Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:12:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:13:09 AM

I think that terrahash is in possible to make so big miner like he tell 80 gh I think most possible is after 2-3 months to delivery only the small board 4.5 gz

I also think the 64 chip boards will be problematic.

The 64-chip board is literally four of the 16-chip boards connected together by the I2C connectors at the edge of the board.  If the 16-chip board works, the 64-chip 'version' will work pretty much by default.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 12:16:33 AM

Hmm interesting !!!  

Santosh kumar had a SEC file  here http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/vprr/04/9999999997-04-038469  He takes  part in that complex however if you run a search on

"Santosh Kumar bitcoin "   https://twitter.com/santosh0207 <----- this twitter pops up with this ceo's info following that guy is ths owner of this facebook page!! https://www.facebook.com/IndiaBitcoin/timeline?filter=1

Now that facebook page sells bitcoins so maybe they are stealing your coins and selling them from that page.  

:-/  I could be way off but it is interesting

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 12:27:31 AM

Start a Terrahash refund thread and GTFO!!!

no thanks, I think I will stick to this one, so that other people don't get scammed by TerraHash.

Yes because another thread focusing on that would not serve your purpose.

BTCEIC is claiming that this is a scam based on no evidence.

What he has is fear, uncertainty and doubt.

We have evidence of chip orders, evidence of prototype, forthcoming evidence of working prototype,
evidence of money spent on cases and PCB manufacturing.

What BTCEIC has is loss of confidence in TH because they have crap customer service and no other tangible evidence so ignore him as he now has no skin in this game.

Ask someone who has an order with TH and not lost their stomach for the process and is cashing out.

Never take risk advice from someone not willing to take a risk.

And let me guess, you are defending them because you bought with BTC and have no choice but to wait?

I am sorry for your potential loss I really am but how can you have any confidence in this company?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:32:03 AM

You should not be telling others what to do

So I can't tell people what to do and you can? But, But, that's not fair.... Oh wait this is a free country, I think I will not do as you say.

I believe you are a plant from a competitor trying to destroy this deal.

This is almost laughable, I only wish I had that much power and influence over others, and no I am not a plant.

Your evidence that TH is a scam is "You don't have the stomach for the risk"

My evidence that they are a scam or incompetent at the least is based in part on the following:
horrible communications, bait and switching on their refund policy without notifying their customers, refusing refunds, open day debacle, cloudhashing issue, flip flopping on their pre-order stance, they are utterly untrustable at this point.

I don't believe you, you are a plant and a troll

I asked you for evidence they are a scam, meaning prove that they are taking money with NO intentions of delivering products,
I didn't ask you to prove they suck at customer service. We already established that.
joeventura

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:33:08 AM

Only paid for one year of services to the web companies.  RED FLAG!

Domain Name: terrahash.com
Registered at http://www.dynadot.com

Registrant:
TerraHash, Inc.
TerraHash, Inc.
1800 Wyatt Drive, Suite 15
Santa Clara, CA 95054
United States

Administrative Contact:
TerraHash, Inc.
TerraHash, Inc.
Santa Clara, CA 95054
United States
help@terrahash.com
+1 (888) 557-4332

Technical Contact:
TerraHash, Inc.
TerraHash, Inc.
Santa Clara, CA 95054
United States
help@terrahash.com
+1 (888) 557-4332

Domain Name: TERRAHASH.COM
   Registrar: DYNADOT, LLC
   Whois Server: whois.dynadot.com
   Referral URL: http://www.dynadot.com

Name Server: NS-1357.AWSDNS-41.ORG
   Name Server: NS-1708.AWSDNS-21.CO.UK
   Name Server: NS-3.AWSDNS-00.COM
   Name Server: NS-896.AWSDNS-48.NET
   Updated Date: 17-jun-2013
   Creation Date: 09-apr-2013
   Expiration Date: 09-apr-2014

I own 90+ domains, most on active websites, never pay for more than a year at a time. And I make more $$$ than Terrahash.

-1 red flag
joeventura

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:35:33 AM

no thanks, I think I will stick to this one, so that other people don't get scammed by TerraHash.

We have evidence of chip orders, evidence of prototype, forthcoming evidence of working prototype,

What BTCEIC has is loss of confidence in TH because they have crap customer service and no other tangible evidence so ignore him as he now has no skin in this game.

Ask someone who has an order with TH and not lost their stomach for the process and is cashing out.

And let me guess, you are defending them because you bought with BTC and have no choice but to wait?

I am sorry for your potential loss I really am but how can you have any confidence in this company?

Nope, paid with Paypal backed by a credit card.

It's called risk aversion.

You probably paid with Paypal, backed by your checking account and the mortgage came due on 7/1
btceic

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 12:38:34 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2013, 12:52:45 AM by btceic

You probably paid with Paypal, backed by your checking account and the mortgage came due on 7/1

You didn't answer my question.

edit: you bought bitcoin with debt? and your calling me out? all the best to you.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:56:02 AM

I'm convinced all of these companies are shite at customer service as they are start-ups that become overwhelmed with demands (a lot of them ridiculous demands) that they initially try to appease, but then find themselves 'treading water' as the same q's are fired again by people who don't take the time to do their own research. If those queries are answered the next lazy customer asks the same q again, and again, and again.  if any remain unanswered they then cry foul play. I'm not excusing any of these companies, but it does appear if they are damned if they do, and damned if they don't and cannot afford extra full time staff to answer the same basic question again and again. Let alone the repetitive nature of that line of work must be excruciating.

These are not established companies, they are struggling with an insane small window of opportunity to appease a mass of individuals, some plain crazy (not you Btceic), that they offered pre-orders to cover non recurring costs, parts and labour.

You paid them to produce mining products, they are yet to receive chips for, that delay is out of their hands. They are open to visit, yet none of you will visit. You have not paid them to be a Samaritans hotline to appease your every whim as you need constant reassurance due to your own unconfidence in selection of company to partake business with because for the most part none of you have read up what you are agreeing to.

You pay, you chill, they make. Every time they reply there is 1000x time more comments, most previously answered. As such they have said visit them, those that are determined will, I did (not Terrahash).

It's crazy there were a lot of guys moaning about KnC on the forum with question after question, that they didn't even fire in a personal email. Obviously some here have exhausted that avenue with Terrahash. I think they are overwhelmed and getting on with other more important bits. In any case someone needs to visit them in person unannounced this week.

Who here can do that??

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
joeventura

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:57:43 AM

You didn't answer my question.

edit: you bought bitcoin with debt? and your calling me out? all the best to you.

I didn't buy with debt, I bought with a credit card.

The question is does that Credit card now have a balance? The answer to that is NO, but I still have the CC protecting my purchase and that is again, risk aversion.
joeventura

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:58:33 AM

I'm convinced all of these companies are shite at customer service as they are start-ups that become overwhelmed with demands (a lot of them ridiculous demands) that they initially try to appease, but then find themselves 'treading water' as the same q's are fired again by people who don't take the time to do their own research. If those queries are answered the next lazy customer asks the same q again, and again, and again.  if any remain unanswered they then cry foul play. I'm not excusing any of these companies, but it does appear if they are damned if they do, and damned if they don't and cannot afford extra full time staff to answer the same basic question again and again. Let alone the repetitive nature of that line of work must be excruciating.

These are not established companies, they are struggling with an insane small window of opportunity to appease a mass of individuals, some plain crazy (not you Btceic), that they offered pre-orders to cover non recurring costs, parts and labour.

You paid them to produce mining products, they are yet to receive chips for, that delay is out of their hands. They are open to visit, yet none of you will visit. You have not paid them to be a Samaritans hotline to appease your every whim as you need constant reassurance due to your own unconfidence in selection of company to partake business with because for the most part none of you have read up what you are agreeing to.

You pay, you chill, they make. Every time they reply there is 1000x time more comments, most previously answered. As such they have said visit them, those that are determined will, I did (not Terrahash).

It's crazy there were a lot of guys moaning about KnC on the forum with question after question, that they didn't even fire in a personal email. Obviously some here have exhausted that avenue with Terrahash. I think they are overwhelmed and getting on with other more important bits. In any case someone needs to visit them in person unannounced this week.

Who here can do that??

Well said!
Scornflakes

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:02:03 AM

Only paid for one year of services to the web companies.  RED FLAG!

Domain Name: terrahash.com
Registered at http://www.dynadot.com

Registrant:
TerraHash, Inc.
TerraHash, Inc.
Santa Clara, CA 95054
United States

I own 90+ domains, most on active websites, never pay for more than a year at a time. And I make more $$$ than Terrahash.

-1 red flag

Many domains auto-renew after 1 year, so this neither confirms or denies the scam situation.
Bitoy

Activity: 449

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:02:28 AM

I'm certainly going to visit Terrahash's office and see how things are going. I've been planning on doing that since I first signed up on their site in May. I am not going to be building any boards with them, but I will take pictures and report on what I see. I used to be a cop, and I have no personal interest other than verifying that we are going to get our products. I'll reiterate that I'm not worried.

You are more than welcome to visit us. Multiple people have visited our office ever since we started operation.

Sorry about the video, it will be uploaded soon.

Can any of the "multiple people" who have visited terrahash's office post some pictures and comments? This forum would be very happy to hear from you  Smiley
Scornflakes

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:07:45 AM

Obviously some here have exhausted that avenue with Terrahash. I think they are overwhelmed and getting on with other more important bits. In any case someone needs to visit them in person unannounced this week.

Who here can do that??

Well said!

This has been offered up a few times already.  I'm a 24 hr drive away, or I'd have my ass down there pronto.  I will offer up money to help offset reasonable travel expenses. I think it would be fair to ask for video of front of TH's office and some video of inside office.  That would go to tremendous lengths to put people's concerns to rest.

bearsworth, you said you're a couple of hours drive away.  Would you entertain this if we help offset expenses?

I know other posters had concerns about who would be our "person on the ground" so to speak.  How do we agree on that issue?
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 01:09:10 AM

You are 100% correct! Who has been ripped of for sure? I don't know I joined the thread to find out not to become the BTC police.  I do however do research to make sure the shit people post on my site matches up or at least correlates with something that actually happen.  Not every BTC site is a scam but when 1000's of dollars are on the line you must do research.  I may voice my opinion here and somethings are facts others not.  It's up to the users to to do proper due diligence and if they are feeling nice come forward when they have been ripped off or come forward after being ripped off when a company decides to do right.

We can keep this thread going on for another 100 posts or wait for solid proof.

Opinion: 75% scam, @ risk of 100% losses

Fact: Nothing proven yet 100% valid site.

Sentiment: Hold off on buying anything until items have been shipped to high risk taking users.

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:11:48 AM

Obviously some here have exhausted that avenue with Terrahash. I think they are overwhelmed and getting on with other more important bits. In any case someone needs to visit them in person unannounced this week.

Who here can do that??

Well said!

This has been offered up a few times already.  I'm a 24 hr drive away, or I'd have my ass down there pronto.  I will offer up money to help offset reasonable travel expenses. I think it would be fair to ask for video of front of TH's office and some video of inside office.  That would go to tremendous lengths to put people's concerns to rest.

bearsworth, you said you're a couple of hours drive away.  Would you entertain this if we help offset expenses?

I know other posters had concerns about who would be our "person on the ground" so to speak.  How do we agree on that issue?

Totally the way to do it, tip the hero that photo/video documents the journey. I cannot believe nobody in California is on this thread and capable. I went to Sweden from London because 1. It was a big investment, 2. I studied a relevant topic and am keen to get in at ground level with Bitcoin, 3. I find adventures and escapees fun.

Maybe I'm weird...

EDIT: *escapades, there were no escapees Sad

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
bebfoo

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:17:24 AM

I think that terrahash is in possible to make so big miner like he tell 80 gh I think most possible is after 2-3 months to delivery only the small board 4.5 gz

The 64-chip board is literally four of the 16-chip boards connected together by the I2C connectors at the edge of the board.  If the 16-chip board works, the 64-chip 'version' will work pretty much by default.

The specs on the K-64 show the boards as 20x20cm while the K-16 are 10x10cm. While it's been speculated that the K-64 is four K-16 boards tiled/chained together, but this has never been confirmed as far as I know. Since I have K-64s on order the lack of clarity on these is somewhat concerning, so I guess we'll see soon (hopefully, unless TH goes dark for weeks again)
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:23:30 AM

The specs on the K-64 show the boards as 20x20cm while the K-16 are 10x10cm. While it's been speculated that the K-64 is four K-16 boards tiled/chained together, but this has never been confirmed as far as I know. Since I have K-64s on order the lack of clarity on these is somewhat concerning, so I guess we'll see soon (hopefully, unless TH goes dark for weeks again)

If you connect 4 10x10 boards in a square pattern, voila, you get a 20x20 board.  This has definitely been confirmed.  You should retread the Klondike thread, or just look at the docs in the git repository.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
Scornflakes

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:42:25 AM

I'm happy to report that Terrahash appears to now have working voicemail. This is a small step in the right direction.  Whether they can respond to everyone's request is another matter nor would it be reasonable for a small startup to be expected to do so.

Still pining for someone to pay them a visit this week or upcoming weekend if possible.
bearsworth

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:22:07 AM

Who here can do that??

Well said!

This has been offered up a few times already.  I'm a 24 hr drive away, or I'd have my ass down there pronto.  I will offer up money to help offset reasonable travel expenses. I think it would be fair to ask for video of front of TH's office and some video of inside office.  That would go to tremendous lengths to put people's concerns to rest.

bearsworth, you said you're a couple of hours drive away.  Would you entertain this if we help offset expenses?

I know other posters had concerns about who would be our "person on the ground" so to speak.  How do we agree on that issue?

I guess I could give it a go... lol. But i really don't care to do it. I'll go if I'm paid however but it depends.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:42:36 AM

putting my popcorn down for a minute.....

Look guys, Terra's not going to produce anything (video, hardware, ext) until the board designer has finished designing testing and revisions.

Simple as that. I would not go as far to say scam, but he has let expectations go to far from reality.

I think he will produce, but I dont think he has the abilities to overtake BKK in his designs and who would want a miner that differs from the designers..If there is an firmware update by BKK you want to be able to use it.

Just sayin

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: