Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:29:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148797 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:48:53 AM

Happy labor day to all our US friends.

There are a lot of ripple effects through the industry at the moment while the ICO news changes trader activity. Though in the end many, or even most of the ICO projects that we see launched are in 'business' for all the wrong reasons -- because they can sense the ability to get easy and fast money with no work done up front, and no contractual obligations to do anything, so they can walk away scot free.

A massive issue in this industry has been the influx of these type of developers, who marketing firms now actively seek to run aggressive advertising campaigns on behalf of, in the hopes that they can drum up enough excitement to sell the agreed number of tokens they are paid at a significant profit. There are also many novice developers who see the easy money possible, and enter the space making grandiose promises that they are not even aware that they will not be able to fulfil. Due diligence in the VC community means that only the best projects are funded, but it is also very limiting in who can invest, and the reduced options may slow innovation to some degree. ICOs sometimes sacrifice the quality of projects in exchange for the choice of many more of them, and easier access for the everyday person to participate. I certainly hope some middle ground can be found.

In the meantime, it appears that generally non-ICO funded projects like DNotes have sustained their value much better than all the alternatives at the markets. This may be due to concerns that organizations that raised money from Chinese investors through an ICO may be expected to return the funds raised - which may well cripple the project.

This scenario was entirely predicted, and regularly included in the discourse of this forum. DNotes has avoided diving into undertaking an ICO like many have before governments worldwide have an opportunity to respond to them, and avoiding retrospective punishments as a result. With all the bad actors, and novice developers who are unable to deliver on their promises, a combination of government regulatory oversight with investors wisening up could see an end to the most innovative aspects that ICOs offered, and a return to begging much more diligent and exclusive Venture Capitalists for money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 02:51:50 AM

Can anyone help me with this? I have a DNotes paper wallet and want to get it to DNotes Vault but don't know how. Any help is appreciated.

What happens to the time send smart contracts at DNotes Vault when the switch occurs to 2.0?

Great score on the world funding summit. Congrats DNotes team.

Hi aggie77,

There are a couple of different scenarios based on how you created your paper wallet. The most common paper type wallet should have a private or secret key listed which can be imported into the DNotes desktop wallet. The private key will be a long list of random looking characters. Once you download the wallet from DNotesCoin.com, follow the included instructions for creating the DNotes.conf, then open the wallet. Go to Help then Debug Window then Console and you can use the command importprivkey [YOURSECRETORPRIVATEKEY] YOURLABEL. That will import the private key into the wallet.

Ideally this process would be done from an offline computer, and you can encrypt your new wallet (settings then encrypt wallet) before bringing it online to update.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

SCeeYong

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:52:16 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 04:59:45 AM by SCeeYong

A vast expanse of deep red sea at https://coinmarketcap.com/ and elsewhere this morning  in response to the above news update!

A major correction in the market  from a SWOT perspective.

I do know that prices have often pulled back after a rally but am a little skeptical this round as China's investors seem to form  a significant portion of cryptocurrency players/holders and most new ICOs are based on ETH and may not hold as well as BTC.

The Chinese exchanges are selling the coins at super low prices; it's quite obvious it's a panic sell as apart from looking at  banning ICOs , the government will also be  investigating  the exchanges.

For long-term investors, better to just hold and ride out this storm.

Happy Labor Day to all of you in the US.

veso86

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:06:04 AM

It's also a good opportunity to get some discounted coins Smiley It is a good thing to have some form of regulations otherwise we have ICOs popping every hour. China being the first country to start working on this will be also the first country to launch regulated ICOs in the future. Hopefully other countries will follow once there is a working model that is successful.
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 09:25:12 AM

It's also a good opportunity to get some discounted coins Smiley It is a good thing to have some form of regulations otherwise we have ICOs popping every hour. China being the first country to start working on this will be also the first country to launch regulated ICOs in the future. Hopefully other countries will follow once there is a working model that is successful.

You make some good points there veso86. I agree that good coins supporting realistic and genuine projects will be hit by the same downturn. Grabbing some of these at the moment would make a lot of sense.

I also think that you've been really insightful, seeing that China is just as likely to be first to bring in regulated ICOs. And my guess is that ICOs that pass China's new regulations will automatically gain more market confidence. It will be an interesting one to watch.

I'm not surprised that China was the first country to act in this market. For a large government managing a huge population, I'm impressed by how agile and current they remain. I also have confidence in them to bring out a model of regulations that has a positive influence on ICOs in the future. And now that China has moved, I wonder how long it will take for other countries to follow their lead?

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:50:46 PM

Welcome to DNotes, veso86. It may take a little while for things to play out and settle down. This is a good time for portfolio adjustment. There are a lot of questionable projects/coins - so now is a good time to make some adjustments, especially if you can find your favorites at a bargain.

ICOs have gone wild. A few are getting very rich overnight at the expense of many. Reasonable regulations to ensure some consumers protection is healthy. Unfortunately, many law-makers are often ill-informed and reactive. I am concerned that this will lead to regulatory over-reach. I suspect that many other countries will follow China's lead. We always prefer to stay on the side of caution and take our time to do thing right, even if it takes longer to get there.
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:51:16 PM

A vast expanse of deep red sea at https://coinmarketcap.com/ and elsewhere this morning  in response to the above news update!

A major correction in the market  from a SWOT perspective.

I do know that prices have often pulled back after a rally but am a little skeptical this round as China's investors seem to form  a significant portion of cryptocurrency players/holders and most new ICOs are based on ETH and may not hold as well as BTC.

The Chinese exchanges are selling the coins at super low prices; it's quite obvious it's a panic sell as apart from looking at  banning ICOs , the government will also be  investigating  the exchanges.

For long-term investors, better to just hold and ride out this storm.

Happy Labor Day to all of you in the US.

Sept 5th, red sea now mostly green and, so it goes, I love a market that is quick to recover...  Grin

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 05:25:21 PM

Got the files back from BTCWise and updated the channel. Looks great and thanks again! but open to suggestions, if we need anything else.

DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:12:43 AM

The Collective Now Accepting Bitcoin from Tenants

https://dcebrief.com/the-collective-now-accepting-bitcoin-from-tenants/
TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 06:27:17 AM

Got the files back from BTCWise and updated the channel. Looks great and thanks again! but open to suggestions, if we need anything else.

My concern is that the font size is too small. The "Enabling peer to peer" font size is the bare minimum that I can read on the banner when looking at Youtube. Small print makes me nervous.

Maybe I get nervous from the line in the Tom Waits song, "Step Right Up" that says, "The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away."

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 07:18:03 AM

Mining BitcoinCash for a Loss

This article on Coin Desk raised some interesting points.

https://www.coindesk.com/miners-mining-bitcoin-cash-losing-money/

The article is about how over last weekend the difficulty of mining bitcoinCash went up by 300%. And how some miners including some of the large pools stuck with it anyway. Then it goes on to analyse possible reasons.

The first thing that jumped out at me is how fickle mining might be. If you have a rig setup that is able to skip between cryptocurrencies quickly and with minimal overhead, it makes sense to respond frequently to shifts in market value and mining difficulty. If this sort of rig became the norm, then transaction times for cryptocurrencies based on PoW would swing wildly. So suddenly, I'm even more relieved to know that DNotes2.0 is shifting to PoS.

I guess that if fast response rigs became common place, tuning a consortium to succeed in a 51% attack would become much easier too.

The other thing that they only touched on was that bitcoinCash has a mechanism to quickly compensate for excessive difficulty. To quote the article: "As a result, emergency difficulty adjustments (a technical mechanism unique to bitcoin cash) were triggered, causing the difficulty to drop enough for miners to begin switching back.

For me the code behind this raises another question. If the code is a public algorithm, which I suspect it is. And if the algorithm does not contain a randomising element, which I suspect is the case. Then a consortium could game the algorithm to give them an artificial advantage. It could be done by sending the network pulses of processing power designed to trigger the difficulty drop. Then inverting the pulse to throw a lot more work at solving the easy hashes, and increase their chance of mining that block. Knowing the algorithm and current amount of work going into the network should make calculating trigger and advantage points relatively simple.

And again I'm glad to know that DNotes2.0 is moving to PoS. 

The article goes on to speculate that there might be artificial incentive to mine being created by those who want the value of BitcoinCash to rise. It proposed that this could be achieved by offering a premium purchase price for newly minted BitcoinCash which only miners would have access too. This is certainly a very feasible idea. But shouldn't it also be easy to prove?

I would have thought that some code that explores the block chain and compares the sale price of transactions made on newly minted coins to the the average sale price at that time would provide solid evidence of this. Maybe some coder will do the work soon and it too will be news.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 12:36:14 PM

My concern is that the font size is too small. The "Enabling peer to peer" font size is the bare minimum that I can read on the banner when looking at Youtube. Small print makes me nervous.

Maybe I get nervous from the line in the Tom Waits song, "Step Right Up" that says, "The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away."

Thanks TimMarsh, adjusted the font sizes of the smaller items to match the sub title. Let me know if that is more easy to see.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 01:03:51 PM

Mining BitcoinCash for a Loss

This article on Coin Desk raised some interesting points.

https://www.coindesk.com/miners-mining-bitcoin-cash-losing-money/

The article is about how over last weekend the difficulty of mining bitcoinCash went up by 300%. And how some miners including some of the large pools stuck with it anyway. Then it goes on to analyse possible reasons.

The first thing that jumped out at me is how fickle mining might be. If you have a rig setup that is able to skip between cryptocurrencies quickly and with minimal overhead, it makes sense to respond frequently to shifts in market value and mining difficulty. If this sort of rig became the norm, then transaction times for cryptocurrencies based on PoW would swing wildly. So suddenly, I'm even more relieved to know that DNotes2.0 is shifting to PoS.

I guess that if fast response rigs became common place, tuning a consortium to succeed in a 51% attack would become much easier too.

The other thing that they only touched on was that bitcoinCash has a mechanism to quickly compensate for excessive difficulty. To quote the article: "As a result, emergency difficulty adjustments (a technical mechanism unique to bitcoin cash) were triggered, causing the difficulty to drop enough for miners to begin switching back.

For me the code behind this raises another question. If the code is a public algorithm, which I suspect it is. And if the algorithm does not contain a randomising element, which I suspect is the case. Then a consortium could game the algorithm to give them an artificial advantage. It could be done by sending the network pulses of processing power designed to trigger the difficulty drop. Then inverting the pulse to throw a lot more work at solving the easy hashes, and increase their chance of mining that block. Knowing the algorithm and current amount of work going into the network should make calculating trigger and advantage points relatively simple.

And again I'm glad to know that DNotes2.0 is moving to PoS. 

The article goes on to speculate that there might be artificial incentive to mine being created by those who want the value of BitcoinCash to rise. It proposed that this could be achieved by offering a premium purchase price for newly minted BitcoinCash which only miners would have access too. This is certainly a very feasible idea. But shouldn't it also be easy to prove?

I would have thought that some code that explores the block chain and compares the sale price of transactions made on newly minted coins to the the average sale price at that time would provide solid evidence of this. Maybe some coder will do the work soon and it too will be news.

You have identified some of the more intricate issues cryptocurrency is already experiencing with PoW. Many of these issues do not manifest in bitcoin (or others in the largest market caps) because the hashrate is so high and there is a finite amount of hashing power, so the fluctuations are minimal. So they are not as widely known, as the focus is on larger currencies. The introduction of things like bitcoin cash will magnify these issues and bring them to light for everyone else.

With many of the other cryptocurrencies, mostly with different algorithms and smaller market caps, where jumping around is more advantageous.... There is much more "gaming the system". We have things like multipools and mining software built specifically to hop between pools, resulting in all sorts of network related issues. Such as unpredictable block times and network support. It is quite amazing how quickly the network of miners move according to the price. There are modifications to the blockchain, some of which DNotes has incorporated, however this approach will always leave you behind the curve. Constantly making updates to combat manipulation. Constantly fighting the miners the perform an upgrade that will ultimately result in reducing their ability to game system (why would they want that?). Constantly introducing new variables and potential bugs. All on a slow to upgrade network, causing constant forks and network disruptions.

The scales are tipped highly in favor of PoS for many reasons, and we believe the future of PoS developments will continue to tip the scales even more in favor of PoS.

sl-avik

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:54:59 PM

hi,
I invest in Note some number btc and now need some more information about date of the swapping (or starting swap)
I read that this date near end of sept., but Nexium project close to this date, so please detail this question
also i want invest next part of my deposit if will more information
I think that Note looks like Neos before swap and will x10-x20 in near futures
so I and my group wish wise develop for all DNotes team  
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 07:34:07 PM

hi,
I invest in Note some number btc and now need some more information about date of the swapping (or starting swap)
I read that this date near end of sept., but Nexium project close to this date, so please detail this question

Hi sl-avik, welcome to the DNotes forum! I am unable to provide date at this time, we should have a better idea next week.

MiningHabit

Activity: 207

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:39:57 PM

Hey team, been meaning to ask...are there efforts underway to secure a new exchange relationship? The issues with Polo the other day indicate our exchange situation is a risk factor and was wondering if there were efforts to mitigate our nose being open b/c of reliance on Polo.

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:44:19 PM

hi,

Hi sl-avik, welcome to the DNotes forum! I am unable to provide date at this time, we should have a better idea next week.

You guys are right about POS. POS or some form yet to be coded, is the future. Mining is too fickle and gives the big operators way too much control of the situation. When decisions are made strictly based on possible future profit, or a small, quick immediate profit,  the entire thing breaks down. Even on the smaller scale at which I mine, when large operators jump in and out of small pools purely for a little profit, it hurts everyone and, it takes the fun and novelty out of the equation.

And then there is the huge problem of power consumption and heat generation not to mention the resources being used to design and create the equipment. This last one is really a double edged sword. A lot of tech has come out of designing ASICs but, a lot of resources have gone into building them. And so it goes, there truly is no such thing as a "free lunch"

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:27:25 PM

Just released:

A snapshot of the program for day one at the World Funding Summit. Blockchain, cryptocurrency, and ICO's are hot topics on the minds of everyone involved in all aspects of finance - they are opening the summit!

TO ALL OUR FOLLOWERS - we are super excited to present you with a snapshot of our amazing program for Day One featuring some of the most powerful and forward-looking people in finance (see our SPEAKERS http://worldfundingsummit.com/speakers). Make sure you sign up on the event website and stay tuned for updates about a very special Day Two.

DAY ONE, Friday, November 17, LA Convention Center (subject to change)
9:00 – 10:00 am Liquidity wanted: call for alternative venture exchanges and blockchain enabled platforms
10:15-11:15 am ICO & Cryptocurrency Introductory Track: Here Comes the Future

11:15 - 12:30 pm Confessions of Venture Capitalists: the truth about the venture capital model and how it might be different in the new digital era
12:30- 1:00 pm Royalties as the alternative way for both investing in/ financing of ventures and projects
1:00- 1:30 pm Microfinance transforming lives: from the third world to the new world
1:30-2:30 pm Fintech connecting the world: meet your global partners
2:30 -3:30 pm Finding an angel or becoming one: angel investing redefined
3:30 - 4:30 pm Capital Wanted – War Stories and Invaluable Insights From Top Financiers and Entrepreneurs
SESSION A: IPO Interrupted: Liquidity Evolution and Future Paths to Success
SESSION B: Goldman Sachs 10,000 small businesses initiative: $500 million investment program
SESSION C: Obtaining foreign capital through investment visas/EB-5 programs
Session D: Film financing: how I found the winning formula
4:30 -5:30 pm Capital for Underserved Markets and Communities
5:30 – 6:00 pm Special Closing Presentation

DAY TWO, Saturday, November 18...

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/world%2Bfunding%2Bsummit/keywords_blended_featured_posts?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 01:57:40 AM

Hey team, been meaning to ask...are there efforts underway to secure a new exchange relationship? The issues with Polo the other day indicate our exchange situation is a risk factor and was wondering if there were efforts to mitigate our nose being open b/c of reliance on Polo.

Hey MiningHabit, after the launch of DNotes 2.0 and the dust settles a bit we can more actively pursue additional exchanges to get us listed in more places.

TimMarsh

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 03:09:08 AM

Thanks TimMarsh, adjusted the font sizes of the smaller items to match the sub title. Let me know if that is more easy to see.

Yes, this old man can read it now. Thanks. And that was really quick too.

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: