Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:45:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:35:47 AM

It is very demanding and costly to build a top notch exchange. We are committed to build our own and do it right. It will cost $ millions and may take a little longer. But that is a vital component of our fully integrated system. If I have my way, we will have the best customer services - something annoying lacking in our industry.

I think you may be right about a top notch exchange costing millions of dollars to set up. If anyone can do it, DNotes Global can. Good customer service is an absolute necessity, but tough to keep up with when you're growing rapidly. I think you have to over-hire tech support reps and consider it good when at times some of them are standing around doing nothing.

Congratulations on the Geneca partnership!

And Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Tech support is the life blood of any company dealing with the public. As Alan knows, I founded two tech companies, one a networking contractor and PC sales and the other a national Internet provider with several education focused physical locations. My partners and I saw eye to eye on most things except the value of tech support. They were focused mainly on the technology, which is of course important but, not if customers can't use it.

I remember us going round and round at board meetings about where to concentrate growth after new customer acquisition. Mostly we ended up spending on techs, engineers and hardware and what ever was left over was allocated to support staff. In the the end, this is what finally killed us along with the advent of cable Internet. I can't help thinking what things might have been if we had less engineers and more marketing people who understood the customer relationship and the need for a live voice at the other end of the phone. Never forget the human touch, it's what separates the winners from the rest of the pack.

As for DNotes, I'm sure you will do fine. The various talents that currently make up the "team" compliment each other nicely. If you can, at worst, agree to disagree, then you have a head start.

PS: Wasn't all bad, we sold one for a nice profit and the other was a wash.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
R-J-F

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:00:56 AM

So, anyone have thoughts on the recent market crash? Are Futures Contracts causing instability? Market manipulation? Seems rather odd how quickly it happened and, how deeply. Also odd how one commercial trader predicted it almost exactly...

There is a lot of politics in the background of course, but honestly a crash was imminent anyway. Bitcoin is a constantly uptrending roller coaster. And a roller coaster sometimes goes a little down to then go up even faster. Bitcoin will recover regardless of Roger Ver and the crap he is talking all day.

I'm going to have to disagree with your roller-coaster metaphor dzonikg28, but stand with you on your intended points. In fact, I'm going to go a step further. Roger Ver is talking about the weaknesses of bitcoin and this seems to be hurting its value. The more the large holders and miners see value being hurt by disfunctionality in bitcoin, the more they are likely to support genuine improvements to its code. And the more the code behind bitcoin improves, and the more useful bitcoin is, the higher its true value can climb.

As for futures contracts and commercial traders manipulating the price, I think it is unlikely. I have no doubt that given the skill and opportunity, they would certainly do it. And I imagine that the current low is a great time for them to buy a reserve to sell futures against. I just don't think they've got what it takes to pull it off. But that doesn't mean there hasn't been an incidental effect. It is hard for the whales to cash-out a significant amount without impacting the price. But selling a chunk to futures traders is a good opportunity and it is possible that taking advantage of that has hit the price a little.

This article from a couple of days ago talks about the concept:
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-12-21/bitcoin-billionaires-may-have-found-a-way-to-cash-out

But I'm most comfortable putting it down to the range of complex influences that have caused previous dips in prices. Some of it might be algorithmic trading. Maybe after watching it climb fast, unreasonable expectations have made the slight slowdown seem worrisome. Possibly the fact that bitcoin has attracted many inexperienced investors to try their hand means the market is more emotional and reactive than more standard types of investments. Maybe the weather has more to do with the price of bitcoin than its functionality does. How about Christmas putting a pinch on budgets causing investors to cash in despite a drop in price? If the Christmas budget theory is correct, maybe we can expect a leap in price as people invest their cash presents where they'd never risk money earned through hard work.

So the only thing I know for sure is that Jamie Dimon is green with jealousy that the market ignored him, but reacts when Roger Ver goes public. But you've got to be enjoying the media circus that spends a month calling bitcoin a bubble, and then when the price dips, writes pages speculating about what strange thing could have interrupted such a strong climb.

It bugs me that people are quick to blame Roger Ver's public statements (or anyone else's) for Bitcoin's major price correction, which it was due for anyway. I agree that the way he went about it wasn't exactly professional. That said, Bitcoin really does have some serious flaws. Someone famous or not famous should be able to speak honestly about those flaws without being called a traitor to the cause. Ultimately, Bitcoin will need to address its weaknesses and adapt or it will over time work its way into obsolescence. Regardless of what Jamie Dimon and Roger Ver say or don't say, 17+ minute block confirm times, $20 transaction fees, and lack of scalability are simply not going to work. So you either address these issues right in the code, or you look for a good opportunity to sell any holdings or use them to buy other coins with better technology. Although I go through Bitcoin to make my trades like everyone else, it's been several years since I've had any significant BTC holdings. Recognizing its inherent problems has been part of the reason.

Roger has his reasons for sure but your right, no one statement from any of the current crop of talking heads can cause such a major correction. There are unseen forces at work as in any public market that are amplified in ours due to it's unregulated nature. Personally, I don't think that is all so bad but, in a business sense, it is a problem. You need to make decisions based on intelligence and projections you can count on. If you base those decisions on the current market, you will, sooner than later, take a major hit.

Solutions? Well, if you're a business owner, change the way you make projections and allocate resources for the future. Learn, listen, watch, use the abundance of information at your fingertips to help you make those decisions. Stay flexible, maintain healthy reserves and don't fly by "the seat of your pants", be careful and listen to your peers. This is the new reality, the old ways are due to fade away along with their stability and, lack of creativity.

In the new paradigm, if it didn't work yesterday, chances are it will tomorrow and that brings up the elephant in the room, accepting change as a good thing and making the most of it. Those who can do that will not only survive but thrive. Embrace new ideas and technology or perish. But above all else, don't be afraid to try a new way of doing things, it just might work better than you expect.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:23:05 AM

...be careful and listen to your peers.

I think that part of your post is worth singling out. So many people miss it, but the cryptocurrency industry is primarily one of networking. If all you see is the price of Bitcoin you miss out. If all you focus on is the technology, you miss out. It's about the people who develop the technology and whose accomplishments impact the price of digital currencies, and about the relationships you make and what you learn from each of the people you connect with.

I look at fundamentals in choosing whether or not to invest in a coin, but at the end of the day, every coin I hold, I probably bought it or earned it because of a relationship I developed with someone who was either involved in developing it or really liked it or someone I met in the process of checking out the fundamentals.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:08:24 AM

It is very demanding and costly to build a top notch exchange. We are committed to build our own and do it right. It will cost $ millions and may take a little longer. But that is a vital component of our fully integrated system. If I have my way, we will have the best customer services - something annoying lacking in our industry.

I think you may be right about a top notch exchange costing millions of dollars to set up. If anyone can do it, DNotes Global can. Good customer service is an absolute necessity, but tough to keep up with when you're growing rapidly. I think you have to over-hire tech support reps and consider it good when at times some of them are standing around doing nothing.

Congratulations on the Geneca partnership!

And Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Tech support is the life blood of any company dealing with the public. As Alan knows, I founded two tech companies, one a networking contractor and PC sales and the other a national Internet provider with several education focused physical locations. My partners and I saw eye to eye on most things except the value of tech support. They were focused mainly on the technology, which is of course important but, not if customers can't use it.

I remember us going round and round at board meetings about where to concentrate growth after new customer acquisition. Mostly we ended up spending on techs, engineers and hardware and what ever was left over was allocated to support staff. In the the end, this is what finally killed us along with the advent of cable Internet. I can't help thinking what things might have been if we had less engineers and more marketing people who understood the customer relationship and the need for a live voice at the other end of the phone. Never forget the human touch, it's what separates the winners from the rest of the pack.

As for DNotes, I'm sure you will do fine. The various talents that currently make up the "team" compliment each other nicely. If you can, at worst, agree to disagree, then you have a head start.

PS: Wasn't all bad, we sold one for a nice profit and the other was a wash.

RJF, I certainly remember the long discussion about our business background. You should visit us again when you have a chance. The farm has doubled its size to 70 acres and already fully planted. It is stunning at peak bloom in July. I am building a second home there with plenty of room for our guests. We may have a small DNotes conference there one day. We are also thinking of naming one of the daylilies I created “DNotes”. What do you guys think of that idea? It may be another small step that can contribute to DNotes mass acceptance.

Absolutely correct. Great customer services, including tech support is the life blood of any company dealing with the public. For that matter, every company has customers, and in business to service the needs and wants of their customers.

A full-service exchange is an integral part of our fully integrated ecosystems. When we are ready to make that commitment, it will include a commitment to be the best in class including customers support and the most robust security. In the meantime, our top priorities are launching DNotes 2.0, Mini-IPO funding, ramping up NextGen VC. These are the three big projects for 2018, with a lot of smaller related projects. It is time for DNotes to shine.

Thank you all for your support. Merry Christmas.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:12:40 AM

I think that part of your post is worth singling out. So many people miss it, but the cryptocurrency industry is primarily one of networking. If all you see is the price of Bitcoin you miss out. If all you focus on is the technology, you miss out. It's about the people who develop the technology and whose accomplishments impact the price of digital currencies, and about the relationships you make and what you learn from each of the people you connect with.

I look at fundamentals in choosing whether or not to invest in a coin, but at the end of the day, every coin I hold, I probably bought it or earned it because of a relationship I developed with someone who was either involved in developing it or really liked it or someone I met in the process of checking out the fundamentals.

Great points, Wiser. It's also important for the digital currency to have a purpose that supporters can relate to and believe in. That is what will set DNotes apart from others.

Merry Christmas!
R-J-F

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:51:47 AM

Great points, Wiser. It's also important for the digital currency to have a purpose that supporters can relate to and believe in. That is what will set DNotes apart from others.

Merry Christmas!

Alan,

Thanks for the invitation! I'll be out that way in May, perhaps a side trip is in order. I'll check in with you later on that. In the mean time, Merry Christmas to you, Joe,  and the whole Dnotes & Smokey's team!

Bob

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:14:06 AM

Merry Christmas!

Alan,

Thanks for the invitation! I'll be out that way in May, perhaps a side trip is in order. I'll check in with you later on that. In the mean time, Merry Christmas to you, Joe,  and the whole Dnotes & Smokey's team!

Bob

Bob,

Certainly. I will be there in May though there will not be as much the see. Daylilies start blooming in mid June with peak bloom in July. Also the new house will be still under construction in May and completed in June. However, I will be delighted to see you again anytime.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Alan
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:09:15 PM

I found a short video recap from the World Funding Summit (that Alan and Joe attended in November for those of you who didn't know). It's great to see what else was going on there, and must have been awesome to be there in person.

The World Funding Summit Recap ~ The Future is Now  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx5CzW_lUZ4&feature=youtu.be

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:31:18 PM

The article below is worth reading. It's a good reminder of the "Wild West" realities that is still rampant in our industry. Unless it is brought under control, mass acceptance of digital currency is a pipe dream. We are committed to make a difference, even at a high cost.

Businessman Suffered Losses in Moolah: Risks in Digital Currency Exchanges

Several businessmen have suffered losses when trading for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in online exchanges as of late September 2017. Among the investors who were victimized are Dan Wasyluk and his colleagues.

According to Wasyluk, they lost 750 Bitcoin, which are worth around $3 mln at current prices, at a company operating a virtual currency exchange called Moolah. He further added that there is little chance that they will recover their money.

“It really was kind of a kneecapping of the project. If you are starting an exchange and you lose clients’ money, you or your company should be 100 percent accountable for that loss. And right now there is nothing like that in place.”

Why are cryptocurrencies risky?
Read more: https://cointelegraph.com/news/businessman-suffered-losses-in-moolah-risks-in-digital-currency-exchanges
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 03:41:16 PM

I found a short video recap from the World Funding Summit (that Alan and Joe attended in November for those of you who didn't know). It's great to see what else was going on there, and must have been awesome to be there in person.

The World Funding Summit Recap ~ The Future is Now  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx5CzW_lUZ4&feature=youtu.be

Thanks Chase! Yes it was awesome to be there in person and hear from all the experts, and gain a better understanding of the direction of funding, VC, crowdfunding, and the excitement for cryptocurrency and ICO solutions in that world. As a reminder here are a few clips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8uS1YN-Y4c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKGZxrXOnJY
https://youtu.be/UR_07R7yTmo

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:42:03 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 05:09:25 PM by Dyna

The World Funding Summit Recap ~ The Future is Now  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx5CzW_lUZ4&feature=youtu.be

Thank you, Chase. It was good to note that I was in the very few screen shots selected for this brief video.
DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:52:32 PM

Bitcoin Price Volatility Continues

https://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-price-volatility-continues/
BTCWise

Activity: 267
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 06:55:01 PM

All the hard work is starting to pay off. DNotes is currently trading at 0.00000227 on the DNotes Vault website: https://dnotesvault.com Keep up the good work guys Grin

cryptokrazy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:59:55 PM

Is https://dnotespool.com reliable?

Thinking of switching my L3+ to mine Dnotes.
BTCWise

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 07:03:45 PM

Hi cryptokrazy, would you be able to share any tutorials on how to mine DNotes? I would like to get involved with mining but I'm not sure how or where to start. I'm sure it will be profitable to mine DNotes if the price continues on uptrend. Thank you in advance Smiley

cryptokrazy

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:06:33 PM

Hi cryptokrazy, would you be able to share any tutorials on how to mine DNotes? I would like to get involved with mining but I'm not sure how or where to start. I'm sure it will be profitable to mine DNotes if the price continues on uptrend. Thank you in advance Smiley

Not really sure. I'm at the Getting Started page of the pool I mentioned above, but just see config examples for GPU miners. Not sure how to set up to mine on ASICs.
BTCWise

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 07:13:49 PM

Hi DNotes team. I just realized something. I don't know if you guys are aware that some faucets are encouraging some of its users to earn free bitcoin by using their browsers to mine for Bitcoin. I'm not sure how this works but don't you think this would be a cool way of encouraging people to use DNotes. They will be able to mine DNotes for free with their browser while logged into their DNotes Vault account. This will shine more light on DNotes and the benefits of using the crypto-currency.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:17:47 PM

Not really sure. I'm at the Getting Started page of the pool I mentioned above, but just see config examples for GPU miners. Not sure how to set up to mine on ASICs.

Hi BTCWise, and welcome to DNotes cryptokrazy. There is a "How to Mine DNotes" tutorial on DNotesEDU that may help  -  https://dnotesedu.com/digital-currency/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
BTCWise

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 07:18:40 PM

Perhaps the DNotes team could make a detailed video tutorial on how to mine the coin. All the technical jargon on the Getting Started Guide is too complicated for me. I think a video guide would be very helpful especially for those of us who are newbs when it comes to mining crypto-currencies Smiley

Xaro

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:39:07 PM

Hi Dnotes & fellow supporters,

Thought it was about time I registered and dropped a message in this forum!

I am new to crypto currencies and have spent the last few months researching relevant topics and looking through the mountains of coins available..

I must say the work that you guys are doing is amazing and you're without a doubt one of the most exciting projects!

Caught my eye from the very start and love the community that has been built around Dnotes.

Happy to be a part of this! Smiley

Xaro
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: