Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:21:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:19:04 AM

Some events happened last week, that have forced us to make a decision to go out of business. A lot of issues compounded to press us to do this. The failure of the Klondike project was one. Chase, our bank, shut down our accounts. Also the delay in the shipment of the chips has resulted in a lot of customers asking for refund. We already owe a lot of money to PayPal, and with all the refund requests, it is impossible for us to continue our operation profitably. So we have decided to dissolve the company.

We are going to ask for a refund from Yifu. As soon as we get a refund from him, we will start refunding all the orders. We will be able to refund about 50% of every order with this amount. We are trying to get our money out of Chase, which will help us refund another ~5% of each order. We are trying to return as many components as we can, and as soon as we get more money back, we will send additional pro-rated payments to each order.

Once we get a refund from Yifu, we will be sending an email to everyone asking for a current Bitcoin address where to send the payments.

So out of all the money you received, you blew through over half of it AFTER Yifu refunds the chip orders?

By rough estimates, you blew through $300,000 to $500,000.  Only offering a 55 percent refund on orders is lame.  

I can't imagine.  Well, I can.  Were you doing blow and buying Herman Miller chairs for the office or what?  How much skin do you have in the game here?

Well you know how it is, new company cars, trips to see venders and suppliers in other countrys, company picnics, (a few home repairs, new garage, remodels etc) just usual and customary business expenses. Oh and Im sure plenty of new highend high powered hashing gear, maybe 20-30 terrahashes worth, from cointerra, KNCminer paid for with untraceable currency, a/k/a (your pre order BTC funds) for their own personal use after the fact. Ya, running a small business can be brutal sometimes for the owners Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:35:47 AM

You have to be a total idiot to send btc or a wire transfer to ANYONE who promises to deliver something sometime to you. (Instead of in stock product)

At least, send PayPal or credit card but dispute if nothing is received within the 45 days.
There are business people here who don't fall in love with an idea and execute and there are suckers here.

Where do you land?

PS I disputed right before 45 days and got 100% back.  Thesweede75 can confirm.
gbx

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 04:45:55 AM

Some events happened last week, that have forced us to make a decision to go out of business. A lot of issues compounded to press us to do this. The failure of the Klondike project was one. Chase, our bank, shut down our accounts. Also the delay in the shipment of the chips has resulted in a lot of customers asking for refund. We already owe a lot of money to PayPal, and with all the refund requests, it is impossible for us to continue our operation profitably. So we have decided to dissolve the company.

We are going to ask for a refund from Yifu. As soon as we get a refund from him, we will start refunding all the orders. We will be able to refund about 50% of every order with this amount. We are trying to get our money out of Chase, which will help us refund another ~5% of each order. We are trying to return as many components as we can, and as soon as we get more money back, we will send additional pro-rated payments to each order.

Once we get a refund from Yifu, we will be sending an email to everyone asking for a current Bitcoin address where to send the payments.

So out of all the money you received, you blew through over half of it AFTER Yifu refunds the chip orders?

By rough estimates, you blew through $300,000 to $500,000.  Only offering a 55 percent refund on orders is lame.  

I can't imagine.  Well, I can.  Were you doing blow and buying Herman Miller chairs for the office or what?  How much skin do you have in the game here?

Well you know how it is, new company cars, trips to see venders and suppliers in other countrys, company picnics, (a few home repairs, new garage, remodels etc) just usual and customary business expenses. Oh and Im sure plenty of new highend high powered hashing gear, maybe 20-30 terrahashes worth, from cointerra, KNCminer paid for with untraceable currency, a/k/a (your pre order BTC funds) for their own personal use after the fact. Ya, running a small business can be brutal sometimes for the owners Smiley

I'll lay odds they took delivery of the chips and are rationalizing that they're going to mine their way out of debt.

I'll also lay odds that we'll hear even fewer and fewer updates from TerraHash as time moves on and this whole thing will just quietly disappear into the conversational background murmur of this forum.

Some have more skin in the game than others.  My sincerest regret to all those who, like myself, believed.  It is still possible to PayPal reverse.  If you need help with that, PM me.  I (and I'm sure others) can save you hours on the phone with 3rd world countries.  I suspect that this is the "PayPal debt" that Amir mentioned in his post.  I would have thought they would have frozen partial funds of Amir's account rather than let him empty it.  But at any rate, I'm sure PayPal's legal department will clean up this mess with Amir in the coming months/years.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:00:25 AM

I was never once wrong, game set match.

This is who you are deciding to lead you into a lawsuit... I wish you all the best of luck.

btceic i want to give you a big thumbs up.  You used reason and stuck up for logic.  You took a harder bashing then me on what they called trolling, or what is now called the truth.

I still want to share this day with knight!  Knight can you please confirm when they are refunding 50 percent?  Also how much they spent?  You vouching will mean the world....  Roll Eyes

With it being a Inc, any lawyer who does not charge hourly after researching this chances are will tell you to cut your losses unless you spent a rediclous amount of money.  They will NEVER be able to give 100 percent back, i still am willing to be Amir pulled in a nice salary.  So say you win take out lawyer fees, you and everyone else suing is fighting for a limited amount of cash.  You can will all your money in court against TH.... but if you win just example 100 dollars but they have 20 dollars to their name you will never get the rest.

The ones who kept saying stick in with TH they are working on it.  Believing their word without any proof should be ashamed if you made anyone wait past 45 days on paypal.  And caused even a few to lose cash.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:05:55 AM

I'll lay odds they took delivery of the chips and are rationalizing that they're going to mine their way out of debt.

I'll also lay odds that we'll hear even fewer and fewer updates from TerraHash as time moves on and this whole thing will just quietly disappear into the conversational background murmur of this forum.

Some have more skin in the game than others.  My sincerest regret to all those who, like myself, believed.  It is still possible to PayPal reverse.  If you need help with that, PM me.  I (and I'm sure others) can save you hours on the phone with 3rd world countries.  I suspect that this is the "PayPal debt" that Amir mentioned in his post.  I would have thought they would have frozen partial funds of Amir's account rather than let him empty it.  But at any rate, I'm sure PayPal's legal department will clean up this mess with Amir in the coming months/years.

They have had one board shown to hash at low speeds at HW errors.  They will not mine their way out of debt. 

TH as a company is dissolving ..... this means no more.  The mess cannot be cleaned up at this point.   PayPal can sue them, but they wont get near what TH owes them.  With banks, paypal, and credit cards all wanting money from TH chances are there is a good amount they just didnt pay.

Every salary, expense, or anything else they spent will NEVER be seen again.  Some will feed you lines like you can get Amirs assets and get it.... but in real world TH turned out to be shady company but with protection of INC, the owners still made salary and you will never see a lot again.
pitkaran

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:06:53 AM

The ones who kept saying stick in with TH they are working on it.  Believing their word without any proof should be ashamed if you made anyone wait past 45 days on paypal.  And caused even a few to lose cash.

I think it goes without saying that everyone on this forum is responsible only for their own financials. It is said in so many instances that you should not invest in BTC or mining unless you are ready to lose that amount you are investing.

Just my 5 euro cents.
CoinJay

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:11:44 AM

Danny Bradbury here from Coindesk.com. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who ordered equipment from Terrahash, who failed to receive equipment or a refund. Please PM me with details including order date, amount, and when a refund was requested. Thanks.
gbx

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:21:14 AM

They have had one board shown to hash at low speeds at HW errors.  They will not mine their way out of debt. 

TH as a company is dissolving ..... this means no more.  The mess cannot be cleaned up at this point.   PayPal can sue them, but they wont get near what TH owes them.  With banks, paypal, and credit cards all wanting money from TH chances are there is a good amount they just didnt pay.

Every salary, expense, or anything else they spent will NEVER be seen again.  Some will feed you lines like you can get Amirs assets and get it.... but in real world TH turned out to be shady company but with protection of INC, the owners still made salary and you will never see a lot again.

It's pointless to speculate.  I suspect that the coins spent on Yifu's chips will not be seen again.  Refunded or not to Amir.  He's just in too deep to actually take it on the chin with big name players.  His intentions might be to provide partial refunds... but the customers are the little people here.  And any recovery of funds will be a 60/40 split or worse with lawyers.   so at best, many will be spending good money after bad.

PayPal doesn't care about his corporation.  PayPal is huge, they can go after his personal assets if they can prove malicious intent.  Even then, who knows what will be recovered.  That shouldn't be too hard here.  They should be quick to put a lien on his assets before he liquidates real estate, etc.

Overall, this is pretty shitty all around.  Yifu and his greedy Chinese friends really shit all over bitcoin.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:36:39 AM

As a PSA in most states an insolvent corporation can not dissolve attempting to do so can be viewed by the state/courts as a means to a fraudulent conveyance.   All companies are required to notify creditors of the closure and provide deadline for submitting claims.   In most states failure to notify in writing gives a creditor grounds for the claim to survive the dissolution.  An insolvent corporation generally is required to seek bankruptcy protection and/or settle with creditors before it can dissolve.   Any assets of the corporation would be liquidated.  Any significant salaries and other compensation which are excessive relative to the amount of work especially to employees who are also owners can be deemed by the bankruptcy courts as a fraudulent conveyance.

If TH is truly insolvent there PROPER sequence of events would be
a) open books (balance sheet and cashflow statement) to creditors.  This shows "what the company has", "what the company owes" and "where the money went".
b) file bankruptcy (technically seek bankruptcy protection from the courts because the entity has insufficient assets to pay its creditors)
c) notify creditors of the bankruptcy dates
d) under bankruptcy protection, liquidate assets, pay creditors (potentially less than full amount) and dissolve the entity

Simply saying "sorry we are out of money and dissolving" doesn't even come close the standard required by any state.  Hell it probably isn't legal in Somalia.
gbx

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:47:47 AM

As a PSA in most states an insolvent corporation can not dissolve attempting to do so can be viewed by the state/courts as a means to a fraudulent conveyance.   All companies are required to notify creditors of the closure and provide deadline for submitting claims.   In most states failure to notify in writing gives a creditor grounds for the claim to survive the dissolution.  An insolvent corporation generally is required to seek bankruptcy protection and/or settle with creditors before it can dissolve.   Any assets of the corporation would be liquidated.  Any significant salaries and other compensation which are excessive relative to the amount of work especially to employees who are also owners can be deemed by the bankruptcy courts as a fraudulent conveyance.

If TH is truly insolvent there PROPER sequence of events would be
a) open books (balance sheet and cashflow statement) to creditors.  This shows "what the company has", "what the company owes" and "where the money went".
b) file bankruptcy (technically seek bankruptcy protection from the courts because the entity has insufficient assets to pay its creditors)
c) notify creditors of the bankruptcy dates
d) under bankruptcy protection, liquidate assets, pay creditors (potentially less than full amount) and dissolve the entity

Simply saying "sorry we are out of money and dissolving" doesn't even come close the standard required by any state.  Hell it probably isn't legal in Somalia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiCilTzhXrA
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 10:12:50 AM

I was never once wrong, game set match.

This is who you are deciding to lead you into a lawsuit... I wish you all the best of luck.

btceic i want to give you a big thumbs up.  You used reason and stuck up for logic.  You took a harder bashing then me on what they called trolling, or what is now called the truth.

I still want to share this day with knight!  Knight can you please confirm when they are refunding 50 percent?  Also how much they spent?  You vouching will mean the world....  Roll Eyes

With it being a Inc, any lawyer who does not charge hourly after researching this chances are will tell you to cut your losses unless you spent a rediclous amount of money.  They will NEVER be able to give 100 percent back, i still am willing to be Amir pulled in a nice salary.  So say you win take out lawyer fees, you and everyone else suing is fighting for a limited amount of cash.  You can will all your money in court against TH.... but if you win just example 100 dollars but they have 20 dollars to their name you will never get the rest.

The ones who kept saying stick in with TH they are working on it.  Believing their word without any proof should be ashamed if you made anyone wait past 45 days on paypal.  And caused even a few to lose cash.

Thanks for the recognition, I appreciate it!

Regarding your last statement above, it is my opinion that Bar at the very least is either complicit and therefore liable or is sadistic, either way no-one should be following his advice on anything.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
btceic

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 10:17:20 AM

Just like everything else they did...

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
btceic

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 11:28:48 AM

New poll, check it out!

Is Bargraphics complicit?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301806.0

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 11:46:53 AM

Why only 50% refund?
Did you develop asics chips? No!
SO where did the money go ?
Salaries.
pixl8tr

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:28:42 PM

Why only 50% refund?
Did you develop asics chips? No!
SO where did the money go ?
Salaries.

Lawyers   Lips sealed

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:49:46 PM

New poll, check it out!

Please add: No, he's just a megalomaniac.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
btceic

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 12:56:06 PM

New poll, check it out!

Please add: No, he's just a megalomaniac.

That is what the grapefruit option is for Smiley

mrthundercleese

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 01:42:52 PM

OMG - Terrahash folds, and the trolls are still arguing to protect their egos.

Say with me.

1. 2. 3. - I'm over it.

Now get over it... and get on with business, whatever business you have besides defending your precious ego.

This deserves to be said again. Lots of stuff going on in this thread that does nothing to help people who are in a bind. Anyone looking for some recourse has to crawl through a bunch of self gratifying ego pumping posts. Can we move on from that already?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:42:21 PM

It's pointless to speculate.  I suspect that the coins spent on Yifu's chips will not be seen again.  Refunded or not to Amir.  He's just in too deep to actually take it on the chin with big name players.  His intentions might be to provide partial refunds... but the customers are the little people here.  And any recovery of funds will be a 60/40 split or worse with lawyers.   so at best, many will be spending good money after bad.

PayPal doesn't care about his corporation.  PayPal is huge, they can go after his personal assets if they can prove malicious intent.  Even then, who knows what will be recovered.  That shouldn't be too hard here.  They should be quick to put a lien on his assets before he liquidates real estate, etc.

Overall, this is pretty shitty all around.  Yifu and his greedy Chinese friends really shit all over bitcoin.

PayPal is not above the law.  No matter how huge if his Inc was set up right they cant go after personal assets. I hope for you guys Amir mixed his assets with TH assets so you do get his cash to.   And good luck proving malicious intent from stupid business practices.  Unless you have some internal memo or something intent is not easy not something easy.

Again you can sue for anything..... winning AND getting money is different things.
Vinnigar

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:53:10 PM

I got a refund from Paypal yesterday!!
I just emailed them explaining the situation and put in a load of screenshots from this thread, of some of their broken promises!

I might still have the email address of someone in the complaints department if any wants it to send a direct email??

Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: