Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:38:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HUSH Secure Private Messaging and Transactions [Equihash]  (Read 129419 times)
Vyazhan

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:52:00 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2017, 09:21:47 AM by Vyazhan

I mined for a week on miningspeed a month ago and got about 25% less coins than WhatToMine predicted. I then Switched my rigs to Suprnova and got the right amount there.
I'm all for spreading the hashrate but I'm not for less reward.

And by doing so, you contribute to the problem even more, making it more difficult for the smaller pools to get an equal share and centralizing power even more until it won't be possible to reliably mine anywhere else due to the large luck-swings...

The reason why you get less is because of the variance. On a smaller pool you need to mine for longer to average out the same amount of blocks as you do on bigger pools.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pro_x

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:27:57 AM

I mined for a week on miningspeed a month ago and got about 25% less coins than WhatToMine predicted. I then Switched my rigs to Suprnova and got the right amount there.

I am guessing that diff went up constantly in a time when you were on a first pool. I know it was a reason in my case, I was mining from below 1Mhs and I saw how the reward was dropping. We are at about constant nethash for some time now.
iamnewhere

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:13:15 PM

And by doing so, you contribute to the problem even more, making it more difficult for the smaller pools to get an equal share and centralizing power even more until it won't be possible to reliably mine anywhere else due to the large luck-swings...

The reason why you get less is because of the variance. On a smaller pool you need to mine for longer to average out the same amount of blocks as you do on bigger pools.

Would you pay somebody for the lower reward on a pool? I don't think so, so why should somebody say "oh there are already 50% lucky miners on a profitable pool, i will go on a bad pool where i get much lower reward just to avoid theoretical 51% issues"?

I mine where i get the most out of my hashing power as nobody would give a shit if i mine for less just to avoid some theoretical issue. Why not telling the miners on suprnova they should leave to make spots free for others? Wink
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:24:08 PM

I started mining on Suprnova almost 2 months ago and so far mined hundreds of Hush.
The website is nice and functional and it just works. The competition is simply not good enough to make me switch.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
ConvertThisFile

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:17:25 PM

Nothing realy new about HUSH...

Price is where it was... still waiting for some new things

How is with mining? I mining it but very slow...

Difficulty must've cranked up massively in the last week. We are down from 35 hush per day to 16....

I gave it another try today and the amount I got was very disappointing. whattomine.com ia way off with this coin. Going back to ... anything else.

Strange, whattomine.com is almost spot on for me, its within a couple of percent of what I'm getting which is well inside of normal variance.

Ya whattomine is correct, the payouts have just gone way down on that site and on my actual mining as well. Interesting for everything to crank up and price remain the same
Vyazhan

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:59:05 PM

Would you pay somebody for the lower reward on a pool? I don't think so, so why should somebody say "oh there are already 50% lucky miners on a profitable pool, i will go on a bad pool where i get much lower reward just to avoid theoretical 51% issues"?

I mine where i get the most out of my hashing power as nobody would give a shit if i mine for less just to avoid some theoretical issue. Why not telling the miners on suprnova they should leave to make spots free for others? Wink

Believe it or not, there are actually people in this scene that do things out of righteousness and not because of sheer greed...

Also, as mentioned before, you only do get less because the variance. I am pretty sure if you would mine on the same pool for 1 month, your payouts would be very similar, if not identical, but there is no need to try to convince you, since you have already made up your mind.

I started mining on Suprnova almost 2 months ago and so far mined hundreds of Hush.
The website is nice and functional and it just works. The competition is simply not good enough to make me switch.

All the pool websites that I see on the Hush list are functional and just work, and at times are even more competitively priced than suprnova. As soon as the hashrate goes somewhere else, guess where you will go? Exactly Smiley
fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 06:32:19 PM

Difficulty has gone up lately, so its normal for rewards to go down.
Anyway I will move some hashrate to hush to test the returns.

Tested for over 24h
I got even more coins than projected from calculator.
Mined with 1650h/s, got 5.02809506 coins

Guess this happened because of difficulty drop.

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
Fakoleon

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:59:54 PM

What happened with miningspeed? I got error and now website is 404? is that temporary or they closed?
What miningpool do you advice then?
uzgen

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:24:50 PM

What happened with miningspeed? I got error and now website is 404? is that temporary or they closed?
They are under DDOS atm
madbuda

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:56:05 PM

Miningspeed is back online, they got hit pretty hard with a DDoS. Sen worked hard to make sure he put in solid protections before bringing the site back online
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:06:46 AM

Believe it or not, there are actually people in this scene that do things out of righteousness and not because of sheer greed...

Also, as mentioned before, you only do get less because the variance. I am pretty sure if you would mine on the same pool for 1 month, your payouts would be very similar, if not identical, but there is no need to try to convince you, since you have already made up your mind.

All the pool websites that I see on the Hush list are functional and just work, and at times are even more competitively priced than suprnova. As soon as the hashrate goes somewhere else, guess where you will go? Exactly Smiley

Oh, you seem to know me? How about the next x100 coin prediction since you supposedly have a crystal ball?

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
UsuallyHappens

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

In the heat of the moment...

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:57:27 AM

Are equihash algorithm coins still the thing since it was once recently the latest widely accepted algorithm for profit ?

ZCASH, ZCL, HUSH, all nothing spectacular for profit for the average joe miner or even somebody with a few crate rigs Undecided
Cownar

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:49:38 AM

Right now Equihash seems to be the most profitable, but it is surely because most people got into it with the Ethereum boom and bought Radeons.
At the end of the day, in a perfect supply and demand system, mining shouldn't be profitable, so let's enjoy it while it lasts.
iamnewhere

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:52:38 AM

Are equihash algorithm coins still the thing since it was once recently the latest widely accepted algorithm for profit ?

ZCASH, ZCL, HUSH, all nothing spectacular for profit for the average joe miner or even somebody with a few crate rigs Undecided

the problem is, that the "average joe miner" just mine, sell for whatever price just after he got his coins and repeats that all the time - for low volume coins like HUSH this is not good as the price has nearly no chance to get up.
just yesterday price went finally back up nearly to 4500 and what happend? again somebody just throw away his coins - and many small sell orders with 1-2 coins only, maybe somebody even try to keep the price low that big miners don't jump on the coin and he can mine more coins Wink
CryptoDaoist

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:34:56 PM

the problem is, that the "average joe miner" just mine, sell for whatever price just after he got his coins and repeats that all the time - for low volume coins like HUSH this is not good as the price has nearly no chance to get up.
just yesterday price went finally back up nearly to 4500 and what happend? again somebody just throw away his coins - and many small sell orders with 1-2 coins only, maybe somebody even try to keep the price low that big miners don't jump on the coin and he can mine more coins Wink

Permanent price increase should only be caused by the increase of the coin value anyway. Any increase that's caused by pump, will ended up in dump.

I'm keeping my coin, though. The dev is in right track..

Thank you for your candid statements on our development roadmap. Our timelines are hard to hold because @radix42 is the only "full-time" dev and I have the dreaded day job and a two month old girl. We work as fast as real life will allow us  Grin.

Also the whole goal of HUSH and our team is to decentralize. We would love to be listed on Bittrex and have been actively working towards this goal (been hard with the BCC fork lately). We are also working on the ability for our users to buy/sell of SuperNET (decentralized exchange, will have built-in support in next HUSH wallet). I am not sure on the progress but we are also trying to be added on: HitBTC, Liqui, YoBit. These will all provide more liquidity.

iamnewhere

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:42:29 PM

Permanent price increase should only be caused by the increase of the coin value anyway. Any increase that's caused by pump, will ended up in dump.

But why somebody should ask for 3600 if the other prices are far above? usually you put your sell price just a bit below other sell orders and not far beyond if you like to sell fast and it's permanently 1-2 HUSH sell offers in that range 3600, 3700, 3800, 3900, as soon somebody buys them they are in the same areas just back again Wink
and all with straight btc value of 0.00100000 Smiley - just test it, not expensive and brings cheap HUSH anyway Grin
CryptoDaoist

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:25:56 PM

But why somebody should ask for 3600 if the other prices are far above? usually you put your sell price just a bit below other sell orders and not far beyond if you like to sell fast and it's permanently 1-2 HUSH sell offers in that range 3600, 3700, 3800, 3900, as soon somebody buys them they are in the same areas just back again Wink
and all with straight btc value of 0.00100000 Smiley - just test it, not expensive and brings cheap HUSH anyway Grin

Because most likely that sell orders is put by the same people that put large buy order. It's there to put pressure to people to sell cheap.
Vyazhan

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:28:23 PM

Oh, you seem to know me? How about the next x100 coin prediction since you supposedly have a crystal ball?

I was merely stating that if a different pool gets over 50% hashpower, that you most likely would join that pool instead, am I wrong in my assumption? If so, then please forgive me in misjudging your character and all the power to you for supporting your nr.1 pool regardless of their hashpower!
madbuda

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:34:03 PM

Not sure if everyone is aware, but I run a small community pool. There are no fees, tx fees are very small due to the method used to make payments. Average tx fee for a miner is ~0.000002 hush and this is only with around 40 people mining.

https://madmining.club/

We have dedicated stratums with VarDiff setup for the following miners:

• CPU miners and slow GPU (less than 100Sol)
  • GPU Miners (100sol/s - 50ksol/s)
  • TLS Encrypted stratum for GPU miners
  • Mining Farms of Rentals (High Diff, 50Ksol +)
  • Locations in US, EU, and Asia

US miners (stratum in NY and SF): us.madmining.club
EU miners (stratum in London and Frankfurt): eu.madmining.club
Russia, China, Japan, Australia (stratum in Singapore and Tokyo): asia.madmining.club

We have 2 stratum servers per region and use geoip to place you on the one closest to you.
TheTrunK

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:27:20 PM

Not sure if everyone is aware, but I run a small community pool. There are no fees, tx fees are very small due to the method used to make payments. Average tx fee for a miner is ~0.000002 hush and this is only with around 40 people mining.

https://madmining.club/

We have dedicated stratums with VarDiff setup for the following miners:

• CPU miners and slow GPU (less than 100Sol)
  • GPU Miners (100sol/s - 50ksol/s)
  • TLS Encrypted stratum for GPU miners
  • Mining Farms of Rentals (High Diff, 50Ksol +)
  • Locations in US, EU, and Asia

US miners (stratum in NY and SF): us.madmining.club
EU miners (stratum in London and Frankfurt): eu.madmining.club
Russia, China, Japan, Australia (stratum in Singapore and Tokyo): asia.madmining.club

We have 2 stratum servers per region and use geoip to place you on the one closest to you.

What if my miner is mining around 100Sol? Is it better to use CPU miners and slow GPU rather then the GPU miners option?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: