Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:26:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:36:45 AM

Just curious because the demo board that they demonstrated had a lot of hardware errors.
So don't you think it is a fair question ask about a revised board that should get rid of the hardware errors?
TerraHash should have received 60 sample chips to experiment with so they should be able to test a new PCB.
If im not mistaken, they mentioned somewhere they will be printing the new revised board. There was some issues known,,,so?
Edit: If i find it I will post,,,but Im feeling sure they are.
Yes they said they were printing new a PCB so the question remains have they tested the new PCB's?
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:54:50 AM

Just curious because the demo board that they demonstrated had a lot of hardware errors.
So don't you think it is a fair question ask about a revised board that should get rid of the hardware errors?
TerraHash should have received 60 sample chips to experiment with so they should be able to test a new PCB.
If im not mistaken, they mentioned somewhere they will be printing the new revised board. There was some issues known,,,so?
Edit: If i find it I will post,,,but Im feeling sure they are.
Yes they said they were printing new a PCB so the question remains have they tested the new PCB's?
10-4 not sure but would like to think they will...lol,,before printing 1000's of them....

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:28:15 AM

Hey gang, (KL and S.gent) thx for the info on canary....super prices! and he sure seems solid with trust! Now if i can just figure out how to send and sign etc,,,lol, but its all there I just need to study his thread again, can't be that hard Smiley

How to sign,post # 410,if the link does not take you to it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195052.msg2087551#msg2087551

Just change the body of the letter to state what you want,its a great example  Cool

The bitcoin address you sent the payment from is ANY address you RECIEVE BTC with to YOUR wallet  Wink

Just copy & paste the 3 fields in an email or PM & your done!!!!  Grin

Hey I just read through that..its a good example. I may have a question still about this part: where am I generating this address from?

In line 1 - enter the bitcoin address you sent the payment from

I that my address for payment to canary (his receive address) ?

Ill look at it more later got to go get supper for me and my son... Smiley
thx Unacceptable,,,great link!

EDIT: I think I just saw my answer in your post,,,that address would be any receive address generated in my own wallet,,,same as if i was generating an address for receiving payment from a pool etc...
Exactly  Wink
I use the addy from my pool,which I've used since June 2011.It's been a steady addy & is easy to find in my wallet & on my pool account page Grin

No problem,I was confused as hell till I found that guys post  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:16:42 AM

Hey gang, (KL and S.gent) thx for the info on canary....super prices! and he sure seems solid with trust! Now if i can just figure out how to send and sign etc,,,lol, but its all there I just need to study his thread again, can't be that hard Smiley

Just change the body of the letter to state what you want,its a great example  Cool

The bitcoin address you sent the payment from is ANY address you RECIEVE BTC with to YOUR wallet  Wink

Hey I just read through that..its a good example. I may have a question still about this part: where am I generating this address from?

EDIT: I think I just saw my answer in your post,,,that address would be any receive address generated in my own wallet,,,same as if i was generating an address for receiving payment from a pool etc...
Exactly  Wink
I use the addy from my pool,which I've used since June 2011.It's been a steady addy & is easy to find in my wallet & on my pool account page Grin

its becoming clearer...lol, thx again man! so you just use the same address over and over for receive coin,,,for the signature part? (line 1)
when signing...

FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 04:37:59 AM

I will answer all the questions asked below as FAQ here:

Q. Are you going to design your own PCBs?
A. No, we will be using BkkCoins' Klondike design. We are already in talks with him for a bulk order. But of course, we are still waiting for specs from Avalon, before he can finish the design.

Huh

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:47:22 AM

A. No, we will be using BkkCoins' Klondike design. We are already in talks with him for a bulk order. But of course, we are still waiting for specs from Avalon, before he can finish the design.

Huh
wow thats old...yes they are using his design complete with royalty's...but are having their own boards printed from that design locally,,,at least now they are,,,I remember that faq....lol....I think there has been a lot of twist and turns for TH,,,,, putting it lightly.. Smiley

Plus they have a full k16 already hashing....beyond that does it really matter who makes he boards? they got it now Smiley

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 05:19:34 AM

Exactly  Wink

its becoming clearer...lol, thx again man! so you just use the same address over and over for receive coin,,,for the signature part? (line 1)
when signing...

the address you use for the signature should be the address you sent coin from (you need to check the block change transaction to get the address use http://blockchain.info/ or http://blockexplorer.com/) enter you transaction id in the search and you will find the address ( or addresses, use either one)  e.g. my transaction id was ----     fc3180a4cc196558890bb5e884685464c2d27980beca322bf1f1cfd4dbebdaf9
this returns with my address >>>>>>>>>>   1DononEbNw8traGfgQpvkV99tRPkat8H7t
and that is the address to sign with..

Try it with my transaction then do the same for yours  Grin

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 05:26:31 AM

Huh
wow thats old...yes they are using his design complete with royalty's...but are having their own boards printed from that design locally,,,at least now they are,,,I remember that faq....lol....I think there has been a lot of twist and turns for TH,,,,, putting it lightly.. Smiley

Plus they have a full k16 already hashing....beyond that does it really matter who makes he boards? they got it now Smiley

BKK I believe has received the revision board and is populating it by hand ( probably as I type, it took him 6hrs last time i believe)

Am sure/hope TeraHash is waiting for the results of the revisions before ordering new pcb`s ( there is no point in anyone else doing this until bkk`s is working )

Were at the mercy of Avalon now  Angry

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:24:05 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2013, 03:25:30 PM by MinermanNC

Exactly  Wink

No problem,I was confused as hell till I found that guys post  Grin
when signing...

the address you use for the signature should be the address you sent coin from (you need to check the block change transaction to get the address use http://blockchain.info/ or http://blockexplorer.com/) enter you transaction id in the search and you will find the address ( or addresses, use either one)  e.g. my transaction id was ----     fc3180a4cc196558890bb5e884685464c2d27980beca322bf1f1cfd4dbebdaf9
this returns with my address >>>>>>>>>>   1DononEbNw8traGfgQpvkV99tRPkat8H7t
and that is the address to sign with..

Try it with my transaction then do the same for yours  Grin

OK, I think I got it,,,lol,
For example:
I went to my wallet and looked at a sent transaction to coinbase.
I right clicked on that CB transaction and hit "show transaction details".
I Copied and pasted that long "Transaction ID" number.
I Pasted that ID number in the Bitcoin Block Exploxer Search window and searched.
IT went to a page with a heading "Transactions"
It Displayed a box with a "From Address" and to the left of it it showed the amount of BTC I had sent to CB in that transaction.
So, is the address in the "From Address" box, my address and is that what I would paste in LINE 1 of the signature box window?
Then of course fill in the info for my mailing address etc.

Ok, I think I have it now Smiley please correct me if im still not getting it... I just think Im having brain farts here,,,comes with age Smiley

Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:36:19 PM

Huh

BKK I believe has received the revision board and is populating it by hand ( probably as I type, it took him 6hrs last time i believe)

Am sure/hope TeraHash is waiting for the results of the revisions before ordering new pcb`s ( there is no point in anyone else doing this until bkk`s is working )

What are we looking at? End of August, Mid Sept? or later.
bebfoo

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:40:22 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2013, 04:43:40 PM by bebfoo

No one knows except Avalon, and they aren't saying shit.  I'm not very hopeful at this point. ROI for the TH devices is going to quickly dwindle to nothing if chips don't show up in TH's hands in the next few weeks.
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:45:02 PM

We are looking at 2 weeks from whenever TH gets the chips, in other words, nobody knows.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:04:36 PM

No one knows except Avalon, and they aren't saying shit.  I'm not very hopeful at this point. ROI for the TH devices is going to quickly dwindle to nothing if chips don't show up in TH's hands in the next few weeks.
[/quote]
More like the next few days!

bluefin

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:48:44 PM

are these guys legit? they seem kind of flaky with responding to refunds, queue position, support tickets and basic communications. also i am trying to find info on how many people cancelled and or got/asked for a refund, if i order now what will be my queue position?

edit: there seems to be alot of backlash on refunds, I just googled them and see a ton of sites badmouthing them, why dont they stand up for themselves?
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 07:17:22 PM

are these guys legit? they seem kind of flaky with responding to refunds, queue position, support tickets and basic communications. also i am trying to find info on how many people cancelled and or got/asked for a refund, if i order now what will be my queue position?

edit: there seems to be alot of backlash on refunds, I just googled them and see a ton of sites badmouthing them, why dont they stand up for themselves?
Ya they are legit,,,,but their communication skills are lacking a bit. I will say this for their defense....they do have a working prototype K16 and was first out of the gate to get it hashing.....so I am still confident they will deliver asap when the chips come in. As always, we all are including TH, at the mercy of avalon....As far as que? if you havent ordered yet,,,then there will be a new que I assume when they start taking orders again,,,their site should still be showing "out of stock" on fully assembled Klondikes.

joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:13:42 PM

Terrahash should be filing a lawsuit (or preparing to do so)

bluefin

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:20:34 PM

Terrahash should be filing a lawsuit (or preparing to do so)

who are they going to sue? yifu from avalon?
joeventura

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:28:02 PM

It's BitSynCom LLC and Yifu are part of an LLC in New York so yes you would sue him and his company.

WTF is wrong with every one they think that these people are untouchable because it's Bitcoin related??!?!

Wait until one of them gets a 5 million dollar  judgement that follows them around for the next 30 years and see how they feel.
bluefin

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:42:14 PM

It's BitSynCom LLC and Yifu are part of an LLC in New York so yes you would sue him and his company.

WTF is wrong with every one they think that these people are untouchable because it's Bitcoin related??!?!

Wait until one of them gets a 5 million dollar  judgement that follows them around for the next 30 years and see how they feel.

slow down buddy, thats not what i was asking. what i was asking was clarification on whom you thought they should be sueing, yifu and avalon or the people badmouthing them. i think, that just like you, avalon is f***ing with everyone.
joeventura

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:46:30 PM

slow down buddy, thats not what i was asking. what i was asking was clarification on whom you thought they should be sueing, yifu and avalon or the people badmouthing them. i think, that just like you, avalon is f***ing with everyone.

Ok sorry, sue them all let God sort them out.  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: