Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:28:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703566 times)
IDrankThePotion

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:22:14 PM

i prob one of the few that is either mad or genius lol
everytime i see bch pushed into a corner and people think its doomed...i buy more  Cheesy

(hoping for my $4600 sell orders of seg to go through aswell)

Suuure, how many times now have you sold all your real btc.

Keep digging.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 11:23:54 PM

^ what was that tek...did you say something  Tongue  Smiley

I think your really a secret BTC hoarder and just trying to drive price down to get them cheaper it's okay to admit if you ever feel you have made the wrong choice  Tongue
winding-coils

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:25:27 PM

2 blocks found and the resulting unconfirmed transactions are immediately climbing above 70k

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:25:40 PM

i prob one of the few that is either mad or genius lol
everytime i see bch pushed into a corner and people think its doomed...i buy more  Cheesy

(hoping for my $4600 sell orders of seg to go through aswell)

Suuure, how many times now have you sold all your real btc.

Keep digging.
lols , i do buy back as my previous posts mention, ...sold twice at top, 4400, then got bak at 3900, then again at 4200 and back at 4000 (go check)
im not stupid , need to rinse and repeat segwitters alot , just like they trying to do to bch  Wink Kiss

dif now is, before i used to hodl btc and hardly trade it, i used to want to accumulate it,
now i dont hodl much,  i trade it , to make more bch so i can hodl em  Smiley

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
*MrPiP*

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:26:16 PM

I have no idea why the sudden divergence in profitability. Anyone?

Antpool mining empty blocks again Wink

Is that a big problem? If there will be more services, there will be more transactions, just give it more time Smiley

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 11:31:46 PM

2 blocks found and the resulting unconfirmed transactions are immediately climbing above 70k

You won't see a massive drop everyone is still using legacy addresses still but new wallet addresses will start being segwit ones and only then will you see any effect from this

Segwit was more about fixing security issues that allow for greater improvements than scaling the scaling benefit is just a bonus
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:34:20 PM

You won't see a massive drop everyone is still using legacy addresses still but new wallet addresses will start being segwit ones and only then will you see any effect from this

Segwit was more about fixing security issues that allow for greater improvements than scaling the scaling benefit is just a bonus

bro...wait a sec...really...
so lets say in a yr or more...if i want to move  cold storage btc to a new wallet...then it becomes segshit?

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 11:55:26 PM

so lets say in a yr or more...if i want to move  cold storage btc to a new wallet...then it becomes segshit?

No not if you keep using a legacy address 1xxxxxxxxx....xxx to make it segwit it needs to go to a segwit address 3xxxxxx...xxx

If you carry on with a 1x address your transactions will be stored in blocks exactly the same as they are on BCH

My cold storage will always remain in a 1x legacy address and I will use a 3x segwit address for everyday usage
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:57:21 PM

so has anyone put together estimated figures for the amount of bcash still locked up? xapo, bitstamp, coinbase, gemini, it must add up to over a million easily.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:23:39 AM

so lets say in a yr or more...if i want to move  cold storage btc to a new wallet...then it becomes segshit?

No not if you keep using a legacy address 1xxxxxxxxx....xxx to make it segwit it needs to go to a segwit address 3xxxxxx...xxx

If you carry on with a 1x address your transactions will be stored in blocks exactly the same as they are on BCH

My cold storage will always remain in a 1x legacy address and I will use a 3x segwit address for everyday usage
ahh get ya
ive got a bunch mined from 2011, never been touched, never plan to move them (+the bch i got with them)

i still wont ever use segblockcore addresses, giving blockstream a cut..no thanks, rather not use slow lbtc, better off using bch

winding-coils

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:25:05 AM

Is there any end to the rising fees? I won't move BTC because of the cost, I use LTC and ETH to move because it's cheap, soon BCH.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:34:09 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 12:44:12 AM by Mrpumperitis

Is there any end to the rising fees? I won't move BTC because of the cost, I use LTC and ETH to move because it's cheap, soon BCH.
my point exactly...
no the fees will only go one way...up, and things will get much slower soon too, its part of the plan by core, they being doing this for a while now,
  you are forced into segshit, an alt or the real bitcoin bch

Dear Bitcoin: I’m Sorry, Fees Will Rise, Blockstream developer Rusty Russell paints a dark picture for the world’s first great cryptocurrency. He praises the benefit of a decentralized payment system, but insists it will never scale, saying that “Bitcoin fees are only going to rise from now on. Plan on it.”

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 12:35:38 AM

ahh get ya
ive got a bunch mined from 2011, never been touched, never plan to move them (+the bch i got with them)

i still wont ever use segblockcore addresses, giving blockstream a cut..no thanks, rather not use slow lbtc, better off using bch

Where do you get that blockstream gets a cut from a segwit address/transaction all segwit does is kind of rearrange the blocks to make them more efficient I think you have a lot of misconceptions as to what's really happening been reading too much fud from the BCH team
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:42:24 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 12:55:44 AM by Mrpumperitis

http://veekyforums.com/thread/3186191/business/the-lighting-network-requires-a-subscription-fee.html
yea i do, ive been sayin things like this will happen for past 3weeks...
if is its true , how would you feel?

heres a comment from a reader.
likeme
Blockstream now has SegWit jammed into BTC and it can't be removed, next they're going to lower the blocksize and force everyone into SegWit transactions and LN so everyone is stuck using bank-run LN hubs because they're the only ones "cheap" enough to send a transaction under $1,000

You will pay a sub fee, submit to AML/KYC, and pay your fees to bankers instead of miners.

Enjoy your new shitcoin, should have bought Cash.

another reader,
the idea that you pay a monthly bill to blockstream instead of paying per transaction is *really* bad. do you need me to explain why? it's not the "same thing."

another...Requires locking funds into a payment channel, like a bank account
Funds stay locked up until you pay to close the channel, like a bank account
Fees go to channel provider, who is most likely a bank, banking 2.0
Provider can force channels closed, require registration, AML/KYC, fully vulnerable to government confiscation

[–]luke-jrLuke Dashjr - Bitcoin Core Developer 29 points 10 hours ago
In the short term, Lightning should reduce on-chain fees significantly.
Essentially they become subscription fees to use Bitcoin, rather than per-transaction fees.

In case anyone try to enforce anything like that (maybe by spamming the network as usual), this will be the market reaction in a matter of hours:

bch                                                 me                                                           btc

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:46:59 AM

also please read this, im not saying this is right or wrong, im just saying check it out  Smiley
https://medium.com/@jonaldfyookball/mathematical-proof-that-the-lightning-network-cannot-be-a-decentralized-bitcoin-scaling-solution-1b8147650800

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 12:56:05 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 01:10:53 AM by tekmobile

http://veekyforums.com/thread/3186191/business/the-lighting-network-requires-a-subscription-fee.html

the idea that you pay a monthly bill to blockstream instead of paying per transaction is *really* bad. do you need me to explain why? it's not the "same thing."

Provider can force channels closed, require registration, AML/KYC, fully vulnerable to government confiscation

Essentially they become subscription fees to use Bitcoin, rather than per-transaction fees.

In case anyone try to enforce anything like that (maybe by spamming the network as usual), this will be the market reaction in a matter of hours:

bch                                                 me                                                           btc

What this means is LN is basically free to use but the fee you pay on the blockchain when sending your bitcoin can be classed as a subscription fee

In other words instead of paying for every BTC transaction you just pay it once when you send the BTC to open the channel and this goes to the miners not blockstream

If I was to send you 1BTC now I will pay a fee and this fee is what's being referred to as what can be classed as a subscription   it is just a normal bitcoin transaction fee nothing more nothing less but that's the only fee you will pay no different that paying for every transaction on chain it all goes to the same place

You really do have a bad understanding of segwit and LN you perhaps should not read everything that has been twisted to make it sound bad and spread misinformation

digiworld1

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:21:11 AM

likeme
Blockstream now has SegWit jammed into BTC and it can't be removed, next they're going to lower the blocksize and force everyone into SegWit transactions and LN so everyone is stuck using bank-run LN hubs because they're the only ones "cheap" enough to send a transaction under $1,000

You will pay a sub fee, submit to AML/KYC, and pay your fees to bankers instead of miners.

Enjoy your new shitcoin, should have bought Cash.

another reader,

lmao, way to compare man, bitcoin cash, lol  Grin Grin Grin
digiworld1

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:24:12 AM

Thanks for the article Mr. Pumperitis! good read man.
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 02:47:45 AM

I've added other services on the OP Smiley

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
x2666

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:53:33 AM

Quote from: x2666

And finally, what one considers Bitcoin is now open to interpretation and simply because one fork managed to politically keep the ticker BTC does not mean that it is in some way more or less inherently entitled to the name of the main chain.

BCH is Bitcoin

BTC is Bitcoin

If a tree has two branches, you do not consider the two branches to be separate from the tree. At the time of the split, there was no "correct" main chain, just the one which was perceived to be the main chain because they used their political positioning to maintain the original ticker of btc. The valuation of these two forks is in flux, people are still struggling to grasp the technological, political, and economic concepts at play here. There is no clear winner yet, this will take months to settle.

BTC split from "The" Bitcoin chain via segwit.

BCH split from "The" Bitcoin chain via raising the block size.

Both forks implemented changes, thus while one kept the stock ticker of BTC and the infrastructure built around the BTC ticker on trade platforms, it is not inherently the defacto Bitcoin.

If BCH manages to maintain the majority hashing power and prices rise to support it, it will become the chain which is used and referred to as the main Bitcoin.

Obviously, this could not happen within the same day of launch, or week, or maybe even month or months. This will take some time to play out. Right now there is a great deal of uncertainty among investors, traders, and miners.

A great deal hold both of their coins, BTC and BCH and use BTC + BCH to calculate the overall bitcoin price, which is a sensible way of understanding this.

Finally, when somebody says Bitcoin, it is now a general term which could be perceived to mean BCH or BTC.

There is a lot of doublespeak around this situation, many people are vocal about supporting one side while others are silent and willing to follow whichever appears to be 'winning'. This is like poker, people may not want to telegraph their moves because there is no clear advantage in doing so. Only time can tell where this leads.

+ 1000  !!!

Thank you for the +1000, how do I redeem it? Quoted because I think this answers just about every discussion in every new page of this thread. I am vehemently opposed to the ludicrously high tax fees btc is trying to impose and see core, segwit as the hostile actors taking over Bitcoin.

BitcoinTalk is a highly censored cesspool primarily serving as a vehicle to operate scams.
Pointing out truth or straying from the promoted narrative will be met with shills spouting non sequiturs.
Trust ratings are meaningless as those who control them are not worthy of trust.
Pages: « 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: