Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:50:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381841 times)
matteumayo

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2011, 11:49:10 PM

Hey, so I'm very new to bitcoin mining, and I was hoping to join the pool, but the registration has been closed for a while now...    Sad

So my question is, when will the registration be back up?  Is there any kind of estimation on that?

Thanks,
-Matt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matteumayo

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 12:11:25 AM

Hey, so I'm very new to bitcoin mining, and I was hoping to join the pool, but the registration has been closed for a while now...    Sad

So my question is, when will the registration be back up?  Is there any kind of estimation on that?

afaik slush wrote that when he finishes coding "push work" he will reopen pool for new miners

explosion of new miners joining the pool in recent days caused him extra work to set up servers 2 & 3
and with no chance to effectively manage the work dispatching part of mining pooling (read current way of how pool works)
more users would just break the pool. so a temporary freeze (read opportunity for anyone to write the pool code and start a new pool)

Thanks  Grin
(void, *)

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 01:30:55 AM

What happend to Jgarzik's poolserver? Last week he had a tryout at his poolserver, http://pool.yyz.us/register.html ,but i don't know if its still running.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 01:47:31 AM

What happend to Jgarzik's poolserver? Last week he had a tryout at his poolserver, http://pool.yyz.us/register.html ,but i don't know if its still running.

See this thread for more information.

The mining pool was a test, and it was shut down after that test.

A new, commercial mining pool should appear in a week, though.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
warweed

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 04:01:27 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2011, 08:32:02 AM by warweed

Slush is there anyway you can make the daily earnings graphs downloadable as well as is there anyway to have graphs that show miner statistics in a work group and get data on miner performance vs each other in the work group and estimated earning per miner ?

reason i ask is currently i have 20 miners with 6 running all the time and soon 12 and more coming and i would like to be able to monitor my statistics and chart in google doc's ect.

Here is a basic idea of what im looking at atm

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnV0zMzvOy7BdFRUaXpBWlVhdlF4RkZCNV81SnFsRlE&hl=en&authkey=CPWIhPsG this shows basic *CONFIRMED ONLY* payouts i want to be able to add in addition to that my workgroups overall Ghash/s and i wish to also have a separate page were i can calculate current hash rate for each miner and there respective contribution call it a pool within a pool graphing to see what each miner is contributing .. 

kinda like what you have in the graph section but somthing either either i can edit in google docs or somthing within your page that i can link people directly to your page so i can show the people that are contributing to the pool for me what there achieving
bobR

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 07:57:02 PM

Guess I just don't get it how is the new scoring system FAIR
Why are Early shares devalued Huh
A Share is a share

I'm upping what i do and getting about the same reward
xenon481

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 08:07:56 PM

A Share is a share

Slush explained in extreme depth why the score/share changes were made and how they lead to nearly exactly the same average rewards over time. And even posted charts to prove it.

If you are increasing your hashrate, but your average reward per block over time is staying the same, then that means that the average hashrate of the entire pool has increased the same percentage as you increased your hashrate. But this also means that the pool will be solving more blocks in the same period of time (assuming same difficulty) which means that your total daily reward will increase at the same percentage as your increased hashrate even though your reward per block has stayed the same.

The pool's hashrate has increased by ~50% each week for the past two weeks.

Recently, the difficulty increased by 40%. This means that if your hashrate stayed the same, your total average daily rewards would decrease by 40%. If you increased your hashrate by 40%, your total average daily rewards would stay the same.

Whatever you are experiencing, over time, it has nothing to do with the Share/Score change unless you are purposely trying to cheat the system.

Tips Appreciated: 171TQ2wJg7bxj2q68VNibU75YZB22b7ZDr
bobR

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 08:20:47 PM

A Share is a share

Slush explained in extreme depth why the score/share changes were made and how they lead to nearly exactly the same average rewards over time. And even posted charts to prove it.

That's my point "OVERTIME"
overtime don't seem fair
what i'm doing now or did in the past
Why is it fair to say take a smaller pay out this round
at the end of the day we'll catch you up if your still arround

I can't see unequal shares as being fair

I've doubled or better my hash rate for next to nothing

I understand the cheating problem was people comming in at the last moment
This new method just favors those finding shares in the last moments
HOW is that any different
xenon481

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 08:33:33 PM

A Share is a share

overtime don't seem fair

What you make per round is irrelevant. The only thing that is relevant is what you make over time. What you make per round is subject to many many different variables that are out of your control. What you make overtime is directly controlled by your hashrate (and difficulty).

Tips Appreciated: 171TQ2wJg7bxj2q68VNibU75YZB22b7ZDr
Ricochet

Activity: 373

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 08:35:37 PM

You completely miss the point of the switch.  It's calculated based on time now to prevent people from cheating the pool, not because it's more fair.  Slush never claimed it to be "more" fair.  Over time your reward should even out to be exactly the same as it would have been with the old system, and because of the increased security, you get your round statistics back.  Before the switch, Slush had to remove pretty much every useful statistic from the site in order to prevent people from gaming the system.  It was annoying, and I'm happy to have those stats back.

Yes your rewards are going to fluctuate more, and it's very unfortunate that the switch happened so close to the difficulty increase because that gives the impression that it's Slush's fault you're getting less money for the same hash rate, when it's not.  You should be expecting a 40% drop in rewards because of the network, not the pool.

Because statistically, at some point you will be one of those last shares before the round ends, and that share will be worth much more than it would have in the old system, thus bringing your average back up.

Now perhaps if you want to argue that the current decay rate for old shares is too fast, then you might have something to stand on.  People have expressed concerns with that already. 
theGECK

Activity: 411

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 08:36:42 PM

A Share is a share

overtime don't seem fair

bobR, the pool if voluntary. If you don't like it, mine on your own. That way you don't have to worry about concepts of "fairness" or "statistics". If slush sees ways that people are getting paid disproportionately from the work they put in, I'm happy that he changes the rules so that it stops that from happening. If you don't, get out of the pool.

The amount you make each second, each minute, each hour is inconsequential if you mine as slush's pool is designed to be used. If you don't use his product as designed, then you will have a worse experience.

And the cheating problem was those coming in at the beginning and then leaving. Please, read the posts before becoming irate.

Quote from: Raulo
For those who don't want to bother reading it, the optimal strategy is to join the pool at the start of a new round and stop pooled mining after 43.5% fraction of the current difficulty of shares was contributed and start mining solo. This strategy will bring 28% of extra income compared to only pooled or only individual mining.

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
bobR

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 08:54:47 PM

A Share is a share

overtime don't seem fair

bobR, the pool if voluntary. If you don't like it, mine on your own. That way you don't have to worry about concepts of "fairness" or "statistics". If slush sees ways that people are getting paid disproportionately from the work they put in, I'm happy that he changes the rules so that it stops that from happening. If you don't, get out of the pool.

The amount you make each second, each minute, each hour is inconsequential if you mine as slush's pool is designed to be used. If you don't use his product as designed, then you will have a worse experience.

And the cheating problem was those coming in at the beginning and then leaving. Please, read the posts before becoming irate.

Quote from: Raulo
For those who don't want to bother reading it, the optimal strategy is to join the pool at the start of a new round and stop pooled mining after 43.5% fraction of the current difficulty of shares was contributed and start mining solo. This strategy will bring 28% of extra income compared to only pooled or only individual mining.

I've READ EVERY POST IN THIS DAMN THREAD

stop being a blow hard
bobR

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 08:56:48 PM

A Share is a share

overtime don't seem fair

What you make per round is irrelevant. The only thing that is relevant is what you make over time. What you make per round is subject to many many different variables that are out of your control. What you make overtime is directly controlled by your hashrate (and difficulty).

If I live that long

I think you are WRONG
it's still luck of the draw

I've had some of those las minuite or short runs
NO BIG WIN
theGECK

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 09:16:03 PM

A Share is a share

overtime don't seem fair

If I live that long

I think you are WRONG
it's still luck of the draw

I've had some of those las minuite or short runs
NO BIG WIN

Of course it's luck of the draw! Nobody has ever claimed any different. We have said that you can expect a certain payout when you are part of a mining pool, but you're never guaranteed anything. It's all a lottery. The pool might mine 10 blocks in an hour, or one in 10 hours, and your payout will change because of that. The only way of getting a larger payout is to have a better hash rate.

The difference in payout between mining in a pool and mining solo is, from what I understand, negligible. I elected to join a pool because my estimated time to mine a block with my current GPU was a bit over 3.5 months. I'd rather get part of a bitcoin every day than take a big risk that my equipment won't be left behind due to difficulty changes and I will never get anything.

Also, are you part of the pool? If you are, you shouldn't be expecting a big win, since each win is distributed to the people contributing to it via the score system. A "big win" in the pool would come at the expense of somebody else's contribution. Or does your BIG WIN statement refer to something else?

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

theGECK

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 09:34:13 PM

One nice thing about the difficulty increase is that I don't see many blocks where I have "none" in the reward category. Smiley

theGECK

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 09:38:26 PM

FYI, connections with the pool are going up/down right now, and have been for about an hour. I'm getting two different errors - that "A connection with the server could not be established" and "The operation timed out", but it always reconnects. A friend of mine said that his is down completely, and has been for about an hour. I'm currently connected, but he isn't, and can't get reconnected.

slush (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2011, 09:40:20 PM

FYI, connections with the pool are going up/down right now, and have been for about an hour. I'm getting two different errors - that "A connection with the server could not be established" and "The operation timed out", but it always reconnects. A friend of mine said that his is down completely, and has been for about an hour. I'm currently connected, but he isn't, and can't get reconnected.

It is up again, sorry.

davidak

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2011, 09:41:50 PM

how far is the development of push and how long will it take until i can register?

are you working on it, slush?
bobR

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 10:03:01 PM

This board is a JOKE

bottom line you get what SLUSH pays you period
Don't complain or it won't be seen

He was dropping PAID donation to 1%
When ... Next Xmas of what yr

I think this score payout  nonsense is BS
Just an excuse to screw the little miner
It makes NO sence what does it accomplish
Who gets the benefit ?
A lot of work for what purpose ?
theGECK

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 10:07:14 PM

This board is a JOKE

bottom line you get what SLUSH pays you period
Don't complain or it won't be seen

I think this score nonsense is BS

Just an excuse to screw the little miner

It makes NO sence

So far, you're the only one who hasn't seen the rhyme and reason for it. Enough feeding the trolls, I'm out.

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: