Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:53:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 [619] 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703572 times)
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:19:18 PM

^so what shall current old btc users do while they wait for this fancy new (untested) stuff?....create a tab?
and while old btc users wait...blockcore want to make the blocks even smaller,increasing fees even more..lol

Tell me this, why is there no segwit thread that you can goto?
 a thread that allows you to discuss segwet tech with users and you can teach the noobies.
No point only commenting on a thread that is segwit free, your not going to get anywhere....
spend your energy on another thread promoting all this stuff you think will be revolutionary....and lets see how many users from newbies to legends contribute to the discussion regularly.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:31:18 AM

weeeeeeeee
>The Bilderberg Group funded Blockstream. On February 3rd, 2016, AXA invested $55 million in Blockstream. At the time of that investment, Henri de Castries was the head of both AXA and Bilderberg Group.
https://www.coindesk.com/blockstream-55-million-series-a/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_de_Castries
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group

>MasterCard funded Digital Currency Group, which funded Blockstream. Note: Glenn Hutchins serves as a board director for both the Digital Currency Group and the Federal Reserve Bank.
https://www.ccn.com/mastercard-digital-currency-group/
http://dcg.co/who-we-are/ (Archive: http://archive.is/6BLgo )
http://dcg.co/portfolio/#b (Archive: http://archive.is/u9e3n )
>Blockstream crippled Bitcoin BTC, to push people towards the Lightning Network:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoins-possible-privatization-has-blockstream-created-problem-to-provide-solution
>The Truth About Lightning Network:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g [Embed]
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g
>Larry Summers, the man who started the "war on cash" also serves as "special adviser" to the DCG board.

https://twitter.com/Tom_Horvath/status/949207156338946048
weeeeeeeeee

That is very interesting. I really don't know what to think about this. Investing in this as a hedge ? I am not optimistic about bitcoin futures as they are nothing more than derivatives and no money actually gets invested into bitcoin.  Warren Buffet has called derivatives "weapons of mass destruction"

Thank you for doing the research and pointing this out to me

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 08:30:06 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 09:03:05 AM by hv_

All I can see on this thread is several hundred pages made up mainly of name calling. Why aren't you people coming up with wonderful innovations and sponsoring NASCAR?

Thx for input, it is gentleman.  Cheesy

Given the history and the color of this forum most creative power moved over to reddit, twitter and other platforms.

Its not even possible to keep it clean from trollish cross coin selling (see dump icebergs) and childish trash posts.

FYI

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/900682/Bitcoin-rise-ripple-Ethereum-Cash-big-bang

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:36:49 AM

https://coingeek.com/lightning-network-cant-scale-needs-another-layer/  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Still no block size increase, but an entire additional layer—and the same high fees (possibly more) WTF Grin

Also...Coinex and other BCH exchanges..please add BCH-XRP, BCH-STR pairs...
both xrp and str got huge pumps, when people want to sell they are forced into usd/usdt/btc ...none of these choices are suitable for BCH "real bitcoin " supporters..
we dont want our coins going through old btc(causing a big spike in the charts) to change to the real Bitcoin(BCH)
Thanks guys  Kiss

When a publication is owned by Calvin Ayre or Roger Ver then it's automatically void.

It's like apple telling everybody why the iOS is superior to Android

Sounds like black and white thinking...

..aaand that's a poor analogy - which mobile OS is superior is mostly an opinion.

Unless of course you care to tally up the tech specs of each and try to make an objective decision. First you need to be clear about your priorities however (is cost more important than usability etc).

OK, Let's try it with cryptos, I will go first:

MY top Priorities (your can be different, but be honest please):
1. I can use it, merchants accept it and I can trade it on exchanges or with private parties
2. It's secure
3. It's safe from theft and govt meddling/inflation
4. Low fees

So far, BTC only fits 2 and 3 - 1 and 4 are gone due to Kore's retardedness/compromise

BCH fits all 4. Your turn.

That has nothing to do with the quote

You quote a post of me saying a BCH supporters publication is biased to the one side the same as if you asked apple which os is the best iOS or android no matter what the technicalities are apple will always say apple is better.

As for the what you try to derail the content with then BTC fills 1, 2, & 3 you like to post your acceptbitcoin.cash site and if you look over it then you would see BTC is accepted at way more places than BCH yes the fees are higher big deal once the rest of the scaling solutions have rolled out then that will ease the mempool and blockstream are not against a block increase its just not needed yet once schnorr signatures etc are implemented BTC will be able to store more transactions in the current block as BCH can in a 8MB block and if a increase is needed after all this it will be rolled out in a future release

Other busy coins are getting higher fees now too ETH is around $2.50 now and but its got issues but its not block space issue the network infrastructure cannot process the transactions fast enough also with the rise of ripple recently the transaction fee has gone up 3000% even BCH now has a average tx fee of about $0.40 yea its not much but a far cry from under $0.01 that it was a couple of month ago

No no no teck, I bolded the relevant text. You replied to a comment about no blocksize increase saying it's invalid "becuz Calvin Ayre and Roger Ver sez".

Now it's your turn. What are your priorities and how does BTC fulfill them better than BCH? Should be easy for you, considering how vehement you are in your convictions? So if store of value is first priority for you, that's fine... but let's at least get you on the record with facts rather than name-calling and blustering...
Niya

Activity: 811
Merit: 512

Enhalo Mining

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 03:04:16 PM

Is it safe to use Electron Cash now that Electrum for BTC is compromised?
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:19:46 PM

Did they update with new patch already? If not, I wouldn't use and also move your coins immediately to another place. Now that the Electrum's vulnerability is known, storing coins in an unpatched Electrum fork is not advisable.

Edit: Looks like they came up with patch. Here is link to download. https://electroncash.org/#download After downloading, verifying and installing, create a new wallet immediately and move your coins to addresses in the new wallet from the old wallet, immediately.
dr.cheema

Activity: 826
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:31:56 PM

Within the South Korean cryptocurrency exchange market, the price of Bitcoin Cash has surpassed $3,800, due to a flurry of mainstream media reports that have emerged over the past few days.
https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-cash-surges-3800-korea-amid-flurry-mainstream-media-coverage-roger-ver/
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:48:00 PM

Did they update with new patch already? If not, I wouldn't use and also move your coins immediately to another place. Now that the Electrum's vulnerability is known, storing coins in an unpatched Electrum fork is not advisable.

Edit: Looks like they came up with patch. Here is link to download. https://electroncash.org/#download After downloading, verifying and installing, create a new wallet immediately and move your coins to addresses in the new wallet from the old wallet, immediately.
Exactly. Dont connect old electrum to internet
Its a good post for noobs, thanks to share  Wink

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
*MrPiP*

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:52:01 PM

That's very important! Devs should spread the work about vulnerability and ask users to update ASAP (if there is updated fork version ofc)!

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
z97rx470

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:53:29 PM

Is Bitcoin Private going to be given out to Bitcoin holders or Bitcoin Cash holders?
MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:13:42 PM

After address new conversion update do we need new client or will toggle address in current client suffice?TIA

█████████████████████
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 07:26:23 PM

Is Bitcoin Private going to be given out to Bitcoin holders or Bitcoin Cash holders?

Bitcoin
hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:19:23 PM

BCH still has only a fraction of the transaction volume of Bitcoin.

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:49:02 PM

BCH still has only a fraction of the transaction volume of Bitcoin.

It will take time just like anything else that is new. I can vouch for myself that if I need to send in extra funds to shore up a margin position I have sent Bitcoin Cash instead of the $20 transfer fee for Bitcoin.

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:51:05 PM

https://coingeek.com/lightning-network-cant-scale-needs-another-layer/  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Still no block size increase, but an entire additional layer—and the same high fees (possibly more) WTF Grin

both xrp and str got huge pumps, when people want to sell they are forced into usd/usdt/btc ...none of these choices are suitable for BCH "real bitcoin " supporters..
we dont want our coins going through old btc(causing a big spike in the charts) to change to the real Bitcoin(BCH)
Thanks guys  Kiss

When a publication is owned by Calvin Ayre or Roger Ver then it's automatically void.

..aaand that's a poor analogy - which mobile OS is superior is mostly an opinion.

Unless of course you care to tally up the tech specs of each and try to make an objective decision. First you need to be clear about your priorities however (is cost more important than usability etc).

1. I can use it, merchants accept it and I can trade it on exchanges or with private parties
2. It's secure
4. Low fees

So far, BTC only fits 2 and 3 - 1 and 4 are gone due to Kore's retardedness/compromise

You quote a post of me saying a BCH supporters publication is biased to the one side the same as if you asked apple which os is the best iOS or android no matter what the technicalities are apple will always say apple is better.

As for the what you try to derail the content with then BTC fills 1, 2, & 3 you like to post your acceptbitcoin.cash site and if you look over it then you would see BTC is accepted at way more places than BCH yes the fees are higher big deal once the rest of the scaling solutions have rolled out then that will ease the mempool and blockstream are not against a block increase its just not needed yet once schnorr signatures etc are implemented BTC will be able to store more transactions in the current block as BCH can in a 8MB block and if a increase is needed after all this it will be rolled out in a future release

Other busy coins are getting higher fees now too ETH is around $2.50 now and but its got issues but its not block space issue the network infrastructure cannot process the transactions fast enough also with the rise of ripple recently the transaction fee has gone up 3000% even BCH now has a average tx fee of about $0.40 yea its not much but a far cry from under $0.01 that it was a couple of month ago

No no no teck, I bolded the relevant text. You replied to a comment about no blocksize increase saying it's invalid "becuz Calvin Ayre and Roger Ver sez".

Now it's your turn. What are your priorities and how does BTC fulfill them better than BCH? Should be easy for you, considering how vehement you are in your convictions? So if store of value is first priority for you, that's fine... but let's at least get you on the record with facts rather than name-calling and blustering...
probably the last you'll heard from him ^^

tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 11:47:37 PM

Thanks guys  Kiss

2. It's secure
4. Low fees

No it was about the article that what you highlighted is bold was just a quote from it which is going to be biased due to the publication owner

Like ive said many many times BTC is prioritising chain optimisation this will allow roughly the same amount of transactions to fit in the current block space that BCH can fit in a 8MB block after this is done then yes a block increase will follow if it's needed but right now after all optimisations there is adequate capacity just be patient it's not a race to the finish

99% of BCH code was created by BTC devs and most likely futurecode will be too don't try and cut off the hand that feeds you
Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:19:49 AM

Thanks guys  Kiss

2. It's secure
4. Low fees

No it was about the article that what you highlighted is bold was just a quote from it which is going to be biased due to the publication owner

Like ive said many many times BTC is prioritising chain optimisation this will allow roughly the same amount of transactions to fit in the current block space that BCH can fit in a 8MB block after this is done then yes a block increase will follow if it's needed but right now after all optimisations there is adequate capacity just be patient it's not a race to the finish

99% of BCH code was created by BTC devs and most likely futurecode will be too don't try and cut off the hand that feeds you

Ownership of some thing does not equate a bias that precludes the speaker from making statements that are also accurate.  A speaker can make the full disclosure that they own some items in the discussion but it is not grounds for categorical dismissal of the statement by any means whatsoever LOL.  

And if I take away the key to your house and require a third party &/ or lower security software to make keys and permissions so you can enter your house is not optimization by most people's definition.  You might just get run out of town in some parts if you "optimize" like that in the light of day.

And bch is bitcoin so your last comment is nonsense.  btc has gone the way of the altcoin and now competes with testnets for its' former self

bitcoin2m

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:37:34 AM

Anyone else thinking BitcoinCash will reach 2,000 this weekend? I have a feeling we are in for another big pump just like last weekend. People are getting fed up with regular bitcoin, its not functional as a currency at best its crypto "gold". You can actually send gold through the mail for about the same price and speed as bitcoin now.

NOT REALLY wheras the group that pumped BCH to epic levels are now buying BTX :-D lmao

Buying BTX lol? Can I have some of what you are smoking? You do realize last weekends pump involved volume of about 5 BILLION + dollars per day and Cash is still at 3 billion in the last 24 hours.

Your BTX is at 10 MILLION volume LOL. I think you are a more than a little confused.

There's a new BTX that wants to be B2X but its forked from Bitcoin Gold https://bitcoin2m.org/ https://github.com/bitcoin2m/BitcoinX
Can this get any more convoluted?

Independent Day of Bitcoin 2M+Segwit

Today, Nov 16th 2017 is the day of Bitcoin 2X Independent Day. it is  hard  time for b2x investors .no any warning. All the NYA signers betrayed all the B2X investors . B2x investors lost 90% fortune in mins.

Now new B2X team build up. ASIC MINER is not trust-able .in order to protect the 2M+SW dream, to protect the b2x investors.

We will:
1, change mining algo to gpu mining
2, 2M+SW
3, add two way replay attack protection
4, no pre-mine
5,fork height: 494784.

www.bitcoin2m.org
Twitter: @bitcoin2m
Github: https://github.com/bitcoin2m/bitcoin2x

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2377598.0

Is this actually being traded somewhere? And its just futures trading right now?
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 05:06:21 AM

Coinbase said mid january and still nothing for now ... It seems everyone forgot about this coin
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 08:47:42 AM

Here is some techy stuff about LN - in case you've not seen it :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg27684676#msg27684676

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Pages: « 1 ... 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 [619] 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: