Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:16:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?  (Read 33314 times)
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 06:57:05 PM

If i have lots of bitcoin basically and people will do not to spend their bitcoins for nothing or risking to earn it again from investments site that never paid people back hence if your goal is to earn and save for the future purposes maybe lots of people will be happy for this earning and saving only if your spending too much maybe you will lose everything at the end.

malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:24:48 PM

Well if i have a lot of bitcoins i will hold 50% of them for future and will spend other 50% on other business by changing it into fiat. Because I believe that investing your all savings at one place is not a good idea, to minimize the risk of loss we should invest it in different business areas.
servletdore

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:37:21 PM

Too many questions like this one, all i can tel you is that in my case i  would not spent them and save for later. 
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:03:04 PM

Well if i have a lot of bitcoins i will hold 50% of them for future and will spend other 50% on other business by changing it into fiat. Because I believe that investing your all savings at one place is not a good idea, to minimize the risk of loss we should invest it in different business areas.

That's right and at a moment we need fiat money for investing or for spending as bitcoin cannot be used everywhere so its wise to sell some bitcoins and convert it to fiat and invest that fiat in real world from where we can generate regular profits.

Seeker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:22:39 PM

This is a great idea, its right not to put all your eggs in one basket i mean diversification is an ideal thing for investments it will allow you to lessen the risk and increase the possible profit. If have a lot of btc i will do the same for me to maintain some of my profit and for me to make more money.
bentoremy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:37:18 PM

Some people die without using all of their money, so i would save half and the other i would spent it.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:44:24 PM

Well it is called price appreciation my friend. Last 7 months ago I remembered that Bitcoin was just below the 1000$ level right now it has reach an all time high of 2990$+ which is a tremendous increase for a little over 6 months. So that is why before your Bitcoins even though you are not adding still increase in terms of value. And to answer your question if I have a lot of Bitcoin I won't spend or sell it, I will only convert it to Fiat Currency when my target value arrives.
Mapagmahal
Copper Member

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 11:58:08 PM

This is a great idea, its right not to put all your eggs in one basket i mean diversification is an ideal thing for investments it will allow you to lessen the risk and increase the possible profit. If have a lot of btc i will do the same for me to maintain some of my profit and for me to make more money.

This is a golden rule in investing not to put all your money in one investment to avoid such incident like investment loss. I myself is doing this strategy because i don't want all my funds to get lost when some bad things happen. Saving your bitcoin in different areas or different investment will likely give you more profit but it depends where you put your money. For now, Saving is the real key until you meet your desire selling point.

i use to be a hunter
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 03:23:15 PM

This is a golden rule in investing not to put all your money in one investment to avoid such incident like investment loss. I myself is doing this strategy because i don't want all my funds to get lost when some bad things happen. Saving your bitcoin in different areas or different investment will likely give you more profit but it depends where you put your money. For now, Saving is the real key until you meet your desire selling point.
Bitcoin is more than just a currency. It can be supported due to the fact that it has made many millionaires even some billionaires. While investing, a little patience is required to get profit out of any investment. Similarly when talking about bitcoin, the more a person waits the bigger his profits will be. While it was blamed on 1 Aug. But now its turn to mover over 29 July so what are you now expecting from bitcoin. In my words just love.

Hotel_Prodeo

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:33:13 AM

I will hold and will add more in many ways, the easiest way is to buy a bitcoin, since I buy bitcoin, I've always been lucky and never losers, this is because this is the era of cryptocurrency.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 10:17:27 AM

We should ask a question to our selves that why Bitcoin is valuable today? It's because of them who spent their holdings in last few years when Bitcoin was nothing and it gained value over the time. It is the collective efforts of those early adopters who chosen to spend their holdings instead of holding. I am of the opinion that we should also contribute to the network by spending some of our holdings to make it even more valuable.
Nathland

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:30:59 AM

I think you should save as many Bitcoins as you can and should not spend your Bitcoins unless you want to invest in some other project. Bitcoin has a great potential and i believe that its price will touch the moon in a few years so hold as much as you can.
Schuyler

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 12:28:12 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
You should not have asked in such zig-zag manner. As far as to me, your question is regarding whether to hold Bitcoin or spend it.
This question have been answered many times. All depends upon your needs. If Bitcoin is your only source of income then you have to neglect investment aspect and spend it more often. But if Bitcoin is your compliment earning then surely should save it who knows your 50 cents turn 50 dollars tomorrow.

Yes,you're right. This kind of question always asked and answered on this forum. He knew the answer to his question. But still,i want to answer it. Personally, I will hold it for a long time and I want to save it unless I have an emergency and many more reasons or use for me to spend.
ruskytailz02

Activity: 289
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 01:54:59 PM

I'm not quite good at this yet but my classmate earns until he earn a 3digit number of BTC and he'll sell it at high cost. Hence, earn more than sell it earlier. xD
Jewell

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:58:50 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2017, 02:06:36 AM by Jewell

I think you should save as many Bitcoins as you can and should not spend your Bitcoins unless you want to invest in some other project. Bitcoin has a great potential and i believe that its price will touch the moon in a few years so hold as much as you can.
in current position i think hold bitcoin can be the best option, if you have a big amount of bitcoin and you can manage to hold these bitcoin then you should not think about any thing else. holding bitcoin in present time can save you from losing money. i think those people who are good in decision taking and can really take strong decision and will decide to hold bitcoin tell the price reach to its all time high price.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:00:28 AM

I'm not quite good at this yet but my classmate earns until he earn a 3digit number of BTC and he'll sell it at high cost. Hence, earn more than sell it earlier. xD

You shouldn't set a limit very high for yourself because we all are very greedy and never satisfied with what we have in hand. I think we definitely need to save money for the long term but not by sacrificing your current life style. So you should save more and spend some now also and enjoy your life.
Haesoo

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:02:29 AM

in current position i think hold bitcoin can be the best option, if you have a big amoiunt of bitcoin and you can manage to hold these bitcoin then you should not think about any thing else. holding bitcoin in present time will be the best option.

Yes like you I'm currently holding my bitcoin because for me it's so precious like a diamond.
As holding bitcoin I feel more financially secured as the price is still increasing over time. It's volatility that attracts me to hold more and more of it. Sometimes spending a little of my coins for my pleasure would be fine.
coolstory

Activity: 211

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:26:56 AM

I'll wait until 2020 because it's reward halving year for bitcoin. This can change the game really. The mining will be much harder and for mining to conitue, we'll see higher bitcoin prices. So I'm simply holding.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:13:45 AM

I'll wait until 2020 because it's reward halving year for bitcoin. This can change the game really. The mining will be much harder and for mining to conitue, we'll see higher bitcoin prices. So I'm simply holding.
Wow I am proud of your decision that you hold it to till 2020 that is a very good decision for yours and your family bright future, because I am sure in 2020 the price of bitcoin will cross 5000$ dollar and you hold to till it you have a lot of money and I hope you and your family will be enjoy your life with high amount of money .
Beparanf

Activity: 2772
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:42:00 AM

Wow I am proud of your decision that you hold it to till 2020 that is a very good decision for yours and your family bright future, because I am sure in 2020 the price of bitcoin will cross 5000$ dollar and you hold to till it you have a lot of money and I hope you and your family will be enjoy your life with high amount of money .

That is ideal if we have a great amount of money that even we have save in our wallet all those years without using it we will be able to still sustain our everyday life,like we already jave our own house,car and needs. Then probably saving it wpuld be a good decision.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: