Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:24:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?  (Read 33314 times)
rhomzkie26

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:08:36 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!

Wow! how I wish that I have a lot of bitcoins now, if ever it happens of course I won't spent it, instead I will keep and save then hold it in a long term, due to the price value for now was decreased,  I know and I have faith that it can resume again at the original price value or more.
2taps

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:13:38 PM

That matter's on how much bitcoin you have. If you think you have made enough bitcoin to spend it, you totally should. Otherwise i think it's smart to save it and wait for the bitcoin to rise even further beyond.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:22:30 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
We all know that the bitcoin is very valuable today so it is obvious that I will save my bitcoins and I don't have a plan to spend it. If we save our bitcoins today, we will gonna have a bright future.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:56:10 PM

We all know that the bitcoin is very valuable today so it is obvious that I will save my bitcoins and I don't have a plan to spend it. If we save our bitcoins today, we will gonna have a bright future.
Yes we can spend our bitcoins anytime but day by day is saving Bitcoin is becoming very tough because of increasing price in bitcoins. So this is the best time to save some bitcoins. I am also investing some part of my money in bitcoins and trying to get more bitcoins in my online work. I hope these bitcoins will make my future life will be bright.
tam31

Activity: 143
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:00:43 PM

If I have a lot of bitcoin in my wallet I would rather sell if the price of bitcoin is high so that I can gain a lot of profit. We can't predict what happens to bitcoin sooner or later. So as long as the price of bitcoin  is high therefore you can sell it now and I believe that it is the perfect time for you to sell.

I agree. I would also sell my bitcoins if the price is high to make profit. I would then invest again, and will be waiting for the price go higher.

Everyone is doing the same they invest and sell. This is an example how you make profit in btc.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:14:22 PM

What would I do if I had a lot of bitcoin?, I don't have much but how much ever I have I would just save it for future because I have heard that prices are going sky rocket in the future which would give me a profit but on the other if prices go down I'll be in  loss but I still save and take the risk.

Taking risk is what makes rich people rich.  If I have a lot of bitcoin I will spend some in worth buying things like house, car for me to have a service.  Then I will buy share on stocks and mutual funds.  Then just let my bitcoins work for themselves.  And I will continue to earn.
edmond_dantes

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:35:34 PM

obviously it's better to save it but you spend what you need to to live

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Nazmul012

Activity: 780

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 08:11:17 AM

in my opinion, obviously you should save bitcoin for future purpose because of bitcoin price is going to moon. by saving more and more bitcoin,  thus you will be able to millionaire and its possible if you have some knowledge about bitcoin. so don't waste or spend your bitcoin by gambling or like some thing like that

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Ducksun

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:16:25 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2017, 12:40:03 PM by Ducksun

I would say you can spend some and sell some to have money and start an other business with that money and then you have an  income trough there and when it fails you still have your other bitcoins to save you out of debt or anything.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:29:35 AM

obviously it's better to save it but you spend what you need to to live

Both are better, saving and spending. We all need to spend just to survive each day and what kind of person you are if you just keep on saving but you are not buying your own personal needs with your money? It's odd if you are saving money but you don't spend for it. But if you want to keep on saving and want to grow your bitcoins, invest.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:39:17 AM

If I have a lot bitcoin, it depends on the needs or wants that I have for the moment. I will spend it if needed and feel like to as a reward to myself, or save it if I don't have the urge of using them yet. The use of bitcoin is also something to do with our mindset of how mindful we are in becoming a good steward of what we have. Whether it is plenty or not.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
darkangel020716

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:25:48 AM

if only I have a lot of bitcoin i'm going to save and invest it, I'm going to invest it on a trusted site where my profit becomes higher and higher then I will have a huge of money the half is I'm going save it in a past few years bitcoin has a smaller value and only few people trust bitcoin and after that years bitcoin has a greater value now unlike before that is smaller and its continue blooming in the market now unlike other currency.
sasaki111

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:34:18 AM

Price of bitcoin is rasing day by day, month by month, so why you spend something that will make you a huge passive income ? I think you already know my answer right ?
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:45:35 AM

I would say you can do both, but if you do spend them, you must find a way to replace them, otherwise you will end up regretting it.
I mean, if you ignore the ups and downs, that are typical in a very volatile market, and just focus on the long term, then you can say that BTC price is rising. So if you spend your coins, to by, lets say a coffee, then in a few months for now, that will be the most expensive coffee you ever had until now.
That's why I prefer to hold and not really spend my coins.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:48:12 AM

My answer is very simple. If I have many bitcoins, of course I will save it. Spending bitcoins are really bad decision and I can say that it is better to save our bitcoins than to spend it.

Spending is not a bad decision as you are earning it so that you can spend it sometimes or even sell it at higher profits and if you will never sell then you will never enjoy the profits so if its giving you good profits on your investment then there is nothing wrong in selling a small part of it.
Spending is not a problem for fun but do it wisely and not excessively dude. and one thing you must know. if you want to shopping make sure you use the money you get from the profits not from the venture capital you set up. use a few percent of the profits you get for spending and having fun if you want it. I think it does not matter
You are very right. There is no harm in it if we spend a little portion of our profit and buy things from it. But you must remember “Excess of everything is bad”. You need to save most of the portion of your income in order to make more earnings. You will regret if you will not save your Bitcoins.
Zuilhsa

Activity: 296

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:56:54 AM

I don't have more coins only a very little is with me, so I always think how to grow it rather than spending. If I am so tight financially I will spent few otherwise I will hold it simply for future and also I hate to waste money on gambling.

valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 03:49:24 PM

Well the principles of trading is buy when low then sell when high, So probably if you want to earn more profit then save it, Maybe there will only be a small percentage of profit that you will earn but it was still a profit and it will increase and increase periodically.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 03:59:25 PM

If I have a lot of bitcoin then I would plan some of it to save and a portion of it to spend so that I might be able to enjoy my earnings but also to enlarge my business so that I may earn more. What is important is that you plan ahead and always use this technique to earn more rather than spend more.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:10:47 PM

I don't have more coins only a very little is with me, so I always think how to grow it rather than spending. If I am so tight financially I will spent few otherwise I will hold it simply for future and also I hate to waste money on gambling.

That's nice idea, bitcoins shouldn't be spent along with gambling and your visions of holding is correct. Planning to let is grow can be so hard since you have lesser idea for what will be the ways to do it, and my advice is you should study trading because if you are learning with it you can invest and start trading your bitcoins using alternative currencies.
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:12:25 PM

If there is nothing to spend your money or you dont have to something you really need better to save it aince bitcoin is volatile there is a big chance that it may pump double of its amount and we all want it, so if you are patient enough save it and you can use it for some of your expenditures in the future.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: