Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:10:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?  (Read 33314 times)
devil jin

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:54:28 AM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
Possibly if I have lots of bitcoin just like what you have, I will surely save it since I have already know the fact that by just simply saving my bitcoin earnings, I can already gain a profit from my initial earning that I have. If I will going to spend it, I will surely spend only some and just to use it for investments that I am sure and trusted to gain an income or profit that will add up into my bitcoin earning.

Natural Perm

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:17:11 AM

If I have a lot of money in my bitcoin wallet. I think I don't spend it that much,
I saved it for some causeor other fees much better. I will make it grow so I can by anything I want if I save more money.
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:30:23 AM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
I will definitely choose to save it than to invest it. Investment involves risk, so therefore there's a possibility of lossing your money. Since the market value of Bitcoin is continuously increasing as years and time is passing by, deoending on the market demand, holding you bitcoin will already give you profit. Which is way less risky than investing. Also, the profit that you will get will also be high, as bitcoin is being more expensive, the profit will also be high.

fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:51:55 AM

That's the beauty of bitcoin.It is the reason for which bitcoin has become the center of attraction all over the world.Bitcoin price was just $650 an year ago and now its almost seven times increased reaching $4,287.We could not expect such a huge return from any asset in such a small period of time.But investment in bitcoin should be made in a long term basis and short term benefits could not be expected.Bitcoin price may seem volatile.But if you observe its previous price history,you could see that bitcoin has not disappointed its investors any time except weak hands who would have sold their bitcoins in panic.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:23:57 AM

i think it will better if we are save it and just hold our bitcoin rather than spend it because if we want to sell in high price then we need to waiting until the price is increase into the price we want. but if we are in emergency situations that we really need money then we can exchange our bitcoin and then we can use the money for what we need.
If you are really solely targeting on having just a savings for emergency purposes on bitcoin then its still a good choice but if we do have time or chance on making more bitcoins then we should do it.Saving it together with investing is really good combination which you can really extent on your savings and at the same time you are earning more knowing bitcoin do really increase its value as the years pass by.
Agreed! All depends on the current financial condition of the investor. If you are not in need of money on urgent basis and that too in big amount, there is no need to cash out bitcoins for fun.

Cashing out bitcoins means you are killing an opportunity of getting richer. But yes, if money is needed spend your bitcoins.
Mehedi72

Activity: 737
Merit: 109

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 05:51:38 AM

Its happened due to a lot of people are start to using bitcoin and nowadays   bitcoin is getting more popular than before.  And  secondly,  2.1 BTC is not a big amount of Our life. So i would  like to save something and want to trade with other  extinction bitcoin so that i can earn more bitcoin.  Besides if i have 20BTC when i would like to spend... 

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
man1996

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:07:21 AM

We should save bitcoin if we have a lot of it but we can spend some of it in a limited amount.

kafiddrhman

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:19:20 AM

of course I will save and hold it for the next few years as a future investment, because I am sure from time to time the progress of bitcoin will continue to increase.
MARK 777

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:22:17 AM

will be smart and try to save 30% and invest 40% and use 50% ( exchange it to $)
thet

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

elysian.finance

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:29:30 AM

When you need it spend it, if not just save it to earn more and achieve more bitcoin.

Arkham Knight

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:04:25 AM

Of course, I will spend it. I don't want to end up dying saving many btc for long and will not experience the fruit of all my hardwork.
David Hoggs

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:22:13 AM

I think should do both, Save it as much as you can so it will be helpful in future when required. Spend little amount from saved ones in different projects so can take chance of win or lose and have fun with it.
Kim Domingo

Activity: 208

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:30:01 AM

Having such a great count like that is such a blessing. If I have an amount like that I will be glad to save most of it for a good purpose and that is for future purposes. If I will save it, I will assure that I will spend it for good and that will be on investment to make my initial holdings expand into capacity which is also beneficial.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:35:38 AM

Having such a great count like that is such a blessing. If I have an amount like that I will be glad to save most of it for a good purpose and that is for future purposes. If I will save it, I will assure that I will spend it for good and that will be on investment to make my initial holdings expand into capacity which is also beneficial.
Well it is simple actually. If you have high amount of money in bitcoins, the more you hold them (if price is going up) the more you will get. So lets say you bought one bitcoin for 1000 dollars, and price rise from 1000 dollars to 2000. In that moment you made profit of 1000 dollars just by holding. But for low amount in bitcoins it does not pay that well. For lower amount best option would be to trade them over and over and made profit from that. But at the end everything would be spent so... Cheesy
Wexnident

Activity: 2534
Merit: 665

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:37:55 AM

You will already earn profit by just holding or saving Bitcoin because its market value or price is increasing as time is passing by. Just like in your case wherein your 13 cents became 50. But to make things clear  it is not your Bitcoin that will increase but its value. Your 2.1 Bitcoin will still be 2.1 in the future, but surely, its market value will change, because it will increase.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:52:20 AM

When you need it spend it, if not just save it to earn more and achieve more bitcoin.
Yes you're right I think you have the right to spend it after all it is the fruit of your effort and time but don't waste it to useless things because if it will be for nothing it is better to save it because maybe someday you will need it the most.
Gandam23

Activity: 424
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:37:17 AM

If I have lot of bitcoin in my wallet then I won't hesitate in spending some of them when I am in need of money and most of them I will  save for the future and use of them in trade and investment to grow my bitcoins in long term so even if I spend them sometimes I always have an chance to recover them back by investing them in trading.
If i have a lot of bitcoin. Maybe i will cash it out and i will help to renovate our house. Because bitcoin value is unstable so i cant hold it. What if the value falls down. My earnings turns into rock. But if the bitcoin value is stable maybe i will save it for a long time.
Flodemaga

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:39:49 PM

Its a question that makes me think a bit extra, i do know 2020 bitcoin halving should make the price to grow, maybe it will make bitcoin worth 10000 dollars, maybe less or maybe more, the fact is i wouldnt moove any coin before, since its just more 3 years to reach the halving, and them time to take some coins and exchange and invest into a better life.
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:10:25 PM

If I have lot of bitcoin in my wallet then I won't hesitate in spending some of them when I am in need of money and most of them I will  save for the future and use of them in trade and investment to grow my bitcoins in long term so even if I spend them sometimes I always have an chance to recover them back by investing them in trading.
If i have a lot of bitcoin. Maybe i will cash it out and i will help to renovate our house. Because bitcoin value is unstable so i cant hold it. What if the value falls down. My earnings turns into rock. But if the bitcoin value is stable maybe i will save it for a long time.
Your opinion are contradict. First you are saying of bitcoin value is very unstable, but on your second though, you said if bitcoin value is stable. The fact value of bitcoin is stable if you are looking for long term, see the graph since bitcoin was created until now. The spikes when bitcoin value was down (on 2013-2015) is a normal thing before it raising so high on this year. 
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:50:55 PM

Just like you since I have a lot of bitcoin, I will cashout some of it and make use it to beautify our house.  I will buy a car for my family to use.  I will also invest some of it to buy stocks and will even join mutual funds.  Put up my own business.  Some of it will be kept in my wallet because I know that its price will continue to goes up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: