Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:45:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 526 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Signatum - New Algorithm - Fair Launch - No Premine  (Read 823659 times)
Shankar94

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

DeepOnion ♡

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:02:18 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2017, 02:16:52 AM by Shankar94

I'm new to cryptos so forgive me if I'm a bit stupid on the subject.....
Can someone explain what makes sigt stand out above all other coins. Don't get me wrong, I have been mining it and have a small amount banked up....but I just don't really see what sets this coin apart from the rest.
-I mean, the most I hear about is the new algo...means nothing in 10 days.
-The next thing I hear about is the marketplace where you can buy items using sigt....decent idea, but not really anything to write home about (at least not in its current stage). I mean we are talking about a handful of items being sold. I don't see that being something that holds this coin up after POS.
-Thirdly I hear about the community... Which honestly doesn't seem super strong IMO. Granted this is the opinion of a noob so I'll let this one slide. But I read/see a lot of middle school yard bs talk and it appears the community is predominately "noob" users.
-Lastly I hear about how much activity this coin is seeing. Like 400 pages in 2 months. Well, if you were to sift through all the bullshit posts (much like this one),and all the middle school yard bs I mention previously.....there may be 1/3 of those 400 pages with actual quality posts.

So again...I ask, what is the support beam that's going to hold sigt up after POW stops, because as far as I can tell....the "community" seems to be a predominantly miners who will soon be gone, and noobs hoping for a get rich scheme. I'm not a FUDer as I keep seeing people say on here. I'm not bashing, as I've already said I'm mining still currently and haven't sold 1 single sigt.....I'm just curious what the more experienced users have to say.

well we got a pretty awesome community .. Active Dev and mods.

Ya after 10 days its POS . We have plans of  MasterNodes or DPOS  in very near future .

Marketplace is awesome in my point of view .. maybe its not popular outside our community , and POS wont affect that ( idk how u made that calculation)

Hit the discord mate , Everyone is a  noob on starting point .

the "community" seems to be a predominantly miners --- Nope , U are wrong .. I stopped mining after 15 days .. Most of them have small rigs and few have 1 single GPUs .. With this DIFF u can imagine !

Even One of our Developer has single RX ! and he holds really less amount of coins .. He donated most of his mined coins to community .

And i am not a experienced user .. Its in my point of view . Smiley Smiley Smiley

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bigbones87

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:36:29 AM

Can someone explain what makes sigt stand out above all other coins. Don't get me wrong, I have been mining it and have a small amount banked up....but I just don't really see what sets this coin apart from the rest.
-The next thing I hear about is the marketplace where you can buy items using sigt....decent idea, but not really anything to write home about (at least not in its current stage). I mean we are talking about a handful of items being sold. I don't see that being something that holds this coin up after POS.
-Thirdly I hear about the community... Which honestly doesn't seem super strong IMO. Granted this is the opinion of a noob so I'll let this one slide. But I read/see a lot of middle school yard bs talk and it appears the community is predominately "noob" users.
-Lastly I hear about how much activity this coin is seeing. Like 400 pages in 2 months. Well, if you were to sift through all the bullshit posts (much like this one),and all the middle school yard bs I mention previously.....there may be 1/3 of those 400 pages with actual quality posts.

So again...I ask, what is the support beam that's going to hold sigt up after POW stops, because as far as I can tell....the "community" seems to be a predominantly miners who will soon be gone, and noobs hoping for a get rich scheme. I'm not a FUDer as I keep seeing people say on here. I'm not bashing, as I've already said I'm mining still currently and haven't sold 1 single sigt.....I'm just curious what the more experienced users have to say.

Ya after 10 days its POS . We have plans of  MasterNodes or DPOS  in very near future .

Marketplace is awesome in my point of view .. maybe its not popular outside our community , and POS wont affect that ( idk how u made that calculation)

the "community" seems to be a predominantly miners --- Nope , U are wrong .. I stopped mining after 15 days .. Most of them have small rigs and few have 1 single GPUs .. With this DIFF u can imagine !

Even One of our Developer has single RX ! and he holds really less amount of coins .. He donated most of his mined coins to community .

And i am not a experienced user .. Its in my point of view . Smiley Smiley Smiley
Thanks for the reply  Smiley. I think you misunderstood me a bit. I wasn't implying that POS would affect the marketplace at all. I simply mean that this coin has to have some "big" feature to hold the coin up once POS happens, and I don't beleive the marketplace will be enough to do so. You know....like what sets his coin apart from the other coins that makes people say "I need to buy some sigt"
Also, I said predominant miners and noobs trying to catch a get rich train. Now I'm not saying I'm right, I just meant that's what it appears by reading the last 400 and some odd pages here. I will agree with you that the devs and mods are pretty active and they have been hitting the road map pretty darn efficiently. That's definitely helped in keeping this coin afloat IMO. Thanks again for your great reply and for not chewing my head off.  Wink
Shankar94

Activity: 140

DeepOnion ♡

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:46:18 AM

Thanks for the reply  Smiley. I think you misunderstood me a bit. I wasn't implying that POS would affect the marketplace at all. I simply mean that this coin has to have some "big" feature to hold the coin up once POS happens, and I don't beleive the marketplace will be enough to do so. You know....like what sets his coin apart from the other coins that makes people say "I need to buy some sigt"
Also, I said predominant miners and noobs trying to catch a get rich train. Now I'm not saying I'm right, I just meant that's what it appears by reading the last 400 and some odd pages here. I will agree with you that the devs and mods are pretty active and they have been hitting the road map pretty darn efficiently. That's definitely helped in keeping this coin afloat IMO. Thanks again for your great reply and for not chewing my head off.  Wink

NP mate .. Welcome to the community Smiley

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
u90954321xian

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:34:07 AM

This is great timing to take risk on this project I hope this will go to the moon.
crypto.lawyer.187

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:42:01 AM

Is anyone still mining?

I have a lot and I'm not getting anywhere near whattomine reports

anyone?
Thetaj

Activity: 402
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:40:09 AM

I'm still mining Sig, Whattomine reports a lil bit more than what I get. I am probably one of the "bigger" miners to mine this coin and I only got 60 1080ti
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:48:31 AM

new windows qt wallet released.  upgraded leveldb to address cryptopia issues.

check GitHub releases

Uhmm. The windows qt wallet would have nothing to do with any Cryptopia issues.

signatumd was updated as well, most here are only affected by the windows wallet

Good. Whether or not the leveldb version was the cause of the Cryptopia problems, they had to do something to respond to Cryptopia's statement. The "problem" is now fixed. Bring on more exchanges. Smiley

They responded plenty - most of it conflicting. Here are the death threats and other threats from the DEVS

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:52:58 AM

Well, look at this - two small pumps.
I think on 90-110k we will see another pump, big.

Yobit volume -  31.17 BTC. Good, very good.

I WITHDREW FROM CRYPT

ALL IS NOT LOST

50,000SIGT

HOLDING FOR LAMBOS

It was never going to be lost. Cryptopia communicated with one of the DEV team. The other two spread FUD
Look at the time stamps on the individual conversations. (compilation)

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
divedaucd

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:55:22 AM

check GitHub releases

signatumd was updated as well, most here are only affected by the windows wallet

Good. Whether or not the leveldb version was the cause of the Cryptopia problems, they had to do something to respond to Cryptopia's statement. The "problem" is now fixed. Bring on more exchanges. Smiley

They responded plenty - most of it conflicting. Here are the death threats and other threats from the DEVS

Dogtor love to suck as his habit, I wonder if he travel to my country, i'll give my c**k for his sucking.  Grin

I love Sigt, but i dislike the F**king Dogtor. )))
sdcloud

Activity: 126

TjLn6fRQ3KrC9ceikidm8wAXaB6AHqA1YV

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:20:28 AM

Is there news about the wallet on Novaexchange?

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:23:09 AM

It's only one day past after Cryptopia problem and SIGT price again above 1000 sats. Let's go SIGT!

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
Surging Chaos

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:18:47 AM

From what I've been reading there are talks about adding masternodes and maybe even a DPOS similar to what Ark has. A bunch of other coins have their own variation on how to do PoS. Dash has the first mover advantage with masternodes. PIVX has an algorithm that balances between staking/masternode rewards. Decred balances PoW/PoS within a governance system. Ark has DPoS. Neo has Gas accumulation.

I agree with you if SIGT does just vanilla PoS it is probably not going to take off. It needs something to set itself apart from other coins. Even masternodes aren't a guarantee for success. Just ask Chaincoin.
Topkras

Activity: 142

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 07:16:14 AM

check GitHub releases

This conversation looks very strange for me. I have some doubts about devs now
Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:17:30 AM

The Doc is hot headed, thats for sure. A passionate man, who cares about his coin. That leads to some unfortunate formulations, but is also a good drive for the development.
In the Discord meeting i got a good impression of him, i just dont like that the developers dont hold a decent amount of coin.

And for all the moon talk bs. Well sigt is not going to the moon. I got some coins which will, but sigt is going to the Pluto!  Cheesy Tongue
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:31:36 AM

Oh wow! I have not seen one of these for a long time.

In cryptocurrency terms this is a real blast-from-the-past given the preference for bullshit ICOs these day!

What we have here is what is known as a shitcoin and I cannot believe people still fall for this nonsense.

Ladies, gentlemen and others, please be upstanding for the single most laughably obvious absurdity of this entire project:
https://signatum.io/
Signatum features the new SkunkHash Raptor algorithm that enables strong ASIC-resistance during the proof of work phase

The ENTIRE premise of this ridiculous shitshow is the hype surrounding how this 'revolutionary' algorithm offers strong ASIC resistance. But the PoW period is only 100 days! Who the fuck would care about building an ASIC to mine this? The 'devs' could just as easily have picked any of the legitimate algorithms for which ASICS do not exist.

100 days of PoW!

The whitepaper consists of paragraph after paragraph of talk about this coin's PoW algo and NOTHING else of any difference to EVERY other fucking clone-a-coin cryptocurrency out there. It isn't even a technical whitepaper, it is just rambling hand-wavy bollocks!

That you are even arguing over who said or did what from this con-artist 'dev team' would be hilarious if it weren't for the truth that most of you will have lost a substantial amount of your own funds in this fraud.

Jesus Fucking Christ, I am genuinely shocked that this old-school style of crypto scam is still being run and people are still falling for it.
SMH.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:49:42 AM

Hi guys! What is MASTERNODES?

It's another way to con you into buying the coin so you run a 'Masternode' wallet when the network is on PoS which usually does something like transaction mixing in return for rewards, but you need to have a minimum balance of coins to run one, hence it being the go-to for shitcoin scams to get people to buy their shitcoin from the, again, laughably obvious, fake volume pumped market on Yobit.

Come on you numpties, wake up! Don't keep throwing your bitcoin at this!

[EDIT]
Oh! Now that is interesting, a post being made which is deleted shortly afterwards. 'papi92' is bot-posting to keep this thread active with fake posts. LOOOOOOOOL!

Yeah, you're fucked.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
2econd

Activity: 243

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:53:37 AM

In cryptocurrency terms this is a real blast-from-the-past given the preference for bullshit ICOs these day!

What we have here is what is known as a shitcoin and I cannot believe people still fall for this nonsense.

Ladies, gentlemen and others, please be upstanding for the single most laughably obvious absurdity of this entire project:
Signatum features the new SkunkHash Raptor algorithm that enables strong ASIC-resistance during the proof of work phase

The ENTIRE premise of this ridiculous shitshow is the hype surrounding how this 'revolutionary' algorithm offers strong ASIC resistance. But the PoW period is only 100 days! Who the fuck would care about building an ASIC to mine this? The 'devs' could just as easily have picked any of the legitimate algorithms for which ASICS do not exist.

100 days of PoW!

The whitepaper consists of paragraph after paragraph of talk about this coin's PoW algo and NOTHING else of any difference to EVERY other fucking clone-a-coin cryptocurrency out there. It isn't even a technical whitepaper, it is just rambling hand-wavy bollocks!

That you are even arguing over who said or did what from this con-artist 'dev team' would be hilarious if it weren't for the truth that most of you will have lost a substantial amount of your own funds in this fraud.

Jesus Fucking Christ, I am genuinely shocked that this old-school style of crypto scam is still being run and people are still falling for it.
SMH.

There are many many coins popping up each day, and for me too the first snake in the grass is PoW that is reduced to a few measly days (quick shitcoin flip) or a premine that makes your head spin. Signatum too, I wont participate in it. No matter the future, it started shit, so whatever it becomes in its core it can never become great.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:55:17 AM

100 days of PoW!

SMH.

I like the 100 days, it gives a decent amount of time for people to mine it. It could go on "forever" with lower block values, but for the environment this is a good solution.

Now if this coin will be one of the most popular in one year, or just end up as a low volume pump and dump time will show. At current prices i would say it is a good risk/reward.
Alot depends on the development going forward, and the community interest.

I could do a shit ICO which had no purpose other than trading, but if it were embraced by a big community it would still hold alot of value.

Edit: The legendary badge gives you some respect but alot of people will disagree with your opinion. Lets just hope this can turn out to a civilized and interesting discussion Smiley

Edit 2: You got a good point about the ASIC resistance.
papi92

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:56:25 AM

cryptodevil, thank you for your reply!

I found a good arcticle for masternodes and thats why I deleted my post: https://www.investitin.com/masternode/

BTC: 16AqeaykkdPcRQVFJKpLyic2Di3eoY8Y1U
coreshift

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:59:25 AM

check GitHub releases

<snip>

Too bad we don't have the conversations from the Cryptopia side. I imagine a lot of cursing and angry words could be heard there.  It looks like Doc was more concerned about coins being returned to their owners than anything else. It wasn't about him.
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 526 »
  Print  

Jump to: