Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:00:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: can bitcoin wallet be hacked by hackers?  (Read 28451 times)
Maxsumi

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:52:01 AM

Its 100% possible to hack your bitcoin wallet. But you if awere of it and take some precaution, the change of hacking almost zero.There are many ways hacker use to hack. one of them is phishing.You have to concious about it.We you open any wallet, check theck the url.don't be greedy to see any offer like "0.5 btc within 15 minutes ".If your wallet have 2 way authentication, don't be lazy to implement it.

Everything is possible but not everything works. You cant hack someones bitcoin wallet easily and get away with it like its nothing. But i suggest to put your coins in some other wallets as well so that if 1 gets hacked you still have coins left.
Mirardowyn

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:58:48 AM

There are so many ways of gaining access to your funds, from copy paste virus, to key loggers, social engineering forcing you to reveal your password and your private keys, phishing links, to malware inserted in the software of the wallets, all of that is something we need to take into account when we try to secure our coins.
_Legendary_

Activity: 573
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:22:22 AM

This depends on the type of wallet, if we use the web wallet and do not activate the 2FA feature, of course very easy for hackers to rob bitcoin, but if we use offline wallet then the hacker must steal the hardware.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:56:55 AM

This depends on the type of wallet, if we use the web wallet and do not activate the 2FA feature, of course very easy for hackers to rob bitcoin, but if we use offline wallet then the hacker must steal the hardware.
As far as i know. The hardwares cannot be reach by the hackers because they can't hack your system and steal your hardware since it is a physical thing and they can only get into your system and hack your software and not your hardware. Bitcoin wallets are safe but it is all depending on the person how is he going to make his wallet safe.
LSt56

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:45:12 PM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?
of course hackers can do that,
there have been a lot of wallet burglary incidents by hackers, one of whom is my friend. I suggest you keep your coin in a wallet that has double security and use 2fa. so it will be troublesome hackers breaking into your wallet.

Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:47:21 PM

Many stories about people losing bitcoin, this is because the number of spy programs that steal our data, the best way to avoid hackers steal our bitcoin is to frequently change the password and of course enable the security option further 2FA from Google or SMS verification.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:49:38 PM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?
I guess they could hack it. In addition to that, anything on online world can be hacked and if you want to protect your wallet from hackers you should keep your private key on safe place and do not ever share your private key. Lastly, try to use 2fa to make your more secure.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:01:59 AM

anticipation that I do on the computer to prevent hacked.
I installed internet security with antivirus. do not surf on many web, or do not install the app before it is tracked with antivirus. that's what I usually do. just prevention.
Not always intruders try to steal the Pvt keys by Malwares but sometime there is inside job. I will recommend to keep a hardware wallet or at least your Pvt keys on a offshore PC.
yes, like today, a lot of phising sites or links has been sent to every users here in these forum. they even use slack to spread the fake links via sending email. they try to steal your wallet, all you funds you work hard for. so better be careful when opening a link
I have noticed that as well especially on slack, I have received a multitude of phishing links, I received 4 in the last week, most of them have to do with Ethereum, however while phishing links are very annoying at the same time no one should fall for this, most of the time they ask for your private key and everyone must know that you should never share your private keys with anyone or you are going to lose your money.
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:56:57 AM

Yes they can be hacked and it's also very easy to do so for hackers, what they have to do is only have to send you a file containing trojan and then they can install all kinds of programs on your computer. And most people also know that storing bitcoins in an online wallet is also not safe because there is no guarantee that they can't be hacked and you would not like to loose money because of someone else's fault, so storing bitcoin offline is best.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:08:26 AM

buy a new lapton just for hold bitcoin wallet. backup wallet file with password then save on 2-3 usb with encrypt password
Buying a whole new laptop and maintain password in two or three USB is little tedious. I think it will be much better if a person shows a little care while dealing with password. Nobody can access your wallet until or unless you don't give away the password. Do not save password on any digital device. Do not go on clicking every link because most of the times this is how our computers get hack.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:41:40 AM

Just like any other fund/wealth storage, bitcoin can be hacked. Knowing that wallet are computer based,  there are lot ways to hacked like the insertion of trojan virus which allows someone to gather information in your wallet. Because we can't stop the possibility of this thing to happen it is wise to put your wealth on different wallet. But there is still an assurance that our bitcoin are safe and secure once we become conscious on the possiblity of hacking.
jekanmasin

Activity: 240
Merit: 11

Be Positive Always!

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:49:20 AM

nothing impossible this day..everything can be hack just a matter of time. that why the best thing we can do is to divide our coin to a separated account at east this can make your a litter safe rather put a full off egg into one basket.. just in case this hack happen.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Powerman001

Activity: 510

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:57:42 AM

nothing is impossible in this world, let alone just a bitcoin wallet nasa proprietary america can only be hacked
hardiyanto

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:00:37 AM

depending on the wallet owner, because the wallet sophisticated it can be hacked if we give a secret key to them. example phissing.so be careful in accessing our wallet.

resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:43:02 AM

if you wanna have a better security, i would recommend to have a multi signature wallet (the address with prefix of 3 instead of 1). in case of possibility of being hacked, they need certainly large amount of computing power which consumes all the possible energy in the Earth as there are more than googol (IIRC) of possible combinations and not all the private key is valid for bitcoin address.

Yes it is possible because hacker is one of the IT expert in this new generation and we are all salute their knowledge about computer, what we gonna do now is to make sure that our wallet is being safe don't accept the person if it is anonymous don't  try to give  your own status if there suddenly pop up on your computer, I'm sure that is scam, always monitor your account everyday and most especially if there is an email come in to your yahoo mail just ignore theme if you felt unsafe, thanks!
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 11:42:25 AM

Yes 100% .if you install some apps or join/click any link and provide your private key or gmail.Now many hacker built some apps for hacking your pc all information and wallet.Few days ago i am install wallet qt file and i donot know that its have virus.Finaly i am lose some bitcoin.I think hacker cannot do anything without your permission.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
kriticko29

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:45:35 AM

Yes it can be hacked. Many hackers are connected with different sites that we open in our browsers. They can gather info's by directing you to other sites and any type of registration.
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 11:46:02 AM

Yes 100% .if you install some apps or join/click any link and provide your private key or gmail.Now many hacker built some apps for hacking your pc all information and wallet.Few days ago i am install wallet qt file and i donot know that its have virus.Finaly i am lose some bitcoin.I think hacker cannot do anything without your permission.

██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
hiddenmist

Activity: 199

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:55:28 AM

Yes they can hack your wallet thru phishing link. They will copy your user name and password or even copy your private key. One way to avoid it is to use offline wallet like hardware wallet or if you use online wallet make sure it has 2fa authenticator.

smile1218

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:31:53 PM

Yes your bitcoin wallet can be hacked by professional hackers specially the online wallet if you have opened your wallet and mistakenly opened it on a site that is not secured that is the time hackers take advantage and pishing for your account details. The chances is 80-100% the safest way to guard your self is to use paper wallet or offline wallet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: