Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:49:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin  (Read 31296 times)
Flowzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:24:56 PM

I think bitcoin is created not for that. a criminal act that uses bitcoin is not one of the bitcoin but one of the bitcoin users. they use bitcoin for their criminal acts. I do not agree if bitcoin is the way people do crime. I think bitcoin is only for profitable investment

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
humanCNC

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:15:32 AM

Criminal activities are related to currency. Each type of crime uses different currencies for different purposes. It is not surprise that bitcoin is related to criminals. Bitcoins are used in criminal activities because of the activities that take place on the internet, the government is difficult to detect.

princessfalcon

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:12:43 AM

I do not believe ETH will replace BTC asa topcoin.Issues with scaling and fees which BTC has rig t now will be resolved soon one way or another since they're apparent and so many people are spending so much time to resolve them.  h
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:58:15 PM

Felony activites linked with Bitcoin is one thing, criminaliy s ananoter. I doubt that the existence of Bttcoin plays a part in growing criminality or zinc heightens criminality, but if it's, with this with out Bitcoin, crooks will invariably find a way to do...criminal offense.i hi
Silk road use bitcoin as medium of exchange, but now silk road was shutted down. Most of bitcoin transaction is in exchange site now, people are use bitcoin as a tool to grow their wealth. I think the criminality in bitcoin was reduced so much.
Crime is different thing and bitcoin is different thing if someone is using bitcoin in crime it’s not good because bitcoin is here to help humanity and it also tech a good things because bitcoin want to change a life of thousands of people around the world and it have also reduce unemployment in many countries that’s why everyone love and support bitcoin so we need to start hard work here if we start work with honesty so I’m user there will no need for crime.
We own our money, so, we can decide which thing we should do or should not do. Therefore, the criminal own their money, they can choose Bitcoin for their transaction, no one can stop them even the government. FIAT system can't stop, Bitcoin also can't do that!

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
JJack@

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:13:30 PM

In the end it has to go back to fiat, so when all of a sudden you have 10 million on the bank this will definitely raise some questions. You cannot leave it in BTC forever anyways so yea.
Valentina Ambassador

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

REPUBLIA PRE-SALE : Aug 23rd

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:24:16 PM

People are cruel, greedy and uncontrolled by nature and no matter bitcoin or other things. I thing bitcoin is just litmus paper that show the real face of humanity. Bitcoin its just a system. Blockchain its just a technology and people are just people. People can turn any good ideas in something awful even religion and etc.

asha18

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:31:17 PM

In the market, there are many cryptocurrencies in Bitcoin that are more accurate, full coins. There is no trace in Bitcoin transactions. Therefore, because Bitcoin ensures the security of its customers, the criminals may be able to commit a crime through Bitcoin.
sheryl26

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:44:17 PM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

Yes it does I believe that because bitcoins are decentralized and so does the banks cannot even tract or detect if there are some transactions going within them so criminals rake that opportunity to use bitcoins as their mode of payments when buying illegal things like drugs. And by bitcoins are growing we just making them much more rich because they are been here for a long time and new criminals knew that bitcoins are decentralized they also go all in to this with their illegal businesses because they took the opportunity. That is life.
Pfizer

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:50:08 PM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

Yes it does I believe that because bitcoins are decentralized and so does the banks cannot even tract or detect if there are some transactions going within them so criminals rake that opportunity to use bitcoins as their mode of payments when buying illegal things like drugs. And by bitcoins are growing we just making them much more rich because they are been here for a long time and new criminals knew that bitcoins are decentralized they also go all in to this with their illegal businesses because they took the opportunity. That is life.

It's been many years since they started to blame for criminality and money laundering. This is only because of blockchain's no-id structure, accordin to them. But this is not right. Blcokchain was not designed for criminals obviously. No need to blame bitcoin for this bad aspects of criminal payments.
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:02:08 PM

Felony activites linked with Bitcoin is one thing, criminaliy s ananoter. I doubt that the existence of Bttcoin plays a part in growing criminality or zinc heightens criminality, but if it's, with this with out Bitcoin, crooks will invariably find a way to do...criminal offense.i hi
Silk road use bitcoin as medium of exchange, but now silk road was shutted down. Most of bitcoin transaction is in exchange site now, people are use bitcoin as a tool to grow their wealth. I think the criminality in bitcoin was reduced so much.
Crime is different thing and bitcoin is different thing if someone is using bitcoin in crime it’s not good because bitcoin is here to help humanity and it also tech a good things because bitcoin want to change a life of thousands of people around the world and it have also reduce unemployment in many countries that’s why everyone love and support bitcoin so we need to start hard work here if we start work with honesty so I’m user there will no need for crime.
We own our money, so, we can decide which thing we should do or should not do. Therefore, the criminal own their money, they can choose Bitcoin for their transaction, no one can stop them even the government. FIAT system can't stop, Bitcoin also can't do that!

But do you think that this criminal activity is good for Bitcoin? Because I personally don't. It might have been good in the beginning when there wasn't a spotlight on it really, but now it is just becoming ridiculous.

Thankfully, these criminals are switching over to Monero. While it is unfortunate they even do this behavior to begin with, at least it isn't being done so with Bitcoin anymore, and another crypto instead.
sinta23

Activity: 668

DogData

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:16:41 PM

In the market, there are many cryptocurrencies in Bitcoin that are more accurate, full coins. There is no trace in Bitcoin transactions. Therefore, because Bitcoin ensures the security of its customers, the criminals may be able to commit a crime through Bitcoin.
indeed until whenever bitcoin users will not be solved, because bitcoin users are quite confidential, the problem there are criminals involved yes maybe. but even if we are involved we can not do anything, just work like us.

anjaydut

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:58:09 PM

criminality already existed before there was bitcoin, but it could be that bitcoin is now used as a means to commit a crime, such as for drug transactions, because it may be a transaction through bitcoin, they will not be tracked by the security apparatus .. but that's just my assumption.

w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:03:06 PM

But do you think that this criminal activity is good for Bitcoin? Because I personally don't. It might have been good in the beginning when there wasn't a spotlight on it really, but now it is just becoming ridiculous.

Thankfully, these criminals are switching over to Monero. While it is unfortunate they even do this behavior to begin with, at least it isn't being done so with Bitcoin anymore, and another crypto instead.

What does it really matter? Is it "unfortunate" for cash as well that it's being used by criminals?
cryptocent94

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:05:41 PM

Even before now there have been cybercrime activities going on is just that bitcoin value which is similar to gold calls for more attention that's why one need to trend carefully with all those hackers out there
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:30:41 PM

I don't tend to believe things like this because they usually cannot track the fiat trading of drugs/illegal stuff happening. The only reason they would be able to track the bitcoin stuff is because it can be traced backwards to other wallets/sources. The fiat can't really be(unless the serial numbers on the fiat was from a nearby bank or something).

It is a lot easier and more profitable to target older people by calling them and having them wire money to you through a scam, much easier than hacking stuff and coding viruses.
Jigsawman082076

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:33:39 PM

Yes I believe that criminality increases as the bitcoin exist and as its advantages are being known to the people such as the anonymity of its users, shady characters can now be able to send and receive countless millions of dollars in the form of bitcoin to it's contacts in any part of the world without being traced to carry out deadly plans against governments or as a drug moneys.
hadisaw

Activity: 245

https://keepcalm.finance/

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:35:00 PM

Criminality in bitcoin is common, it all depends on the user. Just like a knife, you can use good as well for evil.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Paecga129

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:49:56 PM

The Bitcoin world is chalk full of criminals. Why do people think crime is a good thing? I just don't understand. Where do you get off thinking it will propel you into better things in the future? You steal from someone, it isn't right. Stealing is bad.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:54:08 PM

Criminality in bitcoin is common, it all depends on the user. Just like a knife, you can use good as well for evil.

That's true, it's the same with all other currencies be it fiat or cryptocurrencies they can be used for good and for crime and it depends on the hands in which it falls. Many tend to lump bitcoin with all these negativites instead of generalizing it.
andamers

Activity: 104

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:55:22 PM

No, many use bitcoin as invest so basically they keep them Bitcoin in safe wallet and wait till price increasing .

others trading bitcoin to earn free money

dark use of bitcoin end
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: