Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:28:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 [406] 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 ... 526 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Signatum - New Algorithm - Fair Launch - No Premine  (Read 823659 times)
Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:01:33 AM

new windows qt wallet released.  upgraded leveldb to address cryptopia issues.

check GitHub releases

Uhmm. The windows qt wallet would have nothing to do with any Cryptopia issues.

signatumd was updated as well, most here are only affected by the windows wallet

Good. Whether or not the leveldb version was the cause of the Cryptopia problems, they had to do something to respond to Cryptopia's statement. The "problem" is now fixed. Bring on more exchanges. Smiley

They responded plenty - most of it conflicting. Here are the death threats and other threats from the DEVS
<snip>

Too bad we don't have the conversations from the Cryptopia side. I imagine a lot of cursing and angry words could be heard there.  It looks like Doc was more concerned about coins being returned to their owners than anything else. It wasn't about him.

Doc seems to care alot about the community. He knows that he needs us as much as we need him.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:09:44 AM

cryptodevil, thank you for your reply!

I found a good arcticle for masternodes and thats why I deleted my post: https://www.investitin.com/masternode/

Fuck, so you're saying all these pages are from posts made by actual victims of this shitcoin scam? It's worse than I thought then.

Seriously, you're all being conned. There is NOTHING to separate this coin from any other and that whitepaper is a joke, filled with a great big nothing-burger of an irrelevance concerning the PoW algo.

I thought the ICO scene was bad, but this sort of shitcoin project is clearly rampant for targeting noobs through FOMO and technical ignorance.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
darkquad2

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:18:16 AM

I found a good arcticle for masternodes and thats why I deleted my post: https://www.investitin.com/masternode/

Fuck, so you're saying all these pages are from posts made by actual victims of this shitcoin scam? It's worse than I thought then.

Seriously, you're all being conned. There is NOTHING to separate this coin from any other and that whitepaper is a joke, filled with a great big nothing-burger of an irrelevance concerning the PoW algo.

I thought the ICO scene was bad, but this sort of shitcoin project is clearly rampant for targeting noobs through FOMO and technical ignorance.

I'm still not sure if they're real people (but very technically ignorant), or bots.
Cause every-time you see someone praise The Great Doc or Future Tech Signatum in this thread - their account always has around 50 posts (+/-10).
If the coin is 2 months old - that means 1 praising post per day per bot Smiley (or a hired or brainwashed copy-paster, which doesn't differ much from a bot anyway)
coreshift

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:18:56 AM

I thought the ICO scene was bad, but this sort of shitcoin project is clearly rampant for targeting noobs through FOMO.

Yet it's been one of the most profitable to mine. If people believe it has value then it has value. People may just want to have it for the hell of it. Look at Monacoin, for example. It's still exchanging and all it has going for it is a cat meme.

https://www.coindesk.com/why-japan-fell-love-monacoin-cat-meme-cryptocurrency/
MarcusDe

Activity: 796
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 08:25:19 AM

I thought the ICO scene was bad, but this sort of shitcoin project is clearly rampant for targeting noobs through FOMO.

Yet it's been one of the most profitable to mine. If people believe it has value then it has value. People may just want to have it for the hell of it. Look at Monacoin, for example. It's still exchanging and all it has going for it is a cat meme.

https://www.coindesk.com/why-japan-fell-love-monacoin-cat-meme-cryptocurrency/

I have idea for this coin commercial:
Signatum - coin of the noob!

There is one word which doesn't fit at all in this coin thread: professional

Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:27:28 AM

The value place on this coin will only be determined by the market
 If we can get this on high volume exchange and then spread it around all other smaller exchanges, the demand and supply may Indirectly push us towards very interesting development and who knows may be real World use.
machamizu

Activity: 308
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:32:18 AM

If you think its scam coin, then why didn't you say that much earlier? This thread was pretty much active for these 2 months, and Legendary guy should have found it much faster.
Saying those kind of stuff just right before the PoS phase starts, it looks like you just want to buy coin cheaper Undecided
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:33:22 AM

I'm still not sure if they're real people (but very technically ignorant), or bots.
Cause every-time you see someone praise The Great Doc or Future Tech Signatum in this thread - their account always has around 50 posts (+/-10).
If the coin is 2 months old - that means 1 praising post per day per bot Smiley (or a hired or brainwashed copy-paster, which doesn't differ much from a bot anyway)

That's what I was thinking. I've been going through some of the older pages of this thread trying to find a common theme among them which normally indicates a shit-posting bot (or person) responsible for keeping the thread growing and on the first page of the Altcoin ANN forum.

So far I've seen one very common aspect which is that, while I've yet to find the usual single account shit-poster example, there are a lot of different accounts which routinely post in this and a few other shitcoin threads, as well as GPU mining threads.

But, then, it could just be gullible rig-owners who think they're on to the next big thing with these coins.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
MetaSk

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:35:33 AM

All of this negative activity which started 2 weeks before POS is targeted attempts to lower the price and all I can do is hate/and be thankful for those trolls at the same time.
I follow/mine/buy Signatum from the day 1 and believe in this coin very much.

Keep on tolling please, but you will be supporting when the POS hits Wink
RSO_

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:39:42 AM

That's what I was thinking. I've been going through some of the older pages of this thread trying to find a common theme among them which normally indicates a shit-posting bot (or person) responsible for keeping the thread growing and on the first page of the Altcoin ANN forum.

So far I've seen one very common aspect which is that, while I've yet to find the usual single account shit-poster example, there are a lot of different account which routinely post in this and a few other shitcoin threads, as well as GPU mining threads.

But, then, it could just be gullible rig-owners who think they're on to the next big thing with these coins.

If you don't like the coin then why bother entering the relating thread just to slate it? It doesn't make sense unless you have another motive  Roll Eyes
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:39:47 AM

If you think its scam coin, then why didn't you say that much earlier? This thread was pretty much active for these 2 months, and Legendary guy should have found it much faster.
Saying those kind of stuff just right before the PoS phase starts, it looks like you just want to buy coin cheaper Undecided

Oh should I? Because the amount of work I've been putting in exposing other scams these past months means my absence from this particular shitcoin thread is an indication I want to buycheapcoinznomnomnom™? LOL, because that's so totally not exactly the sort of crap accusation that's always posted when these shitcoins are outed as scams.

I only came to this thread because somebody alerted me to it and it did not take long to recognise it as being exactly the same as all the other shitcoin threads I busted back in 2014/15. Check my post history from then.

In fact the only thing missing from this thread is all the 'MOOOOOON' Gifs and dumb-ass 'Weak Hands will lose out' trading memes that used to be popular in them. Often in an attempt to bury the posts which were exposing the fact it was a scam.

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:45:17 AM

If you don't like the coin then why bother entering the relating thread just to slate it? It doesn't make sense unless you have another motive  Roll Eyes

Hmmm, deluded fanboi or scammer account?

Why would I be posting about the obvious signs that this is yet-another-shitcoin scam? Perhaps because it is and perhaps because I am trying to save some people from losing any more of their bitcoin to these scumbags.

EVERYTHING about this coin, from the ridiculous and utterly useless 'ASIC resistant' algo,  the vapid whitepaper-that-isn't-actually-a-whitepaper to the insanely artificially high trading volume on YoBit, scream that it is just-another-shitcoin-scam.

Doncarlos74

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:57:45 AM

Concentration and intensity of full time job fuders rising nicely as we are reaching pos.
Its clear sign that coin is and will be successful.
They just want buy as much cheap coins as possible.
Dont be silly guys, dont feed them...
warhawk22

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:58:39 AM

Why would I be posting about the obvious signs that this is yet-another-shitcoin scam? Perhaps because it is and perhaps because I am trying to save some people from losing any more of their bitcoin to these scumbags.

EVERYTHING about this coin, from the ridiculous and utterly useless 'ASIC resistant' algo,  the vapid whitepaper-that-isn't-actually-a-whitepaper to the insanely artificially high trading volume on YoBit, scream that it is just-another-shitcoin-scam.

OK, you wrote here what you wanted to say, you shared your opinion, so you can go now and leave this thread. Don't come back here.
Kaybe

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 08:59:10 AM

Just created an account to reply to this guy, he's obviously a FUD artist using his 'Internet reputation' to try create an impact on SIGT, he's got no clue what he's talking about and I'm wondering if he's actually sane. Any mods can you get this guy banned? Surely obvious targeted FUD attacks aren't allowed. Get a life bud
dieselfrank

Activity: 161

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:59:42 AM

True there is not anything spectacular about Signatum other than the great mining opportunity it provided. However, it would be nice if it survives and thrives. There have been many true shitcoins that somehow survived with little purpose beyond perception. Look at bitcoin, yes bitcoin started it all, but at its core its the biggest shitcoin in existence. Yet it has reached magnificent levels of value. Why? How? Takes fucking HOURS or possibly DAYS just to complete a transaction because they are idiots and let the mining become centralized giving too few miners far too much power. Transaction cost is fucking ridiculous with bitcoin. Yes, bitcoin serves as a means to store value, but its fucking crap for moving. I have been using bitcoin for a couple years now, and I loathe it every time I have to deal with it due to the fact that every goddam crypto is tied to it and few altcoins offer fiat tradelines.

So if you're going to attack a new alt-coin because you don't think it has any purpose or can provide any value in the future, then how do you explain the shitcoin called bitcoin. Has great value, but in the last year or so had become a crippled piece of shit that people somehow still think has enough value that they keep buying the shit. How do you know that Signatum, another possible shitcoin can't or won't do what others have done? And who knows what the devs may come up with down the line that may change its value or use case? Only 100 days of mining, so not a massive loss of power to miners, so if it does turn to shit then we move on to other projects. If it does turn into something more, then great, we will pocket some cash. The chances are better than winning the lottery. I think people who play the lottery are retarded, but isn't that at the core of what we all do with crypto? We spend money on something hoping it has a payoff. Maybe it will maybe it won't. But if I buy a lotto ticket for $20 or $100 and lose, that sucks, but if I spend $20 or $100 on mining, I'm likely to get at least something, and if not then I'm not worse off than playing the lottery.

Very few coins out of the hundreds that have come and gone or stuck around have any true value or use case. Ethereum, Ubiq, Ripple, Zcash to name a few, the rest are all shitcoins in reality, but even a shitcoin can become great, just look at your hero bitcoin. So royally fucked it needs multiple forks and airdrops, with more fun to come,  yet still somehow has become a rediculously valuable coin.

And I'm not really sure why the fuck people are constantly blabbing about "bots" posting. I'm not a computer genius, I fix diesel engines, but everytime I hear this stupid shit I cant help but think of the millions of idiots on social networking that love to pull the "George Soros must be paying you, or your working for the Kock brothers". Same logic and it sounds stupid every fucking time.
Shaggy888

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:04:36 AM

True there is not anything spectacular about Signatum other than the great mining opportunity it provided. However, it would be nice if it survives and thrives. There have been many true shitcoins that somehow survived with little purpose beyond perception. Look at bitcoin, yes bitcoin started it all, but at its core its the biggest shitcoin in existence. Yet it has reached magnificent levels of value. Why? How? Takes fucking HOURS or possibly DAYS just to complete a transaction because they are idiots and let the mining become centralized giving too few miners far too much power. Transaction cost is fucking ridiculous with bitcoin. Yes, bitcoin serves as a means to store value, but its fucking crap for moving. I have been using bitcoin for a couple years now, and I loathe it every time I have to deal with it due to the fact that every goddam crypto is tied to it and few altcoins offer fiat tradelines.

So if you're going to attack a new alt-coin because you don't think it has any purpose or can provide any value in the future, then how do you explain the shitcoin called bitcoin. Has great value, but in the last year or so had become a crippled piece of shit that people somehow still think has enough value that they keep buying the shit. How do you know that Signatum, another possible shitcoin can't or won't do what others have done? And who knows what the devs may come up with down the line that may change its value or use case? Only 100 days of mining, so not a massive loss of power to miners, so if it does turn to shit then we move on to other projects. If it does turn into something more, then great, we will pocket some cash. The chances are better than winning the lottery. I think people who play the lottery are retarded, but isn't that at the core of what we all do with crypto? We spend money on something hoping it has a payoff. Maybe it will maybe it won't. But if I buy a lotto ticket for $20 or $100 and lose, that sucks, but if I spend $20 or $100 on mining, I'm likely to get at least something, and if not then I'm not worse off than playing the lottery.

Very few coins out of the hundreds that have come and gone or stuck around have any true value or use case. Ethereum, Ubiq, Ripple, Zcash to name a few, the rest are all shitcoins in reality, but even a shitcoin can become great, just look at your hero bitcoin. So royally fucked it needs multiple forks and airdrops, with more fun to come,  yet still somehow has become a rediculously valuable coin.

And I'm not really sure why the fuck people are constantly blabbing about "bots" posting. I'm not a computer genius, I fix diesel engines, but everytime I hear this stupid shit I cant help but think of the millions of idiots on social networking that love to pull the "George Soros must be paying you, or your working for the Kock brothers". Same logic and it sounds stupid every fucking time.

Very well said! At the end of the day it is our decision to take a risk, maybe it pays off, maybe it doesn't. Ultimately we will live and have a little fun at the same time.
machamizu

Activity: 308
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:04:58 AM

Oh should I? Because the amount of work I've been putting in exposing other scams these past months means my absence from this particular shitcoin thread is an indication I want to buycheapcoinznomnomnom™? LOL, because that's so totally not exactly the sort of crap accusation that's always posted when these shitcoins are outed as scams.

I only came to this thread because somebody alerted me to it and it did not take long to recognise it as being exactly the same as all the other shitcoin threads I busted back in 2014/15. Check my post history from then.

In fact the only thing missing from this thread is all the 'MOOOOOON' Gifs and dumb-ass 'Weak Hands will lose out' trading memes that used to be popular in them. Often in an attempt to bury the posts which were exposing the fact it was a scam.

ok, I roughly understand your claim, but what is the point of doing this kind of searching, and criticizing it as a scam coin? To save people from losing their money, wasting your valuable time for nothing?
You know, it's kind of too late, I/we spent plenty of time mining, holding this coin, and it's only a week away from PoS. I think most of the people holding this coin doesn't matter of the risk of the value drops to zero.
As someone said before, community decides the value of this coin, and I think it has more possibility of the price goes higher.
I'm sorry, if you are really honest guy, and cares about us, but you know, I can't drop off here.
dieselfrank

Activity: 161

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:05:06 AM

Actually I have seen lots of those references, just not many meme's....I'm all for this coin succeeding, but I'm a realist and sometimes people have rediculous expectations. I tend to let them wallow in their own foolishness. I admist sometimes I get excited about crypto. I just dont post useless banter about my excitement......then again, my wife says I'm an asshole becuase I go to my kids sports games and dont get loud, cheer, or yell like a fool, so go figure.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:06:09 AM

Concentration and intensity of full time job fuders rising nicely as we are reaching pos.
Its clear sign that coin is and will be successful.
They just want buy as much cheap coins as possible.
Dont be silly guys, dont feed them...

Says the noob account who has only posted in this and GPU mining threads. Pretty much proving my earlier point about scammer accounts.

Hahahaha! Yeah, it's exactly the same routine as usual then. Attack the messenger because you can't rebut the message.

Pages: « 1 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 [406] 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 ... 526 »
  Print  

Jump to: