Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:22:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CrowdSale Ended]🌟🌟🌟🌟 NVO Decentralized Exchange | MultiWallet 🌟🌟🌟🌟  (Read 169894 times)
zaemiel

Activity: 57
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 01:24:39 PM

Hello Smiley
I am new to this and I wanted to invest in NVO using ETH or BTC , I created an account in official nvo website But i I could not figure out how to deposit.
what exactly i need to do step by step thank you in advance

1. We have to register and login to the website: https://nvo.io

2. On a right side of the dashboard page we will see an input field for a Personal Bitcoin Address.
Enter a Bitcoin address to which we control the private keys to.
We have to enter a personal Bitcoin address irrespective to a currency we will invest.

3. Press blue button

4. All currency addresses become visible.

5. Make a deposit.
To make a Bitcoin deposit we have to send coins from the Personal Bitcoin address we have entered on step 2
For Altcoins sending address doesn't matter.

We have to control private keys of the Bitcoin address because we will get NVOT on it on a step 6.

6. Later... Once everything goes through and tokens will be issued we have to create an account at https://wallet.counterwallet.io/ and then import private key of the Personal Bitcoin Address (step 2) into that counterwallet service to see tokens (NVOT).
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 01:44:19 PM

I'm now wandering how can you cope with  race conditions and double spend attempts in cross chain trades.

Suppose I sell my asset X through NVO, buyer sends me asset Y and in the meantime I transfer my asset X somewhere else through a native wallet.
There's a chance I get asset Y for free.

Thanks for your support, this have been addressed, and here is the content :

The answer to 0-conf attack vector is in the reddit thread. Effectively when you validate a transaction without confirmations (0-conf), there is a risk for Double spending, or replace by fee, speed attack ... but this can only happen in the case of a normal address, in the reddit thread he didn't considered the specifications of a 2-OF-2. In the case of the validator, the trades will be handled using multisig 2-OF-2, which means that when you will trade using the validator, you will have a shared 2-OF-2 address with the validator, this will prevent this type of attacks as the validator's won't allow such transactions or manipulations.
Once the Validator allows a transaction and process it, you won't be able to issue an attack as you will need the agreement of the Validator. Unless you corrupt the validator, which means breaking SafeNetwork, regroupoing the framents and then decrypting them, all of this, just to get at the validator and try to corrupt a single address. These steps are actually not feasable, maybe in 10 or 20 years using quantum computers or using a lazer computer with graphen components. Even if you do it, you won't be able to corrupt more then a single address, the one you will share with the validator because the addresses will change randomly.

Really intresting.

Does this system need multisig support in all the coins?
may be I'm wrong but I think Waves doesn't have multisig yet.

Another question: ever tought adding NEM to the supported coins?
NEM has multisig support, has assets, but no asset exchange yet.

daym

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:27:04 PM

https://i.gyazo.com/c44d2b423b7749f0295c76eac8a4dda9.png

Undecided
bst857

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:22:11 PM

I didn't really know what I was doing and used multibit hd to send the btc.

I made a payment request in multibit hd and used that address as my private bitcoin address. But of course its wrong because thats not the address I sent the btc from.

I managed to extract the private keys from the addresses I sent from though, will that be ok?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 03:26:04 PM

What's the point of this image?

author=bst857 link=topic=1917456.msg19477659#msg19477659 date=1497108131]
I didn't really know what I was doing and used multibit hd to send the btc.

I made a payment request in multibit hd and used that address as my private bitcoin address. But of course its wrong because thats not the address I sent the btc from.

I managed to extract the private keys from the addresses I sent from though, will that be ok?
[/quote]
As long as you have the private keys, everything is fine. Make sure to input one of those addresses (from which you've sent from) to the dashboard. If you have multiple sending addresses combined into 1 transaction, then the one that you input into the dashboard will be the receiving one.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bst857

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:44:26 PM

As long as you have the private keys, everything is fine. Make sure to input one of those addresses (from which you've sent from) to the dashboard. If you have multiple sending addresses combined into 1 transaction, then the one that you input into the dashboard will be the receiving one.

All done, thanks for your help Smiley
onetimedealman

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 05:22:26 PM

I bought using ETH which was sent from coinbase but the btc address I am using is from Jaxx, am I ok or will my NVOT be stuck?
bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:20:08 PM

A few questions:

1 - What's wrong with using a blockchain.info wallet?

2 - If I use a KeepKey, how can i access my private keys and Is KeepKey a suggested wallet for the ICO?

3 - What happens if I have 1BTC in my wallet and I send 1BTC to the ICO? I will be left with a 0 Balance. How will I view my NVO tokens on Counterparty?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 07:23:31 PM

I bought using ETH which was sent from coinbase but the btc address I am using is from Jaxx, am I ok or will my NVOT be stuck?
If you can find the private key to the Bitcoin address that you've entered in the dashboard, you are fine.

You don't own the private key to your address.

2 - If I use a KeepKey, how can i access my private keys and Is KeepKey a suggested wallet for the ICO?
I don't have a KeepKey, thus I cannot test it. Therefore, it is not recommended. If you can find your private keys, then you should be fine.

3 - What happens if I have 1BTC in my wallet and I send 1BTC to the ICO? I will be left with a 0 Balance. How will I view my NVO tokens on Counterparty?
You invest with address A. You will get counterparty tokens to address A. You import the private key of address A into the counterparty wallet. You will see the tokens there.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Bumblebee82

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:25:34 PM

Hi

I am to new to cryptoworld, but would like to participate in this crowdsale, so i have some dificulties
understanding the “second part” (end of crowdsale and withdraw of tokens)

If i start from the beginning:

1.) I logged into NVO.io to register
2.) Copied bitcoin address from my Jaxx wallet and paste it to Bitcoin address field at NVO.io, pressed the button to verify it
3.) New Bitcoin escrow address was generated
4.) Send funds to generated bitcoin escrow address from my Jaxx wallet
5.) From what i have read here in this forum i will not see my deposit funds right? because i made deposit via bitcoin

Now here is the second part that i don't understand...
Must i prepare my account at https://wallet.counterwallet.io/ before crowdsale is over?
I have registrated at https://wallet.counterwallet.io/, got new BTC/XCP wallet address. How do I import my Jaxx private key to counterwallet so that funds from NVO.io site will be sent to my account? (i didn't see anything regarding import private key to counterwallet)
Can somebody tell me step-by-step how to prepare my counterwallet for withdraw NVO tokens?

Thank you
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 07:28:24 PM

4.) Send funds to generated bitcoin escrow address from my Jaxx wallet
5.) From what i have read here in this forum i will not see my deposit funds right? because i made deposit via bitcoin
Yes. The same Bitcoin escrow address is used for everyone and you don't see anything on your dashboard if you invest with BTC.

Must i prepare my account at https://wallet.counterwallet.io/ before crowdsale is over?
No.

I have registrated at https://wallet.counterwallet.io/, got new BTC/XCP wallet address. How do I import my Jaxx private key to counterwallet so that funds from NVO.io site will be sent to my account? (i didn't see anything regarding import private key to counterwallet)
Can somebody tell me step-by-step how to prepare my counterwallet for withdraw NVO tokens?
Use Google or wait for someone else to answer this.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:37:08 PM

If you can find the private key to the Bitcoin address that you've entered in the dashboard, you are fine.

You don't own the private key to your address.

I don't have a KeepKey, thus I cannot test it. Therefore, it is not recommended. If you can find your private keys, then you should be fine.

You invest with address A. You will get counterparty tokens to address A. You import the private key of address A into the counterparty wallet. You will see the tokens there.

Thank you. The KeepKey stores all the private keys but there is no way to view them.
Zer0p0inT

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:52:08 PM

Hi, can anybody tell me what the cap is for the ICO, and is it 30% of the coins?

SHITCOINS ARE THE FUTURE
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 07:54:06 PM

Thank you. The KeepKey stores all the private keys but there is no way to view them.
In that case, you should not use KeepKey.

Hi, can anybody tell me what the cap is for the ICO, and is it 30% of the coins?
There is no cap.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Zer0p0inT

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:23:40 PM

In that case, you should not use KeepKey.

There is no cap.

I meant market cap...ico price x total coins

SHITCOINS ARE THE FUTURE
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 08:25:31 PM

There is no price. Read the thread, and use the website before asking repetitive questions. Price is determined at the end of the crowdsale based on the amount that it gathers.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Zer0p0inT

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:54:59 PM

There is no price. Read the thread, and use the website before asking repetitive questions. Price is determined at the end of the crowdsale based on the amount that it gathers.

thanks

SHITCOINS ARE THE FUTURE
nemgun (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 09:19:15 PM

Hello everyone,
I would like to tell you about a problem that the team has been facing for around 3 days now. A certain person suddenly appeared, named Roboteddy and posted a thread on Reddit with false information and speculation at a time at which none of the developers were available. The CEO of the project had deleted that thread as he wanted to redirect it to Slack, so that Yani or I could answer him. In hindsight, we realized that deleting it, even temporarily, was a mistake. Therefore, we have apologized for this deletion. The user has then threatened to defame us via social media, even though we reauthorized him to post the thread.
I have wasted 48 hours responding to misconceptions from a madman who tried to talk like a developer using erroneous information just in order to give bad feedback to the team. Today, he has allowed himself to defame the project on another subreddit.

I think that many developers from various projects have had enough of certain trolls that were just trying to bother and destroy their projects. This kind of troll manifestation that attempts to mislead newcomers in the Bitcoin and altcoin communities are well known. Despite of everything, we are supposed to welcome them properly by explaining things as they really are.

Therefore, I am calling out any developers, users of both altcoins and Bitcoin to come and evaluate me on the project’s thread in order to correct the image of said project.

I wish the community would be welcomed in the face of such problems. NVO is a project that is on the same spectrum as the policy of Bitcoin, namely decentralized. It is not a blockchain that competes with other blockchains; NVO is trying to bring a plus to all of the blockchains.

Please take this post and this request into consideration.

Thank you all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NVO/comments/6g2wwr/originally_deleted_by_mod_reposting_fundamentally/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6fghd6/thoughts_on_nvo_decentralized_exchange/dipmoyl/?context=3

ignore this troll, this project will be amazing and has extreme potential, some hardcore badass crypto guys spoke highly of this project so im sure it will be great

Thanks a lot for your feedback, but i can't ignore all the trolls, especially when they spread fake informations, they can misslead newcomers to the crypto world. Personally when i develop a project i try to develop the community around it. It is always better to develope a project with the community as you can give them real informations, and as a member of the BTCT community I want to preserve the future members of the community Altcoin and bitcoin, it is true that we are judged by our rank in BTCT, but we must not forget that rank also means the experience to share.

thanks again for your support.

I'm now wandering how can you cope with  race conditions and double spend attempts in cross chain trades.

Suppose I sell my asset X through NVO, buyer sends me asset Y and in the meantime I transfer my asset X somewhere else through a native wallet.
There's a chance I get asset Y for free.

Thanks for your support, this have been addressed, and here is the content :

The answer to 0-conf attack vector is in the reddit thread. Effectively when you validate a transaction without confirmations (0-conf), there is a risk for Double spending, or replace by fee, speed attack ... but this can only happen in the case of a normal address, in the reddit thread he didn't considered the specifications of a 2-OF-2. In the case of the validator, the trades will be handled using multisig 2-OF-2, which means that when you will trade using the validator, you will have a shared 2-OF-2 address with the validator, this will prevent this type of attacks as the validator's won't allow such transactions or manipulations.
Once the Validator allows a transaction and process it, you won't be able to issue an attack as you will need the agreement of the Validator. Unless you corrupt the validator, which means breaking SafeNetwork, regroupoing the framents and then decrypting them, all of this, just to get at the validator and try to corrupt a single address. These steps are actually not feasable, maybe in 10 or 20 years using quantum computers or using a lazer computer with graphen components. Even if you do it, you won't be able to corrupt more then a single address, the one you will share with the validator because the addresses will change randomly.

Really intresting.

Does this system need multisig support in all the coins?
may be I'm wrong but I think Waves doesn't have multisig yet.

Another question: ever tought adding NEM to the supported coins?
NEM has multisig support, has assets, but no asset exchange yet.

Thanks for your feedback, i really appreciate it.

Comme par hazard, le responsable marketing de NEM nous a fais le plaisir de nous contacter aujourd'hui, j'espere pouvoir m'entretenir avec eux dans pas longtemps, c'est déja un excellent pas en avant car NVO veut travailler avec touts les projets Altcoin. On utilise counterparty, on stock sur maidsafe, on veut utiliser toutes les blockchains.

Regarding your question, here is one of the advantages of using SafeNet, we can create tailor made sollutions depending on each cryptocurrency, as some have solved the 0-conf problem, tx maleability or other flaws. Which means, no, it is nor mandatory but it will depend on how the crypto handles such problems.

Yes Waves doesn't support multisig.

I am the developer in charge of the validator, i decided not to create a blockchain as the Validator isn't meant to be competing against other blockchains, instead, he will complete them and use them and proof that they can be securely used safely. It wasn't really possible to explain these points into the whitepaper because it is a very wide subject as it will need a lot of time for each crypto.
valley365

Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:57:31 PM

You should show how much investment is made by people on crowdsale panel. I think this will be useful for investors. For example, BTC address is the same for each potantial supporter but you may do it by using tx of the coin or asset which was invested.

Secondly, i beg, please show total investment as $ on main page. We are tired of using a calculator. Smiley

These are simple things for you.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:19:11 AM

You should show how much investment is made by people on crowdsale panel. I think this will be useful for investors. For example, BTC address is the same for each potantial supporter but you may do it by using tx of the coin or asset which was invested.

Secondly, i beg, please show total investment as $ on main page. We are tired of using a calculator. Smiley

These are simple things for you.

I don't know who are you talking to sir, and I think you didn't see the investments which is on their website, there are a lot of coins used to invest there that is why we can't just total it out. The price is currenctly changing and it will be bothersome for them to update it every minute, because I know that if it goes wrong, someone will complain about it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: