppl out of Russia during wartime? I have a friend and an uncle (and his family) who are Russian, living in Russia now.
They want to gtfo asap and don't know of any possibilities. Because the world is currently unfairly biased against all Russians, I doubt they will get refugee status in nearby countries and they might get arrested if found trying to cross the border. I wouldn't put it past Putler to put them all in Siberian Gulags for life...

Not possible to just go "on holiday" to china, flying out from there?

Kind of like jumping out of the pan into the fire, isn't it? They even send North Korean refugees back to face their deaths in NK. Not a good bet to take.

Get passports and fly to Armenia or some other country that doesn't require visas. Some allow staying up to 6-12 months, some (Georgia IIRC) will reset the counter if you leave just for a day, so basically indefinitely.

Kazakhstan (no visa up to 90 days) might be cheaper to travel to if flight tickets to other countries are sold out, which they most likely are.

Don't try smuggling, that won't end well.

Quite informational, thank you. Do you know if there is there a possibility of getting a citizenship long term?

Russians pack trains into Finland as sanctions bite.

It's one of the few remaining routes from Russia to the EU: trains to Finland are packed with Russians fearful that now is their last chance to escape the impact of Western sanctions.

--
The Allegro express train linking St Petersburg to the Finnish capital is currently the only open rail route between Russia and the EU.

--
The Allegro train to Helsinki is, however, only open to a select few.

Russia stipulates that passengers must be Russian or Finnish citizens, a visa is required, and passengers must prove they have an EU-recognised Covid vaccination, not the Sputnik dose which is most commonly given in Russia.

Doubt that will work, they have the Sputnik crap and no visa. It takes ages to confirm for visa in Russia, and even then it probably won't happen. Ive been trying to get a workers Visa for my friend since January 2021. First attempt failed. For some reason which they refuse to say, they did not grant it. Second application still processing since 4 months or so. I see no hope with getting visas.

So the Polish chickened out and passed the hot potato to sleepy Joe? Lets see if the US has the balls to actually deliver to Ukraine.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2022, 08:25:44 PM

The largest Ukrainian diaspora is in Russia - Russia is targeting civilians and trying to kill all Ukrainians

Nice strawman but obviously the accusation is that Putin is choosing to bomb civilian targets, not that he is killing Ukrainians in e.g. Russia.

Despite Martial Law and checkpoints 100.000 Ukrainian refugees still somehow managed to flee to Russian side

The vast majority of those happened before the war from Donbas, i.e. region already controlled by Russia. Again, why would Putin kill civilians in territories he controls. Russian forces are accused of indiscriminate bombing, of which there is plenty of evidence, and they aren't really denying it (the excuse is "human shields").

~ tons of other BS that seems to be of roughly similar post-factual quality ~

So there are basically two lines of argument here: 1) what about others doing x, y, and z (not to be confused with Russian military vehicle markings), and 2) what about all the incorrect things said about this war.

You could start fixing it by getting your own facts right.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10157

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 08:35:27 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2022, 08:53:32 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by vapourminer (1), Hueristic (1), Paashaas (1)

..... only 1 sixth of our average lifespan.

That's always in the back of my mind.  If/when my feline friends go before me, I know I'll be shattered.

yeah

but then again im at the age i may outlive my feline friends and i have made plans for their care if/when we pass before they do. and at the point where getting a new kitten/pup would almost be a disservice to them really. figure will be adopting older pets from here on out.

There are frequently a whole hell of a lot of older pets in need of homes.. that is kind of a sad dynamic in the pet space. because so many people like the puppies and the kittens, but after one or two years they lose interest or at least the market seems to be for the young ones.  

You will be doing a great service to focus on adopting older pets because those are the ones that tend to be euthanized if a home cannot be found in a fairly prompt timeline.

I felt really bad a year ago because I was trying to give away my then two year old dog (looked very similar to the Dude's dog - except maybe a little lighter... so something in the 14kilo/30 lbs range).... and it was very stressful for me to go through such process, and I am not sure if the dog noticed it.. but there were some points in which I was exploring the possibility of having a kind of foster care (saying they only work with "no kill" shelters) as a kind of back up plan in the event that I could not find a home for the dog, yet even with that I kept thinking that I could not bear to leave my dog in such a impersonal shelter kind of a situation.. even though some of the foster persons that I screened seemed to be very caring people, but they could not really guarantee me that they would spend time with my dog or even assure that my dog would get adequate daily attention... some of them had something like 10 dogs under their care at any one time..

So largely I spent nearly two months advertising and cajoling various friends and relatives, and I had a few false starts, and so many people said that they just loved my dog.. but could not take her for x, y, z reason and I even discovered some of them around the same time taking in puppies.. so it seemed a bit hypocritical, and other kinds of contradictory behaviors...

I even had some people who had dogs that were way the fuck out of control, and my dog in comparison to their dogs was very obedient..

Yeah, my dog had a lot of energy, but if I yelled at her about not doing certain things or even instructed her to go do and to stay in another spot.. she was very obedient.. including that for two years, I had been walking her on about a daily basis, so even if we were in a unleashed situation, she would stop at the street and wait for me to tell her when she could cross the street and even if I kept walking, she would wait and wait and wait for the command that she could join me.  In so many ways, such an amazing dog, and so it was really causing me suffering to figure out placement for her.

So, even though I had several false starts - and I even rejected a few requests for people to take her because I was uncomfortable with the whole situation.. but then one day, I had one of my highschool friends message me about his friend who was looking for a dog that was already trained.. like mine, and so when I got in contact with with the husband and wife, and went to visit the location with just the wife there and the husband was on facetime because he was out of town on a trip, and I saw that they had a newborn (like maybe a month or two old) a toddler (like maybe a little less than 2 years old) and then some extended family members, and they kept saying that they did not want a puppy, but they want an already trained dog.  They had a house and a yard and even some extended family with farm areas (and animals)... so I though those were all great aspects.

One of the funny parts was that the while I was talking with the wife, her 2 year old kept pulling on my dogs hair and tail and just laughing and laughing.. You know the way kids get, and I was thinking that my dog is really friendly, but it might not be a great idea to keep pulling her hair and her tail.. and the mom just acted like it was not any kind of big deal... so it is funny that the dog would have to get used to some of those new family dynamics, and it was really easy for me to feel that I was leaving the dog in good hands, even though at the same time it was quite sad for me too... I mean two years of having a dog to yell at, and the dog was such a great pal to listen to much of what I said.. even though in the very beginning, the dog did not listen very well.. there is a kind of great feeling to have that kind of companionship.. and also the energy of the dog too.. when running around and going on walks and even if we went to some new situation that involved farm animals, or various kinds of streams of water, or lakes or even we had gone to the ocean too.. and sometimes the dog would act quite strange in the new situation, like being scared of the waves of the ocean.. or even not sure about how to deal with the creek of water.. and so through the interaction, there was learning involved regarding how to deal with those situations, and there was appreciation that the dog was learning how to deal with some of those new situations (but also she had her own character too).. .and also when we had been staying in places while traveling.. good to have a guard dog too, when in a new place she might take a few hours getting used to the place and to the sounds, so she even got used to notifying me if there were some strange sounds.. even though she did not bark very much.. but sometimes she would.. and that would cause me to be startled.. since she was not really a regular barker. ... so all good and fun.. all good and fun.. and sad too when the dog is no longer around.

I frequently wondered what it would be like if my dog had gotten run over by a car or something like that while she was under my care or while we were going on our walks..  When we were traveling, sometimes there would be some quite crazy drivers and weird streets, and usually she got used to it.. but sometimes I would wonder if I was allowing her too much freedom when I sometimes would walk in those situations without a leash.. until I realized that the whole situation was too congested and confusing and the dog deserved a leash..  

Would have been a crazy feeling for the dog to get injured in a severe way if we were walking like that and if I felt that I was responsible for it...  I recall going on walks sometimes, and some stray dogs would join us.. sometimes friendly and sometimes not so friendly.. .. and it was very uncomfortable to see the stray dogs.. because I would tell my dog to stop or to go when we arrived at the street crossings, but sometimes those stray dogs would not really seem to have very good discipline like my dog, and frequently I would worry that I may end up seeing the death of one of those stray dogs.. but luckily that did not happen during those couple of years that we were going on those walks.
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 08:41:40 PM

Gulp

“Very little of the nation of Ukraine is not covered by some sort of Russian surface-to-air missile capability, and they are also conducting offensive air strikes through missiles launched by aircraft as well as by mobile launchers,” the official said.
https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-putin-news-03-08-22/h_9559f8208e133433517f26f796214e37

What can possibly go wrong
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3424
Merit: 4344

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 08:44:34 PM

Netherlands raised a whopping €106+ million in humanitarian aid for the victims of war in Ukraine.

Generous gesture, isn't it?

Although, Giro555 Ukraine campaign is its third most successful fundraiser. Victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami recieved the most money €208 million, followed by the Haiti earthquake in 2010, €111 million.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12006

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 08:49:28 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1), d_eddie (1), AlcoHoDL (1)

Even McDonald’s will temporarily close all 850 restaurants in Russia.

Will be nice if closure is permanent. Russia will get healthier young generation.

Damn @becoin

For me you where among the top 5 most enjoyable reads for me when its was BTC-related

For sure I can say it isn't the case for world-politic related posts... though everyone can speak his thoughts of course...

But right or wrong on whatever points, shooting and killing and whatever is never the way to go imo.

I don't know the exact things playing or whatever, so I keep quiet, but when people have to run and get bombed, shot at, thats where I just think wtf and this cannot be encouraged in any way.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12006

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 08:51:00 PM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

Netherlands raised a whopping €106+ million in humanitarian aid for the victims of war in Ukraine.

Generous gesture, isn't it?

Did made a small effort as well.... un human if not send a few bucks to help....
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2022, 08:51:30 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Quite informational, thank you. Do you know if there is there a possibility of getting a citizenship long term?

Sorry, I don't know about citizenship off the top of my head.

I'd say if the goal is to get out, they should get out now and worry about citizenship later once the dust settles. I can imagine that it may get more difficult and more expensive to leave if the collapse of the ruble continues and the economy is cratering. There are already limits on currency exchange, how much you can take across the border, etc. No restrictions on foreign passports yet AFAIK.
PrivacyG

Activity: 770
Merit: 1724

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 09:01:18 PM
Merited by vapourminer (2), JayJuanGee (2)

Why would we need to flesh that out here?  It seems very unimportant in terms of deciding which shitcoin is less shitty.. and take that irrelevant talk somewhere else because any kind of discussion and attention to various shitcoins just ends up in a devolving increased discussion of irrelevant and distracting bullshit  - and ain't nobody got time for that.
May have sounded like I was initiating a Shitcoin comparison, but that was not the point I attempted to make.  I often have a stupid tendency to unconsciously deviate from subjects, and hopefully this is not a symptom of mental issues.

I will take the terms I mentioned in my last post and remove "Shitcoin" and "Altcoin" from the list.  We are left with Ponzi, Decentralized, Anonymity, CBDCs.  All of these are words that have been used before to deceive investors interested in Bitcoin.  Some are using them outside of their definition specifically to create multiple definitions of a term.  Mainstream media with anti Bitcoin agendas do exactly this.  Bitcoin been called a Ponzi scheme and an Anonymous currency before.  CBDC's have been talked about as if they are the next big thing after Bitcoin.

Throughout my experience here, I noticed a specific lack of education regarding all of these terms I have mentioned above.  This, I believe, affects Bitcoin more than anything else.  For a privacy advocate, being falsely told Bitcoin is anonymous may lead to grave consequences of their actions.  For someone who thinks they are late, they will leave Bitcoin to the side and watch its price runs while waiting for 'the next big thing'.  Sure, this can be solved by individual research.  But we both know most people take everything for granted.  It was previously thought boomers were the ones to believe everything on the Internet is true.  I unfortunately think it is not just boomers but the majority of everyone using the Internet now.

In consequence, what I am trying to point out is that this is an issue affecting Bitcoin directly.  Everyone knows what Fiat is, why banknotes can not be counterfeited, why banks are not anonymous.  I am looking forward to the moment the majority will call Bitcoin the way it is and understand why it makes no sense for a public ledger to be called Anonymous, for CBDC's which have nothing to do with Cryptocurrencies to be called a Cryptocurrency and so on and so forth.  Fortunately, lately I have been noticing a change.  Bitcoin is named so much less often Anonymous, which is good.

But forgive and correct me if I am wrong, I think for this education to happen we need to extend this kind of education outside this giant bubble of Bitcoin?  Bitcoin is massive, but it seems to me that the influence coming from every hype trend seemingly happening outside of it is so much bigger than Bitcoin's is.  This can be further used to build Bitcoin's image in a better way.  Just imagine the term Decentralized was actually used properly.  Bitcoin would be known as one of the VERY FEW Cryptocurrencies that are known to be Decentralized.

Humans are seeking trends.  Let's make proper Bitcoin education a trend.  Let's make Decentralized trendy.  True decentralization I mean.  This is what I am on about.

Now I can only hope I have not deviated from the subject again.  And if I did, I shall remain silent here for a while.  So either way, I may thank you, JayJuanGee for the discussion I surely enjoyed having with you.

-
Regards,
PrivacyG
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 09:01:24 PM

Despite Martial Law and checkpoints 100.000 Ukrainian refugees still somehow managed to flee to Russian side

The vast majority of those happened before the war from Donbas, i.e. region already controlled by Russia. Again, why would Putin kill civilians in territories he controls. Russian forces are accused of indiscriminate bombing, of which there is plenty of evidence, and they aren't really denying it (the excuse is "human shields").

Why do you hold people in this thread for imbeciles, you deceive, manipulate, and now straight out lie? Is it because 100.000 Ukrainians illegally fleeing to Russia since February 24th during a Martial Law undercuts your whole narrative that evil Putin indiscriminately killing Ukrainians? And justifies keeping 200.000 civilian without food water and power from evacuating a besieged city? I was expecting more out of you. I hold this place to higher regard, back up your claims or GTFO, this is not the place for hive minds go to social network with your trolling.

Refugees fleeing Ukraine (since 24 February 2022)
Russian Federation       8 Mar 2022    99,300
https://data2.unhcr.org/en/situations/ukraine/location?secret=unhcrrestricted

"The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is needed to produce it."
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 09:01:26 PM

Explanation
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 09:10:16 PM

Senators look to lock down Russia's gold reserves

A bipartisan group of senators is introducing a bill to prevent Russia from liquidating gold to withstand biting sanctions.

Why it matters: The sanctions against Russia have frozen the country's foreign exchange assets, but its stockpile of gold could be a lifeline. A measure to close the loophole is yet another indication Congress is looking to get ahead of the Biden administration on punitive measures against Russia.

Is this really necessary?

Who will buy "physical" gold from Russia? Who would trust them with the delivery?
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 09:12:07 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (3)

After a massive surgery last year…. 8 March 2022 will remembered when losing my best friend.

RIP DudyDoggy.
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2022, 09:14:27 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (3)

After a massive surgery last year…. 8 March 2022 will remembered when losing my best friend.

Condolences, man. That must be a huge loss.  Angry
serveria.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2022, 09:18:35 PM

I was expecting more out of you.

Dammit, latest events and statements make me think there's very little reason in the modern world. Like this one for example:

In Brussels, Frans Timmermans, the European commission first vice-president, has said that Europeans can help in the fight against Vladimir Putin by turning down the heating in their homes.

Is he retarded or what? Let them freeze to death and blame it on Putin afterwards?  Huh
BlackHatCoiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 7292

Farewell, Leo

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 09:21:52 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (3), JayJuanGee (1)

[...]
That's one of the worst feelings. Take heart!

[...]
Lots of altcoin "advocates" haven't understood that Bitcoin is such another thing; it's like a black-hole phenomenon where you're sooner or later gonna get sucked by one way or another. That's how I view it.

It's not ideal in terms of privacy, even though it could be. It was created to seek decentralization and that's where it distinguishes. Perhaps the former's improvement might sacrifice the latter. Scarcity is another thing of the game, but not the main part. The greatest significance is when you combine this kind of uniqueness with this level of decentralization.

Just imagine the term Decentralized was actually used properly.
Could you describe how you would want it to be used?
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2022, 09:22:24 PM

Does anyone have experience with smuggling ppl out of Russia during wartime? I have a friend and an uncle (and his family) who are Russian, living in Russia now.
They want to gtfo asap and don't know of any possibilities. Because the world is unfairly against all Russians, I doubt they will get refugee status and they might get arrested if found trying to cross the border.

Get passports and fly to Armenia or some other country that doesn't require visas. Some allow staying up to 6-12 months, some (Georgia IIRC) will reset the counter if you leave just for a day, so basically indefinitely.

Georgia might be less than enthusiastic about Russian "refugees". They have been fearing Russia since 2008, and recent developments haven't improved things a bit.
serveria.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2022, 09:33:18 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

We are unlucky to witness the dawn of democracy and privacy fading away right before our eyes. Blocking the Russian state media outlets is lesser harm (perhaps?) but I hear people reporting some news websites blocking comments (from everyone) and visitors (from Russia specifically). Many news agencies are just re-posting Ukrainian propaganda fake news without even fact-checking them first. Don't get me wrong, I don't support war or Putin, I condemn any action leading to loss of precious life (especially civilians, especially children). But if they're trying to make me believe Russian casualties are increasing by 1k daily every single day and not publishing Ukrainian casualties at all... well DYOR... I was following the previous conflict back in 2014 rather closely and came to a conclusion 70-80% of all news are fake. Both sides actually.

All of a sudden, we found ourselves right in the middle of the cold war (cold for now).  Angry
Pages: « 1 ... 30224 30225 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 30239 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 30250 30251 30252 30253 30254 30255 30256 30257 30258 30259 30260 30261 30262 30263 30264 30265 30266 30267 30268 30269 30270 30271 30272 30273 [30274] 30275 30276 30277 30278 30279 30280 30281 30282 30283 30284 30285 30286 30287 30288 30289 30290 30291 30292 30293 30294 30295 30296 30297 30298 30299 30300 30301 30302 30303 30304 30305 30306 30307 30308 30309 30310 30311 30312 30313 30314 30315 30316 30317 30318 30319 30320 30321 30322 30323 30324 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: