Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:23:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HUSH Secure Private Messaging and Transactions [Equihash]  (Read 129419 times)
ConvertThisFile

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:22:54 PM

Nothing realy new about HUSH...

Price is where it was... still waiting for some new things

How is with mining? I mining it but very slow...

Difficulty must've cranked up massively in the last week. We are down from 35 hush per day to 16....
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Temporel

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:53:34 AM

Difficulty must've cranked up massively in the last week. We are down from 35 hush per day to 16....

I gave it another try today and the amount I got was very disappointing. whattomine.com ia way off with this coin. Going back to ... anything else.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:37:20 AM

I gave it another try today and the amount I got was very disappointing. whattomine.com ia way off with this coin. Going back to ... anything else.

What settings do you have whattomine set as in terms of difficulty and profitability?
nidzapb

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:55:59 AM

Here everything is going bad and mining and selling.HUSH  DEAD coin ??
We are trapped by the story that the hus will go to bittrex, and that's not a month since.
I did not go into a story to get rich, but I did not even get my btc I put into this coin.
Vyazhan

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:22:50 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 08:33:43 AM by Vyazhan

PSA
===

PLEASE move your miners OFF SuprNova Pool immediately! The pool has consistently over 60% of the hashrate! There are many other pools with the same reliability and better fees, you are harming the network by spreading your hashrate so thin and open everyone to double-spending attacks!

https://miningpoollists.com/hush/

The only concern with having that high of a hashrate is if you don't trust the pool owner's intentions. That is not an issue here, Suprnova is trustworthy and proven.

For me it is. I don't know this owner personally and just having a good track record does not prove to me there is no bad intentions. See MTGox, GAWMiner etc...

I agree. Majority hashrate only indicates the (remote) possibility of controlling the network.

I don't know how a core developer could chime in here as well and proclaim a pool having over 51% of the hashrate is of minor concern. This is a serious threat to the network and downplaying it won't solve this issue at all.

Wat? Double spending attacks? They have nothing to do with hashrate on one pool.

How do they have nothing to do with the hashrate on one pool? https://coinsutra.com/bitcoin-double-spending/ is just one reliable source for this.

My 2cts...
Pro_x

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:25:09 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 08:57:47 AM by Pro_x

Here everything is going bad and mining and selling.HUSH  DEAD coin ??
We are trapped by the story that the hus will go to bittrex, and that's not a month since.
I did not go into a story to get rich, but I did not even get my btc I put into this coin.

some of us in here are willing to wait for many months, I can be in for years, if something seems ok. some want all in once and expect to all go up and only up. a month in crypto is a blink, try to code something in a month, in a vacation period. and alts going up in a time when btc is ath for days seems logic, right? good luck
Pro_x

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:57:12 AM

On which pool? problem atm is that if you mine on anything else than suprnova, 1 day is not long enough and you depend on pure luck.

All miners that are mining for longer period should choose other pool than suprnova, fees are smaller on some pools so its strange that they dont take couple minutes to switch.

I checked and data seems right, dif is taken here https://explorer.myhush.org/status
And net hashrate is ok also.
Lolliedieb

Activity: 433
Merit: 48

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 09:25:07 AM

In my opinion one should not be too focused on Bitrex. The only thing at the current situation I do not like is that HUSH has to rely on exactly one exchange - if this single one would be hacked or delists HUSH (unlike due to its volume) this would be a serious problem.

I do not think it is required to get HUSH on the #1 exchange right now, but any second or third exchange listing HUSH would be wellcome. What do you thing, are there other candidates that may list HUSH more quickly?

BTW: I am mining on miningspeed and payouts are comming fine. Indeed the difficulty is much higher then a few weeks ago, but prize also did 10x, so I think that is fine.

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 11:00:48 AM

Do not worry about bittrex, but buy when the price is low on cryptopia.

If you believe in the project and its development, you do not need to ask any questions about bittrex. Few project deserves to enter on bittrex, but HUSH is part of its projects!

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
striker7334 2.0

Activity: 560
Merit: 300

Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:39:05 AM

If you believe in the project and its development, you do not need to ask any questions about bittrex. Few project deserves to enter on bittrex, but HUSH is part of its projects!

Just started to look into Hush again today and I agree right now Hush is the only one of the anon forks of ZEC that actually has a roadmap worth a damn and active development. Patience is the name of the game this may take awhile Bittrex isn't really adding any other coins atm just buy and forget about them check back next year.  Grin

mreichardt

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:33:39 PM

PSA
===

PLEASE move your miners OFF SuprNova Pool immediately! The pool has consistently over 60% of the hashrate! There are many other pools with the same reliability and better fees, you are harming the network by spreading your hashrate so thin and open everyone to double-spending attacks!

The only concern with having that high of a hashrate is if you don't trust the pool owner's intentions. That is not an issue here, Suprnova is trustworthy and proven.

For me it is. I don't know this owner personally and just having a good track record does not prove to me there is no bad intentions. See MTGox, GAWMiner etc...

I agree. Majority hashrate only indicates the (remote) possibility of controlling the network.

I don't know how a core developer could chime in here as well and proclaim a pool having over 51% of the hashrate is of minor concern. This is a serious threat to the network and downplaying it won't solve this issue at all.

Wat? Double spending attacks? They have nothing to do with hashrate on one pool.

How do they have nothing to do with the hashrate on one pool? https://coinsutra.com/bitcoin-double-spending/ is just one reliable source for this.

My 2cts...

The issue here is not the core dev team (with regards to hashrate). The issue is that miners are not choosing to equally spread out hashing power. They consolidate on big pools because they think they will gain more profit. Maybe the mining community should help inform these miners. I have no ill-will with ocminer, he has a great pool. I am also not a miner so I have very little actual input on the subject.
mreichardt

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:39:12 PM

Just started to look into Hush again today and I agree right now Hush is the only one of the anon forks of ZEC that actually has a roadmap worth a damn and active development. Patience is the name of the game this may take awhile Bittrex isn't really adding any other coins atm just buy and forget about them check back next year.  Grin

Thank you for your candid statements on our development roadmap. Our timelines are hard to hold because @radix42 is the only "full-time" dev and I have the dreaded day job and a two month old girl. We work as fast as real life will allow us  Grin.

Also the whole goal of HUSH and our team is to decentralize. We would love to be listed on Bittrex and have been actively working towards this goal (been hard with the BCC fork lately). We are also working on the ability for our users to buy/sell of SuperNET (decentralized exchange, will have built-in support in next HUSH wallet). I am not sure on the progress but we are also trying to be added on: HitBTC, Liqui, YoBit. These will all provide more liquidity.
Vyazhan

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:41:38 PM

The issue here is not the core dev team (with regards to hashrate). The issue is that miners are not choosing to equally spread out hashing power. They consolidate on big pools because they think they will gain more profit. Maybe the mining community should help inform these miners. I have no ill-will with ocminer, he has a great pool. I am also not a miner so I have very little actual input on the subject.

Understood and I agree, yet here you say explicitly:

I think as a core dev, you should encourage others to spread the mining hashpower and not agree with ocminer (who would only ever give a biased answer due to him making quite a bit of profit by having more than 50% of the hashpower) and distance youself from the issue. It's your baby too and you ought to make sure it won't get hurt Smiley

I remember even Ghash.io at one stage promised to disable registrations if the hashing power would go over 51% in their favor, so why not have a similar agreement here? Many miners in the Slack agree with this stance (unfortunately those are not the ones mining) so why not come to a mutual agreement somehow....or is greed really gonna dominate every aspect of the crypto-world?

Seeing the aggressive downplay/misinformation spread in this thread about 51% attacks would make me somewhat uneasy in the long-term, especially when they come from the person who is holding over 50% of the entire hashing power on his pool for weeks on end, but we all gotta decide for ourselves...

Grrizz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:38:40 PM

Strange, whattomine.com is almost spot on for me, its within a couple of percent of what I'm getting which is well inside of normal variance.
Temporel

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:55:53 PM

Strange, whattomine.com is almost spot on for me, its within a couple of percent of what I'm getting which is well inside of normal variance.

at least 30% off on all my rigs.
fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 03:59:36 PM

Difficulty has gone up lately, so its normal for rewards to go down.
Anyway I will move some hashrate to hush to test the returns.

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
CryptoGeneral

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 08:10:27 PM

Someone put up a 10 BTC buy wall on cryptopia today. Now while I'm writing this it has still 5 BTCs left and didn't got pulled. There is a good chance that hush will shine.
CryptoMerc

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:11:36 PM

Just started on MiningSpeed, I agree #spreadthehash
striker7334 2.0

Activity: 560
Merit: 300

Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:37:52 AM

So question I see something in here about using superNet, with that in mind wouldn't it be easier to port the NXT AE instead of XCP? Because I know at one time the SuperNet was built on top of the NXT blockchain before the devs decided to go their own way on that project.

Cownar

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:13:05 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2017, 07:34:54 AM by Cownar

I mined for a week on miningspeed a month ago and got about 25% less coins than WhatToMine predicted. I then Switched my rigs to Suprnova and got the right amount there.
I'm all for spreading the hashrate but I'm not for less reward.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: