May 05, 2024, 03:31:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30816 30817 30818 30819 30820 30821 30822 30823 30824 30825 30826 30827 30828 30829 30830 30831 30832 30833 30834 30835 30836 30837 30838 30839 30840 30841 30842 30843 30844 30845 30846 30847 30848 30849 30850 30851 30852 30853 30854 30855 30856 30857 30858 30859 30860 30861 30862 30863 30864 30865 [30866] 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 30875 30876 30877 30878 30879 30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885 30886 30887 30888 30889 30890 30891 30892 30893 30894 30895 30896 30897 30898 30899 30900 30901 30902 30903 30904 30905 30906 30907 30908 30909 30910 30911 30912 30913 30914 30915 30916 ... 33324 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372413 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 08:14:50 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (1)

OT...relevant mostly for those from 51 yo and older.

https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2022/06/22/bjsports-2021-105360

interesting study and a simple test.
basically, if an individual aged 51 and older can stand more than 10s on one leg, the probability of that person dying within 10 years is 5%, but if he/she can't, then the probability rises to about 30% (highly statistically significant, apparently).

easy enough to check

not sure what would happen if upon a bad test someone would start exercising and/or lose weight, etc.
basically, it is not clear if it is a fixable situation or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 08:22:52 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2022, 08:58:49 PM by empowering

[...]   You do not really wish her well, do you?  You don't wish that she is actually able to defend herself in a public trial, right?

Perhaps there might be concerns about what might come out if an actual public trial were to take place?

You believe that I am pessimistic.  Well, I am a permabear on human nature.  When mobs with pitchforks are howling for blood, AI-tier objective discussion can have only two results:  (a) Evoking insults hurled in your general direction, (b) possibly later being accused of secretly supporting an Epstein/Maxwell type of operation.  I recall some cases in the 1980s where, unlike here, the charges were facially absurd—later disproved; but for years, no one dared to question them, because questioning meant that you must be guilty of the same alleged crimes, or somehow sympathetic to that.  I get that here, in this case, you probably have other concerns in addition to a fair trial for the accused—for instance, perhaps wondering who will get away with it, and what interesting facts will be permanently secret, if she dies without a public trial?  Having been accused of crimes, of course, she is entitled to a fair trial.

Humans are a strong SELL.

[...insults hurled in Jay’s general direction...]

ps , what I wish is that they put a rabid starving ferret up her cunt.... hope that is clear enough , just to avoid confusion.

Observing a red candlestick in the quality of rational discourse.

Yeah JJG / Death wish, we all fell out of a tree yesterday mate.  (observation)

Get fucked. (instruction)

Yeah, Maxwell and Epstein just got a bad wrap, and yeah, I just want to defend their clients.. yeah yeah, totally yeah.... that is what it is all about.  (sarcasm)

pfffffffffffffft.

This story starts with Robert Maxwell and who he worked for and what his whole operation was about.  If you want to talk about getting to the root of things. Jeffery, took the helm, after Robert Maxwell was removed from the picture.  (facts)

This is not some cute little story, for your faux high IQ troll concern gibberish. (message)

These people are fucking human scum....  (facts)

Just don't. (instruction)

Damn right rational discourse is taking a red candle, du fuq you think this is a joke? (rhetorical)

You really are clueless. (observation, driven by your lack of awareness)

ps, and this , unfortunately goes beyond the human trafficking and all that went with it..... that is the tip of the iceberg.... a symptom if you like, of the true disease.   (info)
death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 08:43:12 PM

ps , what I wish is that they put a rabid starving ferret up her cunt.... hope that is clear enough , just to avoid confusion.

[...insults and strawmen...]

Observing a wall of insults and strawmen.

Nowhere did I say that “Maxwell and Epstein just got a bad wrap [sic]”, or anything even close to it.  I didn’t see Jay say such a thing, either.

For my part, I am not even interested in discussing this case here.  I was merely observing that Jay was setting himself up for trouble by opining that the accused should be able to present her defense at trial.  I expected for him to be insulted, strawmanned, and painted as somehow defending Epstein and Maxwell, or of being unacceptably sympathetic to them.  Whoops.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 08:48:04 PM

[...insults and strawmen...]

Observing a wall of insults and strawmen.

Nowhere did I say that “Maxwell and Epstein just got a bad wrap [sic]”, or anything even close to it.  I didn’t see Jay say such a thing, either.

For my part, I am not even interested in discussing this case here.  I was merely observing that Jay was setting himself up for trouble by opining that the accused should be able to present her defense at trial.  I expected for him to be insulted, strawmanned, and painted as somehow defending Epstein and Maxwell, or of being unacceptably sympathetic to them.  Whoops.

piss off freak
death_wish

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 09:03:07 PM

Roll Eyes
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 09:04:59 PM

Explanation
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 09:11:38 PM

Cool

I STAND BY IT.
death_wish

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 09:13:01 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

A hype project that has helped nobody and makes no sense.

Have you ever lived in a situation where downloading the entire Bitcoin blockchain from the Internet, and keeping up with blocks, would be cost-prohibitive in terms of bandwidth? It is not a rare situation.  Not a corner case.  I think that the worldwide majority of people are probably in that situation.

Satellite TV dishes are ubiquitous.  Surprising and disturbing, but true.  They can be repurposed for this, with a few parts that fit into a poverty-level budget.  Now, at least, you can have the BYOB security of consensus-validating the blockchain yourself.  To make transactions, use your mobile data connection that has kbps speed, and costs money you can’t afford billed by the kilobyte.  Although it is not ideal from a decentralization viewpoint, it gets your foot in the door.

Still makes no sense?

Blockstream’s advertised primary use case for Satellite makes excellent sense.

raises hand.

my internet sucks majorly bad and it would take months, many months, to dl from genesis. my inet is so bad and the full blockchain stored locally so important i have it backed up so many ways (raidz2, raid5, portables drives, internal drives i rotate etc, all stored in many places) it borders on ridiculous.

help me obi won musk, starlink is my only hope.

By the time we go from “Bitcoin is for everyone”, to “Bitcoin is for well-off people in rich countries”, to “Bitcoin is only for people with high-quality urban/suburban Internet access”, there is not much “everyone” left.

Blockstream Satellite helps to grow BTC’s long-term fundamental value.

When weak CPU/RAM and worse, low IOPs are the bottleneck, it is also important to back up chainstate.  And avoid doing anything that causes reindex or re-scan.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 09:14:50 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2022, 09:40:55 PM by Torque
Merited by Biodom (1)

All the weak hands that sold in the $20-25k range and are now sitting on the sidelines expecting more DOWNity, are gonna be really pissed when the price jumps quickly back up to the low $30ks and never comes back down again.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7850

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2022, 09:23:29 PM

OT

Start the clock. "GM didn't kill herself" in 3...2...1...

Jizzmotorway 2 da Max, well.

.... I wish her....well.

lols

ps, did you know this bitch be not just a pilot, but also a submarine captain ? (I am assuming also a yacht master too)

(obvs Lil St James had a submarine port..... and so did another nearby island..... whaddya think that was all about anon ?)

pps, Jeffery just took over operations from (Jizzmotorways daddy in their honeypot operation) Robert, courtesy of "our friends" at ...(cannot be spoken)

Cannot make this shit up really ...Reality is indeed waaaaaaay beyond fiction, and often.

I have no problem with what you are saying.. or that you have an opinion that accused people are not very good people based on what you believe to be the facts (but convicted and executed?) prior to a trial.. and so in that regard it seems a wee bit different to be presenting damning information about all dee bad things that peeps did on the interwebs versus allowing a public trial..   You do not really wish her well, do you?  You don't wish that she is actually able to defend herself in a public trial, right?

Perhaps there might be concerns about what might come out if an actual public trial were to take place?

Siggghhh..

I spun the wheel, and decided to unignore and read your post.

Was it worth it?

What are you even saying ? (do not answer I will not read)

....but this has to be one of the saddest, lamest, most pointless, word salad posts you have ever made... I mean, I read it, and re read it (seeing as tf it was succinct for a change, but , still word salad nonsense)  and , I have no idea what you are even trying to say?  errrr, innocent until proven guilty ? is that it? loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool yeah, no shit.  

Do you actually think Ghislane Maxwell is "innocent" lmao? good one.

Seems a weird , weird, weird , assertion for you to make here, just odd, out of place, non sensical, did I mention weird? lmao, I mean wut is your post even about, what is the purpose of it? to defend Maxwell? looooooooooooooooool. because I think she is "not a good person"  (wow talk about master of understatement there JJG, she did not just knowingly park in a disabled bay mate.... its a tad more serious than that)  

Errrrr,  I could give a fuck if she "defends herself" in public or not, lmao, this is an open and shut case... I would be more interested in the whole story coming out... all the way back to her fathers operations and who he worked for.

"Perhaps there might be concerns about what might come out if an actual public trial were to take place?"

errrrrrrrrrr ,wtf you on about ? you think I work for the clintons of something ? LMAO ?  

I could not give a fuck if she stands trial, & blabs it all, or is flayed and hung in a cell alone....

Da fuq are you on about ? Do not even bother replying, I am not spinning the JJG roulette wheel for at least another few weeks.

Ya weirdo.

pps, It was public knowledge , available to all, what was happening at Little St James since the late 90's. I saw it personally in data dumps, available to all,  reporting on the whole issue. No shit. Actually, strangely enough, even though Epstain officially took over the island in the late 90s, he was already using the island previously to that, by some years....and it was known. The media knew, the intel agencies knew, the internet knew..... the world knew, it was not a secret in anyway. Nor , at the end, was what Robert Maxwell was up to.... the information is there if you care enough to know.

The true is here in the USA she is 100% innocent until proven guilty. So he is correct and you simply are ignoring the law of the land.

Personally I would like to see and hear the trial as I want to see if other weasels are going down due to this trial.

And yeah she is certainly 'guilty' other than by defined by USA law.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 09:27:34 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2022, 10:43:33 PM by JayJuanGee

[edited out]

Siggghhh..

Was it worth it?

....but this has to be one of the saddest, lamest, most pointless, word salad posts you have ever made... I mean, I read it, and re read it (seeing as tf it was succinct for a change, but , still word salad nonsense)  and , I have no idea what you are even trying to say?  errrr, innocent until proven guilty ? is that it? loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool yeah, no shit.  

Do you actually think Ghislane Maxwell is "innocent" lmao? good one. Seems a weird , weird, weird , assertion for you to make here, just odd, out of place, non sensical, did I mention weird? lmao, I mean wut is your post even about, what is the purpose of it? to defend Maxwell? looooooooooooooooool. because I think she is "not a good person"  (wow talk about master of understatement there JJG, she did not just knowingly park in a disabled bay mate.... its a tad more serious than that)  

Errrrr,  I could give a fuck if she "defends herself" in public or not, lmao, this is an open and shut case... I would be more interested in the whole story coming out... all the way back to her fathers operations and who he worked for.

"Perhaps there might be concerns about what might come out if an actual public trial were to take place?"

errrrrrrrrrr ,wtf you on about ? you think I work for the clintons of something ? LMAO ?  

I could not give a fuck if she stands trial, & blabs it all, or is flayed and hung in a cell alone....

Da fuq are you on about ? Do not even bother replying, I am not spinning the JJG roulette wheel for at least another few weeks.

Ya weirdo.

pps, It was public knowledge , available to all, what was happening at Little St James since the late 90's. I saw it personally in data dumps, available to all,  reporting on the whole issue. No shit. Actually, strangely enough, even though Epstain officially took over the island in the late 90s, he was already using the island previously to that, by some years....and it was known. The media knew, the intel agencies knew, the internet knew..... the world knew, it was not a secret in anyway. Nor , at the end, was what Robert Maxwell was up to.... the information is there if you care enough to know.

Ok.  That all makes sense.  

I see that you don't have very strong feelings around such topic either way.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 09:31:59 PM

OT

Start the clock. "GM didn't kill herself" in 3...2...1...

Jizzmotorway 2 da Max, well.

.... I wish her....well.

lols

ps, did you know this bitch be not just a pilot, but also a submarine captain ? (I am assuming also a yacht master too)

(obvs Lil St James had a submarine port..... and so did another nearby island..... whaddya think that was all about anon ?)

pps, Jeffery just took over operations from (Jizzmotorways daddy in their honeypot operation) Robert, courtesy of "our friends" at ...(cannot be spoken)

Cannot make this shit up really ...Reality is indeed waaaaaaay beyond fiction, and often.

I have no problem with what you are saying.. or that you have an opinion that accused people are not very good people based on what you believe to be the facts (but convicted and executed?) prior to a trial.. and so in that regard it seems a wee bit different to be presenting damning information about all dee bad things that peeps did on the interwebs versus allowing a public trial..   You do not really wish her well, do you?  You don't wish that she is actually able to defend herself in a public trial, right?

Siggghhh..

Was it worth it?

Do you actually think Ghislane Maxwell is "innocent" lmao? good one.

Seems a weird , weird, weird , assertion for you to make here, just odd, out of place, non sensical, did I mention weird? lmao, I mean wut is your post even about, what is the purpose of it? to defend Maxwell? looooooooooooooooool. because I think she is "not a good person"  (wow talk about master of understatement there JJG, she did not just knowingly park in a disabled bay mate.... its a tad more serious than that)  

Ya weirdo.

pps, It was public knowledge , available to all, what was happening at Little St James since the late 90's. I saw it personally in data dumps, available to all,  reporting on the whole issue. No shit. Actually, strangely enough, even though Epstain officially took over the island in the late 90s, he was already using the island previously to that, by some years....and it was known. The media knew, the intel agencies knew, the internet knew..... the world knew, it was not a secret in anyway. Nor , at the end, was what Robert Maxwell was up to.... the information is there if you care enough to know.

The true is here in the USA she is 100% innocent until proven guilty. So he is correct and you simply are ignoring the law of the land.

Personally I would like to see and hear the trial as I want to see if other weasels are going down due to this trial.

...agreed, and, if you read, I am not actually doubting her right to be assumed innocent until proven guilty... however, in this case, it is beyond doubt, I am doubting the fact of her innocence....and I would LOVE to see her stand trial, and blab it all, the whole shebang, the clients and rubes they ensnared in their honeypots, the blackmail (going back to her father, and his media outlets) , and, most importantly, their enablers, cohorts, and masters. I hope that is clear, that is what I would most like to see. The light  imo, needs to be shone on that entire situation. It would be messy.... but cleansing. Sunlight, best disinfectant and all that. Out of the darkness comes the light.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 09:32:50 PM
Merited by empowering (2), Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 09:33:53 PM
Merited by empowering (2)

...agreed, and, if you read, I am not actually doubting her right to be assumed innocent until proven guilty... however, in this case, it is beyond doubt, I am doubting the fact of her innocence....and I would LOVE to see her stand trial, and blab it all, the whole shebang, the clients and rubes they ensnared in their honeypots, the blackmail (going back to her father, and his media outlets) , and, most importantly, their enablers, cohorts, and masters. I hope that is clear, that is what I would most like to see. The light  imo, needs to be shone on that entire situation. It would be messy.... but cleansing. Sunlight, best disinfectant and all that. Out of the darkness comes the light.

Ummm... philipma? Empowering? You can't watch the trial because she was already tried and found guilty.

Maxwell faces up to 65 years in prison for the five charges she was convicted of. She was found guilty of sex trafficking, the most serious charge she faced with a maximum prison term of 40 years.

She now simply awaits sentencing.

death_wish

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 09:39:26 PM

I am just a bit alarmed at the proposition that “they” should be empowered to dispose of undesirable persons, by inserting diseased and hungry carnivorous animals into their most sensitive bodily orifices.

Nothing could ever go wrong.

It is not as if “they” are the same “they” commonly influenced by people like Epstein and Maxwell, who are assuredly not unique.

It is not as if “they” ever find me undesirable and inconvenient.  Or you.  Or y’all.

It is justice.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 09:40:41 PM

raises hand.

my internet sucks majorly bad and it would take months, many months, to dl from genesis. my inet is so bad and the full blockchain stored locally so important i have it backed up so many ways (raidz2, raid5, portables drives, internal drives i rotate etc, all stored in many places) it borders on ridiculous.

is starlink the only "space" internet? I thought that blockstream did something for bitcoiners.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 09:43:19 PM

Have you ever lived in a situation where downloading the entire Bitcoin blockchain from the Internet, and keeping up with blocks, would be cost-prohibitive in terms of bandwidth?  It is not a rare situation.  Not a corner case.  I think that the worldwide majority of people are probably in that situation.

Satellite TV dishes are ubiquitous.  Surprising and disturbing, but true.  They can be repurposed for this, with a few parts that fit into a poverty-level budget.  Now, at least, you can have the BYOB security of consensus-validating the blockchain yourself.  To make transactions, use your mobile data connection that has kbps speed, and costs money you can’t afford billed by the kilobyte.  Although it is not ideal from a decentralization viewpoint, it gets your foot in the door.

Still makes no sense?

You would still have to download the entire blockchain if you wanted it as the transmission is only for new blocks. It is broadcast only so if you have a block with corrupted data, there is no way to request a re-transmission so you need an alternative method to obtain them anyway. Their transmission footprint means that most of the world has no access to it anyway. Much of the third world has better wireless connectivity than the first because they didn't start out with POTS and have been rolling out state-of-the art stuff from the go and they can use cheap off-the-shelf equipment and not have to install expensive satellite equipment.

Yes, it makes no sense. As evidenced by the fact nobody is using it. There is no market for it because it's poorly conceived.

Let's not forget than nobody is supposed to be transacting on the Blockchain anyway because there is not enough space for their transactions and they're supposed to be using convoluted second-layer protocols.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 09:44:12 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2022, 10:00:11 PM by empowering

Ummm... philipma? empowering? You can't watch the trial because she was already tried and found guilty.

Maxwell faces up to 65 years in prison for the five charges she was convicted of. She was found guilty of sex trafficking, the most serious charge she faced with a maximum prison term of 40 years.

She now simply awaits sentencing.

....appeals will no doubt be made, it might be at this stage, that certain...... issues, may be raised by defence, which, then may lead to something (probably not, but maybe) if so, then, there could be "national security" issues, which put some sort of spanner in the works.

But perhaps it does not go that far.

Maybe she does not make it to the next stage. Maybe she does.

But she is, as far as certain actors are concerned, a loose tie.

Make no mistake that, all most of those that , would stand to lose, from Maxwells disclosures, have made it perfectly clear to her, that, if she does not play ball, everyone she has even remotely cared about will be liquidised.  

This is not a game.

empowering
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 09:46:22 PM

I am just a bit alarmed at the proposition that “they” should be empowered to dispose of undesirable persons, by inserting diseased and hungry carnivorous animals into their most sensitive bodily orifices.

Nothing could ever go wrong.

It is not as if “they” are the same “they” commonly influenced by people like Epstein and Maxwell, who are assuredly not unique.

It is not as if “they” ever find me undesirable and inconvenient.  Or you.  Or y’all.

It is justice.

diddums
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
June 26, 2022, 09:56:19 PM

raises hand.

As implemented, it wouldn't help you. Sorry. Could throw a microSD in the post, maybe.
Pages: « 1 ... 30816 30817 30818 30819 30820 30821 30822 30823 30824 30825 30826 30827 30828 30829 30830 30831 30832 30833 30834 30835 30836 30837 30838 30839 30840 30841 30842 30843 30844 30845 30846 30847 30848 30849 30850 30851 30852 30853 30854 30855 30856 30857 30858 30859 30860 30861 30862 30863 30864 30865 [30866] 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 30875 30876 30877 30878 30879 30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885 30886 30887 30888 30889 30890 30891 30892 30893 30894 30895 30896 30897 30898 30899 30900 30901 30902 30903 30904 30905 30906 30907 30908 30909 30910 30911 30912 30913 30914 30915 30916 ... 33324 »
  Print  

Jump to: