Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:16:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin  (Read 31296 times)
dokinna

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:36:50 AM

The ease and speed of anonymous bitcoin transactions is reportedly a strong reason many parties use bitcoin for criminality. The newest is ransomware wannacry that asks for ransom in the form of bitcoin. But not a strong reason that bitcoin is always used for criminality, I think bitcoin is mostly used for good things like ICO instead of being used for criminality

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:57:25 AM

The ease and speed of anonymous bitcoin transactions is reportedly a strong reason many parties use bitcoin for criminality. The newest is ransomware wannacry that asks for ransom in the form of bitcoin. But not a strong reason that bitcoin is always used for criminality, I think bitcoin is mostly used for good things like ICO instead of being used for criminality
can't be denied that bitcoin is the perfect tool to serve as a transaction like that and can increase crime. we also can't fully blame bitcoin because bitcoin is just a tool and the one who decides to commit a crime is owner. just blaming not being able to solve this problem a should make an idea for decrease the criminality.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:06:30 AM

There are a lot of criminals out there and scamming online in social Medias before we can have bitcoin. There are a lot of criminals out there in this world that they will not choose who will go to be their victims. Even if the person is not rich they will still scam people. So I don't think that you give criminals an option to think that they can use bitcoin. Or should I say how did you say that? Do you know someone that is criminal because of bitcoin?

I think what OP's trying to say is those people who are using bitcoin in an illegal way, like buying illegal drugs, and firearms online---in the deep web. But the scammers can't be called as a criminal, the right term for them is "useless" people, "lazy" people, because that is the only way they know on how to earn money by scamming people, especially the newbie in the crypto world.
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:44:21 AM

Bitcoin is not the problem it is the people who uses it in illegal ways are responsible. Bitcoin is not different in paper money but only in values and system. All currencies can be involved in evil transactions in any ways.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 11:43:13 AM

Bitcoin is not the problem it is the people who uses it in illegal ways are responsible. Bitcoin is not different in paper money but only in values and system. All currencies can be involved in evil transactions in any ways.
I agree with you, there is no exemption for any currency in the world because they are all connected for illegal things in the world because as long as it is money and can be send on a transaction then it can be used in illegal way, it is just coincidence that bitcoin is anonymous so it has a higher percentage in usage in terms of criminality.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:41:12 PM

The fact is that the increase in crime rates is increasing. They use bitcoin as a transactional tool difficult to trace by the police. So they feel comfortable to increase their criminal acts.

Which criminal gang is using bitcoin, I don't think they are using bitcoin. Most of the terrorists who found in Asian and European region, using USD for the black market transaction.
Is there are visible evidence on bitcoin being used in these activities? If there please share it here.
in many terrorist sometimes they are using bitcoin as the mode of payment in everything that they are doing, why? because bitcoin is anonymous, just like we can earn bitcoin anonymously without getting notice of everyone. we cannot prohibit them from when and where they want to earn bitcoin and spend it, everyone is free to whom we are using it.

zedsacs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 05:26:33 AM

Not all of the news out there are inclined with Bitcoin.
How can bitcoin be a cause of a crime, I mean yea it's possible but not that real. We all know that bitcoin can be use in any other stuffs out there, but I don't think that many people out there know what bitcoin is. I mean, if you are just sa moron criminal, it's almost impossible to you to earn bitcoin, ofcourse you will choose to make crime rather than earning bitcoin and we all know that bitcoin is hard to earn.

▄▄████▄▄         
     ▄▄████████████▄▄       
 ▄▄████████████████████▄▄ 
██████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███▀▀▀       
███████▀                 
███████    ▄██▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████   ██████   ▐██████
███████    ▀██▀    ▐██████
███████▄          ▄███████
██████████▄▄  ▄▄██████████
 ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
     ▀▀████████████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀
GlobaTalent██████
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██
         ▄▄████▄▄         
     ▄▄████████████▄▄       
 ▄▄████████████████████▄▄ 
██████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███▀▀▀       
███████▀                 
███████    ▄██▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████   ██████   ▐██████
███████    ▀██▀    ▐██████
███████▄          ▄███████
██████████▄▄  ▄▄██████████
 ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
     ▀▀████████████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀
██████
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
    ██
▇▇ Read our Whitepaper ▇▇
Telegram
Facebook
Medium
Twitter
ANN Thread
Bounty
Robotbitcoin22

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 05:34:38 AM

Hmm maybe all countries think to legalize bitcoin for criminal reasons. People can buy drugs or bombs through bitcoin payments.
But hopefully there is something new about bitcoin so everyone can enjoy the technology
L00n3y

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 01:29:05 PM

Crimanality has known to be in this world since ages. The unending she'd of blood and tears and wasting of life, piracy and thief is there. The wrongs of the world is here even before BTC came along.

BTC have been used in the Deepweb known as the silk road. Because of that, it's been a hindrance to many to try BTC because of fear that it is illegal. Since then many other alts are being g made and try to take down BTC at the top. Because of the usage and potential that it brings to transactions, cryptocurrencies is being used by many legally and illegally.

Bitcoin is just a medium (digital medium), and criminality is the act. If we're thinking that BTC should be banned instead of " we fight for the goodness of humanity" then we won't succeed. The problem is don't lie on what we use here, but the people who uses it.
It is like saying that because of fiat there raise a significant number of crimes happening around like theft, abduction, and etc. The point is that Bitcoin is a currency like an online money, a medium in transaction like fiat hence it can be used both in legal or illegal way, good or bad that depends on the hands of the person or people holding it. What needs to be done is catch these criminals since criminals are also modernizing then they need to level up rather than being a simpleton like let us just ban Bitcoin or take it away or even destroy it which is not an actual solution.

True. Like the accident problem in field trips in my country, they are implementing a lot of rules and when still failed now they are banning all the field trips Nationwide. I think they are missing the great picture. Instead of implementing a rule on strictly having a regular maintenance on buses and vans and a professional driver then it might save lives than banning all of the field trips. It's just an example and same to Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not the problem here, the problem is the abusement of usage in power.
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 01:32:02 PM

i doubt it.
criminal activities were happening even before bitcoin. for example the ransomware that everyone is talking about these days have been around a very long time before bitcoin was created!

and besides since bitcoin doesn't offer real anonymity it can not really help the criminals as much as things like hard cash helps them.
Exactly criminality right now is anywhere and even bitcoin doesn't exist its still there. Bitcoin cant help criminals because only few accepts bitcoin as a real money.

maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 01:38:50 PM

i doubt it.
criminal activities were happening even before bitcoin. for example the ransomware that everyone is talking about these days have been around a very long time before bitcoin was created!

and besides since bitcoin doesn't offer real anonymity it can not really help the criminals as much as things like hard cash helps them.
Exactly criminality right now is anywhere and even bitcoin doesn't exist its still there. Bitcoin cant help criminals because only few accepts bitcoin as a real money.

i agree with you, we should be careful and stay away from criminals. bitcoin can be used for criminals especially for money laundering because with the anonymously that bitcoin have, its give a power for people which is make corruption to buy bitcoin with their money and save it for a while until the news is gone and not track by any of legal on the country and then they can withdraw it back into fiat for some part of bitcoin until they can have their money's back.
moooonu

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 01:52:35 PM

i doubt it.

Bitcoin is a currency as innocent as any real currency created for the purpose of changing things and lives of people in a good way but it got used by wrong hands which made it look bad to others.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 01:54:04 PM

I'm also concerned about the same but blaming bitcoins is like saying that earlier there were no crimes that were taking place. If we compare the criminal statistics, technology has improved and reduced the criminals stats compared to the earlier days when there were too many crimes taking place and there was no way to detect the same. Bitcoins, social sites are not being targetted and connected as these crimes can be traced. It's their excuse but we know that any currency whether physical or crypto can be misused for criminal activities. When world war II took place, bitcoins were not the reason.

Kisanaq

Merit: 277

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:38:58 PM

Bitcoin are anonymous so that it can be used by anyone to the transaction, is no exception the criminals, they utilize bitcoin because bank transactions are easy to tracked, but we must aware to stop this issued so bitcoin use for legal payment.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:58:56 PM

Not exactly bitcoin is not giving complete anonymity it's not that truth after bitcoin cyber crime incresed even the person who's able to create virus must be knowing about bitcoin . There is lots of real world robbers taking hard cash so that do you mean cash is the only reason of criminality
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 07:34:49 PM

There are a lot of criminals out there and scamming online in social Medias before we can have bitcoin. There are a lot of criminals out there in this world that they will not choose who will go to be their victims. Even if the person is not rich they will still scam people. So I don't think that you give criminals an option to think that they can use bitcoin. Or should I say how did you say that? Do you know someone that is criminal because of bitcoin?
Yes, I agree with you not only before the bitcoin but even earlier than that if we look at the era when the human beings used to live in the jungle even at that time was the concept criminals and innocent present. From that very time we have noticed that there are people who will do anything for their interest to be fulfilled and will not think for the victims if they are using any crypto or fiat for crime and criminal the medium doesn’t matter at all.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 07:53:43 PM

Even without bitcoin, crime has been with the society since the beginning. It just that the criminals found a way for them to commit crimes more convenient by using bitcoin. They are using it as a mode of payments on their criminal services and by selling illegal things and bitcoin is their mode of payment.

Absolutely spot on, crime has been since Adam and so I don't know why they want to attach it to Bitcoin? No matter regulated a state is you cannot control how each individual should use his money or digital currency. They have the perogative to exercise their rights.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 08:34:40 PM

Not all of the news out there are inclined with Bitcoin.
How can bitcoin be a cause of a crime, I mean yea it's possible but not that real. We all know that bitcoin can be use in any other stuffs out there, but I don't think that many people out there know what bitcoin is. I mean, if you are just sa moron criminal, it's almost impossible to you to earn bitcoin, ofcourse you will choose to make crime rather than earning bitcoin and we all know that bitcoin is hard to earn.
I guess we are listening to such type of comments because of the anonymity of the Bitcoin. People may consider the Bitcoin as a medium for covering the illegal activities because they may think that before the bitcoin there was no crime and criminals. I really don’t understand this concept of the people. We can see that most of the drug cartel agencies deal in the Dollars for the exchange of the services and goods they provide you illegal.
nightxglow

Merit: 251

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 09:14:27 PM

It's true that there are some criminality that use bitcoin. It's not strange at all because bitcoin is anonymous and quite harder to track instead of real money.
But we can't blame bitcoin for that, since even if it's not bitcoin, they still can use another thing for their criminality.
So even there's not bitcoin, the crime will still go on. It's just unlucky that they mostly use bitcoin and then the fame of bitcoin is kinda bad because people relate bitcoin to criminality now, though it's not 100% true.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:34:03 PM

I think criminality can happen not only using bitcoin but also other  other currency.
Like two sides of a coin.
It is the same with any other currency, the media is just trying to get people not to get involved with Bitcoin because they know that people will either get rich or they are scared that the people will start a digital currency revolution.
USD has a bunch of criminals using it though they aren’t trying to ban it by any means.

Correct, and no one is trying to ban the USD because they are benefiting from it and they desire to keep this monopoly for as long as they can and bitcoin is the very first threat to the system in a very long time, so they are trying to destroy bitcoin with this false propaganda.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: