Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:47:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:59:21 AM

.....We believe most of the refund claims being made now are because of the falling USD/BTC prices. The "item not received" claims being made on PayPal are deceiving and misleading..

My cancellation was before the fall and they didn't want to work with me within paypal.  Their info didn't add up for me then... and they still seem to not want to answer many questions ..... selective anwsering.

The good news of this shows "item not received" is working as refund for more then just me.  If you used papal even if TH denies your refund keep this option in mind!  
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 04:59:39 AM

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
rizzman

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:15:01 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2013, 05:29:38 AM by rizzman

Issue with PayPal has been resolved. We have access to the funds now.

About the refund policy, it was changed way before the orders were taken. We believe most of the refund claims being made now are because of the falling USD/BTC prices. The "item not received" claims being made on PayPal are deceiving and misleading, as everyone who placed an order knew that products would be delivered within two weeks of the delivery of the Avalon chips. This was also written on individual product pages. Some people are abusing the PayPal refund process by making false claims. Any how, we will be refunding all those orders now as a few people have showed interest in buying those cancelled orders. However, we are doing this as an exception and our refund policy is still the same.

We again stress that everything is going on-track, and we will deliver all the orders within the promised time-frame.

Guys you are completely off base with your assumptions:

These are the reasons why your seeing people jump ship

1. We haven't seen anything concrete other than a PCB with some chips soldered to it and a metal frame for the DX models. with very little correspondence in the meantime.
2. It took 2 weeks for you to deny my refund, only to find out they changed their refund policy 2 days before accepting pre-orders. Not cool.
3. Just as btceic said, you log off without spending any time answering questions. and only communicate when its time to do damage control -- This IS the problem, Not the fall in Bitcoin value...
4. And the biggest of all reason is that it is very unlikely that you will have the chips in possession by August and unless you can confirm otherwise this will be a major concern. Yifu, said some where's in one of the forums that Avalon will not be shipping chips until they are caught up with the Batch 2 units...I have been watching the difficulty rate change, and had they been able to actually catch up, we would have seen a hellish spike in difficulty, and this has not happened yet. My concern here is that A. The batch 2 units that they sold are taking much longer than usual. and B. because of this, the chip order will be delayed as well.

So unless everyone's batch 2 orders are sitting on a boat waiting to be plugged in, I fear that you will not be able to put out these units until early September at best, which is when KnC will be releasing their monsters which is sure to kill the already overpriced hashrate available on your klondikes. This is speculating that KnC delivers. but the real issue is the availability of chips. Can you address this issue?

Given you've been very courteous and allowed people to visit your office, and yes you soldered some chips to a PCB. but there is so much still left unanswered...  you used to post much more often before we dropped fat stacks of cash into your accounts, but since opening day we have yet to see any real progress or at least communication regarding the actual important parts of the product - the functionality of the boards.  You just posted screenshots today, and given you are waiting for BKKCoins to finish the boards, but why not sooner? reality is this... I, as well as many others on here gave YOU money Terrahash, not BKKCoins - That excuse that you are just following his lead is fine, but as a customer, I want to hear the news come from the ones I paid money to. and as a business, it is your responsibility to ensure that my confidence in your abilities is sustained - especially regarding a product which doesn't even exist yet in a working form. This has not happened.

Why does it have to come down to this? why are you only responding when people are getting on edge, and starting to attempt to back out of supporting them? I don't mean to discredit what you've already accomplished. I think its great you guys are getting stuff done, just please try to improve these areas.

Honestly Terrahash, If you would do the following I wouldn't even care if I got a refund:

1. Keep us informed. It doesn't have to be earth shattering, but just give us a brief update at least every couple days. This doesn't need to be coming from an engineer's lips via a play by play news feed, but do us a favor, and do Terrahash a HUGE favor and pay someone if you don't have time to sit around and answer questions like these - seriously, this could be a minimum wage investment not to mention tax credit and will pay for itself ten fold by bolstering confidence in your organization. Not to mention you'd be doing some poor sap a favor by giving him/her a way to put food on the table

2. Check your email more often. I know you guys must be getting flooded with questions but, seriously - At the very least, it shouldn't take two attempts to contact you and two weeks for you to just deny someone a refund... I understand you guys have a policy, and I'm cool with it as are many others who are more patient than I am, but in the business world - the word refund is the same as saying there is a problem. Don't let it fester, be responsive.

Again, I don't mean this to be a bash. More accurately I am hoping they take this as constructive criticism and make some meaningful changes in the way you do business. I believe in you guys and I truly hope you are successful as we need a strong business presence for asics here in the states,  just don't fall into the same trap as BFL... Communicate with your customers BEFORE there becomes a problem. Foster the trust that has already been put into you and you will find yourselves very rich in the near future.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:46:24 AM

Maybe these pussies will take some lessons from you kind sir and man the fuck up - if a man with no balls and invisible dick can ever man up...
Cheers and thank you for your help - you actually DO something rather than whining.
In Greek language man=ANΔPAΣ, AN-ΔPAΣ = if you act.
The opposite from pussies...

Androklis, thanks for such a useful contribution!
Hey atomiccunt, you visited my group sweet! Too bad for you I don't like C girlie male like you.
You seem to like my advices - here's another one: join the army you will find your dream job! They treat so good sweet fat girlie kids like you sweetheart, you make the perfect bitch..
klee
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:54:44 AM

STOP MAKING PROMISES YOU DON'T INTEND TO KEEP!
I promise that if you sweet pussy visit me in Greece this summer you will have a hell of a summer Wink
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:01:04 AM

Maybe these pussies will take some lessons from you kind sir and man the fuck up - if a man with no balls and invisible dick can ever man up...
Cheers and thank you for your help - you actually DO something rather than whining.

Hey atomiccunt, you visited my group sweet! Too bad for you I don't like C girlie male like you.
You seem to like my advices - here's another one: join the army you will find your dream job! They treat so good sweet fat girlie kids like you sweetheart, you make the perfect bitch..
@klee Thank you for useful contribution, This thread is Awesome - where's that popcorn.. 

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
klee
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:06:00 AM

@klee Thank you for useful contribution, This thread is Awesome - where's that popcorn.. 
You know what is funny? I am so well positioned being an early adopter & miner that I have spread my funds to Bitfury, TH, AMC, ASICMINER, KnC and ready to do so in some more (labcoin, btcgarden etc). So know I watch these crying girls whining losing their funds (though I am sure most of them are payed trolls from competitors)
and can't think what will be more amusing for me:
a) TH being a scam (bye bye orders - a LOT of whining in PUBLIC)
b) TH delivers and they have cancelled (so much crying in PRIVATE I can't stop laughing thinking about it)

Most of them newbies who thought the cryptoland is a buck heaven lmao
angelus359

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:21:02 AM

Legally you have to offer refunds on any product until it ships even if it is made to order.
There are no exceptions, even if it's inconvenient.

You can't rationally claim that these parts were ordered using funds from paypal, because your paypal account was locked at the time, and you ordered some of the parts beforehand.
That invalidates that logic completely.

Terrahash, your policy is violating the FTC rules.

Also, even if you were not violating FTC guidelines, I took snapshots of that page 20 minutes AFTER I ORDERED which were the same as what the image showed that you are disputing. I was protecting my ass incase this came up.

You just lied to us.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:37:22 AM

Legally you have to offer refunds on any product until it ships even if it is made to order.

You can't rationally claim that these parts were ordered using funds from paypal, because your paypal account was locked at the time, and you ordered some of the parts beforehand.

Also, even if you were not violating FTC guidelines, I took snapshots of that page 20 minutes AFTER I ORDERED which were the same as what the image showed that you are disputing. I was protecting my ass incase this came up.

You just lied to us.
No irony in my question - why don't you do something legally then? Sue him, I am serious...

EDIT: If people here think they are scammed they should hire together a lawyer - threats and complaints won't do the trick.

toxic_cz

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:43:47 AM

Is there any function to block/ignore some retarded users on this forum?
angelus359

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:58:18 AM

You just lied to us.
No irony in my question - why don't you do something legally then? Sue him, I am serious...

EDIT: If people here think they are scammed they should hire together a lawyer - threats and complaints won't do the trick.

I just filed a complaint with the federal trade commission for violation of the returns rules from http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule
klee
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 09:01:20 AM

You just lied to us.

I just filed a complaint with the federal trade commission for violation of the returns rules from http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule
Interesting - I like moves like these, actions not words!
I wish the best for your interests...
I will act after end of July in case I see no progress.
angelus359

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 09:08:22 AM

I first discovered the terrahash page the day ordering opened up. I did not see it before that date.

They offered refunds at that point. If they changed their terms after, it's a bait and switch.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:49:10 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252233.msg2694806#msg2694806

Enjoy your refunds children.

Avalon chips inbound,  I'll gladly pay "$1200" for a case if it means supporting Terrahash to build a miner.

They are not making very much on the actual boards/chips.

I'd say that every cancellation means I move up in the queue, but I'm the first order so it doesn't really affect me.

I hope everyone that does move up due to childlike emotional cancellations enjoys watching everyone receive their miners.

I expect them to receive the avalon chips right after BkkCoins gets his board fully functional. Timing seems to work out nicely!

Grin
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:54:23 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252233.msg2694806#msg2694806

Enjoy your refunds children.

Avalon chips inbound,  I'll gladly pay "$1200" for a case if it means supporting Terrahash to build a miner.

They are not making very much on the actual boards/chips.

I'd say that every cancellation means I move up in the queue, but I'm the first order so it doesn't really affect me.

I hope everyone that does move up due to childlike emotional cancellations enjoys watching everyone receive their miners.

I expect them to receive the avalon chips right after BkkCoins gets his board fully functional. Timing seems to work out nicely!

I see some nice pictures, but no where does it say the chips are being released by avalon as yet !

Gridchip's original post is not here,and it's all chinese.
Based on Gridchip's post:
  • Gridchip designed the 110nm chip for Avalon.
  • Now,Gridchip is working on 40nm chip,so there is no 40nm chip now.
  • And Gridchip want to do the sell (40nm chip) directly,not with Avalon any more.
  • Gridchip post those picture to prove what he said.
  • There MAYBE some delay because TSMC is busy,just MAYBE.
  • And the 40nm chip hash rate will be 2-2.5G

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
zurg

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:22:09 AM

As for Terrahash working with BKKCoins.., etc.. do any of you realize that timing of Terrahash's posts in the Klondike thread is at like 3 and 3:30am PST?
Not pointing fingers, just saying Smiley

Still waiting for Amir to find my $, lol Sad, well, not really funny anymore now that chips supposedly shipped.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 11:23:28 AM

where is the proof that they bought any of those? besides the known 10,000?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 11:40:37 AM

As for Terrahash working with BKKCoins.., etc.. do any of you realize that timing of Terrahash's posts in the Klondike thread is at like 3 and 3:30am PST?

Is it bad to be burning midnight oil?

so, how about those refunds?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:50:38 AM

Take note Terrahash, ref: their videos; http://www.kraterminer.com/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253550.msg2697547#msg2697547

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
zurg

Activity: 826

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:51:53 AM

Is it bad to be burning midnight oil?

Absolutely not Smiley
WB BTW!
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: