Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:33:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908381 times)
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:29:15 PM

I made a crude back-of-the envelope calculation back last year suggesting that if Gox is actually under water, it's only a few million total (when their orderbook is tens of millions). So, the people shouting "GOX IS INSOLVENT", please back your claim up with some kind of evidence or reasoning.

About the recent BTC withdrawal issue, evidence would be easy to gather from the blockchain. If you're suggesting someone scammed huge amounts of BTC out of Gox.

Am suggesting you tell us who is selling at MT. Gox...thats real selling of not so real Goxcoins!

So there it is the proof of their bankruptcy not able to be explained or hoped away !

Who can and would do so...?   right!  Who can´t sell at bitstamp ?  right!

Why he would do so...?  right !  Who pays the bill...?    right again?  here we go !

Just W T F are you talking about man?

I really don't see why these people who know everything, including the future, are into forum guessing games instead of e.g. going to a BTC betting page and doing all kinds of gambling.

I've seen "mtgoxisdead" people in 2012 and 2013 as well. The site was always, ALWAYS back up after every hack, ddos, market plunge, technical difficulty, and the smartie guys who predicted coin-armageddon shut up and disappeared, or just acted like they haven't been spreading fud for the last x months.

Right now, you DON'T KNOW JACK about how it's gonna end. You or me or anyone else on these boards has insufficient info to predict anything. Some of us realise this and doesn't get into wild guessing.

Some people act like they know what's going to happen, and they look like fools.

n the end, the real fools will be who actually lost money due to not thinking clearly because of the HOPE.
I

(of course, above does not stand for ppl who are actually suffering because of the wire transfer/USD issues. But there are LOTS of people who don't care about USD/IWT at all).

You haven´t answered one of my questions cause that would make yourself seeing yourself as a fool to have

believed in fairy - tales ( that makes you angry, citing unrelented conditions of the past, because nobody likes to

see himself as a sucker.) Hopefully you just try it out without needing to tell me --- just for yourself......

Who is selling those BTC at GOX  at these prices and why ?

You can´t speculate yourself around this fact.......every entity in the world goes bankrupt when selling any

commodity for 30 % of its value ( even the soviet .union ).

Only two real world scenarios can explain this fact :

You close shop and sell out your stock cause you are bankrupt (why not at stamp then?) or you sell stock you

haven´t payed for and as such not really belongs to you......

If you have other Fata - Morganas in mind please prove me wrong.....I can stand the shame and am not going to

disappear without confessing that I am the biggest scumbag,  loser, idiot , mistrusting- sucker of bitcoinworld for all

times !

Cheers

Zyk
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCalexxx2.0

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:30:52 PM

people that buy and sell coins consider gox.coin about 60 % less valuable than other coins. That’s a measured perception of risk !

sensibility over greed.

WOOOOORD!
hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:37:57 PM

See the positive aspect. It will now become openly known whether Mt. Gox is honest.

If they are fair and solvent, they will switch on bitcoin withdrawals soon.

If they are insolvent or trying to play the market, for example by trading on their own account through middlemen, they will enact various tactics to limit and delay bitcoin withdrawals to manipulate their bitcoin price or to stay afloat for another while.

Can anybody imagine any other reason to block or hinder bitcoin withdrawals, once the technical (transaction malleability) problem is solved?
BTCalexxx2.0

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:46:31 PM

Can anybody imagine any other reason to block or hinder bitcoin withdrawals, once the technical (transaction malleability) problem is solved?

To prevent a coinrun >>> Delaying the inevitable death of Mt.Gox in the aftermath. Protecting the market as a whole from being flooded with cheap Gox coins.
whave

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:47:14 PM

I made a crude back-of-the envelope calculation back last year suggesting that if Gox is actually under water, it's only a few million total (when their orderbook is tens of millions). So, the people shouting "GOX IS INSOLVENT", please back your claim up with some kind of evidence or reasoning.

About the recent BTC withdrawal issue, evidence would be easy to gather from the blockchain. If you're suggesting someone scammed huge amounts of BTC out of Gox.

Am suggesting you tell us who is selling at MT. Gox...thats real selling of not so real Goxcoins!

So there it is the proof of their bankruptcy not able to be explained or hoped away !

Who can and would do so...?   right!  Who can´t sell at bitstamp ?  right!

Why he would do so...?  right !  Who pays the bill...?    right again?  here we go !

Just W T F are you talking about man?

I really don't see why these people who know everything, including the future, are into forum guessing games instead of e.g. going to a BTC betting page and doing all kinds of gambling.

I've seen "mtgoxisdead" people in 2012 and 2013 as well. The site was always, ALWAYS back up after every hack, ddos, market plunge, technical difficulty, and the smartie guys who predicted coin-armageddon shut up and disappeared, or just acted like they haven't been spreading fud for the last x months.

Right now, you DON'T KNOW JACK about how it's gonna end. You or me or anyone else on these boards has insufficient info to predict anything. Some of us realise this and doesn't get into wild guessing.

Some people act like they know what's going to happen, and they look like fools.

n the end, the real fools will be who actually lost money due to not thinking clearly because of the HOPE.
I

(of course, above does not stand for ppl who are actually suffering because of the wire transfer/USD issues. But there are LOTS of people who don't care about USD/IWT at all).

You haven´t answered one of my questions cause that would make yourself seeing yourself as a fool to have

believed in fairy - tales ( that makes you angry, citing unrelented conditions of the past, because nobody likes to

see himself as a sucker.) Hopefully you just try it out without needing to tell me --- just for yourself......

Who is selling those BTC at GOX  at these prices and why ?

You can´t speculate yourself around this fact.......every entity in the world goes bankrupt when selling any

commodity for 30 % of its value ( even the soviet .union ).

Only two real world scenarios can explain this fact :

You close shop and sell out your stock cause you are bankrupt (why not at stamp then?) or you sell stock you

haven´t payed for and as such not really belongs to you......

If you have other Fata - Morganas in mind please prove me wrong.....I can stand the shame and am not going to

disappear without confessing that I am the biggest scumbag,  loser, idiot , mistrusting- sucker of bitcoinworld for all

times !

Cheers

Zyk

I did not even understand your incomprehensive blob of "questions".
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:51:59 PM

people that buy and sell coins consider gox.coin about 60 % less valuable than other coins. That’s a measured perception of risk !

sensibility over greed.

WOOOOORD!

"the quality of being able to appreciate and respond to complex emotional or aesthetic influences; sensitivity."

or.. using one's sense to overcome emotion (emotion being greed)

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
whave

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:52:51 PM

What I'm thinking is that the current situation is very good for those who have USD stuck at Gox, since they can buy the cheap GoxBTC and withdraw the BTC once Gox opens the withdrawals. Done the right way (selling other BTC from stash somewhere else and withdrawing the USD) this could make a handsome profit.

THIS.

Does it have any risks? OF COURSE, everything does! The naysayers might be right; mtgox might be going down. I don't think so, but I don't know any more than they do.

Or value could collapse by the time they finally enable transactions.

Risks.

Or we might just double our invested moniez if we succeed in selling GoxBTC on bitstamp etc.

We will see. No place for guessing, silent speculation is the best.

either way, I don't trust gox and wouldn't want to take the risk, even if I was 99.99999999% sure that any btc I bought at a low price would be released, i still don't like them. sensibility over greed.

I don't trust gox either but the opportunity to make some cash is still there. I have seen no un-biased opinion, I have seen no evidence that they are stealing, I have seen no evidence that they don't have the funds. All I see is mass panic.

You can call this greed, I call this taking on the risk. You can't double your money with 0% risk.

Obviously, if in the end, I get robbed, I will think myself as greedy. If I double my moniez, I will think myself as smart. Either way, I'M THE ONE WHO IS TAKING THE RISK and I'm completely aware of the possible consequences; I won't blame an exchange for my foolishness as most people here do (especially those fools who are saying their livelihood depends on that BTC. THEY ARE DOING IT WRONG THEN). I know exactly how much can I lose/earn.

Don't call yourself sensible if you're saying you should let your money go just because "you don't like them". Decisions based on emotions are the worst.

This is like the complete opposite of sensible: "even if I was 99.99999999% sure that any btc I bought at a low price would be released, i still don't like them. sensibility over greed."
Betek

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:59:09 PM

current price: 291$  Grin
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:00:04 PM

What I'm thinking is that the current situation is very good for those who have USD stuck at Gox, since they can buy the cheap GoxBTC and withdraw the BTC once Gox opens the withdrawals. Done the right way (selling other BTC from stash somewhere else and withdrawing the USD) this could make a handsome profit.

THIS.

Does it have any risks? OF COURSE, everything does! The naysayers might be right; mtgox might be going down. I don't think so, but I don't know any more than they do.

Or value could collapse by the time they finally enable transactions.

Risks.

Or we might just double our invested moniez if we succeed in selling GoxBTC on bitstamp etc.

We will see. No place for guessing, silent speculation is the best.

either way, I don't trust gox and wouldn't want to take the risk, even if I was 99.99999999% sure that any btc I bought at a low price would be released, i still don't like them. sensibility over greed.

Don't call yourself sensible if you're saying you should let your money go just because "you don't like them". Decisions based on emotions are the worst.

greed is an emotion. please buy a dictionary. I didn't say I was sensible, I said that I was applying sensibility.
now go away and play with the white lines on the highway.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
viajero

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:00:54 PM

does anybody know, if the internal withdraws are limited the same way, as external? or can you transfere bigger chunks, than 100 per transaktion or at least more than 100/day?
trab

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:14:33 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 01:26:46 PM by trab

They changed my 7 jan SEPA withdraw status to pending , i see this as a sign like: let us clean the house before opening the btc gates, and whoever ask for fiat should now deposit new fresh money if wants to buy our cheap btc !

My SEPA withdrawals from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th still have status "Confirmed". I had no withdrawals in the 20 days before that.
I think you're making up some positive story to get people to "deposit new fresh money" at MtGox.

If you read my posts here you will see easily that i don't work for gox... can also tell you that i don't trust them, that's why i always trade low amounts at these exchangers.

I have a small 150 Eur transfer, that's probably why it went first. Although i think that transfer is handled, money did not hit my account yet !

I suppose that they will also process early jan.2014  transfers very soon , by then i hope to see here an apologise from you.

Take care .

So it seems you were right, my apologies. Today my first SEPA withdrawal (10k euro) arrived at my bank account. It took almost 7 weeks.
At least it seems like SEPA withdrawals still get processed, even the larger ones...
zyk

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:14:46 PM

[/quote]

I did not even understand your incomprehensive blob of "questions".
[/quote]

You don´t even want to ask yourself where at the table the sucker sits because you are afraid that you won´t find

out other than by seeing the cards played ? OMG you just lost the ranch...

try again to save it :  Who sells those coins at Mt. Gox ?
ninamoto

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:23:44 PM

I confirm that my SEPA withdrawal started on 14-Jan-14 arrived today 18-Feb-14.
btcash

Activity: 968
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:25:03 PM

Smaller than 100 Euro? I have been waiting for more than 5 weeks now.

I suppose that they will also process early jan.2014  transfers very soon , by then i hope to see here an apologise from you.
I asked them if they are going to process my withdrawal from early January this week if not they should cancel it. No surprise they cancelled it. They maybe start in 2-3 weeks.
ninamoto

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:30:09 PM

Smaller than 100 Euro? I have been waiting for more than 5 weeks now.

I asked them if they are going to process my withdrawal from early January this week if not they should cancel it. No surprise they cancelled it. They maybe start in 2-3 weeks.

Bigger than 100 Euro and smaller than 500 Wink
Just open a support ticket, asking about the status of your withdrawal. Sometimes asking at Gox makes miracles.
zyk

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:50:29 PM

At this time I think bitcoin and bitcointalk are needing some brutal hard forks :

Those who are out of Dodgx have a huge party financed by selling their resting bitcoins...as Lightcoin can do

everything what bitcoin does even quicker and is not yet centralised on Gox !

And the other half partying with Mark and the bitcoinfoundation celebrating that they still can centralise the lightcoins

when this bankruptcy is cleared and the laywers are paid  Cheesy

Cheers

jack0m
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1988

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:37:06 PM

Also has anybody used the http://skanner.net/MtGox/cwithdrawal.php to cancel withdrawal? I wouldnt really trust the site to give away my credentials.

I had used them. You only need to create an API key with "deposit" and "getinfo" access rights, therefore there is no chance you're going to lose any funds etc. Just follow their step-by-step guide how to create the key. You are not giving them any credentials this way.

Cancelling is immediate. Then you can (and should) delete the API key you created previously. Easy as a pie.

Whave, I tried to cancel the request. I followed the steps mentioned on the skanner site. But then the amount of the withdrawal to be credit back to my acount was minus the fee ( 1%). Does it mean that Mtgox will charge me for the fee anyway? Is there a way to get back the fee?

that's odd. They didn't charge me any fee. Did you double check on your account history? You should have two entries for Withdraw/Deposit by the exact same amount

So you want to buy cheap BTC, I understand that part. But, are you not worried not being able to withdraw anything? Can I ask, what is your strategy?

are you seriously interested in my strategy? You do realize I'm just a newbie here, hence not in the position to give any advice to expert people.
I'm just trying to maximize the probability to get back what I put (my big mistake) into Gox, according to currently available information. And it seems quite clear that fiat withdrawal are more likely to succeed if they are split into smaller amounts... but then comes into play the infamous 20 days rule, so it's always a trade-off.
As soon as I canceled the biggest withdrawal for 10k€, the first one for 1k€ changed its status to pending. Then I submitted a new withdrawal for a lower amount and yes, I also bought a few of those cheap btc, just to leave all options open...

Well I am just curious to hear different opinions. As I am in a very similar position as you and I want to think properly what options I have and the risk for each option.
holy sh*t... I'm actually reconsidering the whole idea, as I just learned our fascist government is going to apply a 20% tax for incoming wire transfers from foreign accounts  Angry
that's not but a fiscal robbery, probably the kind of thing they invented BTCs for

Money is a hoax. Debt is slavery. Consumerism is toxic.
psilos

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:43:36 PM

holy sh*t... I'm actually reconsidering the whole idea, as I just learned our fascist government is going to apply a 20% tax for incoming wire transfers from foreign accounts  Angry
that's not but a fiscal robbery, probably the kind of thing they invented BTCs for

Which country are you refering to?
jack0m
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1988

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:00:51 PM

It's Italy http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-16/money-launderer-until-proven-innocent-italy-imposes-20-tax-withholding-all-inbound-m

and it's essentially a EU pilot test program. You can expect to this throughout all fascist union member countries within six months.

well, good catch... I was feeling too ashamed to tell it myself  Embarrassed

Money is a hoax. Debt is slavery. Consumerism is toxic.
psilos

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:05:56 PM

It's Italy http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-16/money-launderer-until-proven-innocent-italy-imposes-20-tax-withholding-all-inbound-m

and it's essentially a EU pilot test program. You can expect to this throughout all fascist union member countries within six months.

well, good catch... I was feeling too ashamed to tell it myself  Embarrassed

Is SEPA transfer considered a wire transfer? Maybe the tax is only applicable to inbound transfers coming form countries outise EU
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: