Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:16:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: can bitcoin wallet be hacked by hackers?  (Read 28451 times)
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:16:48 PM

I know many scenarios to hacking wallet's (online and local)
And all of this scenario based on user misstake. You can open fishing site, or you can open trojan keylogger file, etc

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 10:48:32 PM

how do I stop receiving notifications on this thread? I have already unwatched it.
johnrickdalaygon

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:57:27 PM

If you are aware of hacking and don't want to get hacked you should protect your information. If you backup your wallet information please make sure that your backing system is totally secured. Also, please make sure to turn on or enable two-factor authentication or SMS in this way you can protect your account in getting loss. Please be aware in different types of computer virus, they can steal your information without your knowing. Goodluck to you!
GalahadSeika

Activity: 179

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:03:15 PM

This is a very intruguing topic indeed because this question has been wondering on all of bitcointalk users. Of course bitcoin wallet can be hacked by hackers. There are various reports of wallet being hacked by hackers you can safe guard your wallet by adding more layer of security for example adding a fingerprint something like that. The chances of you being hacked is kinda high because hackers are not that picky as long as you have a sizable amount of money in your account they will try and hack you as much as they can. Also, sometimes it is the fault of the user why he/she was hacked maybe because of the sites they are visiting or the files they download that contains hacker programs and such.
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 11:16:15 PM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?
They definitely can! If you leave your password or private keys lying around for others to see, then your account can be hacked. If you click on phishing links in your email or web sites, your account can be hacked! The only way to keep your wallet account truly safe is if you are vigilantly responsible in keeping them safe.

Tashi

Activity: 391

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:19:34 PM

In order to secure your Bitcoin, you must never share your private keys with anyone, that’s why it is called PRIVATE, also to make sure that your account is already verified by your cellphone number and email. Make sure that your wallet uses a two way authentication. There are wallets that has level of security features, max it. Always apply netiquette - the smart and proper way of using the internet.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:20:58 PM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?

Actually, we all see that Bitcoin is not currently able to hack it, but the wallet containing BTC has many cases of hacking lost assets. So to avoid losing BTC in the wallet then you should set up more offline using private keykey to avoid the case when the BTC price increases, the counter to stop the website to avoid BTC transaction at that time. And remember that the password of the wallet should be different from the password set and set two steps security for your wallet account.

Airdrop Manager

Activity: 73

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:23:15 PM

Although your wallet can not be heck with bitcoins now, unless you make a mistake on your wallet. I've never heard that blockchain is hacked, I'm happy with the blockchain wallet.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:25:27 PM

possible to hack your wallet if you dont have enough security password. a lot of hacker right now continuing to study blockchain so always keep your private key. better to write password rather than save to your email or social media account
mudra102

Activity: 165

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:26:14 PM

yes i think hacker just can hack private key and can't hack bitcoin system.
Kumbopulus

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:26:53 PM

They cant hack into the wallet per say, but they can obtain your private keys/seed phrases or pass phrases... Keep in mind that you're responsible for your own security.
a4techer

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:29:19 PM

Of course yes right now everyone want to hack a system that to be come a rich instant so even ilegal they are joining to be rich so that i must prefer and suggest to you that try a system that can hundle offline wallet for your bitcoin and even hackers didnt get your coins because according to my friend that must preferable the offiline than online wallet if you have a big amount of bitcoin.
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:29:42 PM

Yes,  because  it has no private key when we use wallet like coins.ph. There are many hackers in this cruel world so please take care of your bitcoins, don't let them hacked your account.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:30:45 PM

If you are not pay atention with your funds from your wallet there is a risk always, but i think the 2FA or private keys is enought for not having such problems.
reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:30:55 PM

The security risk for any cryptocurrency is with the Bitcoin wallet and how secure the owner keeps it and any systems they use to make transactions. Make sure you take extra security to protect your wallet, keep it secret. If that key is compromised, the attackers can send all of the victim's bitcoin to themselves
Alexander Mamaev

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 12:12:35 PM

It depends on the wallet type you are using. 'Hot' wallets can be hacked into easily, since private keys is not stored safely. Hackers can get your data through phishing mechanisms, or you don't act carefully while using the Internet.

'Cold' wallet is more secure, as it stores your private keys online.

So, in a word, when choosing between the types of wallets - ‘hot’ and ‘cold’ - the cold one is certainly more.In terms of particular wallets, there is a range of reliable models out there.

Here are just a few exanples: Bitcoin Core, BitGo, BlockChain, Trezor, Ledger Nano S.Yet, of course, not all wallets will suit your needs in equal measure. Plus, some of them, although secure, lack a convenient interface.

In case you may be interested, you can check you the project I am working. It is a cryptowallet that tries to marry convenience with security, while also ensuring user’s anonymity - https://www.diamondguard.io/
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:05:56 PM

I think that private keys are reliable enough and there is no sense in panicking
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:19:34 PM

100 percent that hackers can hack our wallet if you dont secured your wallet like choosing what wallet are you want but for me try to use secured wallet so you'll safe on some hackers like coin base this is the best wallet and trusted for me or if you are a filipino try to use coin.ph

I agree, they can hack our wallet or even our account if didn't secure. Actually i'm a filipino and i choose coins.ph as my wallet because it's secure and they have 2FA, so they don't easily access my wallet, and i love that wallet because it's so easy to use and so smooth to transac.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
bxbxy

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:26:57 PM

Yes bitcoin wallet can be hacked by hackers if we are not careful about our private information and if we are careless about our account then it is possible that your bitcoin wallet will be hacked by the hackers.
dragonbhai

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:28:16 PM

Yes,  because  it has no private key when we use wallet like coins.ph. There are many hackers in this cruel world so please take care of your bitcoins, don't let them hacked your account.
if you wanna have a better security, i would recommend to have a multi signature wallet (the address with prefix of 3 instead of 1). in case of possibility of being hacked, they need certainly large amount of computing power which consumes all the possible energy in the Earth as there are more than googol (IIRC) of possible combinations and not all the private key is valid for bitcoin address.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: