Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:10:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:45:39 AM

That's four pages of reading worthless crap that I'll never get back..

Good to see he comes back to read the escalating crap and gives no info that might squash some of the bickering from both sides.

Summary - terrahash   Picture/Text
Name:   terrahash
Activity:   70
Position:   Full Member
Date Registered:   May 05, 2013, 02:44:55 AM
Last Active:   July 08, 2013, 11:13:02 PM

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
massnerder

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:57:40 AM

I guess I could give it a go... lol. But i really don't care to do it. I'll go if I'm paid however but it depends.

How many folks would kick in?  I'd send you a few gallons worth of BTC for that video.  If we get a few folks together to chip in you could get something back for the effort.

gentuk - did you not see that TH claimed to have a board running?  obviously things will change with board revisions but if they do indeed have a hashing board now like they say then uploading a video of it should be no issue.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:09:45 AM

I guess I could give it a go... lol. But i really don't care to do it. I'll go if I'm paid however but it depends.

How many folks would kick in?  I'd send you a few gallons worth of BTC for that video.  If we get a few folks together to chip in you could get something back for the effort.

gentuk - did you not see that TH claimed to have a board running?  obviously things will change with board revisions but if they do indeed have a hashing board now like they say then uploading a video of it should be no issue.

BKK has a board hashing  Grin Burnin has a board hashing  Grin Terahash is waiting for enough info to get a board hashing  Wink

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Cryptoin

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:11:03 AM

Hey guys. I wanted to weigh in on the discussion. I have 35 K16s on order with Terrahash. I live in the Bay Area and work in SF. I'm planning on stopping by TH/s office to say hello and see how things are going. I am planning on giving a full report after I make the visit. I'm not worried. I bought through Paypal, and am satisfied that I have buyer protection. I have not called Terrahash in the past week, but every time I have called (3 times so far) they have answered the phone and given me satisfactory answers. They have also replied to my emails in the past. I think they are making a good faith effort to fulfill their obligations to us. I am not a shill, and I understand everyone's frustration. I think that with what we have been through in the waiting game with BFL and Avalon everyone is on edge. I have 1.3 TH/s of miners on order with BFL, Bitmine, Avalon, Terrahash, and KNC. It's been depressing (at times VERY depressing) to think of how long we have had to wait for our pre-orders. I'm going to be patient. They are only 30 minutes away from where I work. I have a good feeling that we will get our miners as promised in August. I'm not necessarily expecting anything miraculous out of BFL or Avalon before then. Maybe we'll get those orders or maybe they'll be pushed back to September or October. As for KNC, who knows. Maybe we'll get the most awesome miners in the world to date, or maybe not. All of these purchases are a risk related investment. That's why I spread my funds between 5 companies. I still feel that Terrahash will very likely get our products to us before the other companies. Let them work and get our boards ready. I'll keep you guys posted regarding my upcoming visit.  

Wait a minute...Does anybody know anything about this guy?...cryptoin does he have these orders?....sorry just don't recall seeing him in here before??? he sounds to good to be true. Please correct me if I'm wrong....and I don't see him on the chip list? Sounds like to me he's a plant by terrahash?...and all this crap about spreading his orders around? huh? and a Jr member with a low stat.... I ain't buying it...sorry,,, and we all know about all the other asic miner company's and their status in the world, we don't need a recap! sounds like a bunch of BS to me...ok, hope I'm wrong,,, but I wasn't wrong about NOT getting a follow up video on a hashing board.... that's all we were looking for! Once again, nothing more is expected than what they tell to expect! PS: knightlife,,,anything short of a video of the front of their office with displayed address and a video of you and Amir and all the techs working on the boards and hashing" and a video of the new case we saw on the floor they ordered a hundred of ....then maybe I will be sold on this so called visit. we shouldn't even need anything like this! they just need to be straight up with us....where is the video we were told to EXPECT.. again, ridiculous!

He has not submitted his information to the database under his username however he could have submitted it anonymously or just not submitted it.  I sent a PM to get details.
Cryptoin

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:14:49 AM

He has not submitted his information to the database under his username however he could have submitted it anonymously or just not submitted it.  I sent a PM to get details.

Nevermind.  I just saw his follow up post with the order numbers.  It checks out.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:19:54 AM

Nevermind.  I just saw his follow up post with the order numbers.  It checks out.
Hey cryptoin, I don't think all his grandeur was needed or will make one a bit of difference,,, so thanks anyways!

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Cryptoin

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:56:59 AM

PLEASE READ GUYS"
You all know, as a whole, we represent quite a bit of buying power. According to Cryptoin (our handy in house accountant)  Cheesy thats about 600,000- thats a lot of chips! what 20k+ . This is just food for thought, there are others who are successfully creating co-ops (cooperatives) and buying groups etc. I am not an expert on this, but know of someone who is in the forums. We are all facing the same dilemma,,,we want to mine, but need new gear, ASICS. we can keep getting dicked around with start up companys like this one, or move on to another one, and wait and wait  only to see the difficulty level out run getting our machines, ultimately with not a whole lot of money in it as there was when ordered. Anyways, if someone MAYBE CRYPTOIN? wants to create a new thread for any of us who perhaps would be interested in a co-op, (effort) then we can at least put our name in the hat. if we can identify a key experienced person to lead it and help point us in the right directions to make getting asics a reality quicker, and more affordable, then where we seem to be at now. So before we all cancel and disband from this thread, and chance our money somewhere else lets at least put out names together in a new thread, just in case we see an avenue to to work together in getting our own boards/miners produced ( or join in with another successful co-op ) It may sound crazy, but if theres enough interest, I will PM the best man I know in the forums for guidance and see if its even do-able. He works closely with bkkcoins and heads his own co-op and is doing it right!  ok, post some comments if you at least would be interested,,,no commitments required, but while we are all still here in this thread with as much power as we have,,it may be worth exploring. Cryptoin, if your reading this ,,,and enough want to stay informed, please help us with a new thread,,you are good at this stuff..me I'm just a thinker and a dreamer Smiley maybe call it the "600k cooperative" j/k we can work on that later. Ok., The one person Im thinking of paid us a brief visit in here last night and saw what we are going through...you will see his post responding back to mine yesterday. He is the man, and he mentioned why not look into our own cooperative? enough said gang. Open for ideas and suggestions..

Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this subject of putting together a Co-op I have been rather busy the past few days.  I am not completely opposed to the idea but I don't think it would a be a wise choice to start an Avalon chip based miner co-op at this point in the game for the following reasons:

1. I don't see a path here that would allow those who placed orders with Terrahash to pull funding, commit it to a Co-op, find an early Avalon chip order to support and develop/manufacture boards in a timely manner. 

2. Assuming the statements made recently by TH are true regarding finding 2 additional early may chip orders than this makes even less sense.

3. I don't believe TH is a complete scam I just think they are inexperienced when it comes to running/managing a business properly in a fast paced environment and it has resulted in a clear lack of true professionalism. 

Anyone with any business experience knows it is always much better to under promise and over deliver, however I imagine they are cracking under the pressure of their customers wanting to see results and they are not where they wanted to be so they continue to set and communicate deadlines for themselves that they cannot meet.  Unfortunately that does not bode well for our delivery dates but I don't have any doubt that they will deliver eventually.

To Terrahash,

Please post screen shots of all 4 orders with Avalon.  This obviously makes a very large impact on order ship date estimates.  Publicizing any workplan (gantt charts, spreadhseets, etc.) you are working to would also be very helpful.  Transparency is key here if you want to stop getting Paypal claim notices in your inbox. 

In fact, If you are running into any problems I'm sure some of your customers would be more than willing to aid in any way they can since it means they will be getting their miner sooner.  All you have to do is ask.
xyzpdq

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:48:48 AM

To Terrahash,

Please post screen shots of all 4 orders with Avalon.  This obviously makes a very large impact on order ship date estimates.  Publicizing any workplan (gantt charts, spreadhseets, etc.) you are working to would also be very helpful.  Transparency is key here if you want to stop getting Paypal claim notices in your inbox. 

In fact, If you are running into any problems I'm sure some of your customers would be more than willing to aid in any way they can since it means they will be getting their miner sooner.  All you have to do is ask.

Agreed.  Terrahash, if there is anything that the community can to do help, I'm sure you will get an overwhelming response if you were to ask.
knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:00:30 AM

Ok. I will go and visit their office on wednesday or thursday. I'm suffering with kidney stones, but I will go and take pictures and video. I originally wanted to go in a couple of weeks to see them "in production". I'll go earlier to quell the mob and preserve my investment. I don't want to get negative, but please do not ride me. I am an ex-cop, martial arts instructor, and veteran forex currency invesment manager. I don't tell you this to puff myself up. I want you to understand who you are dealing with. I don't take well to being pushed by people and I stick by my word. Please be patient for a couple of days and I'll give you guys a report on what I find. One of the main reasons I am doing this, is because I don't want anyone to jeopardize my orders with TH. If I can sooth everyone's nerves and calm you down, maybe you will allow these guys to do what we have paid them to do. I know that they have not been as communicative as many would like. However, could you imagine how stressful it would be to deal with such a high maintenance client base?

When I was trading forex for a living, I used to tell clients not to invest money that they could not afford to lose. Some did not listen to me, and were calling me for updates every day, terrified and needing reassurance. It made me hate my job, and after 10 years, I decided to restrict trading to professional clients alone. This is a risk intensive market we are invested in. If you can't afford to lose the money you're putting into it, I would recommend staying with something safer. "You don't invest your rent money" is what I always used to say. Once again, I am not saying what to do one way or the other, but I am seeing this transaction through. If they come through with my boards in the general time frame promised, I will most likely buy more. Who knows, maybe they will start building BFL based boards in the future if our batches come through. So, please take a breath and wait until I report what I find. I have to restate that I am passing kidney stones. If I can't make it on wednesday due to pain, I will go on thursday for certain. I'll take pics and video. I give you my word. Try to not worry.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
Scornflakes

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:44:34 AM

Ok. I will go and visit their office on wednesday or thursday.

This is a very positive development.

knightlife999, thank you very much for making this effort; especially when dealing with kidney stones.
I very much look forward to your report.

And a speedy recovery!
southerngentuk

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:24:22 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2013, 07:36:49 AM by southerngentuk

knightlife999, thank you very much for making this effort; especially when dealing with kidney stones.

And a speedy recovery!

The pair of you should get a room !!  Grin

EDIT : three of you

Agreed.  Terrahash, if there is anything that the community can to do help, I'm sure you will get an overwhelming response if you were to ask.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:34:32 AM

Ok. I will go and visit their office on wednesday or thursday. I'm suffering with kidney stones, but I will go and take pictures and video. I originally wanted to go in a couple of weeks to see them "in production". I'll go earlier to quell the mob and preserve my investment. I don't want to get negative, but please do not ride me. I am an ex-cop, martial arts instructor, and veteran forex currency invesment manager. I don't tell you this to puff myself up. I want you to understand who you are dealing with. I don't take well to being pushed by people and I stick by my word. Please be patient for a couple of days and I'll give you guys a report on what I find. One of the main reasons I am doing this, is because I don't want anyone to jeopardize my orders with TH. If I can sooth everyone's nerves and calm you down, maybe you will allow these guys to do what we have paid them to do. I know that they have not been as communicative as many would like. However, could you imagine how stressful it would be to deal with such a high maintenance client base?

When I was trading forex for a living, I used to tell clients not to invest money that they could not afford to lose. Some did not listen to me, and were calling me for updates every day, terrified and needing reassurance. It made me hate my job, and after 10 years, I decided to restrict trading to professional clients alone. This is a risk intensive market we are invested in. If you can't afford to lose the money you're putting into it, I would recommend staying with something safer. "You don't invest your rent money" is what I always used to say. Once again, I am not saying what to do one way or the other, but I am seeing this transaction through. If they come through with my boards in the general time frame promised, I will most likely buy more. Who knows, maybe they will start building BFL based boards in the future if our batches come through. So, please take a breath and wait until I report what I find. I have to restate that I am passing kidney stones. If I can't make it on wednesday due to pain, I will go on thursday for certain. I'll take pics and video. I give you my word. Try to not worry.
Maybe these pussies will take some lessons from you kind sir and man the fuck up - if a man with no balls and invisible dick can ever man up...
Cheers and thank you for your help - you actually DO something rather than whining.
In Greek language man=ANΔPAΣ, AN-ΔPAΣ = if you act.
The opposite from pussies...
southerngentuk

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:09:21 AM

Official TerraHash representative here.

In order to be classified as a "scam", we have to be accepting money from you. All the folks who have contacted us since this morning, asking to place a pre-order, we have told them that we are not accepting any orders until we have something to ship.

Regarding the address, its not an alley, it is a wharehouse/retail space. It is for rent (see link below[1]). We are in the process of finalizing the lease. We don't have anything to do yet, as we all know Avalon has not released the specs yet. We will be buying the chips boards in bulk from BkkCoins (we are already in talks with him). We are already in talks with different suppliers for the components (again waiting for the Klondike design to be finished). We have already ordered automatic assembly machines (solder paste dispensers, SMT pick and place, reflow oven etc.).

The reason we went ahead with the press release so early is to gain hold in this market that is going to get very competitive soon.

I won't be replying to this thread anymore, and will be starting a new really official thread.

Thanks all.

[1] http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/off/3742997789.html

Can you get a pic of terra next to his PnP with his k16 board on top hashing, please,  Thankyou.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
xyzpdq

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:10:25 AM

And a speedy recovery!

The pair of you should get a room !!  Grin

EDIT : three of you

Does this thread not constitute a room?
southerngentuk

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 09:10:31 AM

Does this thread not constitute a room?

I'll leave it for someone else to work out.  Wink

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 09:27:56 AM

Maybe these pussies will take some lessons from you kind sir and man the fuck up - if a man with no balls and invisible dick can ever man up...
Cheers and thank you for your help - you actually DO something rather than whining.

I might add that ones most inclined to bitch and whine incessantly are the one's least likely to credit your tip jar for your kindness and effort. I speak from experience here, so I hope you become the exception.

If the guy goes, and casts his experienced eye, and reports back, despite the significant pain he is in, you better at least tip him a drink or two!

It's easy to complain on a forum.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 09:45:40 AM

I might add that ones most inclined to bitch and whine incessantly are the one's least likely to credit your tip jar for your kindness and effort. I speak from experience here, so I hope you become the exception.

If the guy goes, and casts his experienced eye, and reports back, despite the significant pain he is in, you better at least tip him a drink or two!

It's easy to complain on a forum.
I will tip my first BTC mined with TH to him!
JakeTri

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:19:22 PM

Just sent out an email. We have secured two additional early-may orders of Avalon ASIC chips. We now have 40,000 chips (all ordered before May 16) which are enough to process all the orders that we received during our pre-order opening. If we get the Avalon chips by the end of this month, we will ship out all the orders by Mid August.

On a separate note, the test board is hashing now. I will post pics/videos tomorrow. Have a great weekend!

Look like "tomorrow" really means in one week so far (maybe even more) ...

My translation for
we will ship out all the orders by Mid August
using same time scale would be

we will ship out all the orders by January/February 2014

BTC donations always welcome: 1JakeTriwbahMYp1rSfJbTn7Afd1w62p2q
atomicchaos

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:07:11 PM

Great message, thank you very much for your contribution!

Cryptocoin- Same goes for you, you both are a perfect example of what this thread needs. I think everyone is willing to help, in fact I read somebody offered to answer support requests, but Terrahash never got back to them.

When you invest in something, most of the time you're willing to do anything you need to in order to help the cause and protect the investment. I also agree with the fact that a constant reassurance is not something that should be expected, but broken promises don't sit well with me combined with the lack of information. I made the decision to invest here as a mitigated risk, as I was not going to go all in with BTC since my level of trust was not quite at 100%.

Keep it positive folks!

atomicchaos

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:09:17 PM

Androklis, thanks for such a useful contribution!

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: