Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:29:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 526 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Signatum - New Algorithm - Fair Launch - No Premine  (Read 823659 times)
JMAlex

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:30:00 PM

I think im being ignored here ... dont i have neg. trust Huh for me its only:

Scammer account for the Signatum shitcoin, matching the usual post history of only Signatum thread!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bw2012

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:32:18 PM

So what? Cut-and-paste 'features' of most other shitcoin scams.

98% alt coins are scam in this case
why you so focused on signatum?
Stopscampls

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:32:38 PM

“Being paid to post FUD about coins. Has given 100s of forum members negative trust ratings based on no evidence they are scammers or anything other than real people. This guys has some mental health issues and needs to be medicated thoroughly. “

Oh. Lookie, yet another scammer shill account:
just got wind of some chatter from a friend of mine who gets on Chinese crypto sites. There are a few who large buyers who seem to be interested in Sig and are wanting price to stay low so they can buy up as much as they can. They are buying in smaller denominations as to not raise any eyebrows with big buys and have the prices shoot up.  

FFS, could you be any more obvious?

Sir i watch you latest post more than 10 pages and i must say you do a really bad work because you don't warn people in all other real scam or shitcoin threads....there are many victims they need your help!!! so go bro and help them now you are finsih here!
kjpd1971

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:40:24 PM

“Being paid to post FUD about coins. Has given 100s of forum members negative trust ratings based on no evidence they are scammers or anything other than real people. This guys has some mental health issues and needs to be medicated thoroughly. “

Oh. Lookie, yet another scammer shill account:
just got wind of some chatter from a friend of mine who gets on Chinese crypto sites. There are a few who large buyers who seem to be interested in Sig and are wanting price to stay low so they can buy up as much as they can. They are buying in smaller denominations as to not raise any eyebrows with big buys and have the prices shoot up.  

FFS, could you be any more obvious?

More obvious? It was actually true idiot. Guess you only get on here and never on any other types of forums. I don’t speak Chinese but my friend does and gave me a heads up. Said they were working on trying to purposely keep price low so they could buy cheap. They just did the same shit with Bitcore but reversed. Drove the price up, dumped a load then price dropped again. Guess your close minded and don’t think this stuff happens so if anyone posts about it they must be scammers. You idiot.
Epicyclic

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:43:04 PM

Your number 1 claim is that the only feature been hyped on this "shitcoin" is the asic proff capability wich in your eyes is a smoke screen for the hype... Well i have some questions... Isnt it true? Isnt this algo Asic resistant? Lets say all the other possible future coins that use this algo will benefit from that or no?

So what if other coins were to use that algo? That doesn't benefit this coin.

Do you understand what ASIC-resistant actually means? It is simply down to whether the component parts of a dedicated ASIC mining device for that algorithm would be sufficiently profitable to assemble and produce to mine a coin efficiently. If a full-time PoW coin has a very large market-cap and high value for a sustained period of time then market forces dictate than an ASIC miner will ultimately be produced for that algo.

In any event, it is irrelevant, my point is that the whitepaper, which is absent ANYTHING of substance, is almost entirely dedicated to talking up the ASIC resistance as its innovative tech when it is only going to have a 100-day PoW period. There is absolutely no reason for its brief PoW algo to be the mainstay of it supposed tech.

That is where you and every other FOMO-suffering noob are being conned.

As for:
Regarding this point 1 i think you are forgetting a couple important things... Marketplace and Webwallet both are live in beta version so people can use it and see it...

Most of the code for these things is simply bought for a few bucks and re-skinned.

Well in all fairness nobody is being conned, as you say "ASIC-resistant actually means? It is simply down to whether the component parts of a dedicated ASIC mining device for that algorithm would be sufficiently profitable to assemble and produce to mine a coin efficiently"

As POS is 100 days then the answer to this is no, subsequently defining by a marketing standard, that yes the coin is ASIC-resistance.
kjpd1971

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:55:38 PM

Yeah and I’m a scammer on a bot account. My programmer is so ingenious he’s made my AI be able to answer you specifically crypto.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:56:56 PM

Well in all fairness nobody is being conned, as you say "ASIC-resistant actually means? It is simply down to whether the component parts of a dedicated ASIC mining device for that algorithm would be sufficiently profitable to assemble and produce to mine a coin efficiently"

As POS is 100 days then the answer to this is no, subsequently defining by a marketing standard, that yes the coin is ASIC-resistance.

You are being conned if the 'dev team' are promoting the coin off the back of a bullshit feature which is utterly irrelevant to this coin and have manipulated both the market through ridiculously high volume for a coin with zero innovation or tech and also fooled the community into believing it is a legitimate coin of size and scope so they can offload their bags of shitcoin for bitcoin.

This isn't the first shitcoin scam and it unfortunately won't be the last.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
RSO_

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:59:12 PM

You have been warned.

Okay kid, you've said your piece. You've clearly demonstrated you have no argument. We 'have been warned' now - thanks for the PSA. Now get on your way. The price has been going up the whole time you've been spreading FUD so it's clearly not working.

Also, stop saying these new accounts are spreading FUD with fake interest in SIGT. Do you not know what FUD means? Your responses are so childish that nobody can possibly take you seriously. I tried to ask you if you had any actual real facts to support this being a scam - you clearly don't. BYE!
Epicyclic

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:59:24 PM

And the whole threatening people with negative ratings, just to prove the insubstantial evidence you have delivered, of the coin being a scam, is pure mindlessness. Who is this guy kim jong un? I hope it is clear to many of the community, that this is nothing more than bullying tactics to force a weak argument across the table.

You are aware that acting in such a manner, already means you have lost, as you could not bring forward a solid case without reprisal, in the form of threats.
SlowGrowth

Activity: 490
Merit: 264

| Privacy Advocate | Game Theory | Free Thinker |

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 12:59:47 PM

Your number 1 claim is that the only feature been hyped on this "shitcoin" is the asic proff capability wich in your eyes is a smoke screen for the hype... Well i have some questions... Isnt it true? Isnt this algo Asic resistant? Lets say all the other possible future coins that use this algo will benefit from that or no?

So what if other coins were to use that algo? That doesn't benefit this coin.

Do you understand what ASIC-resistant actually means? It is simply down to whether the component parts of a dedicated ASIC mining device for that algorithm would be sufficiently profitable to assemble and produce to mine a coin efficiently. If a full-time PoW coin has a very large market-cap and high value for a sustained period of time then market forces dictate than an ASIC miner will ultimately be produced for that algo.

In any event, it is irrelevant, my point is that the whitepaper, which is absent ANYTHING of substance, is almost entirely dedicated to talking up the ASIC resistance as its innovative tech when it is only going to have a 100-day PoW period. There is absolutely no reason for its brief PoW algo to be the mainstay of it supposed tech.

That is where you and every other FOMO-suffering noob are being conned.

As for:
Regarding this point 1 i think you are forgetting a couple important things... Marketplace and Webwallet both are live in beta version so people can use it and see it...

Most of the code for these things is simply bought for a few bucks and re-skinned.

Well your right it might not benefit this coin in particular but sure does benefit the whole crypto space, that is a continuous experiment and nobody knows what will the end result be...

The fact that someone is doing something new shouldnt be considered a scam... I know what Asic resistant means, soo you are implying that asics could be built easely for this algo if it becomes profitable enough, am i right? I have another question for you... Wouldnt be Ethereum a profitable enough coin to create asics for? its been around how long without it? The fact that you imply that argument has a scam makes no sense at all to me... ( even if both algos use different hardware resources )

Until now the only tangible criticism i heard from you is the whitepaper that in fact could be more up to date with all the development done so far...

The fact that you need to attack other users ( calling them nobbs, scammers, bots, etc ) has a way to convey your only real criticism about the whitepaper is very limited from you...

Regarding the fact that the code was bought or not ( your the one implying it so im assuming you have done this multiple times in the past ), i dont see many coins that after 2 months of existance have such real aplications for them, not even arguing the potencial use cases of every coin, the fact is that Signatum has built aplications for their coin and to me that is a good sign that they want to keep working and improving their use cases...

To summarize, the only real criticism, and i have to agree with you, is that the whitepaper needs to be improved to match the work beeing put into this coin until today... The rest of your points its seems to me your holding to words and semantics in order " prove " your scam accusations...Nothing more...

earldd

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:14:29 PM

Hello Sir.

I have started cryptocurrency investing for more than three months now and checking out the forums here and there including this one (for over a month).  After a careful decision, I have decided to include this as my privacy coin as part of my diversification portfolio. 

I was just surprised that the community is large for a low marketcap of $5m.  There are 1642 members on Telegram and Discord has hundreds.

The reason for the 100-day PoW is to prevent ASICs from monopolizing the mining/distribution of the coin prior to becoming PoS.  The main intention is to have this as a distributed coin as possible.  If a coin goes PoS immediately, whales can swoop it up like in many ICOs.  If the coin is PoW but is of a longer time, whales can swoop as well through buying/using ASICs.  The intention is that hobbyist miners can have a piece of the action.  Whales may still be possible but they will be lesser in number and scope.

As for the use cases for the coin, the devs have also created a running Signatum Store (in Beta).  You can check it out here at http://signatum.store.  In the long run, more people will use this store for their own purposes. 

As Charles Hoskinson of ETH/ETC said, "The value of a coin comes from its community, not the technology."  I have to agree.  Bitcoin itself has lots of things to work on and does not have the best technology, but it is the one most used by the global community and its market value does reflect it.   

I appreciate and the warning to the Bitcointalk community regarding SIGT is definitely noted. 

Nonetheless, I have decided that this is my privacy coin of choice based on the risk-reward tradeoff that I am willing to take.  If the price tanks and I lose all my money here, no problem.

To any other newbies out there, please note that you have to invest in several coins and not put majority or all in one coin including SIGT.  I am willing to lose my thousands of Dollars here if necessary.  Note that this is not financial advice and I am not your financial advisor.

Thank you very much.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:24:27 PM

The fact that someone is doing something new shouldnt be considered a scam...

But they are not doing something new. This whole "chuck another algo in" act isn't new, it was being done three years ago on numerous copy-pasta coins which were being launched every other minute.

Wouldnt be Ethereum a profitable enough coin to create asics for?
No because Ethereum has always had the goal of switching to PoS at some point. No hardware manufacturer would take the risk of developing and manufacturing an ASIC for it.

The fact that you need to attack other users ( calling them nobbs, scammers, bots, etc )
Those terms aren't used as ad-hominem, they are used as factual labels to describe actual things.
1. The people perpetuating this scam are scammers
2. The people perpetuating this scam are obviously using trading bots to create fake volume
3. The only people falling for this are newbies to cryptocurrencies, otherwise known as 'noobs'.

i dont see many coins that after 2 months of existance have such real aplications for them, not even arguing the potencial use cases of every coin, the fact is that Signatum has built aplications for their coin and to me that is a good sign that they want to keep working and improving their use cases...
Which part of the fact that you can cheaply buy white-label scripts and code to create these things sounds like these people must be legit because they 'created' these things?

1. Zero innovation
2. Absurd hype about utterly pointless 'ASIC resistant' algo for mere 100-day PoW phase
3. Whitepaper which contains nothing of substance other than hyping the pointless algo
4. Insanely high trading volumes for a coin with zero innovation or tech
5. A forum thread with numerous sock-puppet shill accounts which routinely post 'inside information' encouraging people to buy into this nonsense coin

If it looks like a duck...

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
RSO_

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:28:38 PM

And the whole threatening people with negative ratings, just to prove the insubstantial evidence you have delivered, of the coin being a scam, is pure mindlessness. Who is this guy kim jong un? I hope it is clear to many of the community, that this is nothing more than bullying tactics to force a weak argument across the table.

You are aware that acting in such a manner, already means you have lost, as you could not bring forward a solid case without reprisal, in the form of threats.

Apparently I can't be trusted now because I asked him for evidence  Grin Grin
kjpd1971

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:29:06 PM

You have been warned.

Okay kid, you've said your piece. You've clearly demonstrated you have no argument. We 'have been warned' now - thanks for the PSA. Now get on your way. The price has been going up the whole time you've been spreading FUD so it's clearly not working.

Also, stop saying these new accounts are spreading FUD with fake interest in SIGT. Do you not know what FUD means? Your responses are so childish that nobody can possibly take you seriously. I tried to ask you if you had any actual real facts to support this being a scam - you clearly don't. BYE!

noooooo I’ve been warned. Omg!!!! Run for the hills. Fucking snowflake has warned us. Ok batman, go fight your next crusade with whatever coin your think is a scam. How about bytecoin? Flappy coin? 1337?  Some real shit.
Epicyclic

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:32:02 PM

You are being ad hominem yourself, can you not see this, by using autocratic, dictatorial methods against any argument that refutes your claimed opinion, by offering negative trust, therefore abusing the right to express opinion.

Listen if you had come here with irrefutable evidence against the coin, other than your opinion then people would of listened, running in the room and creaming "Scam" in big red letters and then "character assassination to all whom oppose" is not anyway to start with your claims.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:34:57 PM

Listen if you had come here with irrefutable evidence against the coin, other than your opinion then people would of listened, running in the room and creaming "Scam" in big red letters and then "character assassination to all whom oppose" is not anyway to start with your claims.

I don't need irrefutable evidence, I need only suspect that they are scammers.

They, however, have done more than enough to prove I am right.

dictatorial methods against any argument that refutes your claimed opinion
Where is this reasoned refutation? I haven't seen any, only spittle-flecked ad-hominem and rage at their scam being exposed.

jimboscott

Activity: 253
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:44:38 PM

I don't need irrefutable evidence, I need only suspect that they are scammers.

They, however, have done more than enough to prove I am right.

dictatorial methods against any argument that refutes your claimed opinion
Where is this reasoned refutation? I haven't seen any, only spittle-flecked ad-hominem and rage at their scam being exposed.

OK.  I think I get it now.

You are doing all of this 'I have seen enough to prove I am right' stuff in order to get out of Jury Duty for life. 

Smart move.  Appear in a public setting where a record of your posts can be easily established and retrieved at will - reach some hare-brained conclusion in a few nanoseconds without the aid of any real evidence - then shout in red caps that you alone possess the truth and/or the ability to discern it. 

That is a permanent get out of jury duty move since it portrays you as someone incapable of fair and rational discourse.
odoovan

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:45:36 PM

time will show who is right
SlowGrowth

Activity: 490
Merit: 264

| Privacy Advocate | Game Theory | Free Thinker |

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 01:51:17 PM

The fact that someone is doing something new shouldnt be considered a scam...

But they are not doing something new. This whole "chuck another algo in" act isn't new, it was being done three years ago on numerous copy-pasta coins which were being launched every other minute.

Wouldnt be Ethereum a profitable enough coin to create asics for?
No because Ethereum has always had the goal of switching to PoS at some point. No hardware manufacturer would take the risk of developing and manufacturing an ASIC for it.

The fact that you need to attack other users ( calling them nobbs, scammers, bots, etc )
Those terms aren't used as ad-hominem, they are used as factual labels to describe actual things.
2. The people perpetuating this scam are obviously using trading bots to create fake volume
3. The only people falling for this are newbies to cryptocurrencies, otherwise known as 'noobs'.

i dont see many coins that after 2 months of existance have such real aplications for them, not even arguing the potencial use cases of every coin, the fact is that Signatum has built aplications for their coin and to me that is a good sign that they want to keep working and improving their use cases...
Which part of the fact that you can cheaply buy white-label scripts and code to create these things sounds like these people must be legit because they 'created' these things?

1. Zero innovation
2. Absurd hype about utterly pointless 'ASIC resistant' algo for mere 100-day PoW phase
3. Whitepaper which contains nothing of substance other than hyping the pointless algo
5. A forum thread with numerous sock-puppet shill accounts which routinely post 'inside information' encouraging people to buy into this nonsense coin

Well if its not something new, and you say it was done 3 years ago, I wasnt around at the time so i cant tell... But if could please name me a few and give me some references soo i can research about it i would deeply apreciate it, soo i can investigate and get to my own conclusions...

Regarding the Ethereum point, i was going to ask you were exacly did they mentioned on their whitepaper any POS consensus mechanism ( because i have never found any reference for that in the whitepaper ), but i think we will get off topic...

Again this is your opinion based on NO EVIDENCE AT ALL...

1. Zero innovation

1. Can you please show me a coin before Signatum using these hashing functions?
2. Has far has i remember ( and aparently i have been around on this thread longer then you ), there was never a hype about anything related to asics... There was YES related to the development beeing done ( Market PLace and Web Wallet ) and speculation regarding the short POW time...
3. Again i have to say i agree with you... The whitepaper does NOT reflect in any way the work done so far on the coin...
4. Is that a scam evidence? So your telling me just because there is a big volume on a certain coin that has to be fake volume? How can you even say something like that knowingly you cant prove it?
5. Again with such a high number of users coming in everyday from the last maybe 1 year until now, how can you tell they are shills? Again its your opinion with no evidence... I respect but i dont have to accept your opinion based on no evidence has true...

" If it looks like a duck... " It could also be a swan...
warhawk22

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:52:57 PM

Just as a reminder, seeing as the sock-puppets have been out in force trying to bury this PSA:

WARNING!

As this project has been exposed as a shitcoin scam, those

users who continue to post ad-hominem attacks instead

of attempting to rebut the facts raised exposing the scam

will logically be assumed to be scammer accounts.

WARNING!

Those accounts, particularly ones with the common-theme of only Signatum threads and mining, which indicate they are being used by the scammers to fake interest in the 'project', will soon be marked with negative trust ratings in order to ensure they cannot be used again for other scams.

You have been warned.

We have been warned, your mission to warn us is done, now go away!
Why are you still here? Leave us into oblivion.
We believe in this coin. So go f**k off from this thread finally.
Pages: « 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 526 »
  Print  

Jump to: