Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:52:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: can bitcoin wallet be hacked by hackers?  (Read 28447 times)
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:03:31 AM

If you are that afraid that some very clever hackers might hack your wallet, then go for a cold wallet. That is yours and yours alone. I have not heard of Bitcoin hacking though. ETH hacking, there were several instances already. I hope no more hacking in the future. It always involves millions of dollars wasted.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bowly88

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:25:23 AM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?

Yes it can be 100% chance that our wallets can be hacked. If an hacker makes an effort to hacked it it will be hacked. To avoid that to happen, make sure that youbhave your security updated everyweek of even everyday if you can. Always change your passwords to avoid familiarity of it and always take care of your account. Don't say it to anybody unless yourself. Or cashed out all your money to avoid that permanently. No money in the wallet no hackers be attracted.
HalfDeck

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:44:50 AM

If you are that afraid that some very clever hackers might hack your wallet, then go for a cold wallet. That is yours and yours alone. I have not heard of Bitcoin hacking though. ETH hacking, there were several instances already. I hope no more hacking in the future. It always involves millions of dollars wasted.
Bitcoin wallet can't attack or hacked, just by user loss their private and hacker rob it from keylog virus or their cookie ... Then, hacker will import this private key and transfer all Bitcoin from this wallet to them wallet make user loss all Bitcoin.
yrreg ger

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:53:37 AM

Yes they can. There are many professional hackers there. They can dig their way in to your wallet. Even if it seems so impossible, they can find ways. Some hackers are smart enough to find vulnerabilities of the most secure security, so those wallets can be targeted if they seem interesting and even it take time if their determination is strong enough, they can get through it.
SHANTA

Activity: 155

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 05:07:40 AM

Yes, it is conceivable that your bitcoin wallet will be hacked by programmers particularly those online wallets since you won't be holding any private keys for your wallet. To maintain a strategic distance from the hacking better store your Bitcoin in disconnected wallets and abstain from phishing locales twofold check the site or application you will use before entering your Bitcoin wallet
franco123

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:16:26 AM

I agree. Hackers today are present everywhere. And they are really good because they can hack even the government sites or systems. With that, Bitcoin wallet is one of the targets now of the hackers because of the money that they can get from it. My suggestion is that, if you are using Bitcoin as an extra income, you sell them and cash it out once you received them. Then you can just put it in a reputable bank for savings or mutual fund if you want it to be an investment. However, if you are using Bitcoin as in investment, then I suggest to strengthen your account password and adding a verification code that whenever you log in to that account, a verification code should be sent in to your email.
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 11:22:49 AM

maybe a hacker with good skill that could hacked bitcoin wallet because the hacker need to cracked the private key or else. but as long as we can safe our wallet with secure, then the chance from being hacked is small. make sure that only us which know about the wallet and only us that can use the wallet to make transaction.
WaterPower

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:05:53 PM

No way they can. Bitcoin uses a sha256 bit encyption which would is 2256 possible formulas. Basically, it would take forever Smiley
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:15:52 PM

Yup, bitcoin wallet can be hacked by the hackers if they will know your password or the private key (if you are using a bitcoin wallet that has a private key) and it can be bypassed by the hackers and they will get your bitcoin and you will become a loser. So it is important to know the things that you need to know in securing your account like having a 2fa and also back ups so you don't need to worry about hack attacks.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:20:56 PM

No way they can. Bitcoin uses a sha256 bit encyption which would is 2256 possible formulas. Basically, it would take forever Smiley

Encryption has nothing to do with private keys as once they know it, they will just sweep the hell out of it and you will just wonder where did those formulas go which you were trusting upon? Just like paper money Bitcoins can be stolen too because though it is not easy to hack private keys but still there are theft incidents taking place in Bitcoin world too.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:31:02 PM

Let me guess, are you a long-term investor? If that's true, surely you need to know that nothing online things will be immune to hackers. Although it is very difficult to hack the private key of bitcoin, but it's possible that the hackers are learning it right now. So strengthen passwords and computer security from viruses. Because that could be one way for hackers to know. You can also make wallet more than 1, and you can move your btc from one wallet to other sometime, though this way will reduce your btc number because there is a moving fee. But it have a good work for secure the btc.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:46:45 PM

I have several times received an email containing Authorize Log In Attempt on my blockchain wallet whereas I did not do that, but I am lucky my blockchain wallet is still safe. I'm curious, how hackers can do this, does hacker already knowing my wallet ID and password on that wallet?
What should I do now?
webmastax

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:09:00 PM

Yes 100%. You can be victim of a RAT, Keylogger, fishing pages, ..
Be careful  Grin

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Gumpfire

Activity: 378
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:19:55 PM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?
That's the greatness about bitcoin, all the money that you have stored in your wallet is really safe that there are no people who can see hack on your wallet. But nowadays there are many great hackers that can hack in anyone's bank accounts, so maybe they can hack into our wallet.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:27:47 PM

Lol, hackers can hack anything , you are talking about Bitcoin ! Few years back they had hacked NASA to gather information so compare Bitcoin with NASA
So the answer is yes , they can hack into any wallet.
The only possible solution I know is to keep your Bitcoins in different wallets ( if you have lots of Bitcoin) this way even if your one address is hacked you will not lose all your money , only the sum kept in that wallet.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:47:48 PM

There are different types of hacking.
If you mean to develope a program that finds the keys to a wallet by a mathematical alogorithm, then I would say hacking a wallet is not possible.
But phishing is another kind of hacking. In that case the human is in the focus.
Finding and collecting patterns in his behaviour (like the passwords he normaly uses) can be managed by programs.
Maybe sometimes that way leads to a successful hack.

It's me!!!
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:55:41 PM

More hacking already have been done in cryptocurrencies accounts holder and they are unable to trace nor to take it back from the hackers.
I just be cautious before and now of my wallets to keep it safe of all the time but we can't guarantee it all over because we are in here in internet world and anything here is not safe for me.
ProoLogic

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:56:18 PM

Does anyone hear about possibility to hack Lodger Nano 9 wallet??

or Trezor?

Is it possible??

PoSToken - First PoS Token|Free Airdrop|No ICO
ProoLogic

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:06:11 PM

Let me guess, are you a long-term investor? If that's true, surely you need to know that nothing online things will be immune to hackers. Although it is very difficult to hack the private key of bitcoin, but it's possible that the hackers are learning it right now. So strengthen passwords and computer security from viruses. Because that could be one way for hackers to know. You can also make wallet more than 1, and you can move your btc from one wallet to other sometime, though this way will reduce your btc number because there is a moving fee. But it have a good work for secure the btc.

how much is moving fee??

Is there any "BTC free moving" wallets??

Thnks at advance..

PoSToken - First PoS Token|Free Airdrop|No ICO
tinhyeumaunang

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:15:12 PM

They can attack your wallet at any time. The best way is you should secure your wallet, keep the important information.

▬▬▬▬▬  bitJob ◆ The Student Marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █    [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [slack] [ANN Thread]    █ █
▬▬▬▬▬   TOKEN SALE ▶ Sept 12th, 2017   ▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: