Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:12:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminality and Bitcoin  (Read 31296 times)
tientien22

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:38:55 PM

In my opinion, the increasing crime in the world and bitcoin is also a reason for criminals to use this fake bitcoin for the trading of the weapon ... Cool Cool Cool
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
savinggrace28

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:43:35 AM

Unless the usage of the bitcoin has sprung  among the common public and its being use widely spread i think it would be more of the common crime like robbery,hold up and the likes. Thus it could also be linked to more of organized crime like hacking and phishing since its digital. We must always be guarding our fort and vigilant everytime we do transactions esp nowadays that BTC is getting popular and high
guxu219

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:13:07 AM

Bitcoin is a money and if you have a bitcoin then it mean you have enough money. Now it depend on the user of bitcoin that how he want to used their money. If he want to used their money for criminality then its up to them.
zombie6

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:33:28 AM

Of course bitcoin has helped and is helping organized crime now! Crime in general uses modern technology is very active, so it is inevitable.
A vivid example of SilkRoad organization is a shop where you could buy anything (drugs, weapons, people) for bitcoins. Its creator, Ross Ulbricht, received five life imprisonments!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A3%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%85%D1%82,_%D0%A0 % D0% BE% D1% 81% D1% 81% D0% A3% D0% B8% D0% BB% D1% 8C% D1% 8F% D0% BC
miaviguerias

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:27:22 PM

Indeed, it is astonishing, because it doesn't quit, it just goes greater and higher... Wish it'll lat for very longs
regan101

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:50:28 AM

Of course this is a big issue. It is to be expected, considering that bitcoin is a trustless currency. I bet Satoshi didn't factor this into consideration while he was developing the bitcoin technology.
Probably yes it was not considered during the development but even if it was considered, bad elements will find ways to use it in criminal activities since it is the safest, unknown transfer payment thru crypto currency.
randyg29

Activity: 330
Merit: 10

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:06:01 AM

I think I agree with criminality in bitcoin and that's possible because of many people know are so expose on internet that's why they even know how bitcoin works in online transaction and they maybe really like it because they will never notice of the people they transact with.

weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:19:26 AM

Bitcoins can be used in illegal transactions like buying of drugs online and because of this some of the governments are banning bitcoins because they only want to avoid problem. I am also aware of that because they might also ban bitcoins in my country.

Darmold

Activity: 74

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:22:53 AM

If something has value it will bring attention and thefts. If Bitcoin drop to 0$ and stay there no one would careabout it.
It's not disadvantage, that is a hard word.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
achikomimi

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:52:55 AM

It will be use by those criminals who wants to buy illegal things in the black market. Bitcoin was used in illegal activities in black market, and I think it's still on going given that they are unidentified. Police cannot put down those criminals easily. It is not impossible that in the coming years, those wealthy corrupt people will keep Bitcoin to hide their wealth in public. Maybe they are now doing that.
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:47:53 AM

Bitcoins can be used in illegal transactions like buying of drugs online and because of this some of the governments are banning bitcoins because they only want to avoid problem. I am also aware of that because they might also ban bitcoins in my country.
Using bitcoin is easy and anonimous, thats why bitcoin is become favorite amongs criminals, therefore all countries should make higher regulations to prevent criminals to being able to use bitcoin. But not to ban bitcoin, however bitcoin has many positive side. Bitcoin users can also be subject to fraud, we have to be carefull with every our transactions, once bitcoin is sent there is nothing that we can do to get it back.

I hope you all becareful of fake website, in my opinion the safest way to use online service is through link in this forum although all service that announced in this forum is not endorsed by bitcointalk.org. atleast we can tell each other that the link will guide to fake website or not.
vincentallstar

Activity: 79
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:22:31 AM

This is one of the reasons why some countries do not accept bitcoin because many people use it some criminal activity.
ismelda_ita

Activity: 369
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:36:05 AM

although many criminals use bitcoin in action we can not blame the bitcoin. it's an irresponsible person. example: when there is an ethnic majority of the people are stingy and the rest are generous. are they stingy because of their ethnicity? I do not think so. just like bitcoin, it all depends on how to use the bitcoin itself.
caloy06

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:50:09 AM

Criminality is something wrong with someone's work when they make a mistake with their neighbors, such as raping, stealing, hoaxing and more.While the term criminality is used often in criminology to refer to actual criminal characteristics of a person propensity evidence such as past criminal record,we use the term criminality to refer to the extent to which a person’s appearance triggers stereotypes about criminals.
Bitcoin is a site that has a huge amount of money to earn and make a bitcoin.Bitcoin is the life of the loser while the bitcoin value grows in size.Bitcoin will change our world and get to the hardest of our country's poverty. Bitcoin will also cause the development of a poor and low-class nation. It's easy jobs and leverage when bitcoin has their attention and time.
tumokatok

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:01:51 AM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.

can not be a cyber crime associated with bitcoin, whose name is a criminal act because there is intention and opportunity of the perpetrator of the crime.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:12:09 AM

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/01/23/bitcoin-playing-an-increased-role-in-crime-europol-says/

Would you believe that the existence of bitcoin has increased the number of criminality in  some countries in the world. This is the issue that was being thrown by the EuroPol and the UK Metropolitan Police. According to them bitcoin has played a huge role on the increasing criminality in their area. They added that a huge number of cybercriminals were using bitcoins in their activities.

This just shows that as bitcoin develops both advantages and disadvantages will tag along.
Illegal activities were everywhere even in our place.In our country i think there were only 10% of the population who have known about bitcoin or cryptocurrency but the existence of criminals,robbers,theifs,transactions with illegal drugs,corrupt government officials were still there.Like for example of corruption,an officials deposited in banks through fiat and not bitcoin  ..another example is robbers and theifs,they all wanted to have instant cash thats why to enable to have it they will get those wallets from their victims or worst is  they will kill,but yes it can be one of a source for criminals to easily do just to have money.
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:27:48 AM

Illegal activities were everywhere even in our place.In our country i think there were only 10% of the population who have known about bitcoin or cryptocurrency but the existence of criminals,robbers,theifs,transactions with illegal drugs,corrupt government officials were still there.Like for example of corruption,an officials deposited in banks through fiat and not bitcoin  ..another example is robbers and theifs,they all wanted to have instant cash thats why to enable to have it they will get those wallets from their victims or worst is  they will kill,but yes it can be one of a source for criminals to easily do just to have money.
I agree...criminals always existed and found an opportunity to survive...naturally, they will use the cryptocurrency...we can't do anything with it...this is the choice of everyone to lead an ethical life or not
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:30:48 PM

Felony activites linked with Bitcoin is one thing, criminaliy s ananoter. I doubt that the existence of Bttcoin plays a part in growing criminality or zinc heightens criminality, but if it's, with this with out Bitcoin, crooks will invariably find a way to do...criminal offense.i hi
Silk road use bitcoin as medium of exchange, but now silk road was shutted down. Most of bitcoin transaction is in exchange site now, people are use bitcoin as a tool to grow their wealth. I think the criminality in bitcoin was reduced so much.
Crime is different thing and bitcoin is different thing if someone is using bitcoin in crime it’s not good because bitcoin is here to help humanity and it also tech a good things because bitcoin want to change a life of thousands of people around the world and it have also reduce unemployment in many countries that’s why everyone love and support bitcoin so we need to start hard work here if we start work with honesty so I’m user there will no need for crime.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:41:54 PM

I think more crime is committed with crypto these days (not only Bitcoin) than even the USD dollar.

Think about it, most crime online these days is done using BTC or now, more recently Monero. It offers full anonymity whereas other options simply don't and can lead to you easily getting caught.

This is why I think there needs to be some form of regulation only against scammers in the crypto world. The police need to crack down on illegal activity to make BTC and crypto more attractive to the general public.
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:05:45 PM

Since the silk road launched several years ago, they find a way to make payments online without tracking the identity of both buyer and the seller using bitcoin. Those criminals took advantage on bitcoin to make them easily bypass those fbi on deepweb.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: