Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:53:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Any word on amd vega hash rates?  (Read 202549 times)
wudafuxup

Activity: 391
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:58:48 AM

Why would the registry files be any different than the stock blower style cooler? It's the exact same card.. It baffles me how people think changing the outside cooler turns it into a completely different card. If the core and memory are the same (from same manufacturer), the card will perform exactly the same (apart from better thermals of course)...
FWIW, while I don't know anything about the Nitro, the MSI Air Boost (which looks the same as the reference cards) does not perform the same. It seems to have Hynix memory (according to GPU-Z), and I was never able to get it to work even remotely well.

Well yes, I believe all Vega 56s have hynix while the 64s have samsung memory. That's the reason why I buy 64s even though the 56s are cheaper. From my experience samsung memory always seems more robust and has fewer crashes. It's probably also why the 56 even with a 64 bios hashes a bit less than the 64. So basically my point remains.. We weren't even talking about the 56s.

Check this article out: https://videocardz.com/72173/there-are-at-least-three-variants-of-vega-10-gpu-packages

I like crypto

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Morgon

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:17:24 AM

Well yes, I believe all Vega 56s have hynix while the 64s have samsung memory. That's the reason why I buy 64s even though the 56s are cheaper. From my experience samsung memory always seems more robust and has fewer crashes. It's probably also why the 56 even with a 64 bios hashes a bit less than the 64. So basically my point remains.. We weren't even talking about the 56s.

Check this article out: https://videocardz.com/72173/there-are-at-least-three-variants-of-vega-10-gpu-packages
It was my understanding that when the reference cards were released, Hynix didn't even have HBM2 ready yet (which was part of the availability issues).

Either way, there are definitely 56s with Samsung (another). But now you have me wondering about the weaker cards in my fleet.
moshalu

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:36:45 AM

I've just set up my second rig with 8 vega 56's. I am using xmr-stak-amd. When I go to global wattman, my gpu frequency can only go to -4% or -8% for some. I am using the Aug 23 blockchain driver. When I open xmr-stak-amd and let it run, the hashrate stays at 0 h/s. Eventually it will show 1500 h/s for all 16 threads. I'm not sure whats going on. Any suggestion or help is appreciated!
StellarX88

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:08:27 AM

I've just set up my second rig with 8 vega 56's. I am using xmr-stak-amd. When I go to global wattman, my gpu frequency can only go to -4% or -8% for some. I am using the Aug 23 blockchain driver. When I open xmr-stak-amd and let it run, the hashrate stays at 0 h/s. Eventually it will show 1500 h/s for all 16 threads. I'm not sure whats going on. Any suggestion or help is appreciated!

Try to DDU and reinstall the driver from scratch. Better, avoid using Wattman to UV or OC, try to use OverdriveNTool.

Have you try to disable & enable all Vega on PC reboot everytime? It should get you to 1.5-6k hash each card with 2 threads intensity; Do remember to OC your mem clock to 900 - 950 Mhz to achieve higher hashrate (for stock 56 BIOS), or 1000 - 1100 Mhz (flashed to 64 BIOS).
StellarX88

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:46:29 AM

anyone have ASUS ROG STRIX VEGA 64's and nitro plus vega 64 powerplaymod files?

i had order that,it will come tomorrow.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Why would the registry files be any different than the stock blower style cooler? It's the exact same card.. It baffles me how people think changing the outside cooler turns it into a completely different card. If the core and memory are the same (from same manufacturer), the card will perform exactly the same (apart from better thermals of course)...
strix is arrived and testing.i had use PPmod regfile same Airblower model. it works fine.
now testing.... Wink Wink Wink

Hi, do you mind sharing your ASUS Strix Vega 64 BIOS with me? Can I know if the model that you get are using Samsung/Hynix memory?

I have acquired an ASUS Strix Vega 56 recently, but with Hynix memory, and it seems that while I can push the mem clock to 950, and subsequently hashing it at about 1.8k - 1.9k, all it produces are just invalid shares on both XMR-stak & Cast-XMR. I can only somewhat reliably hashing with 900 Mhz @ 1.75 kh/s, and it still produces trickles of invalid shares. Seems like better cooling solution could potentially come with a downside of worse silicon lottery.

Thanks.
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:52:01 PM

anyone mining bytecoin or electronic dollar - new cryptonight coin? what pool are you using?
bostonvex

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:52:45 PM

anyone mining bytecoin or electronic dollar - new cryptonight coin? what pool are you using?

I'm gonna try bytecoin.party
oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:01:19 PM

strix is arrived and testing.i had use PPmod regfile same Airblower model. it works fine.

Hi, do you mind sharing your ASUS Strix Vega 64 BIOS with me? Can I know if the model that you get are using Samsung/Hynix memory?

I have acquired an ASUS Strix Vega 56 recently, but with Hynix memory, and it seems that while I can push the mem clock to 950, and subsequently hashing it at about 1.8k - 1.9k, all it produces are just invalid shares on both XMR-stak & Cast-XMR. I can only somewhat reliably hashing with 900 Mhz @ 1.75 kh/s, and it still produces trickles of invalid shares. Seems like better cooling solution could potentially come with a downside of worse silicon lottery.

Thanks.
ROG-Strix 64 stock bios (Samsung)
https://1.bitsend.jp/download/c29e6b5ed1891b939b9c99e31750b2ee.html
quick setup hit 2k+ also silent and cool than Airblow but its not worth 900USD at japan.
https://imgur.com/a/A1hGi
StellarX88

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:17:44 AM

Thanks.
quick setup hit 2k+ also silent and cool than Airblow but its not worth 900USD at japan.

Thanks alot for the BIOS. I will give it a try, even though I doubt it will fix mine since it seems to be more of a silicon lottery. Are you able to have 100% shares with the quick set up?

I paid 800USD for my 56, but if yours hash fine with much error at least it's better than mine for sure.
Cheers!
StellarX88

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:33:58 AM

Thanks.

Hey, sorry to trouble again, it seems you provided me with the registry file rather than the BIOS. Are you able to grab a copy of the stock BIOS using atiflash? By the way, does your Strix Vega 64 comes with BIOS switch?

Thanks.
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:35:28 AM

Thanks.

Are you sure your card has Hynix HBM2 memory or you just using old gpu-z?
StellarX88

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:44:48 AM

Thanks.

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/17/12/26/vxm.png
oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:51:30 AM

Thanks.

sorry,sir i had re-upload vbios here.
Asus ROG-Strix 64 stock Vbios
https://1.bitsend.jp/download/ba435b729cdb870bab06f767b9edec5b.html
also sapphire nitro plus 64 stock Vbios
https://1.bitsend.jp/download/58555c754fd2f0135681fde6ad83f186.html

by the way,i had start mining EDC last night,100000EDC also mined. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:16:09 PM

[Wattman discussion...]

What would this achieve though, other than sucking even more power?

Currently I have basically tried variations of these two main options (short of a bios mod):

1. 1407@905mV core and 925@900mV hbm (1900h/s/card - 1385W @ the wall for the 6-card rig)
2. core -20% tdp, 925@900mV hbm (1800h/s/card - 1125W @ the wall)

For case 1, HBM temp is between 75 and 82C
For case 2, HBM temp is between 60 and 70C

In either case I cannot increase hbm speed or the rig will crash.

Is a bios mod the only way to get higher speed? I read from other people clocking their Vega 56 HBM at close to 1100!... How on earth do they do that?

Well, as mentioned, yes -- a bios mod.  Also I think a psu that provides slightly higher voltage, for example a HP 1,500w common slot psu with a Parallelminer breakout board, helps with Vega speeds.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:24:19 PM

Hi All, I have a couple of questions if anyone can help

Can anyone tell me what the P Values in Overdriventool change. I believe P7 is the memory frequecy of the card and P3 the cards Ram? but what are the others.

also, I always stop the miner before making any changes in Overdriventool. Is it ok to make changes while the miner is running?

Thanks

Yes, it is OKAY to make changes in OverDriveNTool while the miner is running.  Let's say you have 4 Vega cards and one is the proverbial mutt.  If you are using the Jericho Jones script, you might opt to have the script load a pretty conservative, lower hashing rate OverDriveNTool profile just so that Cast or XMR start mining smoothly.  Then you can go into OverDriveNTool and apply a different profile for the three cards that work great, one by one, while the miner is running.  You should see changed hash rates for those cards in under a minute.  Or you could create two different profiles, and load the slower one for the mutt card, and the better one for the three good cards using the VideoTools option explained within the script and at the vegaminingblog.

Changing settings in OverDriveNTool while the miner is running can help you determine which card(s) is or are the dog(s) (your miner will crash after you hit "apply" for that card, even if it did not crash for the other cards).

You can fine tune your setup in this way.  But be aware that OverDriveNTool numbers the cards differently than the miner program.  So change one card's settings and see which card # in the miner window is affected.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
Shnikes101

Activity: 254
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:15:38 PM

Thought I would do a Merry Christmas post as I finally completed my Vega mining setup in my garage.

After a brief moment of weakness when I had it for sale - I pushed on and found my 8th card. I probably have room for another 2 cards in each case - but I'd have to up my power supplies. So for now, I'm done.
Little over 16,000 h/s. No reboots necessary.

Merry Christmas and Happy Mining

ntshb

Activity: 95

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:38:37 PM

any idea why xmr stak's hashrate keeps dropping to the point it triggers the auto restart function?

I have 6 vega 64 hashing at about 2kh/s and I set the hashdiff to 600 and it restarts every 20-30mins.

yet on another miner with 5 vega 64s, it seems to last a lot longer (500 hashdiff)

the intensity is set to 1932 for all threads and the fan speeds have been raised to keep HBM temps below 75degC
GPU_P7=1408;925 Mem_P3=1100;905 for all vega 64s.

ironically, the vega56 that have been flashed to vega 64 bios seems to do better. (more stable before the autorestart)
oskar_n8

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:00:50 PM

Anyone mining ETH+PASL or PASC? what's your profitability daily?

Hi,

I am bit surprised, since I expected less power consumption.
Even ETH only takes 182W from the wall.
But PASC is very CPU intensive

Here my results  (V56 w. 64bios)

-1408/1100@895
DCRI 30: ETH 36,2mhs & PASC 1088mhs 265W
DCRI 25: ETH 40,5mhs & PASC 1000mhs 275W

-1100/1100@895
DCRI 30: ETH 28,6mhs & PASC 860mhs 210W

ETH only
-1408/1100@895
DCRI 30: ETH 43,9mhs 202W

-1100/1100@895
DCRI 30: ETH 43,8mhs 182W
Servfox

Activity: 37
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:01:50 PM

Is there any work on when a new batch of Vega’s will be available?  I can’t find these stinking things anywhere.
Shnikes101

Activity: 254
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:11:01 PM

any idea why xmr stak's hashrate keeps dropping to the point it triggers the auto restart function?

I have 6 vega 64 hashing at about 2kh/s and I set the hashdiff to 600 and it restarts every 20-30mins.

yet on another miner with 5 vega 64s, it seems to last a lot longer (500 hashdiff)

the intensity is set to 1932 for all threads and the fan speeds have been raised to keep HBM temps below 75degC
GPU_P7=1408;925 Mem_P3=1100;905 for all vega 64s.

ironically, the vega56 that have been flashed to vega 64 bios seems to do better. (more stable before the autorestart)

Adjust windows settings - no aero, no screen sleep, etc
Run off igpu if at all possible
If no igpu, try turning down the intensity for the card handling the video

I keep temps below 60c. 75c may be too high
Could always be a silicon lottery. Try bringing the intensity down a bit if stability is an issue.
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: