Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:43:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: can bitcoin wallet be hacked by hackers?  (Read 28447 times)
florentis

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:21:45 PM

It depends on the protection of the wallet. But everything can be hacked, even bitcoin wallet.
Decalcomania

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:22:45 PM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?
No! Hackers cannot hack your bitcoins especially if your bitcoins are in trusted wallets. Trusted wallets have a high security that hackers can't hack your bitcoins.

dalek

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 05:35:52 PM

It's possible if u don't know how to keep your keys private. And also access to your email
It is true the bitcoin will make the world currency and he age of the bitcoin will be high I wish in the future all the people use the bitcoin and the bitcoin will be the currency of the time, it is not good to share about the private key with more than one person because the bitcoin is now helping a lot of the people and it is the reason why the bitcoin is using the space for the long time holding and the block chain will prevent the wallet from being hack.
Blockchain is really the best system to protect anything, the hacker never have chance to attack a system used Blockchain as Bitcoin wallets.
Unless, the onwner of Bitcoin Wallets give hacker chance to know the private key, only this chance can help hacker rob money from Bitcoin wallets (offline).

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
     ▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                    ████
   ██                     ███▀██
  ██                    ▄██▀   ██
 ██                    ▄██      ██
██▀                  ▄██▀      ▄███
██                  ▄██      ▄██▀██
██                 ██▀    ▄███▀  ██
██               ▄██▀   ▄██▀     ██
██▄             ▄██  ▄███▀      ▄██
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★
naitik01

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:21:22 PM

It is possible,Bitcoin steals wallet by hacker software if the wallet is not safe. Your wallet should provide double layer protection. If possible,
your wallet should be used in the offline, it should be kept safe for your password and private key.
wallstone

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:26:03 PM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?
Basically, they can hacked it because everything in online can be hacked so that if you want to keep your bitcoin safe and secure you must your password and private key in safe place where your the ony who knows it. I suggest try put 2fa to make more secure and safe.
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 04:03:24 PM

I don't really thing about it since the security provided by blockchain and other wallets are high enough and unbeatable . I think its hard to surpass security. Anyways if you're still worried about your wallets and coins then i recommend you hardware wallet or an offline wallet. I don't think any hackers can hacked it.
Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:48:58 AM

As long as you use a very strong passphrase (words that makes no sense) and only have it written down on paper, chances should be low to get hacked. Of course, nothing is impossible today so you better have your money divided in different wallets just for the case that one of them get hacked.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
dalek

Activity: 382

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:00:13 PM

I don't really thing about it since the security provided by blockchain and other wallets are high enough and unbeatable . I think its hard to surpass security. Anyways if you're still worried about your wallets and coins then i recommend you hardware wallet or an offline wallet. I don't think any hackers can hacked it.

Yeah, that's right, no one can attack your offline wallet or hardware wallet through internet.
I do not say it is not risk, but the security of offline wallets and hardware wallets always better than any services from online wallets.

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
     ▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                    ████
   ██                     ███▀██
  ██                    ▄██▀   ██
 ██                    ▄██      ██
██▀                  ▄██▀      ▄███
██                  ▄██      ▄██▀██
██                 ██▀    ▄███▀  ██
██               ▄██▀   ▄██▀     ██
██▄             ▄██  ▄███▀      ▄██
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★
peynman

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:19:24 PM

Yes of course, there are so many cases of hackers hacks an individual's wallet. And I think the main reason why it happened is that because they are not so careful about their private things, or they got into a site and click a link in which they are unaware that it is a bomb that will explode once it is been click. The way of hackers to get into you is through different kind of techniques, using viruses, key logger, etc.. So we always need to be careful.  Wink
hangar18

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:17:42 PM

Yes of course, there are so many cases of hackers hacks an individual's wallet. And I think the main reason why it happened is that because they are not so careful about their private things, or they got into a site and click a link in which they are unaware that it is a bomb that will explode once it is been click. The way of hackers to get into you is through different kind of techniques, using viruses, key logger, etc.. So we always need to be careful.  Wink
We need to spend more time to learn the method hacking system of hackers. It does not mean we need to become the hacker to understand all. Today, many developers and white hackers explain how to access your computer through keyloggers, viruses, links, images ... in a simple way.
snedyolo

Activity: 226
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:49:01 PM

The only possibility for our wallet to get infiltrated by hackers is to be able to know some information about the account such as credentials and password retrieval information. Therefore, in order to maintain our accounts more secured, we need to be mindful about where we give and who we give some of our information.

SerioGiocatore

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:52:28 PM

Yes hackers can hack bitcoin wallet. It's like a facebook account. To secure an account, enable dual or triple authentication. This is verifying a transaction by using a code sent to your email or phone.
/GeertJohan

Activity: 409

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:25:20 PM

There are more wallets are available like, Mobile wallet, Hardware wallet and so on..
But i thought, both can be possible which means they can hack or not..But it rely on which wallet you had used and must be ensure that your password is secured.
Because hackers have the many techniques to hack... So you should be use secure password and don't share to any one..
Evangeline2

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:35:54 PM

Can be hacked, but the Bitcoin wallet has a transaction password, so if the wallet is stolen by a hacker, he does not know your transaction password can not steal your bitcoin. In summary is to pay attention to their own network security, in order to avoid their own bitcoin hacked.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:56:43 PM

Why only bitcoin wallet, hackers can hack your bank accounts, they can hack your personal computer, your mobile and even your email accounts. They are experts; they consider hacking activity as their source of income. Bitcoin exchanges provide mobile wallets to their customers but it is our duty to keep these wallets safe from hackers. We must not share our private key with anyone. Do not reply/open any unknown emails or mail links. These links are the traps laid by hackers, cookies from these links may steal your passwords or other valuable information from your wallet. It always recommended to use authorised and certified mobile wallets.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:08:32 PM

I am not sure about bitcoin wallet but they can definitely hack your system and mails from that they can easily watch your transaction or account details then they will use that . Nothing in this internet world is safe every thing is traceable and hackable.
hendras

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:15:08 PM

As a safety of your bitcoin I recommend following steps:-

Always use good antivirus and malware scanner on your laptop/pc.
Use hardware wallet like Ledger/Trezor to store your bitcoin.
Do not ever enter your passphrase/private key in nay third party wallet or web sites.
Take care of phishing mails, do not click any link receive in suspicious mail.
tomevans

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:17:38 PM

As a safety of your bitcoin I recommend following steps:-

Always use good antivirus and malware scanner on your laptop/pc.
Use hardware wallet like Ledger/Trezor to store your bitcoin.
Do not ever enter your passphrase/private key in nay third party wallet or web sites.
Take care of phishing mails, do not click any link receive in suspicious mail.

It is also good habit to encrypt your wallet with strong paraphrase if you use software wallet. You can use offline virtual machine to store wallet.
trauchot

Activity: 1764

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:26:14 PM

Any hacker with big experience can hack anything, its has been proved many times, everything has its own holes. How many times I saw in the Internet, such information was too much about cracking bitcoin wallets. I advise simply to keep all your wallet data in your usb flash drive, on your computer there should be no information about your wallet.
eviaellis

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:28:07 PM

If you ware using any exchange/web wallet, you must enable two factor authentication like Google Authenticator/ SMS/ Email verification for withdrawals/transfer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: