Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:06:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: can bitcoin wallet be hacked by hackers?  (Read 28451 times)
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:36:27 PM

Yes, bitcoin wallet can be hacked by hackers. Attackers are looking for people in social networks,Once the number is at the disposal of hackers, they will be able to reset the password in any bitcoin storage and Internet account connected to it, including Google, Facebook and Twitter accounts. who write about investing in crypto-currencies, find out the number of their mobile phone, then call the communication provider and, posing as a client, ask the operator to transfer the number service to another device.
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:52:12 PM

During my studies in college if there is one thing that I always remember what my professor said is that there is no system security that is perfect. Everything in the internet can be breached and it's what I firmly believe in since then. With that being said there's no doubt that our online wallets are prone to hacking activities. Sometimes I even wonder if there's a chance of an inside job everytime I heard of hacking incident. But I think it's just me and my paranoia. And I think the only thing we can do to prevent it is to take the necessary steps to protect our private keys and make sure that all security features available are being followed.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
Taylorw

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:13:20 PM

I believe or, it's better to say, I hope, that without our own mistake it's impossible to hack our wallet. Recently I had so many spam emails from Slack asking to update or smt MEW and follow the link. I think some people can follow it accidentally

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
     ▄█▀ ▄▄█████████████▄▄ ▀█▄

█▀ ▄███████▀   ▀███████▄ ▀█
   █ ▄████████▀     ▀████████▄ █
  █ ▄████████▀       ▀████████▄ █

█ ▄████████▀    █    ▀████████▄ █
▄▀▄█████        ▄█▄        █████▄▀▄
█ ██████▀▀▀     ███     ▀▀▀██████ █

█ ██████▄▄     ▄███▄     ▄▄██████ █
█ ███████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀███████ █
▀▄▀█████▀                 ▀█████▀▄▀

█ ▀███▀      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▀███▀ █
  █ ▀██      █████████      ██▀ █
   █ ▀██▄  ▄███████████▄  ▄██▀ █

█▄ ▀███████████████████▀ ▄█
     ▀█▄ ▀▀█████████████▀▀ ▄█▀

▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AppCoins

[.
WHITEPAPER
][.
CROWDSALE
]
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:21:40 PM

It depends on which wallet you use and which security measures you take.
Keep in mind web wallets are the most likely to be cracked... they can crack your wallet password, your email password (and then access to your wallet) or even web wallet servers, so avoid to use web wallets/exchanges if you wanna be safe with your money!
Some wallets like Blockchain.info provides best security methods, if you use 2FA, it is very difficult for hackers to hack your wallet, although I heard that there is a method to hack even 2FA, so our coins security is our responsability.
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:38:35 PM

I believe or, it's better to say, I hope, that without our own mistake it's impossible to hack our wallet. Recently I had so many spam emails from Slack asking to update or smt MEW and follow the link. I think some people can follow it accidentally
I never click to those links from them, because some hackers can hack our computer system through those links, example automatic download malware after load image or click to ads ...

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
namorthesu

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:40:45 AM

I think that this situation is possible, but attackers can steal money from your credit card. There is no system, which will provide you absolute security. And it's a bad reason not to use different cryptowallets
bitorama

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:29:52 AM

it depends on you, so you must have a secure way to keep your private keys
Paecga129

Activity: 422

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:50:26 PM

Yes a bitcoin wallet can be hacked by hackers. The best advice I can give you to prevent this is to educate yourself about two factor authentication and use it on every wallet, acct, device, etc you have.
JRoa

Activity: 528

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:55:08 PM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?
It depends. Because most of the bitcoins wallet nowadays has high security. But if you will store your bitcoins, I prefer to you to store it in coinbase. The coinbase is the safest online wallets.

pginvest

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:39:36 PM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?
Anything in the digital space has vulnerabilities. What you need to do is take whatever steps you can to add layers of security to make it as awkward and time consuming as possible for any would be attacker. ITs like having a burglar alarm on your house when your neighbour doesn't, typical the thief will go next door.

Am I spamming? Report me!
cryptobiker

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:48:31 PM

The safest Bitcoin wallet on the face of the earth is Node wallet... yes you would have to download entire chain you would need some disk space but you will have full control of your asset.. encrypt your wallet keep the passphrase safe and secure.. unless some one get access to that phase you are bulletproof, nobody can steal from you.
Jeger

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:53:57 PM

There is a very very very very small probability of a hacker hacking your wallet using brute force method, they will hack into your bitcoin address containing millions of dollars worth of bitcoins in... Lets see, more than the age of universe I guess?
So no, if you create your wallet in a secure way then there is no way of hacker to hack your wallet (assuming your computer is free of malware and stuffs)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★    DEEPONION | Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency (https://deeponion.org/?ref=1125436)   ❱❱❱  Guard Your Privacy! (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1125436)    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
❱❱❱ JOIN DEEPONION AIRDROP NOW! (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1125436)  Anonymous Transactions by TOR Network (https://deeponion.org/?ref=1125436) 
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by ⚡DeepVault Technology (https://deeponion.org/deepvault)⚡▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
colenax

Activity: 376

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:08:07 PM

I think it is not easy to hack someone's computer. let alone to retrieve files stored in our hardist. most likely to steal and hack through the method of inject rivus, a kind of torjan. that's what I know.

erep

Activity: 2324
Merit: 594

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:11:26 PM

Its like if you keep the doors open then your house will be robbed for sure. You need to keep your wallet secure and safe, if you have that much of a tension then better to take trezor or Keepkey.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:26:16 AM

That is one of the perks of bitcoin "security" only you can hold your private key. Put a 2fa on your accounts linked to access your wallet. Don't eorry about bruteforce it would take millions of years for them to grt just a single private key.
You're right! 2fa will prevent your bitcoin from being stolen if you reuse your password somewhere else or in certain phishing scenarios. It is very useful for online services because it has limited uses for software wallet. Anyway, just secure all your information in your wallet and avoid clicking a websites which you think is a phishing sites.
Reusing your password is the first mistake, you should never use the same password, if you use different passwords then you are going to limit the damage that a hacker can do to you, if you use the same password then the hackers can steal money from many different accounts and in that case the advantages of having your money in different wallets evaporate, remember to always think of keeping your coins as secure as possible because with bitcoin you only get one chance, if your coins are stolen then it is game over.
Conevesses1976

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:00:07 PM

Bitcoin offline wallet is really protected but bitcoin online wallet is not so secure. We know that now a whole lot of net fishing that can deceive you. So your password and e-mail can be hacked. Some of my pals have experienced the decline of bitcoin triggered by hackers.
Influmezo

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:38:59 AM

Bitcoin offline wallet is quite secure but bitcoin on the internet wallet is not so secure. We know that now a whole lot of internet fishing that can deceive you. So your password and e-mail can be hacked. Some of my buddies have experienced the reduction of bitcoin triggered by hackers.
Marjo04

Activity: 408

www.bitpaction.com

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:41:52 AM

If we have strong passwoord then hard for them but hacker is hacker.they can do everything.so lets be safe our wallet everytime

Swopon
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 120

Gamdom

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 08:48:16 AM

Yes it's possible.If you don't have enough or sufficient security in your bitcoin account they can hack it.Or if you use same password in many sites they can hack it.

Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:57:13 AM

Hackers can hack everything. To live too bad. You can die from it. Lol! Pay attention to the causes of the break-ins. In all cases, is primarily to blame yourself. If you always follow safety rules then it will be much harder to do. I think that online wallets are always more difficult to hack than your computer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: