Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:35:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 11:56:11 AM

Terrahash
Hello, I would like to bring your attention on a new post published on the blog. Details of the post follow; I hope you will find it interesting. Best regards, TerraHash Team Estimated Delivery Dates.

We are glad to announce that we  have secured two additional early-may Avalon ASIC pre-orders, each for 10,000 chips. With these additional 20,000 chips along with our own May 10 and May 16 orders, we have enough chips to ship all the orders received till now in the first batch. Hopefully we will receive all the 40,000 chips before the end of this month. Once we receive all the chips, it will take at most 2 weeks to ship out all the orders. So, if you placed an order during our first pre-order opening (June 18-20)  you should receive your order by August 15.

Progress update.

We have made considerable progress over the last two weeks. We would like to apologize for taking so long to post an update, but these last two weeks were terribly busy. Here are the updates:
Enclosure:

A sample case for DX Large is ready. Everything looks fine, and we have ordered about a 100 of these. The final cases will have a better finish, and the feet and recesses that are missing in this sample. The design for DX Mini is ready too, and a sample will arrive early next week.

DSCN0142
Circuit:

After a hardware error was detected and corrected in the first K16 design, we got the revised boards manufactured. We assembled one (with only two Avalon chips this time). We have been able to successfully program it, and are currently trying to get it hashing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bsuperior2

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 02:50:44 PM

What happened with the Paypal problems? Have I missed some news?

Did payments get cancelled? Do we need to pay by credit card for our orders instead?

I wonder the same thing Ethough... No answers to any of that yet.

I was also denied a refund.
mwm4bcf

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:26:17 PM

For those who've already given up on TH, but may still be interested in a Steamboat Klondike system see:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248356.0

Tad3j

Activity: 270

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:42:06 PM

Anyone that says Terrahash customer service is shitty needs to wake up.

You are obviously living in a dreamland.

If you placed an "PRE"order for an undeveloped product of ANY kind with a delivery date, then you should expect maybe around 1 or so updates per week until they finally have all the parts delivered.

If you pre-ordered and can't take a week of silence before getting a preorder, that just means you should stick with a savings account and try to earn some measly interest on your money because mining isn't for you.

It seems like there a two different kinds of people in here.

People that understand businesses, refunds,  and the hours they operate. (These people don't have any issues with Terrahash)

People that don't understand any of the above and try calling non-work hour, sending tickets in with incorrect information, trying to use Terrahash as a hedge for their coins, etc... (These are the vocal idiots in this thread that are having issues)

Flame me all you want, the facts are in your posts.

90% of the people having issues are morons, I apologize to the 10% that are just having bad luck and I would simply keep on trying to resolve it with Terrahash as everytime I've talked with them they have been more than helpful.

Great words mate!!
aznewsh

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:45:03 PM

If you placed an "PRE"order for an undeveloped product of ANY kind with a delivery date, then you should expect maybe around 1 or so updates per week until they finally have all the parts delivered.

If you pre-ordered and can't take a week of silence before getting a preorder, that just means you should stick with a savings account and try to earn some measly interest on your money because mining isn't for you.

People that understand businesses, refunds,  and the hours they operate. (These people don't have any issues with Terrahash)

People that don't understand any of the above and try calling non-work hour, sending tickets in with incorrect information, trying to use Terrahash as a hedge for their coins, etc... (These are the vocal idiots in this thread that are having issues)

90% of the people having issues are morons, I apologize to the 10% that are just having bad luck and I would simply keep on trying to resolve it with Terrahash as everytime I've talked with them they have been more than helpful.

Thanks for your "expert businessman opinion" without a single fact to back it up. Mine were based on actual experiences and I am in the same timezone.

You are nothing but a fanboy who spends all his time in a forum, interesting businessman behavior hey?

If you are going to advise people where they should invest what probably is a lot of money to them then lets see some credentials and facts.

The facts are as I see it that TH have broken multiple promises and are ignoring their customers or if you prefer investors - both have a right to not be ignored or lied to.

If you count occasional two line updates as feedback then all I can say is you have more money than sense.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:33:49 PM

Its obvious they are just more TH brown nosers, there is a "few" in here and they DO NOT represent the majority of unhappy customers....Don't pay them any attention as they seem clueless. Is it showtime yet? still waiting.....

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 05:01:22 PM

TerraHash...  Let them cancel, make the units anyway, then sell them at a mark-up once assembled. I dont think youll have a problem moving them.  Youll sell out at a larger profit margin in less than an hour.
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:06:29 PM

Thanks for your "expert businessman opinion" without a single fact to back it up. Mine were based on actual experiences and I am in the same timezone.

You are nothing but a fanboy who spends all his time in a forum, interesting businessman behavior hey?

If you are going to advise people where they should invest what probably is a lot of money to them then lets see some credentials and facts.

The facts are as I see it that TH have broken multiple promises and are ignoring their customers or if you prefer investors - both have a right to not be ignored or lied to.

If you count occasional two line updates as feedback then all I can say is you have more money than sense.

Exactly.  BG the business genius must either be a mind reader or be tapping all our phones to know when we're trying to call TH.

You are right, the facts ARE in the posts, you just can't be bothered by little things like facts when someone posts something you don't like, is that it?

fact: TH doesn't answer the phone.  Like, ever.  Morning, noon, night, makes no difference.  I have tried many times (during the posted business hours, btw) and got nothing, as have several others in this thread.

fact: TH hasn't responded to other customer communications.  Be it email or ticket, what's the excuse for ignoring people?  Sure, I get that they are supposedly busy, and there should be a delay in getting a response.  That makes perfect sense.  No response at all?  A little less sense. Their last posting was made well outside of their hours of operation, which does not include today at all, so if they are really working that hard why not set aside a few minutes each day to keep customers happy and keep up on their tickets?

fact: TH has broken multiple promises made in this thread, enough said.

fact: TH claimed to be working closely with BKK, who hasn't heard anything from them.  A lot of people have pointed this out and are wondering what the deal is.  TH have been here reading this thread, posting their 2 sentence updates and completely ignoring this issue, which I am sure many others in the thread would like to hear about as well.

fact:  We have seen a few reports of people having trouble getting a refund, which is the biggest red flag for me.  If TH will issue a refund any time before your order ships, per their policy, then why are people in here saying they are getting no response / had to go through paypal for it / denied refund? I do hope those reports are the exception rather than the rule, or mistaken, but I will find out soon enough and let you all know where I stand.

You are straight out of the troll handbook dude, never let the facts get in the way of a good opportunity to flame  ;P
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:09:41 PM

For those who've already given up on TH, but may still be interested in a Steamboat Klondike system see:

Tempting.  Let's see:

Steamboat profiteering sale - 63Gh / $5,2000 - 82 $/Gh
Terrahash regular order      - 18Gh / $900      - 50 $/Gh

Steamboat profiteering sale - waiting on chips
Terrahash regular order       - waiting on chips

Steamboat profiteering sale - Klondike design
Terrahash regular order       - Klondike design

Steamboat profiteering sale - hashing yet?
Terrahash regular order       - hashing yet?
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:13:34 PM

TerraHash...  Let them cancel, make the units anyway, then sell them at a mark-up once assembled. I dont think youll have a problem moving them.  Youll sell out at a larger profit margin in less than an hour.

LOL...ya Im sure they will take your advice, you guys crack me up......LOL, especially you guys with these huge chip orders...like 32...lol

Oh a definition for those who don't know who and what you are:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=brown%20noser

Laughingbear, I really didnt think you were one of them, till now...

massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:15:17 PM

Please don't get upset when someone tells you the cold hard truth, just take your whining elsewhere. Please get a refund asap so we can get you out of this thread.

Fact: Putting "Fact" in front of any statement doesn't make it a fact Smiley

Hey! You finally got one fact straight!  Good for you!

Maybe you should take your own advice, or go back and re-read the thread.  Everything I said was accurate.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 05:15:58 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 05:33:32 PM by btceic

refund requests are being denied:

7/6/2013 04:51 PDT - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.

7/6/2013 04:51 PDT - Buyer: The company has stated that they will be delivering sometime in late july or august, however I would still like a refund and no longer want the product from this company.

7/5/2013 19:28 PDT - Seller: Our website says all sales are final, because all the products are made on order. When you ordered, you were promised a delivery date of late July to early August, and we are still on track to deliver your product within the promised time-frame.

7/5/2013 18:43 PDT - Buyer: Please cancel and refund in it's entirety order numbers #528 and #1079

edit: is their paypal account still under review?
edit 2: i would suggest everybody request a refund, we are the market, we can make or break these companies.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 05:51:50 PM

Again...  Let them cancel, make the units anyway, then sell them at a mark-up once assembled. I dont think youll have a problem moving them.  Youll sell out at a larger profit margin in less than an hour.

If thats brown nosing, sure I am a brown noser, but seems to me that everyone would win in that situation.  everyone who wants a refund gets one, terrahash makes more profit, and less whining.
dmcdad

Activity: 302

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:57:58 PM

Tempting.  Let's see:

You forgot a few important ones:

Steamboat regular and thorough communication with customers - yes
Terrahash communication with customers - not so much

Steamboat working with BkkCoins (designer of Klondike) - yes
Terrahash working with BkkCoins (designer of Klondike) - not so much

Steamboat provides proof of Avalon chip purchases - yes
Terrahash provides proof of Avalon chip purchases - no so much
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:09:04 PM

Again...  Let them cancel, make the units anyway, then sell them at a mark-up once assembled. I dont think youll have a problem moving them.  Youll sell out at a larger profit margin in less than an hour.

If thats brown nosing, sure I am a brown noser, but seems to me that everyone would win in that situation.  everyone who wants a refund gets one, terrahash makes more profit, and less whining.

whatever,,,,wheres my video! lol

EDIT: you guys know im just pokin fun,,, we all want the same things here in the end. TH does need to at least do what they "tell us" they will do,,,thats what started all this bitch'n in the first place....

oaxaca

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:18:05 PM

Tempting.  Let's see:

You forgot a few important ones:

Steamboat regular and thorough communication with customers - yes
Terrahash communication with customers - not so much

Importance 1-10     about a 3

Steamboat working with BkkCoins (designer of Klondike) - yes
Terrahash working with BkkCoins (designer of Klondike) - not so much

Importance 1-10     about a 1

Out of the 800,000 chips that were ordered from Avalon, ask yourself how many buyers are "working with BkkCoins" as opposed to waiting for the end result and simply waiting to pay the royalty.  Did you pay a company like Terrahash to develop the boards or to ship you a system?

Steamboat provides proof of Avalon chip purchases - yes
Terrahash provides proof of Avalon chip purchases - no so much

Importance 1-10     about a 1

Didn't a screenshot get posted about 50 pages ago?
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:22:53 PM

refund requests are being denied:

7/6/2013 04:51 PDT - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.

7/6/2013 04:51 PDT - Buyer: The company has stated that they will be delivering sometime in late july or august, however I would still like a refund and no longer want the product from this company.

7/5/2013 19:28 PDT - Seller: Our website says all sales are final, because all the products are made on order. When you ordered, you were promised a delivery date of late July to early August, and we are still on track to deliver your product within the promised time-frame.

7/5/2013 18:43 PDT - Buyer: Please cancel and refund in it's entirety order numbers #528 and #1079

edit: is their paypal account still under review?
edit 2: i would suggest everybody request a refund, we are the market, we can make or break these companies.
That is very interesting... one thing is for sure,,for Th to survive and be strong, it will need a good relationship with Paypal, and Im sure thats what they want as a company. I know the cancellation request have to hurt that relationship with PP. But with that said, anyone should have the right to cancel any unreceived order...whether it be TH, amazon.com, newegg, etc etc,,the onus is on the seller to accomodate and keep its customers happy, lets see how it goes...

dmcdad

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:31:05 PM

Quote from: oaxaca
ask yourself how many buyers are "working with BkkCoins" as opposed to waiting for the end result and simply waiting to pay the royalty.  Did you pay a company like Terrahash to develop the boards or to ship you a system?
TH has publicly stated on the klondike developer thread that he would contribute in a timely manner any relevant/useful development information back to BKK. He has not done so as publicly stated by BKK. IMO, that means he either doesn't have any new information (hasn't made substantial progress on the development) OR he is withholding information (in which case he is breaking his contract with BKK). Neither one are good signs, IMO.

Importance 1-10     about a 1

In this case I guess importance is relative to the observer. I think taken together the items above (and others I didn't post) determine the likelihood that the TH or SB will ship products in a timely manner which greatly effects ROI. If you read the SB and TH threads you'll see just how differently they are running things. You can think that won't effect when they'll ship, but I think it shows a huge difference in professionalism and competence which will most definitely impact when/if they ship.
dmcdad

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:45:17 PM

ask yourself how many buyers are "working with BkkCoins" as opposed to waiting for the end result and simply waiting to pay the royalty.  Did you pay a company like Terrahash to develop the boards or to ship you a system?
TH has publicly stated on the klondike developer thread that he would contribute in a timely manner any relevant/useful development information back to BKK. He has not done so as publicly stated by BKK. IMO, that means he either doesn't have any new information (hasn't made substantial progress on the development) OR he is withholding information (in which case he is breaking his contract with BKK). Neither one are good signs, IMO.

In this case I guess importance is relative to the observer. I think taken together the items above (and others I didn't post) determine the likelihood that the TH or SB will ship products in a timely manner which greatly effects ROI. If you read the SB and TH threads you'll see just how differently they are running things. You can think that won't effect when they'll ship, but I think it shows a huge difference in professionalism and competence which will most definitely impact when/if they ship.

Please go to SB thread then and stay there.

They gave a shipping date, made it VERY clear, if you don't think they will make that date, then request a refund and go elsewhere. Otherwise spreading your FUD. If your intent is to spread FUD then continue, just put a disclaimer on your posts Smiley

I am not spreading FUD. I'm countering oaxaca's post where he seemed to show that SB and TH are similar (except at price). I don't think they are, so I'm pointing out the differences between the two.
oaxaca

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:45:59 PM

My vote would be for Option A - No New Information

If you ordered from Terrahash, did you pay them to roll up their sleeves and assist BKKCoins in getting boards hashing, or did you pay them to deliver working units to your doorstep?  Not everybody in the world has years of experience designing boards.  Here is what they said back on page 1 of this thread:

Basically what we are doing is as follows:

• We have ordered 20,000 chips from Avalon. We will be ordering Klondike boards, as soon as the design is ready. We are in process of ordering all the other components. Once we have everything, we will assemble the boards and sell them.
  • Once we have all the components, we will start taking orders for board assembly. In this case, you will send us your chips, we will put them on a boards along with other components and ship them back to you, for a fee of course
  • We will also be offering plug and play kits with an enclosure, power supply, cooling fas, cables etc.

Isn't this what they are doing?

The likelihood of Steamboat and Terrahash shipping units depends on 2 factors:

Avalon chips showing up, and
BKKCoins producing a board to use them.

EDIT -----

I forgot this little item

Thank you all for the support. We are not claiming to be doing any rocket science. We are just taking Avalon's chips, Klondike PCBs, a bunch of components and putting them together for a fee. We just saw there was a huge demand for this, with 700,000 chips already sold and no reliable assembly operation.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: