Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:24:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CrowdSale Ended]🌟🌟🌟🌟 NVO Decentralized Exchange | MultiWallet 🌟🌟🌟🌟  (Read 169905 times)
22justin

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 01:00:04 AM

How is NVO different from Safe Exchange Coin??

Looking for the next 10x Small Cap for Q2 2018? $XBY (dApp Platform, New PoSign Algorithm), $SHIFT (dPoS Decentralized Web 3.0 on IFPS) & $BLOCK (Blockchain Agnostic DeX, atomic swaps)
Twitter: @Vancitycrypto
stunvn

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:03:51 AM

Why should I invest in this?

Do we really need a coin from a random exchange? Look at shapeshift.
papajamba

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:23:06 AM

Hi guys,

first of all, sorry for my (maybe answered) basic question. I've successfully transferred few LTCs from my personal Exodus wallet into NVO. Understood that from 1th of July all investors will receive certain amount of NVOT into their BTC wallet. In my case - exodus - how can I change the NVOT to BTC or another altcoin in the future? Within NVO app? Or I need to import private keys from exodus wallet into new counterparty wallet and do the exchange there?

Thank you so much for answering and please excuse my ignorance and poor english Smiley

a.
Use your counterparty wallet to convert NVOT later after the crowdfunding
_Ricardo_

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:45:43 AM

Good evening. In the deposit panel on the NVO site, my deposited funds are doubled. I put x in doge and it appeared 2x of doge  Huh. Some errors in checking the addresses.
hellflame

Activity: 40
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:19:17 AM

The counterwallet sweep function has not been working for a long time.

https://github.com/CounterpartyXCP/counterwallet/issues/818

https://counterpartytalk.org/c/support  (One poor guy was trying for 6 months...)

This means no-one will be able to redeem their NVO unless they go through a fairly complex, ten step raw transaction signing procedure.

What would you recommend? I have been wanting to invest in this but not feeling sure about the process.  I have invested in 2 ico's recently even though i am fairly new to the crypto world.  I understand what is being said to do to invest - just not confident in my abilities since i am a newb - its a little more complex than the other two ico's i invested in.

Which option do devs advise?Use bitcoin wallet or counterparty(bitcoin)wallet to send their funds from in order to have seamless conversion process?

*Counterparty wallet is technically web wallet.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 10:27:46 AM

Do we really need a coin from a random exchange? Look at shapeshift.
NVOT is a token, not a coin and this is not a "random exchange".

Good evening. In the deposit panel on the NVO site, my deposited funds are doubled. I put x in doge and it appeared 2x of doge  Huh. Some errors in checking the addresses.
There is an error with the API. It will be fixed today.

Which option do devs advise?Use bitcoin wallet or counterparty(bitcoin)wallet to send their funds from in order to have seamless conversion process?
In this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1917456.msg19226871#msg19226871, or in the dashboard.

*Counterparty wallet is technically web wallet.
Point being? The majority of web wallets do not offer private keys, and the users obviously aren't educated enough to make these kinds of calls (otherwise we would not have >50 people who made a mistake like this). Therefore, we have advised against all web wallets/exchanges/services with the exception of the counterparty wallet.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:17:14 PM

Cool at least we're not grudging, you're welcome, let me explain how its going to work.

The situation you describe is true in the case where the validator is a single entity hosted on SafeNet, even if in order to get the private keys, one must basically break safenet.

The difference now (and this is a disclosed information) will be run simultaneously from different wallets, each wallet will have its own validator Instance, its job is to verify the orders and the transaction informations. During a trade, if someone manages to get access to its private key, he will be the unique victime of his cheating attempt, as the other instances won't accept his order.

It doesn't means that NVO will allow 0 confirmation bitcoin transactions, at this stage it would be hypotethical, a minimum of 1 block confirmation is required, however, LN integration is a must, as it solves a lot of issues experienced by the DEXs, Segwit will be helpfull too.

Regarding the possibility to send a transaction with low fees, the different validators will check this information too as the minimum will be determined by the validator depending on the network state.

I know about Bitbay and BitHalo, and i understand that you defend your ideas about atomic trading Wink and i appreciate the exchange of idea.

Right, well I'm glad you re-read my response I wasn't attacking you. The problem is, it is not decentralized exchange. Linking 2 of 2 multisig is almost the same as 2 of 3 but slightly more secure.

The validator can SPOOF the buyer or seller and default on their obligation after getting a valid signature.

So the example:

Bob wants to send LTC to Alice for BTC

Bob forms 2 of 2 with unique validator, Alice forms 2 of 2 with unique validator (potentially the same one or not doesn't matter the attack is the same either way).

Bob signs to send LTC under the assumption that Alice will be beholden to being honest by the validator.

The problem? The validator IS ALICE (and potentially the 2nd signature in Bobs tx too).

Bob sends the LTC, Alice doesn't bother to send her BTC in fact she withdraws it and takes Bobs LTC.

This is a pretty serious attack and thus this cannot possibly be decentralized exchange.

Only a lightning network and AT are decentralized exchange (and potentially microtrading in a 2 of 2 double deposit escrow).

Again, I'm not trying to rattle your cage or "insult you". I definitely want more people doing projects that are more secure than modern exchanges. But what you propose in safe network is a series of green addresses 2 of 2 accounts. It doesn't eliminate the risk of theft at all. Thats because the validator could collude with buyer or seller. Whomever runs those servers has a lot of power to spoof deals.

The validator works as instances, is any instance is broken, the user won'tbe able to realise operations on the exchange.

Bob forms 2 of 2 with unique validator, Alice forms 2 of 2 with unique validator (potentially the same one or not doesn't matter the attack is the same either way).

Bob signs to send LTC under the assumption that Alice will be beholden to being honest by the validator.

The problem? The validator IS NOT ALICE (and potentially the 2nd signature in Bobs tx too).

Bob sends the LTC, Alice doesn't bother to send her BTC in fact she withdraws it and takes Bobs LTC.

The role of the validators is to check for the validity of informations, the instances won't trust each other and will cancel any order at the first sign of manipulation untill both parties release the funds.

Again there is no way to prove the validator is not colluding on a deal. Validators can spoof buyers or sellers. You can't cancel a signed transaction on any cryptographic network once an input is signed thats it. This is not trustless, it is a multisignature exchange.
nemgun (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 12:32:34 PM

Cool at least we're not grudging, you're welcome, let me explain how its going to work.

The situation you describe is true in the case where the validator is a single entity hosted on SafeNet, even if in order to get the private keys, one must basically break safenet.

The difference now (and this is a disclosed information) will be run simultaneously from different wallets, each wallet will have its own validator Instance, its job is to verify the orders and the transaction informations. During a trade, if someone manages to get access to its private key, he will be the unique victime of his cheating attempt, as the other instances won't accept his order.

It doesn't means that NVO will allow 0 confirmation bitcoin transactions, at this stage it would be hypotethical, a minimum of 1 block confirmation is required, however, LN integration is a must, as it solves a lot of issues experienced by the DEXs, Segwit will be helpfull too.

Regarding the possibility to send a transaction with low fees, the different validators will check this information too as the minimum will be determined by the validator depending on the network state.

I know about Bitbay and BitHalo, and i understand that you defend your ideas about atomic trading Wink and i appreciate the exchange of idea.

Right, well I'm glad you re-read my response I wasn't attacking you. The problem is, it is not decentralized exchange. Linking 2 of 2 multisig is almost the same as 2 of 3 but slightly more secure.

The validator can SPOOF the buyer or seller and default on their obligation after getting a valid signature.

So the example:

The problem? The validator IS ALICE (and potentially the 2nd signature in Bobs tx too).

This is a pretty serious attack and thus this cannot possibly be decentralized exchange.

Only a lightning network and AT are decentralized exchange (and potentially microtrading in a 2 of 2 double deposit escrow).

Again, I'm not trying to rattle your cage or "insult you". I definitely want more people doing projects that are more secure than modern exchanges. But what you propose in safe network is a series of green addresses 2 of 2 accounts. It doesn't eliminate the risk of theft at all. Thats because the validator could collude with buyer or seller. Whomever runs those servers has a lot of power to spoof deals.

The validator works as instances, is any instance is broken, the user won'tbe able to realise operations on the exchange.

The problem? The validator IS NOT ALICE (and potentially the 2nd signature in Bobs tx too).

The role of the validators is to check for the validity of informations, the instances won't trust each other and will cancel any order at the first sign of manipulation untill both parties release the funds.

Again there is no way to prove the validator is not colluding on a deal. Validators can spoof buyers or sellers. You can't cancel a signed transaction on any cryptographic network once an input is signed thats it. This is not trustless, it is a multisignature exchange.

It must first understand that the validator, is a sort of trinity, later the code will be open source time to get on the market, if the Christian religion has worked until now, it is thanks to its forks.

I said it's like a blockchain, without being one of them because the blockchains offer too much information, this blockchain will have to record the encrypted data, synchronizing the wallets, and placing the orders.

Now, the second part.

It is like a small smart contract, which will send the privkey to safenet, and store the decryption key into the blockchain, let's say that it is a smart contract that does a 2-of-2 multisig.
Like christians and the holy spirit, you feel it is present, there is a connection between you two, but you can not touch it because it is god-controlled, here it is the blockchain.

Now there is the safenet where we will store the information of jesu, the private keys, like the book of jesu, its change all the time, to add more love, to change parabola ...

Whenever there is a trade, the wallet will use a part of the safebrowser to create the private keys and send them to the safenet, retrieve the decription key and save it in the blockchain.

So, now the gas can be barred, and whatever someone wants to trade with it, whether it is or not, the blockchain knows which key it is, it will all sympathy create a small smart contract that will go Recover the key and exchange.

As a result, safenet will operate as a stokage website.

I have 4 months to find a name, at the moment it's "chrispilism", I know it's rotten, I'll find something else.

It remains only the 0 conf to elaborate, and I am in the process of reflecting, I would give the raiponse soon.

I forgot a small detail, at the end of each trade, another mimi smart contract will delete the private key and decryption key, that's where I explore the conf.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:52:20 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 05:19:03 PM by brian_nguyen

I have a few questions:

1. Will there be iOS and Android apps? I don't see that on the Roadmap.
Regarding fund release:
2. 30% release at the end of the crowdsale - How will token distribution calculated if you can only sell 30% of the altcoins?
3. 30% at the delivery of the beta wallet and first API Cluster - When will official wallet be released?
FULL_TILT

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 03:42:42 PM

Hello, can i ask how much money alredy raised in the crowdsale?
tia

Frank37

Activity: 770

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:13:15 PM

tia

You can check the balance of the adresses.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
gongeleven

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:22:24 PM

I registered NVO account and submited my bitcoin address,also get many altcoins private keys, but i have no idea for the next, does anybody can help me! by the way to tell me the altcoins private keys for what?
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:46:58 PM

is there some way to see how much we've contributed before the crowdsale goes final?

Is there someway to see that my contribution went through officially?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
GustavGans

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:20:39 PM

I am shortly before investing, but I have one (hopefully) last question.

At the end of the ICO the altcoins will be "exchanged" for bitcoins for the calculation of the amount of NVOT each investor gets (as I read in other posts). Will this exchange-factor be determined by real exchange rates (the NVO team exchanges the altcoins for btc in an exchange for real) or will it just be calculated with a factor say from coinmarketcap.com (1 ETH = 0,145 BTC) for example?

Thanks for your help Smiley
kuusj98

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:43:27 PM

Interesting concept, put 0.01BTC your way Smiley
nemgun (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 09:44:56 PM

I have a few questions:

1. Will there be iOS and Android apps? I don't see that on the Roadmap.
Regarding fund release:
2. 30% release at the end of the crowdsale - How will token distribution calculated if you can only sell 30% of the altcoins?
3. 30% at the delivery of the beta wallet and first API Cluster - When will official wallet be released?

1- Yes it is planned, they will be delivered at the same time, it is normal to deliver the wallet with all the possible version.
2- The exchange process will be handled by the escrows.
3- The wallets will be functionnal, the official release includes the dex, this is why we said Beta.

I registered NVO account and submited my bitcoin address,also get many altcoins private keys, but i have no idea for the next, does anybody can help me! by the way to tell me the altcoins private keys for what?

Yes, it was a small issue with the API, feel free to join us on slack if you have other issues.

is there some way to see how much we've contributed before the crowdsale goes final?

Is there someway to see that my contribution went through officially?

If you sent Bitcoin, you can check the TX in a block explorer, if it is confirmed, then it went through.

I am shortly before investing, but I have one (hopefully) last question.

At the end of the ICO the altcoins will be "exchanged" for bitcoins for the calculation of the amount of NVOT each investor gets (as I read in other posts). Will this exchange-factor be determined by real exchange rates (the NVO team exchanges the altcoins for btc in an exchange for real) or will it just be calculated with a factor say from coinmarketcap.com (1 ETH = 0,145 BTC) for example?

Thanks for your help Smiley

It will use factors from coinmarketcap, in order to keep the higher value during the exchange. As they will be exchanged on different exchanges in order not to dump the coins.

TravelMug

Activity: 2674
Merit: 854

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:49:34 PM

tia

As far as btc is concern currently it has already raised 364.34389961 BTC. Hope this helps.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
GustavGans

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:20:27 AM

It will use factors from coinmarketcap, in order to keep the higher value during the exchange. As they will be exchanged on different exchanges in order not to dump the coins.
[/quote]

The coin dumping was exactly what I was afraid of, thank you for the clarification. Really apreciate the patience you bring toward us!  Smiley
nemgun (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 11:06:17 AM

The coin dumping was exactly what I was afraid of, thank you for the clarification. Really apreciate the patience you bring toward us!  Smiley

You are welcome, it is in the interest of everyone (NVO and participants), it is better to exchange for example dash for btc when he is on the high.

mattermaster

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:59:46 PM

Bytheway, i have already submitted my private key to NVO for token distribution. I do not know well about third party exchangers, is it safe to have balance in the wallet linked to my private key?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: