Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:23:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189394 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:53:08 AM

Would enjoy hearing more of this?

what would you like to know?

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
szfinx

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:05:22 PM

I would like to know where your 5 data-centres are located, which countries and regions?
Do you have the same price regardless the location?

szfinx

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:52:49 PM

I would like to know where your 5 data-centres are located, which countries and regions?

Bonjour s'il vous plaît j'aimerai savoir je peux me procurer les pièces et quelle est sa valeur actuelle? Merci d'avance

My french is not perfect, but i suspect you are asking about how to participate and the value of the coin.

The best way to participate is to buy SpreadCoin (SPR) in Bittrex and hold it until the snapshot date and join the Slack group for much more info. (link is in the announcement)
The HLM is not out yet, you can buy it only in September, but in the meantime you can buy SPR and you will receive the equal amount of HLM as well.

grex

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:18:54 PM

Everyone please be advised, as it doesn't seem to be clear.

THE DATE FOR THE SNAPSHOT IS NOT AUGUST 1.

The new snapshot date will be announced later, and will take place sometime before the September launch.

Would it not have been easier for coins101 to actually post himself in the second post that is titled "RESERVED FOR REGULAR UPDATES." Instead of linking to a paste bin that is still kind of vague? I am just meaning that it does not actually say out right that the snap shot date is moved to "x" (which said link is not even in the "RESERVED FOR REGULAR UPDATES".

I just mentioned this to Karmashark. Hopefully we can get this to be more visible shortly.

Would be nice to update the OP regarding the snapshot date, even with an estimated date.
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:14:17 AM

Undecided

You guy's know Helium is just an escape vehicle for Spreadcoin bag holders? Do some research.

https://github.com/spreadcoin/spreadcoin

Why would a developer fork this s@*t?

Only sensible reason behind it is so Spreadcoin bag holders are able to finally have a large stake in a masternode token.

Spreadcoin $1 now, nearing $10 marketcap... with the prospect of above code and masternodes?

Wow.
coma1013

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 09:00:18 AM

Undecided

You guy's know Helium is just an escape vehicle for Spreadcoin bag holders? Do some research.

Only sensible reason behind it is so Spreadcoin bag holders are able to finally have a large stake in a masternode token.

Spreadcoin $1 now, nearing $10 marketcap... with the prospect of above code and masternodes?

Wow.

Over two years Georgem lied.

Read the link page to see why helium appears.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045373.5480
szfinx

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 09:37:40 AM

Undecided

Wow.

Yes, you are right... So what?

Spreadcoin's original big bagholders are forking the coin to make it useable and create a very brave project. I can't see any problem with it.

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:03:48 PM

locations, 1 datacenter in US - 1 in Canada, 2 in France, and 1 in japan, new ones coming end this year, start next year

same price, but your alocated to a first free spot, meaning you cannot order a specific region (servers needs to be filled else i would have to charge way more than i do now

per masternode is 5 dollars

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:12:36 PM

Undecided

Wow.

I know exactly what happened, I have a little history with SPR.
And there's nothing wrong with what the Helium team are doing, I just personally feel
that everyone should know the real reason Helium is a fork of SPR and not a completely new token (So the large SPR holders can have a controlling stake and manage the project how they want).
Nothing wrong with that but the community should know the true motives here.

The SPR code is old and needs serious core development work, take a look.
I'm open to any reasoning as to why the Helium team would fork SPR, but it's pretty obvious from my perspective.
stormcleric

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 02:49:12 PM

I'm curious about this coin but it's true that the 1:1 rate with Spreadcoin is suspicious. I'm not exactly sure if SPR hodlers want to get out with a more powerful token to compensate their investments or what.

grex

Activity: 179

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 08:45:28 PM

I hope they can strike a deal with bittrex for the coin distribution or at least give us enough time to withdraw the coins. However still no official announcement about the postponed snapshot date Sad
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 11:09:28 PM

Undecided

Wow.

And there's nothing wrong with what the Helium team are doing, I just personally feel
that everyone should know the real reason Helium is a fork of SPR and not a completely new token (So the large SPR holders can have a controlling stake and manage the project how they want).

I'm open to any reasoning as to why the Helium team would fork SPR, but it's pretty obvious from my perspective.

I don't think any of this is hidden to prospective investors. All one need is a little research and this info is quite apparent. And they are utilizing airdrop for the helium, which I can appreciate. I have seen similar incidents where the developer had an ico or an ipo to distribute the coin but in their case, they are sharing the wealth with the prior investors. Also, if spread had the original idea for a masternode but didn't deploy it and the idea was hijacked and utilized efficiently by dash, i wouldn't blame majority shareholders from wanting to create a separate situation. It's almost akin to majority stock shareholders ousting the owner of a company if he/she is underperforming in the role as a leader.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 12:20:30 AM

Undecided

Wow.

So you still waiting for that?

Are people still paying him monthly for the "use" of his new wallet?

I guess we need to leave the talk of SPR in the SPR thread and leave this for HLM discussion.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
andrew24p

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 12:26:50 AM

Undecided

Wow.

Its less of a fork, more of a movement in a different direction since the fork will actually be of the dash code not SPR code. I think choosing to fork off an existing coin that had potential  before developers ruined it and help keep the promise the coin was supposed to be isnt a bad idea. I like it better than an ICO or a premine, the coin is still very inexpensive in the grand scheme of things with the marketcap below 10 million so there is still time for people who want to get in. I like where this coin is going personally, it is okay to criticize it though, I see what apprehensions you might have.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
hughson

Activity: 133

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:16:22 AM

I'm trying to get the word out about the snapshot.

https://steemit.com/bitcoincash/@thomas.hughson/you-got-your-free-bitcoin-cash-here-s-how-another-upcoming-snapshot-of-spreadcoin-will-get-you-more-free-coins
Repost to help out.
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:30:30 AM

Smiley A beautiful and reliable team. Smiley helium has projected one of the latest technologies. Good luck. I follow social media.
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:20:55 AM

Undecided

Wow.

I don't exactly know why you are coming in here and spreading misinformation. But you are highly incorrect. HLM won't be a fork of Spreadcoin. It will be a snapshot of Spreadcoin and will be a hardfork of Dash until it moves away from Dash when Service Nodes are developed.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:21:45 AM

Undecided

Wow.

I don't exactly know why you are coming in here and spreading misinformation. But you are highly incorrect. HLM won't be a fork of Spreadcoin. It will be a snapshot of Spreadcoin and will be a hardfork of Dash until it moves away from Dash when Service Nodes are developed.

Semantics.

Snapshot of the chain so you guys can import your private keys over to Helium blockchain.
Why not just fork Dash and start over?

rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:46:56 AM

Undecided

Wow.

Semantics.

Snapshot of the chain so you guys can import your private keys over to Helium blockchain.

It's not semantics when your main point was about the codebase being old?

Coins has made a post about why the split is being done the way it is. It is in the OP. But clearly you don't care to read and instead want to spread misinformation.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:03:29 PM

Undecided

Wow.

Semantics.

It's not semantics when your main point was about the codebase being old?

Coins has made a post about why the split is being done the way it is. It is in the OP. But clearly you don't care to read and instead want to spread misinformation.

Sorry, this confused me

Spreadcoin > HLM economic fork

The only 'Fork' is that of Dash>HLM. The only reason SPR is mentioned is to import SPR Private keys to HLM.
Again so large holders from SPR can have a majority stake in the project.

This isn't a Fork of SPR>HLM, HLM is a new Alt with a large pre-mine/instamine.
And will propably retain "Non premined status", great.

Worse than I originally thought.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: