Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:48:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284846 times)
Pirator

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 10:58:17 AM

its not like this company isnt known for using their equipment first to drive up the difficulty and then shipping the used ones to people...  Roll Eyes

Agreed.

But it might be the first time that Bitmain is not doing this just for short term profits. They also seem to be trying to manipulate the future of the Bitcoin protocol and prolong their advantage of covert ASICBoost mining.

Just to review, they're using customer funds to control Litecoin and indirectly control Bitcoin.

I pray that this bites Bitmain hard in the ass someday. We really need real alternatives to this evil company.

Either that or we need to form "Miners Anonymous" and get clear of this mess Wink

It seems like you just want someone to hate.   There isn't anything covert about ASICBoost and Bitmain has pointed out they are not currently even using it.   The only problem with ASICBoost is that Bitmain holds a patent on it in China.    However there isn't even any proof that it really works at this point either.   

Now Bitmain is pumping out SCRYPT miners.   They are making money supplying the miners.   Of coarse the more they supply the less each one is worth.   However people are demanding the miners.   You can boycott Bitmain but you are probably going to be lonely. 

If I can make money with the Bitmain miner, I will buy. It is simple.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wck

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 01:23:08 PM

its not like this company isnt known for using their equipment first to drive up the difficulty and then shipping the used ones to people...  Roll Eyes

Agreed.

But it might be the first time that Bitmain is not doing this just for short term profits. They also seem to be trying to manipulate the future of the Bitcoin protocol and prolong their advantage of covert ASICBoost mining.

Just to review, they're using customer funds to control Litecoin and indirectly control Bitcoin.

I pray that this bites Bitmain hard in the ass someday. We really need real alternatives to this evil company.

Either that or we need to form "Miners Anonymous" and get clear of this mess Wink

It seems like you just want someone to hate.   There isn't anything covert about ASICBoost and Bitmain has pointed out they are not currently even using it.   The only problem with ASICBoost is that Bitmain holds a patent on it in China.    However there isn't even any proof that it really works at this point either.  

Now Bitmain is pumping out SCRYPT miners.   They are making money supplying the miners.   Of coarse the more they supply the less each one is worth.   However people are demanding the miners.   You can boycott Bitmain but you are probably going to be lonely.  

I rather stand for my principle and be lonely than be a part of a lemmings running over the hill....

Also Looks likes coinbase is pulling back from Litecoin implementation for there retail outlet.

Principle?  Seriously?  Lemmings?   You can enjoy mining with a pencil and paper, I'll use technology.  Wink
kariverson

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:05:35 PM

I ordered one from the May batch to start mining for the first time paid it in time ofcourse and then I was informed that they could not process my payment in time so they either move me to July batch or refund me. Not happy at all with this. By July the difficulty could be tripled and if they don't refund me fully and they refund only the miner's cost and shipping I lost almost 200 euro...
Although I can say their support has been responding promptly and has been quite helpful for the time being Smiley

I should had never done business with this company. They say they can only refund me the amount they received and they'll only pay their banks fees not both (if that's even to be believed) But for the payment to be confirmed they asked me to pay BOTH bank's fees! Not only that, I'm paying the fee for the horrible currency exchange TWICE! Because I sent USD from euro and now because they won't send Euro back but USD. Stay well away of this company for real. I god damn want back the full amount I paid them! I have bank receipts that prove I made the payment in the 3 day time frame.
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 08:34:47 PM

its not like this company isnt known for using their equipment first to drive up the difficulty and then shipping the used ones to people...  Roll Eyes

Agreed.

It seems like you just want someone to hate.   There isn't anything covert about ASICBoost and Bitmain has pointed out they are not currently even using it.   The only problem with ASICBoost is that Bitmain holds a patent on it in China.    However there isn't even any proof that it really works at this point either.  

Now Bitmain is pumping out SCRYPT miners.   They are making money supplying the miners.   Of coarse the more they supply the less each one is worth.   However people are demanding the miners.   You can boycott Bitmain but you are probably going to be lonely.  

I rather stand for my principle and be lonely than be a part of a lemmings running over the hill....

Also Looks likes coinbase is pulling back from Litecoin implementation for there retail outlet.

Principle?  Seriously?  Lemmings?   You can enjoy mining with a pencil and paper, I'll use technology.  Wink

I use technology I built and am building gPU rig atleast I know I won't be monopolized or screwed by "bit-the-man"
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 08:36:12 PM

Link to coinbase pulling back?

https://status.coinbase.com/

Few days ago they had Litecoin listed under "Digital currencies"

Now they don't only BTC and Ether
cryptcoin_de

Activity: 269
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 08:42:37 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2017, 08:52:54 PM by cryptcoin_de

Agreed.

But nobody *must* point his Bitmain miner to Antpool, maybe a first step against "Mr. Monopoly"... Every L3+ April / May batch customer should think about this, my May L3+ will never more see Antpool after i have received them - hopefully just in time...
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 08:43:29 PM

Heh , wanna see your face when you buy miner, pay for it and later find out little chinese bastard using it at your expense to hes own use.

Logic=0
Quakenet

Activity: 62

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 09:20:00 PM

Is it possible to straight just cancel and get a refund for an order made on L3+?
bearsworth

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 09:27:34 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2017, 11:01:35 PM by bearsworth

Link to coinbase pulling back?

https://status.coinbase.com/

Few days ago they had Litecoin listed under "Digital currencies"

Now they don't only BTC and Ether

That means nothing, you're reading too much into it. Litecoin still on track to be added.

Update for coinbase. I think you should check out. It's still goijg through.

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/66k37z/ok_fine_heres_a_preview_charlie_lee_on_telegrams/

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
kariverson

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:32:46 PM

Is it possible to straight just cancel and get a refund for an order made on L3+?

If you're the May batch I'd say just receive the miner and if you don't want it sell it immediately for profit or to get your money back.
I am getting a refund and they're screwing me out of 200euro.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 05:26:01 AM

If you're the May batch I'd say just receive the miner and if you don't want it sell it immediately for profit or to get your money back.
I am getting a refund and they're screwing me out of 200euro.

That is for the April guys ..the refund right. I've got a May 5th batch and have heard zip. I doubt that batch (being large as heck imho to cover their
endeavors to stop seg witness imho) ...will not get option of refunds.

Too much easy money ..just sticking with the 'firmware problem' lie...and shipping the units a month later imho

going with baikal miners...doing X11 they are solid as hell (got the 300mh cube)

I switched from BTC mining to LTC mining in 2014 when these kinda games started...so pow scrypt is likely 'bye bye' after this

move my (now gonna be sh*t downsized*) scrypt pow mining to hobby mode X11 mining

No matter the asic company after a couple years of success they all got to the dark side and FULL evil..the same reason drug runners
never stop...all that money with just being big enough to tweak the whole as it exits $$$ making and mining system to your favor with a
snap of a finger (bitmain) ..this is why 'pure' captialism is regulated......too easy to just monopolize the works and walk with it all.

So bitmain (probably don't care and will go private and keep 35% or more of LTC hash) burnt its customers and is toast
and they are too big with 70% of miners for scrypt pow and sha-256 and now ONLY mnfg of either of any size

thus ...too big for this mouse..time to move to another haystack Smiley

(i had more fun mining small anyway.....this large mining stuff/data halls etc ... was nice and all ..but with this kinda crap it is a royal pain in the ass ..w/o a level playing field)

back to hobby mode I go

later

brad

edit: well after I have to take my pre-paid pre-order L3+'s that likely will mine no better then the knc titans I have now by the time I get them..that is Smiley

Life: Always there to point your your optimistic unicorn dreams can get you gored by the frigging unicorn too...... Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
oawan

Activity: 67

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:03:08 AM

Got an "order picking" email for my may 5 batch of L3+'s, although I googled it and saw people getting this email a couple weeks before actual shipping on S9's.  Still would be amazing if I got tracking info in next couple days.  

Anyway, I'm not so sad about the whole ordeal.  Price is still $10+, difficulty is dropping (will drop even more once they box up all the miners for shipment and then come back once everyone receives them)

But compared to the ROI on S9/T9 it still looks quite good.  It will probably take ~4-6 months to break even if price stays >$10 but that's not the worst thing in the world.  
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 07:54:44 AM

Got an "order picking" email for my may 5 batch of L3+'s, although I googled it and saw people getting this email a couple weeks before actual shipping on S9's.  Still would be amazing if I got tracking info in next couple days.  

Anyway, I'm not so sad about the whole ordeal.  Price is still $10+, difficulty is dropping (will drop even more once they box up all the miners for shipment and then come back once everyone receives them)

But compared to the ROI on S9/T9 it still looks quite good.  It will probably take ~4-6 months to break even if price stays >$10 but that's not the worst thing in the world.  

Difficulty History

Date   Difficulty   Change   Hash Rate
Apr 20 2017   132,016   29.09%   3,780 GH/s
Apr 18 2017   102,267   9.95%   2,928 GH/s
Apr 14 2017   93,016   1.26%   2,663 GH/s
Apr 11 2017   91,854   -10.07%   2,630 GH/s
Apr 07 2017   102,136   9.87%   2,924 GH/s
Apr 04 2017   92,957   6.33%   2,662 GH/s
Apr 01 2017   87,421   -1.89%   2,503 GH/s

Net Difficulty +/- since April 1st, 2017 = +44.54%

Even if they box them all up and ship them out, difficulty isn't decreasing by much long term.

We might see a short term loss but long term the difficulty is only going to continue to go up.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:02:21 AM

Beware...phantom tracking numbers that never arrive.....BFL, KNC, Alpha-Tech all did that kinda stuff.....they could just be shooting out these emails because support has
been swamped and sales and they are still trying to sell July L3+'s

by all means I have a May 5th order of 4 ..so IF you get a legit tracking number spread good cheer and post it on this thread Smiley

later

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Quakenet

Activity: 62

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 12:18:59 PM

Beware...phantom tracking numbers that never arrive.....BFL, KNC, Alpha-Tech all did that kinda stuff.....they could just be shooting out these emails because support has
been swamped and sales and they are still trying to sell July L3+'s

by all means I have a May 5th order of 4 ..so IF you get a legit tracking number spread good cheer and post it on this thread Smiley

later

brad

I ordered 3 L3+ on the 11th of April for the 5th of May batch. Got an email on the 13th saying Order Picking was completed... Thats 8 days ago. Havent recieved any notifications after that. sounds fishy...
Eyedol-X

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 03:21:38 PM

Interesting, Price increase on July Batch -- now $1644, up from $1370
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 04:36:18 PM

Likely due to them resolving seq witness. It's rocket time now 😄

http://www.coindesk.com/litecoin-miners-back-plan-support-segwit-blockchain-upgrade/

Eyedol-X

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 05:25:36 PM

Likely due to them resolving seq witness. It's rocket time now 😄

http://www.coindesk.com/litecoin-miners-back-plan-support-segwit-blockchain-upgrade/

I hope so, some great news indeed.
MachineZero

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 05:50:21 PM

Robbing Peter to Pay Paul. Who do you think is paying for partial refunds?

jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 06:00:21 PM

Robbing Peter to Pay Paul. Who do you think is paying for partial refunds?

Looks like the May batch was quite the Deal if they ever decide to ship them out.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: