Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:32:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:24:33 PM

And this is exactly why regulators are going to argue Bitcoin has no consumer protection, unlike the major credit card companies. The people who paid these guys in Bitcoin can easily get screwed over.

Agreed. Which is exactly why there needs to be a similar scheme in place for bitcoin. Or more than one. Mining is just a piece of the game.

And what 'consumer protection' is in place for cash $ ?  Bitcoin is just a currency.  Currencies do not ever have built-in consumer protections.

That being said, there is no reason why you couldn't eventually get a credit card that DOES give you protection AND let's you pay your bill with BTC if you want to.

Yep. That's exactly what I'm saying. Bitcoin needs a company or companies to issue credit/debit cards in bitcoin. If I had the technical wherewithal and the funds, this is what I would pursue over mining. It would make mainstream adoption way easier, offer consumer protection, and give the regulators something to target that actually kind of makes sense. Bitcoin, in itself, is just money. You don't send cash by mail or give it to strangers for the same reasons.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:32:30 PM

You know what they say "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while"

That's your new motto I bet! I truly believe you'll find yours eventually.

You are an amatuer, as all you do is play captain hindsight.

Hindsight? I believe many of us have been fighting your cheerleading in the entire thread. Who was the blind one again?

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:34:43 PM

And this is exactly why regulators are going to argue Bitcoin has no consumer protection, unlike the major credit card companies. The people who paid these guys in Bitcoin can easily get screwed over.

Agreed. Which is exactly why there needs to be a similar scheme in place for bitcoin. Or more than one. Mining is just a piece of the game.

And what 'consumer protection' is in place for cash $ ?  Bitcoin is just a currency.  Currencies do not ever have built-in consumer protections.

That being said, there is no reason why you couldn't eventually get a credit card that DOES give you protection AND let's you pay your bill with BTC if you want to.

Yep. That's exactly what I'm saying. Bitcoin needs a company or companies to issue credit/debit cards in bitcoin. If I had the technical wherewithal and the funds, this is what I would pursue over mining. It would make mainstream adoption way easier, offer consumer protection, and give the regulators something to target that actually kind of makes sense. Bitcoin, in itself, is just money. You don't send cash by mail or give it to strangers for the same reasons.
Guess this is where escrow accounts come in.... with BTC

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
atomicchaos

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:35:04 PM

Better to be Captain Hindsight than Captain Failhard Doesntlisten.

(I gave Bargraphics over a month of advance warning, telling him to get out of Activemining while he could.  He called me an "asshole.")

He's stuck with 97,000 Active shares, for which he paid 0.0017 but now can't sell for over 0.0012.

So Captain Failhard, tell us again who the amateur here is.   Wink

It's so good to see others see through this idiot's cheerleading of horrible companies. Thanks for the insight on his many misadventures.

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:35:53 PM

That's your new motto I bet! I truly believe you'll find yours eventually.

Hindsight? I believe many of us have been fighting your cheerleading in the entire thread. Who was the blind one again?
I couldnt have said it better myself +1

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:37:32 PM

I have a modest proposal for Bargraphics, Atomicchaos, and possibly MinermanNC.

It is obvious that the three of you have personal problems with each other. Ok, two of you with Bar, to be specific. And it's obvious that all three of you are proud men who don't like to back down.

So.

Why don't y'all come out to Idaho and fight it out. I'll sell tickets, video the event, and split the profits with you.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:39:21 PM

Gee TH "going out of business" who woulda thunk, and I was called unwise and childish by DUKE and bar called me an amature one or 2  pages back,,,,,,,well let me tell ya something, MR Duke and bar, I  had enough insight and wisdom and f**king sense to get my chargeback started before the 60 day cut off, knowing the banks would most likely pull the plug on their accounts.... it appears my wisdom and age came through for me on this one.

PS: YOU WILL NOT SEE YOUR MONEY FOR A LONG LONG TIME IF EVER, especially if they are going into bankruptcy,,,at best PENNIES on the dollar..... and it will all be perfectly legal you get what you get based on their assets and cash on hand. Been there done that,,,but what do I know right? or even Atomic for that matter..... ATOMIC tried hard to warn everyone over and over, I am glad I looked to him for advise and his honest opinion in another forum on what to do here,,,his advise saved me 3,000 THANK YOU ATOMIC!!!! (even tho my gut was telling me to get out while the gettn was good) Smiley

That being said, we have heard it all before, you paid with a credit card/paypal and got your money back. Great! Maybe your "age" is preventing you to understand that this isn't about people that paid via CC or PayPal anymore as they all received their money back.

Better to be Captain Hindsight than Captain Failhard Doesntlisten.

(I gave Bargraphics over a month of advance warning, telling him to get out of Activemining while he could.  He called me an "asshole.")

He's stuck with 97,000 Active shares, for which he paid 0.0017 but now can't sell for over 0.0012.

So Captain Failhard, tell us again who the amateur here is.   Wink
Thats right! by golly.. Smiley

atomicchaos

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:40:45 PM

It is obvious that the three of you have personal problems with each other. Ok, two of you with Bar, to be specific. And it's obvious that all three of you are proud men who don't like to back down.

So.

Why don't y'all come out to Idaho and fight it out. I'll sell tickets, video the event, and split the profits with you.

That would be fun, he might use his "very large wallet" as a deadly weapon though.

Of course that said, it's a whole lot more than two people that have a problem with bar, but I'd gladly represent them.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:41:44 PM

Guess this is where escrow accounts come in.... with BTC

And other forms of cash. It's a good start, but not good enough to go mainstream. Escrow is done with cash, too, for the same reasons. I think the next evolutionary step is probably something like gift cards (already done to some extent) and then prepaid cards that work OUTSIDE of just a single or few entities, much like Visa and Mastercard are for dollars and Euros. Once that happens, then there are no real obstacles to bitcoin going mainstream. This would be good for practically everyone involved, as it would simply by wide adoption raise the exchange value of BTC. The beauty of a deflationary currency is that, so long as it gets used, it gains value over time.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:42:00 PM

So.

Hey Im in, im old old redneck that can still hold my weight, trust me  Wink

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:44:01 PM

So.

That would be fun, he might use his "very large wallet" as a deadly weapon though.

Of course that said, it's a whole lot more than two people that have a problem with bar, but I'd gladly represent them.
LOL...thats good.... that large wallet could be dangerous,,,of course it my be a tad lighter now after all this ....

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:44:42 PM

So.

Hey, I'm just one poor Injun. I can't organize a huge brawl, and you two were the most vocal on your side of the fence Smiley

On a more serious note, I think he meant well, and I think you meant well. It's no crime to be enthusiastic. In other threads, all of you seem to be reasonable men. Right now, in this thread, all three of you are being a bit petty, don't you think?
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:45:40 PM

So.

Hey Im in, im old old redneck that can still hold my weight, trust me  Wink

cool! Rednecks taught me to fight. Y'all are dangerous Smiley
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:46:54 PM

Ya know something... I sure am going to miss this thread one day..... Smiley I hope it doesnt get closed anytime soon,,,, so much more to do in here...

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:51:39 PM

Ya know something... I sure am going to miss this thread one day..... Smiley I hope it doesnt get closed anytime soon,,,, so much more to do in here...

We are in agreeance! I'm going to miss my biggest fans. The trolls in here have utterly and undeniably outdone themselves but alas none were effective on me Smiley

So, you in? Smiley
atomicchaos

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:55:19 PM

In honor of Bargraphics, I think we should do a montage of past posts to reflect on his contribution to this thread. It's been a great run fighting those that spread misinformation. And I don't even accept badges.

There is someone going to the Terrahash office that is willing to do a report with pictures, etc...

Terrahash has posted and agreed to this visit.

Delivery Dates have been given.

Board Development is being done from BkkCoins and Terrahash themselves, it really doesn't matter who makes it work first as once it is working it can be mass produced easily. (I'm sure some of you kids still won't accept this answer)

The Klondike 64 is 4 16 boards put together.

You paid a damn good price (Very cheap considering) for a company to do all the work for you so you don't have to get your little hands dirty. They can't shell out all of the extra expenses to hire PR people, to hire additional people to just answer the phones/respond by emails, especially when the only people writing to them are children that can't even be bothered to search the forum.

Just give them time, regardless of their own timelines, yes everyone agrees it is shitty for a company to make a promise and then be late on said promise (Note I didn't say break). But understand that them posting a video up won't get your boards any quicker.

THE ONLY TIMELINE THAT MATTERS IS THE TWO WEEK TIMELINE FROM WHEN THEY RECEIVE THE CHIPS TO DELIVERY.

Anyone arguing with the above statement is extremely dumb or does not have an order and just wants to cause issues.

Carry-on FUD slingers, Carry-on Megamouth/Bitcoin Scammer, Carry-on and Keep Calm.

Sadly paypal will always return in the buyers favor on "Item not received" cases. While it might take 1-2 weeks to get it done, it will be done.

I say sadly because you clowns that want refunds without it going past their estimated delivery date are toxic to small businesses, however keeping you here bitching about every little detail is probably worse.

Stop being needy whiny children.

I come to this thread to see if Terrahash responds but all I get is crying, bitching, and moaning.

Since they actually send out emails with their updates I should probably leave this thread as there's nothing here of importance (Even though it does give me some joy to rub real life in your face a little)
Anyone that says Terrahash customer service is shitty needs to wake up.

You are obviously living in a dreamland.

If you placed an "PRE"order for an undeveloped product of ANY kind with a delivery date, then you should expect maybe around 1 or so updates per week until they finally have all the parts delivered.

If you pre-ordered and can't take a week of silence before getting a preorder, that just means you should stick with a savings account and try to earn some measly interest on your money because mining isn't for you.

It seems like there a two different kinds of people in here.

People that understand businesses, refunds,  and the hours they operate. (These people don't have any issues with Terrahash)

People that don't understand any of the above and try calling non-work hour, sending tickets in with incorrect information, trying to use Terrahash as a hedge for their coins, etc... (These are the vocal idiots in this thread that are having issues)

Flame me all you want, the facts are in your posts.

90% of the people having issues are morons, I apologize to the 10% that are just having bad luck and I would simply keep on trying to resolve it with Terrahash as everytime I've talked with them they have been more than helpful.

I'm just going to call you stupid and maybe a little disgruntled that you went through all the hassle of getting a refund that will likely get to you the same time we get our miners.

Either way, without doing much work I'll try to address your "Concerns"

1.) He showed up right as Amir has an appointment and was already told that he could come back and finish the "meeting" when there was more time available. (Can't just let someone wonder about your office while no one is there)

2.) Terrahash probably has many contacts and refers to everyone that is helping with their production as "we". That being said I don't need to meet every employee if I'm meeting with the CEO (Jesus Christ the questions get worse)

3.) Did you not read his post at all?
He also said that he would allow me to take pictures of their bulk chip invoices when I returned.

4.) Who cares what the reason is, it is his right and honestly who cares what the tile in their office bathroom looks like. We saw boards, they have stated they will let us see all the stuff the really matters. Why do you persist on being a complete tool and requesting to see things that have no value in the production of what we ordered?

Hopefully I saved knightlife some time and gave everyone else a quick laugh at your expense.....

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 10:56:22 PM

Some events happened last week, that have forced us to make a decision to go out of business. A lot of issues compounded to press us to do this. The failure of the Klondike project was one. Chase, our bank, shut down our accounts. Also the delay in the shipment of the chips has resulted in a lot of customers asking for refund. We already owe a lot of money to PayPal, and with all the refund requests, it is impossible for us to continue our operation profitably. So we have decided to dissolve the company.

We are going to ask for a refund from Yifu. As soon as we get a refund from him, we will start refunding all the orders. We will be able to refund about 50% of every order with this amount. We are trying to get our money out of Chase, which will help us refund another ~5% of each order. We are trying to return as many components as we can, and as soon as we get more money back, we will send additional pro-rated payments to each order.

Once we get a refund from Yifu, we will be sending an email to everyone asking for a current Bitcoin address where to send the payments.

better luck next time.
so Yifu was one of the cause of your downfall.

atomicchaos

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:01:01 PM

Right now, in this thread, all three of you are being a bit petty, don't you think?

I concur, it's all petty, but after all his posts in this thread to many more people than myself with constant insults along the way, it's enjoyable to kick him when he's down for the count. I never said I didn't fight dirty.

atomicchaos

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:02:32 PM

Are people so easily fooled by quotes in July?

I doubt it, the community here is much smarter than the trolls in this thread would have you believe.

Again I am very flattered at the amount of work Atomic puts into trolling me.

I'm unsure why I haven't received a response from you regarding lunch. Based on the amount of time you spend fantasizing over me I could only assume this would fulfill one of your many dreams.

Would you like all the quotes in August and September too? The loudmouth of yours seemed so confident up until about 3 weeks ago.

I'd love lunch, shall I meet you at your favorite place in Florida? It sucks eating crow, doesn't it?

btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 11:03:36 PM

http://bflfraud.com/chat-logs/

[6/27/2013 6:06:31 AM] Benny: I’ve wired over $300,000 to three companies
[6/27/2013 6:06:37 AM] Benny: Probably around $400k
[6/27/2013 6:06:39 AM] Me: ? ? ? ? ? !!!!!!!!
[6/27/2013 6:06:50 AM] Benny: Maybe more actually
[6/27/2013 6:07:01 AM] Benny: Yea, a lot more actually
[6/27/2013 6:07:01 AM] Me: You have investors?
[6/27/2013 6:07:17 AM] Benny: Nope
[6/27/2013 6:07:43 AM] Benny: Heard of cloudhashing.com?
[6/27/2013 6:07:55 AM] Me: I think so, maybe
[6/27/2013 6:08:06 AM] Benny: That’s our business
[6/27/2013 6:08:10 AM] Me: I see
[6/27/2013 6:08:27 AM] Benny: Our goal once this dust all settles is to make mining available to the consumer
[6/27/2013 6:08:36 AM] Benny: Since a lot of these companies are mining solo or for themselves
[6/27/2013 6:08:49 AM] Benny: we’re also reinvesting 30% of mining monthly into new hardware
[6/27/2013 6:08:55 AM] Me: Makes sense
[6/27/2013 6:08:59 AM] Benny: So the theory is
[6/27/2013 6:09:10 AM] Benny: If Difficulty rises less than 30% monthly
[6/27/2013 6:09:12 AM] Benny: it stays ahead
[6/27/2013 6:09:25 AM] Me: True.
[6/27/2013 6:09:33 AM] Benny: In a perfect world, if we get the stuff we ordered
[6/27/2013 6:09:39 AM] Benny: We’ll have around 30TH in September
[6/27/2013 6:09:51 AM] Me: Wow!
[6/27/2013 6:10:00 AM] Me: Who else have you ordered from?
[6/27/2013 6:10:10 AM] Benny: KNCminer and around $80k with Terrahash
[6/27/2013 6:10:18 AM] Benny: we basically funded Terrahash to run their business
[6/27/2013 6:10:25 AM] Me: I see
[6/27/2013 6:10:26 AM] Benny: they used our money to buy their chips

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: