Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:51:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703566 times)
winding-coils

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:25:40 PM

I'm not surprised that bildermoney has its hands in it... this is turning out to be one of the most fun mystery rides ever.

Buckle up

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mysticus

Activity: 100
Merit: 28

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:54:48 PM

"Blockstream having patents in Segwit makes all the weird pieces of the last three years fall perfectly into place":

https://falkvinge.net/2017/05/01/blockstream-patents-segwit-makes-pieces-fall-place/
"The owners of Blockstream are the classic financial institutions, specifically AXA, that have everything to lose from cryptocurrency gaining ground.

And they have bought (“invested in”) a company, which has an opportunity to get patents into the bitcoin blockchain, thereby being able to either outright ban people from using it, or collect a heavy rent from anybody and everybody who uses it."

If true, that explains a lot of things!   Wink

Thanks for sharing those links.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:16:29 PM

Rick Falkvinge actually has some good points.

As I said from the start, BCash is actually a good thing in my opinion:

• It allows grassroots, all-on-chain Bitcoiners to preserve "their" coin with the same blockchain technology that has been running Bitcoin from the start, without Segwit and/or Lightning/sidechains kicking in

• It allows more institutional, industry big players to carry on with their expansion/extension plan for Bitcoin (Core). Segwit, Lightning and side chains in general are a good thing IMO, they put Bitcoin on par with Ethereum and help solve many parts of the blockchain scalability issues: no one could argue that raising the block size forever is a fix to the quadratic problem of tx verification costs, etc.

Again, and one more time, what bothers me is the name (and logo) Bitcoin Cash that I find confusing. I totally get the idea of claiming the name Bitcoin, as in "genuine" Bitcoin, for legacy and/or continuity. But for everyone that was not involved in the crypto world before August 1, the ambiguity of the names "Bitcoin (Core)" and "Bitcoin Cash" will undoubtedly be confusing at best. Both will claim to be the "original", with both being right to some extent when arguing from different perspectives.

Anyone else thinks Bitcoin Cash needs rebranding? I mean name and logo here.
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 07:17:40 PM

"Blockstream having patents in Segwit makes all the weird pieces of the last three years fall perfectly into place":

https://falkvinge.net/2017/05/01/blockstream-patents-segwit-makes-pieces-fall-place/
"The owners of Blockstream are the classic financial institutions, specifically AXA, that have everything to lose from cryptocurrency gaining ground.

And they have bought (“invested in”) a company, which has an opportunity to get patents into the bitcoin blockchain, thereby being able to either outright ban people from using it, or collect a heavy rent from anybody and everybody who uses it."

I've never read so much bullshit in my life I take it you have read the source code ? And fully understand it
winding-coils

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:38:01 PM

I've never read so much bullshit in my life I take it you have read the source code ? And fully understand it
Forgive my humble observations, but as staunch opposition to Bitcoin Cash (I presume) can you share with us your positions and validate those positions vs offering rebuttal without substance ad nauseam?
Rinaze

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:01:48 PM

what is the best functional wallet for BCC?

this one for sure, bcc-wallet.btc.com also available for android and ios.
Is Btc.com planning to let the users have complete or partial private key in the future (like blockchain.info)?

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:02:31 PM

Forgive my humble observations, but as staunch opposition to Bitcoin Cash (I presume) can you share with us your positions and validate those positions vs offering rebuttal without substance ad nauseam?

Well, I'm even a supporter of Bitcoin Cash, but your accusations read as FUD even to me. In 'merka, patenting something comes with an inherent requirement to publicly disclose. So where is the evidence even that they have such patents, let alone evidence that they mean to use them to clamp down on bitcoin use? Even if they meant to, how could they possibly enforce it?

While I don't disagree with Falkvigne's concern (my day gig is also in developing technology standards), I have yet to see any evidence of such malfeasance.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
wiked1

Activity: 417
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:18:05 PM

Nobody is spreading fud talking about craig wright filing for approx 400 patents.He will have to prove he is the designer/creator of those first before he gets anything patented.If he is satoshi he will have to send someone a signed message from his fat wallet too  Wink He could also be countering blockstream position and protecting the community overall,who knows the future?I dont...I just shine shoes and follow bitcorn developments in my spare time between shining shoes.
Grrizz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:56:47 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 09:10:02 PM by Grrizz

Blockstream threatening legal action against segwit2x due to Segwit patents. All competing software now requires their consent. BCH is the only way forward. (self.btc)

submitted 11 hours ago * by livecatbounce

"decisive action against it, both technical and legal, has been prepared."

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-segwit2x/2017-August/000259.html

A couple of points here;

Eric Lombrozo is not part of Blockstream.

Blockstream offer all their patents under the Defensive Patent Licence v1.1.

The threat Eric is making is only if they refuse to implement replay protection not because they want to fork to Segwit2x.

So far I haven't seen any patents pertaining to Segwit only one regarding sidechains (which again is covered by the DPL) and as far as I can tell is still pending and only registered in the US.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:59:06 PM

any company in the whole freaking world that turns over more than $250 can probably be labelled illuminati if you make enough dumb leaps of logic.
vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:04:04 PM

does mining rate & difficulty will have huge impact on BCC price?
x2666

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:12:27 PM

Nobody is spreading fud talking about craig wright filing for approx 400 patents.He will have to prove he is the designer/creator of those first before he gets anything patented.If he is satoshi he will have to send someone a signed message from his fat wallet too  Wink He could also be countering blockstream position and protecting the community overall,who knows the future?I dont...I just shine shoes and follow bitcorn developments in my spare time between shining shoes.

My inclination on Craig Wright is to believe him. I understand why he would choose to refuse proof to the masses of idiots looking for a leader to worship. I think it makes sense that if Nakamoto were to argue his ideas in public without his identity to back him people would probably attack him as has happened with Wright.

It comes down to this, if he ultimately isn't satoshi, can't prove anything, and ergo has no chance at having his patents approved, why go through all the trouble to apply for them? It just doesn't make sense. Ultimately I acknowledge that I don't know, but in truth I do want him to be the real Satoshi and I detest the idiots who are so blinded by their ideologies and preconceived notions that they attack him and refuse to consider the possibility that he is telling the truth.

BitcoinTalk is a highly censored cesspool primarily serving as a vehicle to operate scams.
Pointing out truth or straying from the promoted narrative will be met with shills spouting non sequiturs.
Trust ratings are meaningless as those who control them are not worthy of trust.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 10:00:23 PM

Don't you find it funny how all the miners (unknown, BTC.com, Antpool, ViaBTC) have all abandoned mining this at the same time it was as if Jihan Wu has handed out orders for all his hashing power to cease until the emergency difficulty adjustment comes into force  Roll Eyes

Easy manipulating this to their benefit and none of you seem to take issues with that ?

winding-coils

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:10:50 PM

Don't you find it funny how all the miners (unknown, BTC.com, Antpool, ViaBTC) have all abandoned mining this at the same time it was as if Jihan Wu has handed out orders for all his hashing power to cease until the emergency difficulty adjustment comes into force  Roll Eyes

Easy manipulating this to their benefit and none of you seem to take issues with that ?

I find it telling that this is what you offer instead of offering a position... is this the BTC sub-forum?

Have you considered that the miners perhaps could actually believe in the blockchain and can see as clearly as you have pointed out and knowing how the difficulty works are acting on their own accord, in unison, for the benefit of the chain?

Does it scare me that people who might share a vision are working towards that?  Is this your question?
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 10:34:24 PM

Don't you find it funny how all the miners (unknown, BTC.com, Antpool, ViaBTC) have all abandoned mining this at the same time it was as if Jihan Wu has handed out orders for all his hashing power to cease until the emergency difficulty adjustment comes into force  Roll Eyes

I find it telling that this is what you offer instead of offering a position... is this the BTC sub-forum?

Have you considered that the miners perhaps could actually believe in the blockchain and can see as clearly as you have pointed out and knowing how the difficulty works are acting on their own accord, in unison, for the benefit of the chain?

Does it scare me that people who might share a vision are working towards that?  Is this your question?

So every miner in the entire world all came to the same decision at the same time

What's to say the user's won't get sick of this yo-yo effect and just start dumping making this worthless and the miners just give up for good you don't know what there thinking.

How would you feel going to the bank to get some money and they turned round and said sorry we are withholding all withdrawals because the interest rates are down that's essentially what there doing holding your money because they don't want to mine just yet
grasshpr

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:36:36 PM

afaik its not really "emergency difficulty adjustment" but more "emergency difficulty decrease" ie there is no "emergency difficulty increase" Cheesy
difficulty will now start dropping and when miners come back they will run with the then too low difficulty for the next almost 2000 blocks until normal diff adjustment Cheesy
its funny how only now I realized what they have created - its an automatic btc attack machine since they are basically sharing the same miners. I think viabtc already offers automatic chain switch?
now if I want to actually use bch to transact should I mark days on calendar when it actually works lol
winding-coils

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:43:49 PM

Don't you find it funny how all the miners (unknown, BTC.com, Antpool, ViaBTC) have all abandoned mining this at the same time it was as if Jihan Wu has handed out orders for all his hashing power to cease until the emergency difficulty adjustment comes into force  Roll Eyes

Does it scare me that people who might share a vision are working towards that?  Is this your question?

So every miner in the entire world all came to the same decision at the same time

What's to say the user's won't get sick of this yo-yo effect and just start dumping making this worthless and the miners just give up for good you don't know what there thinking.

How would you feel going to the bank to get some money and they turned round and said sorry we are withholding all withdrawals because the interest rates are down that's essentially what there doing holding your money because they don't want to mine just yet

That is one way to see it.
winding-coils

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:52:36 PM

afaik its not really "emergency difficulty adjustment" but more "emergency difficulty decrease" ie there is no "emergency difficulty increase" Cheesy
difficulty will now start dropping and when miners come back they will run with the then too low difficulty for the next almost 2000 blocks until normal diff adjustment Cheesy
its funny how only now I realized what they have created - its an automatic btc attack machine since they are basically sharing the same miners. I think viabtc already offers automatic chain switch?
now if I want to actually use bch to transact should I mark days on calendar when it actually works lol
Craig said he would create the pool, this is a field of dreams scenario, they built it (BCC), core said it would break (hasn't yet), and here they(miners) come.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:53:45 PM

12 more hours before SHTF for segwitcoin  Tongue

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 11:08:48 PM

12 more hours before SHTF for segwitcoin  Tongue

Why 12 Hours ?
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: