Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:12:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
knightlife999

Activity: 845
Merit: 1000

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:01:09 AM

I'm sorry I couldn't get more info for you guys today. I'll keep on it and go back asap.

Btw, BTC on the rise! 86.50
Nice upward momentum!

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jc328

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:07:39 AM

I'm sorry I couldn't get more info for you guys today. I'll keep on it and go back asap.

Btw, BTC on the rise! 86.50
Nice upward momentum!

Not at all.  Thanks for your work on this and taking the time to gather more information for us.

Noticed the BTC rise as well!  Always nice  Cheesy

terrahash (OP)

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:09:13 AM

Hello Everyone,

I made the trip to Terrahash today and was able to find out a few things. I called twice in the morning and got no answer, so they were not expecting me today. I arrived at their office at 14:40 hours. The door was unlocked and I entered the office. I noted the receptionist desk with the computer and printer on it. We have seen that desk in the photos that TH posted last month. Amir was in his office working on the K16 board with all 16 chips. He greeted me and was very friendly and polite. He told me that he was not expecting me until Thursday. I mentioned calling earlier and noted that the voicemail was not working at the time. Amir noted that he was advised to not provide unrestricted video of his entire office due to legal concerns. I understood this, as I am familiar with California recording laws.  However, he did allow me to video the cards on his desk to verify that they are in his possession and he has the sample chips. His desk had a large amount of testing equipment, meters, and soldering gear in addition to a PC. He stated that now that BKK has his board working, they are planning on getting their full K16 up and hashing in the next day or two. He requested that I return to video the K16 working in the coming days. His tech is coming into the office to work late this evening and will be finishing what is necessary to begin hashing on the board. I said that I would be willing to return tomorrow, and he said that he wants to make sure the board is hashing to make my trip worth it. After making the video of the boards, Amir stated that he had a 3pm appointment he was late for. As it was 15:00, I gave him my business card and he said that he would call me to come in and record the board hashing. He also said that he would allow me to take pictures of their bulk chip invoices when I returned. I left at this point. I only had 15 minutes to speak with him (if that). There isn't much to the video I was able to take. Just confirmation that they are at the address listed, and they have the boards and sample chips that they have claimed to have. I'll include a link to the video below. I found out a few additional items of interest. I'll include them below.

Here is what I was able to find out:

1. Terrahash is finalizing their own boards using BKK's thread as a guide (already known).
2. Terrahash will be using an outside company to assemble the boards(once chips arrive). That is why they have given the 2 week time frame from the day they receive the chips. They are paying a company to mount the chips. Amir said that he would speak to the plant that will be doing assembly to see if I can pay them a visit in the coming week.
3. Terrahash has ordered an additional 20k chips from people in the Bay Area in addition to the 40k chips they presently have on order. They will use those chips to fulfill the orders and the rest will be used for regular internet sales once our pre-orders are shipped. If they have 60k chips on order, and all Avalon batches are being shipped (which is what appears to be the case), then we should all be in the "first batch". Amir stated that they bought the additional 20k chips to be certain that they can fulfill all of our orders on time and have enough to open the website to regular sales after we have received our orders.
4. Terrahash's office is just an office. It's not an assembly facility. Other than 4 boards and sample chips, they will be mounting and assembling all other boards off site. When I go back in the next few days to a week, I will take pictures of the case and get more information about where they will assemble full units. I'm assuming that they will do it at their office and ship from there.
5. Amir was advised to limit pictures and videos. It is private property and according to California state law, that is their right. Though he was advised to do that he will allow me to video the board hashing and take pictures of their chip invoices when I return. (Refer to: http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/access-private-property  &   http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/california-recording-law   &   http://www.aclupa.org/issues/freespeech/kyrwhentakingphotosandmaki.htm)

Youtube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si2mtVPXKeA

Here are some pictures I took of the boards:

http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/knightlife999/library/

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will keep everyone posted about my upcoming 2nd trip to Terrahash. I feel confident that we will get our products. If I don't hear back from them by early next week, I will make the trip anyway to check on progress.

Thanks. Just to be clear, the "outside company" where the boards will be assembled, is owned by one of our partners. Its a brand new facility with an SMT assembly line set up for a project which won't start getting manufactured for another 5-6 months. So, we have full access to the SMT assembly line for the next few months.

knightlife999

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:11:40 AM

Thank you for the clarification Amir. Very nice to meet you today. Please let me know asap when I can return and check out the working board, chip invoices, and DX case. I'm really looking forward to seeing the K16 hashing.  Smiley

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:14:37 AM

Knight i have to give you credit for going there. Being first person, does deserve applause.  

I find it funny they don't office to be seen much at all.  And still no proof of more chip purchase, or video of board actually doing anything.  Thanks for doing what u did.  
fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:31:32 AM

What time does the tech come in ?
knightlife999

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:33:33 AM

What time does the tech come in ?

He didn't give me a daily time, but he said that the tech was coming in to work at 1700 this evening.

fasmax

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:39:16 AM

I didn't see the board that had 2 ASIC's on one side.
The one with the PicKit 3 attached. Also did you see the PicKit 3? and or any power supplys?
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:45:45 AM

Official TerraHash representative here.

In order to be classified as a "scam", we have to be accepting money from you. All the folks who have contacted us since this morning, asking to place a pre-order, we have told them that we are not accepting any orders until we have something to ship.

Regarding the address, its not an alley, it is a wharehouse/retail space. It is for rent (see link below[1]). We are in the process of finalizing the lease. We don't have anything to do yet, as we all know Avalon has not released the specs yet. We will be buying the chips boards in bulk from BkkCoins (we are already in talks with him). We are already in talks with different suppliers for the components (again waiting for the Klondike design to be finished). We have already ordered automatic assembly machines (solder paste dispensers, SMT pick and place, reflow oven etc.).

The reason we went ahead with the press release so early is to gain hold in this market that is going to get very competitive soon.

I won't be replying to this thread anymore, and will be starting a new really official thread.

Thanks all.

[1] http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/off/3742997789.html

Thanks. Just to be clear, the "outside company" where the boards will be assembled, is owned by one of our partners. Its a brand new facility with an SMT assembly line set up for a project which won't start getting manufactured for another 5-6 months. So, we have full access to the SMT assembly line for the next few months.

Grin

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
terrahash (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:59:28 AM

The 16 chip board is working now (kind of). We are only using 8 chips on one side to hash right now. The Ktest utility that BkkCoins made, can talk to the board, send it test data and read back nonces. The nonces are coming back as "GOOD". The default clock is 64 MHz (it says 128 in the pics below, because BkkCoins says its half frequency). Increasing the clock to 128 also works. Anything more than that, and nonces stop coming back. The board is hashing as well at 64 MHz and 128 MHz, however, its still throwing some errors while hashing. So far it has gone upto 809 MH/s. Its varying a lot right now as the board is throwing hardware errors. Now we will start debugging these errors. However, we believe this is a big feat so far.

In the video below, the red LED is not blinking because I burnt it earlier today. I also show the BTCGuild dashboard, and then refresh it to show the updated number of accepted shares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBqWftIsLMI

https://terrahash.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ktest-nonces.png
https://terrahash.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/board-hashing-test1.png

terrahash (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:01:11 AM

The one with the PicKit 3 attached. Also did you see the PicKit 3? and or any power supplys?

You can see the PicKit 3 and the power supply in the video.
fasmax

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:04:07 AM

Were is the board with 2 chips on the one side?
terrahash (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:06:35 AM

You gotta be kidding me. What's coming next? Pictures of the soldering iron and the solder?
fasmax

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:09:16 AM

You can see the PicKit 3 and the power supply in the video.
When watching the video my computer was attacked.
With IPS Alert Name
Web Attack: FakeAV Down load 2
Attacking Computer 212.7.195.111,80
Attaker URL irxydbyblq.myftp.biz/indes.php?c...
chanberg

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:10:14 AM

You gotta be kidding me. What's coming next? Pictures of the soldering iron and the solder?

LOL hahahahahah
southerngentuk

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:14:06 AM

Pictures of the pick and place machine you ordered ? reflow oven ?

No thought not !

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
terrahash (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:21:10 AM

Pictures of the pick and place machine you ordered ? reflow oven ?

No thought not !

Come down here I'll give you a tour of the facility.

southerngentuk

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:25:06 AM

I though that was someone else`s facility. ?

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Scornflakes

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:30:33 AM

Hello Everyone,

I made the trip to Terrahash today...

Thank you knightlife999 for going on this trip as you promised.  I think with your efforts, some of the more alarming concerns raised in older posts have been put to rest.  We are dealing with a legitimate start up that has been off to a very rough start.  Things appear to be moving in a positive and acceptable direction.  I am seeing hardware being worked on, multiple updates, and photos from Terrahash.  My comfort level and patience have all been re established.
Scornflakes

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:35:57 AM

The 16 chip board is working now (kind of).

Thank you Terrahash for opening up your office to knightlife999.  I also appreciate the recent efforts in keeping us updated with progress.  Speaking for myself, not hearing from your firm in this forum was one of my biggest concerns.

Now I'll leave you be so you can get those boards hashing Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: