Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:59:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417956 times)
farizfadzimi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:48:11 AM

This is an Nvidia xorg issue.
For me this comes and goes even with only 4 GPUs in a rig.
Usually after I add something or move a GPU around in the slots.
You can try running this line once and reboot:
Code:
sudo nvidia-xconfig -a --cool-bits=28 --allow-empty-initial-configuration

When you run it, the results should show some screen "response" for every GPU in the system.

thanks mang.

i'll try this asap

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 09:33:54 AM

Hi there.

you and the team are such a champ!

thank you so much for this and 'll be sure to donate to you.

I keep getting this error on xorg.

Xorg problem detected.

Restoring Xorg.

Rebooting.

and its on loop.

why?

Need your kind help please.

Both your xorg.conf and its backup are corrupted, 3main tries to restore from backup but it fails too.
As soon as your rig started close gnome-terminal, then open guake with f12.

Run the suggested code and reboot see if it fix it or not.
Code:

You can also restore default xorg.conf and xorg.conf.back by this code:

Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/papampi/nvOC_by_fullzero_Community_Release/19-2.1/restore_xorg.sh
bash /home/m1/Downloads/restore_xorg.sh

You can always find the default xorg.conf Here

VicTwenty

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:50:48 PM

What's the most reliable usb stick to use with nvOC?
I saw lexar s75 recommended a while back. The last two I bought failed within 3 months and that was using them just for normal file transfers.
I plan to get a ssd and sata to usb adapter in the future. For now I just want to test out nvOC.
Rig4p

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:42:25 PM

Is there a way to use MPH pool auto exchange feature using papampi WTM auto switching?  I have not tried this but i assume if i point all the different coins to the correct 72XXX ports that it would work?  Has anyone tried this or have any ideas on how to implement this in the code?

Yes, and thats what I do
Just set your coins with normal 17xxx port and add them to wtm_coins

Do you only mine coins that are on MPH with your personal WTM list?
Or for coins not on MPH do you point to different pools inside nvOC and have them pay out to other places like your own wallet?

Still trying to get some advice on the profit switching question I mentioned a page or so back.  Smiley
Thanks!

I recently got this working today after a couple hours of testing, you need to go to each individual pool on MPH and use the 20XXX port for each coin in 1bash.  If you use the 17XXX or 12XXX ports it will point your rig to MPH auto switching servers which we don't want to use.  Also ensure you set your auto exchange settings.  Once its setup i've instantly noticed more profit by about a couple dollars (hovering lately around $15-16/day before going to WTM papampi).  As the WTM papampi switching is much more up to date than MPH which severely lags on checking for most profitable coin.  I noticed that the rig was mining a completely different coin for about 15 minutes and MPH website still hadn't updated showing which coin i was actually mining.

As an example:
Code:
#ZClassic
ZCL_WORKER="MPH workername only"
ZCL_ADDRESS="MPH username only"
ZCL_POOL="us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com"
ZCL_PORT="20575"

Do this the same for all the coins you set papampi WTM to check profitability.  Make sure your calculated settings from WTM reflect your rigs performance before you add the URL to 1bash.

If you want to add Ethereum i had some issues getting this working too.  You have to connect to server "us-east.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com", port 20535, and you have to add "-esm 2" as an additional claymore miner extension argument, otherwise you will get errors.  Hope this helps.

Thanks for correction, Port 20xxx should be used
Port 12xxx and 17xxx are auto switch ports which are not good any more.

I used to use salfter mph auto switch before mph switch to cloudflare, and because of that its api update time raised from 3 minutes to 30 minutes. and that was when I decide to create the wtm switch.
wtm api update time is 3 minutes, and that's default value of my switcher, lower than that is useless.

As hashmasta83 mentioned its best to set your rig hashrates for better results and change them after you select card counts/types
for example wtm gives 270 sols/s for equihash but with a mild OC I get 305 with dstm zm miner and same for other algos.

You can mine on multiple pools, for example you can set some coins to zpool, some to mph, some on nicehash and some on suprnova ... no limit.

Thanks for all the tips and great advice. Smiley
I'm going to give the WTM switcher a trial now after recompiling all the miners on all my rigs.
What do you guys recommend as the coin to use for auto-exchange on MPH?
I was using ZEC as it exchanged pretty quickly on MPH and did not seem to lose value quickly, but once I send it out of MPH it takes a couple extra transfers to get it to a cash-able coin.
Now I am trying Bitcoin Cash as I can cash that out with only one step from MPH, but the auto-exchange time is terrible, hours long to even show.

I set up the WTM switcher from the great instructions provided and it "appears to be switching" to the most profitable coin just fine.
nvOC wtm-log view shows the coins being checked and rechecked and the results usually match what I see on the WhatToMine website with my settings.
And when I peek in 1bash the new coin has taken it's place in COIN=xxxx.
But for the life of me I cannot see the miner actually switching to anything new, even when the new coin algo changes from say a Equihash coin to a NeoScrypt coin, etc.
And trying to verify by looking at the MPH site that the WTM switched miner is mining what the switch says it is, appears impossible.
Is there some log or view that will let me see in real time, at the miner, what coin it is mining?
Just being anal, I know, but when running a test I like to know if I have things set up correctly.
Thanks again!
papampi

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 04:28:48 PM

Is there a way to use MPH pool auto exchange feature using papampi WTM auto switching?  I have not tried this but i assume if i point all the different coins to the correct 72XXX ports that it would work?  Has anyone tried this or have any ideas on how to implement this in the code?

Yes, and thats what I do

Or for coins not on MPH do you point to different pools inside nvOC and have them pay out to other places like your own wallet?

Still trying to get some advice on the profit switching question I mentioned a page or so back.  Smiley
Thanks!

I recently got this working today after a couple hours of testing, you need to go to each individual pool on MPH and use the 20XXX port for each coin in 1bash.  If you use the 17XXX or 12XXX ports it will point your rig to MPH auto switching servers which we don't want to use.  Also ensure you set your auto exchange settings.  Once its setup i've instantly noticed more profit by about a couple dollars (hovering lately around $15-16/day before going to WTM papampi).  As the WTM papampi switching is much more up to date than MPH which severely lags on checking for most profitable coin.  I noticed that the rig was mining a completely different coin for about 15 minutes and MPH website still hadn't updated showing which coin i was actually mining.

As an example:
Code:
#ZClassic
ZCL_PORT="20575"

Do this the same for all the coins you set papampi WTM to check profitability.  Make sure your calculated settings from WTM reflect your rigs performance before you add the URL to 1bash.

If you want to add Ethereum i had some issues getting this working too.  You have to connect to server "us-east.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com", port 20535, and you have to add "-esm 2" as an additional claymore miner extension argument, otherwise you will get errors.  Hope this helps.

I used to use salfter mph auto switch before mph switch to cloudflare, and because of that its api update time raised from 3 minutes to 30 minutes. and that was when I decide to create the wtm switch.
wtm api update time is 3 minutes, and that's default value of my switcher, lower than that is useless.

As hashmasta83 mentioned its best to set your rig hashrates for better results and change them after you select card counts/types
for example wtm gives 270 sols/s for equihash but with a mild OC I get 305 with dstm zm miner and same for other algos.

You can mine on multiple pools, for example you can set some coins to zpool, some to mph, some on nicehash and some on suprnova ... no limit.

I'm going to give the WTM switcher a trial now after recompiling all the miners on all my rigs.
I was using ZEC as it exchanged pretty quickly on MPH and did not seem to lose value quickly, but once I send it out of MPH it takes a couple extra transfers to get it to a cash-able coin.
Now I am trying Bitcoin Cash as I can cash that out with only one step from MPH, but the auto-exchange time is terrible, hours long to even show.

I set up the WTM switcher from the great instructions provided and it "appears to be switching" to the most profitable coin just fine.
nvOC wtm-log view shows the coins being checked and rechecked and the results usually match what I see on the WhatToMine website with my settings.
But for the life of me I cannot see the miner actually switching to anything new, even when the new coin algo changes from say a Equihash coin to a NeoScrypt coin, etc.
And trying to verify by looking at the MPH site that the WTM switched miner is mining what the switch says it is, appears impossible.
Is there some log or view that will let me see in real time, at the miner, what coin it is mining?
Just being anal, I know, but when running a test I like to know if I have things set up correctly.
Thanks again!

you can check nvoc web info at  
http://Your_rig_IP/cgi-bin/minerinfo

CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:32:45 PM

Thanks again!

You can use minerinfo coded by papampi or looking WTM tab in guake terminal. To see guake terminal on the rig press F12
Minerinfo is a web page that uses nvoc_logs to concatenate some data for views of history minning rig.

You can modify it manually for you convenance if you are able to understand the code.
Notably tail -f command.

minerinfo is in /home/m1 directory. You can view it on your favorite browser by accessing URL like this :
http://[RIG_IP_ADDRESS]/cgi-bin/minerinfo

You also can use tail -f command on screenlog.0 file that is placed on ramfs part :
cd /home/m1/nvoc_logs
tail -f screenlog.0
or tail -f /home/m1/nvoc_logs/screenlog.0
exit tail command by ctrl+c without worrying, scrrenlog.0 is just a LOG file from screen.

If you want to see minning process in direct you can also use screen -r command, but it's preferable to use
./nvOC miner-log

in /home/m1.

CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:35:06 PM

You have been faster than me! ah ah! Cheesy
papampi

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 04:36:25 PM

Wink

You can use ./nvOC command for all kind of reports

Just run it with no arguments to see the options
Code:
./nvOC

Examples
Code:
./nvOC miner-log
./nvOC wdog-log
./nvOC master-Log

Rig4p

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:07:51 PM

Wink

Code:
./nvOC

Examples
Code:
./nvOC miner-log
./nvOC wdog-log
./nvOC master-Log

The webpage link works great, and I have been using SSH into the rig to get all that info using the ./nvOC commands.
But just seeing the words:
Code:
Currently Mining: BTG 
Auto Switcher: WTM Auto Switch Running
in the reporting is not what I am talking about, exactly.
For example, a few times I have seen Monacoin being switched to by WTM (it's in my WTM list) but on the MPH Monacoin page it never shows my worker there, never shows and hashrate there and never shows any transactions.
So that is my dilemma. Is there a way in the ccminer or whatever miner is being used by a coin, to see the coin being miner?
This is what I see in the reports:
Code:
Miner Hash Rate / Output: 
2018-02-11 10:04:28 AM| GPU0 69C Sol/s: 545.5 Sol/W: 3.06 Avg: 548.3 I/s: 293.9 Sh: 2.30 1.00 178
2018-02-11 10:04:48 AM| GPU0 69C Sol/s: 558.5 Sol/W: 3.06 Avg: 548.3 I/s: 293.9 Sh: 2.30 1.00 182 ++
2018-02-11 10:05:08 AM|> GPU0 68C Sol/s: 543.0 Sol/W: 3.06 Avg: 548.3 I/s: 293.9 Sh: 2.30 1.00 178 ++
2018-02-11 10:05:28 AM| GPU0 69C Sol/s: 549.4 Sol/W: 3.06 Avg: 548.3 I/s: 293.7 Sh: 2.30 1.00 178

Where in this miner output does it show the coin being mined?
Thanks for your patience. Wink
hashmasta83

Merit: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:35:03 PM

Yes, and thats what I do

Thanks!

As an example:
Code:
#ZClassic
ZCL_PORT="20575"

Thanks again!

I just check that the auto switch is reporting a coin and verify the GPUs are hashing by opening "screen -r miner" in the quake terminal.  That will show if your rig is running.
papampi

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 05:46:16 PM

Wink

Code:
./nvOC

Examples
Code:
./nvOC miner-log
./nvOC wdog-log
./nvOC master-Log

The webpage link works great, and I have been using SSH into the rig to get all that info using the ./nvOC commands.
But just seeing the words:
Code:
Currently Mining: BTG 
Auto Switcher: WTM Auto Switch Running
in the reporting is not what I am talking about, exactly.
For example, a few times I have seen Monacoin being switched to by WTM (it's in my WTM list) but on the MPH Monacoin page it never shows my worker there, never shows and hashrate there and never shows any transactions.
So that is my dilemma. Is there a way in the ccminer or whatever miner is being used by a coin, to see the coin being miner?
This is what I see in the reports:
Code:
Miner Hash Rate / Output: 
2018-02-11 10:04:28 AM| GPU0 69C Sol/s: 545.5 Sol/W: 3.06 Avg: 548.3 I/s: 293.9 Sh: 2.30 1.00 178
2018-02-11 10:04:48 AM| GPU0 69C Sol/s: 558.5 Sol/W: 3.06 Avg: 548.3 I/s: 293.9 Sh: 2.30 1.00 182 ++
2018-02-11 10:05:08 AM|> GPU0 68C Sol/s: 543.0 Sol/W: 3.06 Avg: 548.3 I/s: 293.9 Sh: 2.30 1.00 178 ++
2018-02-11 10:05:28 AM| GPU0 69C Sol/s: 549.4 Sol/W: 3.06 Avg: 548.3 I/s: 293.7 Sh: 2.30 1.00 178

Where in this miner output does it show the coin being mined?
Thanks for your patience. Wink

MPH usually takes 5-15 minutes to show worker and hashrate

You can use this to check your miner command :

Code:
ps ax | grep miner

terex

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:47:09 PM

Hi,

This might be a recurring topic but I have some 1060 and 1070's, all in P2 mode.  Getting these to run with mixed cards that are in P0 like P106 seems more difficult than separating them into two systems, it feels like some type of a race condition.  So, I have separated the p2 cards into different systems them but lose 1-2MH on the 1070 running in P2.  I can run on Windows and use profile inspector to clear a driver flag called CudaForceP2Mode to off.  Does anyone know how to pass this parameter in Nvidia-settings or put binary name/value pair into their xorg.conf?

Pap, any thoughts on who to talk with?

Thanks
hashmasta83

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:49:05 PM

I'm trying to figure out the conversion from Windows to Ubuntu OC settings on http://krypto-mining.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/gtx-1070-oc-settings_15.html.  I see the note stating Linux is double windows memory clock but some of the Windows OC settings are in the 2000 Mhz which would equate to 4000 Mhz on Linux.  Also for Windows core clock, are these total clock speeds or are the they OC setting past the nominal clock speed?  Seems i'm missing something here.  Can anyone help me better understand that conversion from Windows to Ubuntu OC settings from damNmad?
leenoox

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:58:33 PM

I'm trying to figure out the conversion from Windows to Ubuntu OC settings on http://krypto-mining.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/gtx-1070-oc-settings_15.html.  I see the note stating Linux is double windows memory clock but some of the Windows OC settings are in the 2000 Mhz which would equate to 4000 Mhz on Linux.  Also for Windows core clock, are these total clock speeds or are the they OC setting past the nominal clock speed?  Seems i'm missing something here.  Can anyone help me better understand that conversion from Windows to Ubuntu OC settings from damNmad?

Conversion is from Afterburner settings on windows. If you are using different tool to OC under windows this might not apply

hashmasta83

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:03:56 PM

Conversion is from Afterburner settings on windows. If you are using different tool to OC under windows this might not apply

Okay, i would lead to think that i wouldn't OC my memory clock by 2000 Mhz...haha

I'm just trying to determine how to use the Windows OC settings from damNmad to get a ballpark OC setting for nvOC.  So are you saying its not possible?
papampi

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 06:25:11 PM

Hi,

This might be a recurring topic but I have some 1060 and 1070's, all in P2 mode.  Getting these to run with mixed cards that are in P0 like P106 seems more difficult than separating them into two systems, it feels like some type of a race condition.  So, I have separated the p2 cards into different systems them but lose 1-2MH on the 1070 running in P2.  I can run on Windows and use profile inspector to clear a driver flag called CudaForceP2Mode to off.  Does anyone know how to pass this parameter in Nvidia-settings or put binary name/value pair into their xorg.conf?

Pap, any thoughts on who to talk with?

Thanks

I have done everything you can think of to change cards with p2 to p0 with no success.
Please let us know if you found a way.

Rig4p

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:57:02 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 12:32:21 AM by Rig4p

MPH usually takes 5-15 minutes to show worker and hashrate

You can use this to check your miner command :

Code:
ps ax | grep miner

This was the command I was looking for.
Unfortunately it is showing me that the miner never changes ports to match what the switcher says I am now mining.
It appears to be stuck on port 20570, ZCASH:

Code:
m1@m1-desktop:~$ ps ax | grep miner
  385 ?        Ss     0:00 SCREEN -dmSL miner /home/m1/zec/zm/latest/zm_miner --server us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com --user xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx --pass x --port 20570 --time
  386 pts/27   Ssl+  53:21 /home/m1/zec/zm/latest/zm_miner --server us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com --user xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx --pass x --port 20570 --time
11073 pts/2    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto miner
32670 pts/26   Sl+  34608:17 /home/m1/cpuOPT/cpuminer -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://xmr-us-east1.nanopool.org:14444 -u 47xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx -p x -t 31
m1@m1-desktop:~$

Could the fact I am CPU mining XMR as well be causing some issues?
I also have other rigs that are not yet using the WTM switcher and are still using the MPH_Equihash switcher until my testing is complete.
Could their setup on MPH be forcing this rig to stay on Equihash switching some how? Seems very unlikely.

And this is the print from the miner but not a single coin is showing in the balance other than ZCASH:
Code:
LAST 10 AUTO SWITCHES: 
Sun Feb 11 13:56:10 MST 2018 - Mining switched from ZCL to ZEN
Sun Feb 11 14:21:06 MST 2018 - Mining switched from ZEN to ZEC
Sun Feb 11 15:01:36 MST 2018 - Mining switched from ZEC to FTC
Sun Feb 11 15:07:49 MST 2018 - Mining switched from FTC to ZEC
Sun Feb 11 15:38:59 MST 2018 - Mining switched from ZEC to ZEN
Sun Feb 11 16:03:55 MST 2018 - Mining switched from ZEN to ZCL
Sun Feb 11 16:41:19 MST 2018 - Mining switched from ZCL to ZEC
Sun Feb 11 16:54:16 MST 2018 - Mining switched from ZEC to FTC
Sun Feb 11 17:03:37 MST 2018 - Mining switched from FTC to ZEC
Sun Feb 11 17:22:19 MST 2018 - Mining switched from ZEC to ZCL
farizfadzimi

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:08:54 PM

Hi there.

Xorg problem detected.

Restoring Xorg.

Rebooting.

and its on loop.

why?

Both your xorg.conf and its backup are corrupted, 3main tries to restore from backup but it fails too.

Code:

Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/papampi/nvOC_by_fullzero_Community_Release/19-2.1/restore_xorg.sh

thanks a bunch broskis.

okay.

this is where im at.

I am newb to ubuntu/linux distro. so please forgive me.

I just edited 1bash.

Havent even gotten to 3main yet.

Im guessing thats why all these errors pops up.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Device 1902 (rev 06)
/home/m1/3main: line 144: nvidia-smi: command not found

LAUNCHING:  IAmNotAJeep_and_Maxximus007_WATCHDOG

LAUNCHING:  Maxximus007_AUTO_TEMPERATURE_CONTROL

process in screen temp; attach with: screen -r temp

/home/m1/3main: line 455: nvidia-smi: command not found

ERROR: Error querying enabled displays on GPU 0 (Missing Extension).

ERROR: Error querying connected displays on GPU 0 (Missing Extension).

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:0' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

Question.

Is there a manual or a step by step guidelines I could have a look?

Because Im kinda like doing things and reading and going thru the forums for answers.

lol.

Like atom. I like atom.

So i edited 1bash using atom on windows, then I mount the image using rufus to my usb (for the time being)

And I saved my 1bash (from atom -> save as -> 1bash that is in the usb)

This was a trial and error and I couldnt find any guide I could use!

lols.

anyways.

gotta get to editing 3mains that i've missed earlier from editing 1bash.

Oh, is there a way to know how many of my GPU is active?

As in, amongst 8 that I shoved in the slots, which are active and which probably needs switching slots etc etc

Is there a way to know?

damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:20:41 AM

Hi there.

Xorg problem detected.

Restoring Xorg.

Rebooting.

and its on loop.

why?

Code:

Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads

thanks a bunch broskis.

okay.

this is where im at.

I am newb to ubuntu/linux distro. so please forgive me.

I just edited 1bash.

Havent even gotten to 3main yet.

Im guessing thats why all these errors pops up.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Device 1902 (rev 06)
/home/m1/3main: line 144: nvidia-smi: command not found

LAUNCHING:  IAmNotAJeep_and_Maxximus007_WATCHDOG

LAUNCHING:  Maxximus007_AUTO_TEMPERATURE_CONTROL

process in screen temp; attach with: screen -r temp

/home/m1/3main: line 455: nvidia-smi: command not found

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:0' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

Question.

Is there a manual or a step by step guidelines I could have a look?

Because Im kinda like doing things and reading and going thru the forums for answers.

lol.

Like atom. I like atom.

So i edited 1bash using atom on windows, then I mount the image using rufus to my usb (for the time being)

And I saved my 1bash (from atom -> save as -> 1bash that is in the usb)

This was a trial and error and I couldnt find any guide I could use!

lols.

anyways.

gotta get to editing 3mains that i've missed earlier from editing 1bash.

Oh, is there a way to know how many of my GPU is active?

As in, amongst 8 that I shoved in the slots, which are active and which probably needs switching slots etc etc

Is there a way to know?

I think you are in the right place and i believe that you don't need to edit 3main at all.

You need to follow the instructions provided by @papampi to get your xorg file back.

cd /home/m1/Downloads

From his words, once the rig is UP, close the purple terminal (When you see a message on the right top corner stating 'PRESS F12') and then just press F12 for Guake Terminal.

Run the following command

and do a restart, once the rig is UP, close the purple terminal (When you see a message on the right top corner stating 'PRESS F12') and then just press F12 for Guake Terminal.

type this command (partly answers your last question - show all the active GPU's)

nvidia-smi

It should give you a list of available GPU's like this :

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 384.111                Driver Version: 384.111                   |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce GTX 106...  On   | 00000000:01:00.0  On |                  N/A |
| 30%   55C    P2    75W /  78W |    211MiB /  6072MiB |     98%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
|   1  GeForce GTX 106...  On   | 00000000:02:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 30%   55C    P2    81W /  78W |     94MiB /  6072MiB |     94%      Default |
|   2  GeForce GTX 106...  On   | 00000000:03:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 35%   58C    P2    76W /  78W |     94MiB /  6072MiB |     97%      Default |
|   3  GeForce GTX 106...  On   | 00000000:05:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 30%   57C    P2    73W /  78W |     94MiB /  6072MiB |     93%      Default |
|   4  GeForce GTX 106...  On   | 00000000:06:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 30%   59C    P2    78W /  78W |     94MiB /  6072MiB |     96%      Default |
|   5  GeForce GTX 106...  On   | 00000000:07:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 30%   59C    P2    73W /  78W |     94MiB /  6072MiB |     94%      Default |
|   6  GeForce GTX 106...  On   | 00000000:08:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 30%   57C    P2    67W /  78W |     94MiB /  6072MiB |     94%      Default |
|   7  GeForce GTX 106...  On   | 00000000:0A:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 30%   53C    P2    76W /  78W |     94MiB /  6072MiB |     95%      Default |

If it did, then its fine. The above commands displays all the active GPU's.

There is also another option available in the 2.0 version, through which you can identify the GPU's.

~/nvOC gpuinfo

which will also lists your GPU's in this format

m1@m1-desktop:~$/home/m1/nvOC gpuinfo

ID,VENDOR,MODEL,PSTATE,TEMP,FAN,UTILIZATION,POWER,POWERLIMIT,MAXPOWER,GPUCLOCK,MEMCLOCK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0, ASUS, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, P2, 55, 30, 97, 68.12, 78.00, 140.00, 1835, 4303
1, ASUS, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, P2, 55, 30, 87, 79.67, 78.00, 140.00, 1809, 4303
2, ASUS, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, P2, 58, 35, 97, 77.58, 78.00, 140.00, 1822, 4303
3, ASUS, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, P2, 57, 30, 92, 77.58, 78.00, 140.00, 1784, 4303
4, ASUS, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, P2, 59, 30, 98, 78.11, 78.00, 140.00, 1847, 4303
5, ASUS, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, P2, 59, 30, 94, 77.22, 78.00, 140.00, 1784, 4303
6, ASUS, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, P2, 57, 30, 96, 60.00, 78.00, 140.00, 1809, 4303
7, ASUS, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, P2, 53, 30, 96, 77.74, 78.00, 140.00, 1873, 4303

One more option to identify GPU's physically which gpu mapped to which number

~/nvOC gpumap

It will run the fans to 100%, that way you can identify which GPU is mapped to 0 and which GPU is mapped to 1 etc.

Hope it answers all of your questions. Good Luck.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
hashmasta83

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:27:49 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 01:37:32 AM by hashmasta83

hey papampi and developers, love working with the OS and tweaking the build.  I've been doing some work on v0019-2.0 lately trying to get a few coins to work and here's some issues i found.

For FTC coin i had to change 0miner to this below to make it work, it had incorrect miner listed
Code:
if [ $COIN == "FTC" ]
then
  HCD='/home/m1/KTccminer/ccminer'
  ADDR="$FTC_ADDRESS.$FTC_WORKER"
  screen -dmSL miner $HCD -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://$FTC_POOL:$FTC_PORT -u $ADDR -p $MINER_PWD -i $FTC_INTENSITY
fi

To get XMR to work i had to do the following,

Added this to 0miner for XMR
Code:
if [ $COIN == "XMR" ]
then
  HCD='/home/m1/KTccminer-cryptonight/ccminer'
  ADDR="$XMR_ADDRESS.$XMR_WORKER"
  screen -dmSL miner $HCD -o stratum+tcp://$XMR_POOL:$XMR_PORT -u $ADDR -p $MINER_PWD
fi

Section i had to comment out in 0miner for XMR, as I believe it was screwing with what i have above.
Code:
#if [ $COIN == "XMR" ]
#then
#  HCD='/home/m1/xmr/stakGPU/bin/xmr-stak-nvidia'
#  ADDR="$XMR_ADDRESS.$XMR_WORKER"
#
#  GPUS_FOR_XMR=0
#  echo "" > /home/m1/tmp_threads
#
#  while [ $GPUS_FOR_XMR != $GPUS ]
#  do
#
#    cat <<EOF >>/home/m1/tmp_threads
#{ "index" : $GPUS_FOR_XMR,
#    "threads" : 32, "blocks" : 18,
#    "bfactor" : 8, "bsleep" :  10,
#    "affine_to_cpu" : false,
#  },
...................................etc

In order to get XVG (lyra2rev2 algo) working had to put in auto intensity setting (0) as it had memory errors instantly.  Is there any disadvantage to using auto intensity setting?  I think it would help with people getting memory errors for having too high of intensity setting.  

Addition to 1bash for XVG
Code:
# XVG ## No Need to add stratum+tcp:// to server address
XVG_WORKER="$WORKERNAME"
XVG_ADDRESS="add BTC address"        
XVG_POOL="lyra2v2.mine.zpool.ca"      
XVG_PORT="4533"
XVG_INTENSITY="0"

and this for Algo specific OC setting in 1bash
Code:
# lyra2vRev2
  if [ $COIN == "MONA" -o $COIN == "VTC" -o $COIN == "XVG" ]
  then
    ALGORITHM="LYRA2REV2"
    POWERLIMIT_WATTS=130
    __CORE_OVERCLOCK=125
    MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=600
  fi

Added this to 0miner for XVG.  Can also use $BTC_ADDRESS in place of $ADDR
Code:
if [ $COIN == "XVG" ]
then
  HCD='/home/m1/ASccminer/ccminer'
  ADDR="$XVG_ADDRESS"
  screen -dmSL miner $HCD -a lyra2v2 -o stratum+tcp://$XVG_POOL:$XVG_PORT -u $ADDR -p c=XVG -i $XVG_INTENSITY
fi

After making these changes, i'm able to mine XMR and XVG successfully.  Getting about 4700 h/s for XMR using Klaus and around 217 MH/s for XVG. Just wanted to give that feedback, thanks.
Pages: « 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: