Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:18:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703572 times)
serby10101010001100010

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:29:11 AM

All bets are off

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
serby10101010001100010

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:42:53 AM

this is getting very interesting because either way you chose btc ot bch, it's a win win situation However I wouldn't hedge these two coins because it amounts to sell and buy the same asset, compared to hedging, say Etherum or XMR or whatever. It's true that BCH needs mass adoption, only time will tell how this will turn out.
Supercoiner111

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:47:22 AM

this is getting very interesting because either way you chose btc ot bch, it's a win win situation However I wouldn't hedge these two coins because it amounts to sell and buy the same asset, compared to hedging, say Etherum or XMR or whatever. It's true that BCH needs mass adoption, only time will tell how this will turn out.

Yes, BCH has to turn on the mass adaption to get get close to BTC, the price is doing good so it will attract investors but regular user, time can only tell....

roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:48:11 AM

I don't know if this is of any importance or not but there seems to be a patent pending by blockstreams used "only" as defense. Or so it seems. I dont know how to read this much info so I will pass it to you guys
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20160330034A1/en

Completely a NON-ISSUE for Bitcoin Cash, since Cash is not linking to a side chain (ie: Lightening Network) .

However , rumors are Blockstream will use it to sue Segwit2X and block their fork.

Kind of shows you that Blockstream / Greg Maxwell have been planning a takeover for years now.
LN & Segwit are their take over.

Bitcoin Cash is beyond their ability to control, since it forked before segwit infected the blockchain.

╥Aztek

This is the reason for all the centralize approach to bitcoin upgrade. I'm so happy Libertarian still exist and the ideology of decentralization will not die! No h"hostile take-over" with BCH.

i am astonished that people in crypto do not see what lightning is its the aproche to get a monopol on day to day transactions like giro banking does.

and with that patent pending it does not mean they want to protect there work it means they want to steal the gift satoshi gave the world und the unbanked .

segwit activated, increase blocksize 2mb, lighting network...Look like Bitcoin is becoming more centralized, however, its value remain n increase due to mass market adoption, we dont see this with bitcoin cash, @ least not at the moment.

but what is 2mb ? compared with what needs to be posible if crypto wants to take over visa or all day to day transactions done via cash at the moment ? isnt it a 100 mil tx per second ? and btc can do 3 at the moment ?

serby10101010001100010

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:52:24 AM

Yes, BCH has to turn on the mass adaption to get get close to BTC, the price is doing good so it will attract investors but regular user, time can only tell....

BTC strength is the network it has been widely adopted, but it took a long time to do so. BCH is only beginning to be adopted, when people realize it decentralized and cheaper fees, investors and miners will follow suit I guess.
zee123

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 08:54:59 AM

Seems like a brilliant idea. Will go on the site for alittle more details. If i like would i be able to contact you guys via telegram or even with dm

▃▄▅▆▇ POTENTIAM -  The Rewarding Music Ecosystem ▇▆▅▄▃
▂▃▅▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ PRE ICO LIVE NOW   ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▅▃▂
Whitepaper | ANN | Bounty | Telegram | Twitter | Website
serby10101010001100010

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:02:40 AM

Seems like a brilliant idea. Will go on the site for alittle more details. If i like would i be able to contact you guys via telegram or even with dm

sure a little research will do no harm, fell free to contact us.
serby10101010001100010

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:24:35 AM

BTC strength is the network it has been widely adopted, but it took a long time to do so. BCH is only beginning to be adopted, when people realize it decentralized and cheaper fees, investors and miners will follow suit I guess.
The problem is that people like McAfee and Jihan and Roger, they should be promoting this BIG TIME, all over the place... but we don't see none of that at all. I have been following this thread a long while now, I really think BCH is much better than BTC at this point, from the technical point of view but will people realize this? Jihan and Roger are not doing much advertising about benefits of BCH from what I can see. You know the old saying, "Out of sight, out of mind." and this is what scares me.

It is very clear and obvious that BTC is going toward centralization and "patent war" road. The government issued fiat money is much better than BTC in that case.

The whole idea of electronic money is so that it is decentralized and low fees. Just like fiat normal cash, you should be able to use it without fuss and fees.

This is why BCH is the real electronic money and BTC is moving away from that.

But again, it does not matter if no one knows about these facts. Unless Jihan and friends start doing some heavy advertising and get the information out to people... I will be worried.

EDIT: ...and by heavy advertising and promoting to get the information out to EVERYONE, I don't mean post some half cryptic tweet! They should do A LOT MORE! They have the money. Why aren't they doing it? I do not know. Sad

How do you get the information out to everyone when the average Joe hasn't even heard of BTC yet.
x2666

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:28:08 AM

The problem is that people like McAfee and Jihan and Roger, they should be promoting this BIG TIME, all over the place... but we don't see none of that at all. I have been following this thread a long while now, I really think BCH is much better than BTC at this point, from the technical point of view but will people realize this? Jihan and Roger are not doing much advertising about benefits of BCH from what I can see. You know the old saying, "Out of sight, out of mind." and this is what scares me.

They are happy to have non-believers discard their BCH because it means they can further increase their holdings. I think they understand the average Bitcoiner's psychology and have played it to their advantage. Most are incapable of comprehending how a coin with a different ticker than the traditional BTC can be viewed as the legitimate chain. This is a trivial aspect as far as the code and underlying economics are concerned but a huge psychological wedge for accumulating market share.

I truly believe the people who can rationally understand this split are vastly outnumbered by people who are unable or unwilling to broaden their perspective. There are a ton of new BTC maximalists expecting each new high of btc's price to be the last opportunity to buy at a price that will eventually be considered far too low. There are some wacky ideas out there, a lot of people who want to get rich quick without much thought involved. There are a ludicrous number of people who's plan can essentially be boiled down to "I saw Bitcoin hit an all time high and a few notable people like snapchat's ceo said it could go to a million dollars so I bought one and will hold until I can retire." That's all well and good that they get involved and have a dream but the rationale and time window they put on this occurring is typically irrational and naive as far as I am concerned.  Among.... other things...

BitcoinTalk is a highly censored cesspool primarily serving as a vehicle to operate scams.
Pointing out truth or straying from the promoted narrative will be met with shills spouting non sequiturs.
Trust ratings are meaningless as those who control them are not worthy of trust.
1Click Medical

Activity: 131

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:34:46 AM

https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/901537790243909632
¬¬

I sold BCH and moved(temporary) into USDT... i hope i did the right thing.. thoughts? weak hand or smart move?

Yea in a couple of hours BCH should become around 240% less profitable (I have seen it estimated at one point to be over 300%) essentially BTC miners will earn almost 3x as much as a BCH miner and all miners will most likely abandon the network again probably just for a day though until the EDA kicks in and drops it until blocks are mined at 2m intervals for a couple of days rince and repeat as long as possible until one day people have enough

I am not a btc maximalist but btc will always be king.

Never forget our roots!

Ken
1Click Medical

Activity: 131

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:36:10 AM

I truly believe the people who can rationally understand this split are vastly outnumbered by people who are unable or unwilling to broaden their perspective....
I really want to agree with you on this but if we look at the state of the world today... it looks like that people who are unable/unwilling to broaden their horizons are outnumbering the smart people.  Undecided Sad

You have nailed it my friend!
serby10101010001100010

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:39:55 AM

They are happy to have non-believers discard their BCH because it means they can further increase their holdings. I think they understand the average Bitcoiner's psychology and have played it to their advantage. Most are incapable of comprehending how a coin with a different ticker than the traditional BTC can be viewed as the legitimate chain. This is a trivial aspect as far as the code and underlying economics are concerned but a huge psychological wedge for accumulating market share.

I truly believe the people who can rationally understand this split are vastly outnumbered by people who are unable or unwilling to broaden their perspective. There are a ton of new BTC maximalists expecting each new high of btc's price to be the last opportunity to buy at a price that will eventually be considered far too low. There are some wacky ideas out there, a lot of people who want to get rich quick without much thought involved. There are a ludicrous number of people who's plan can essentially be boiled down to "I saw Bitcoin hit an all time high and a few notable people like snapchat's ceo said it could go to a million dollars so I bought one and will hold until I can retire." That's all well and good that they get involved and have a dream but the time window they put on this occurring is typically irrational and naive as far as I am concerned.  Among.... other things...

Great post, it sums up the phsycological aspect of trading as far as fear and greed come into play, not to mention investors, miners and traders mindset when fomo hits the market, hence the underlying economics and the irrational behaviour (not necessarily naive tho).
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 09:48:26 AM

Devs are working to release the next version of Bitcoin Cash, I think that release by release the future of Bitcoin Cash will be more and more clear.

If you want to follow what they are doing, you can look here day by day: https://reviews.bitcoinabc.org/differential/query/all/

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
serby10101010001100010

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:53:44 AM

Devs are working to release the next version of Bitcoin Cash, I think that release by release the future of Bitcoin Cash will be more and more clear.

If you want to follow what they are doing, you can look here day by day: https://reviews.bitcoinabc.org/differential/query/all/

Thanks for the link, I'm bagholding BCH hehe
serby10101010001100010

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:59:07 AM

How do you get the information out to everyone when the average Joe hasn't even heard of BTC yet.
They have the money, they should hire marketing people or something.
By the way, to clarify, I did not mean the average Joe six pack who doesn't know what "beertbitccoin" is... I mean, I was talking about the people who already own Bitcoin. I really think they do not understand what segwit is/will do to BTC. It took me a long while to really and actually understand it and it's HORRIBLE.

Jihan and team should REALLY come out BIG time on this, promoting and EXPLAINING in SIMPLE terms what BCH means and how it is BCH which is the ACTUAL ORIGINAL BITCOIN.

I'm sure if more Bitcoin owners would know and UNDERSTAND what segwit is/will do to BTC, they would ALL dump BTC and move to BCH in a New York second.

That's why I'm annoyed and worried why Jihan and team do not act at all but only post crap on Twitter. Very strange.

These guys know their stuff IMHO, don't worry about that. BTC owners only care about their short term investment, but I agree what's going on with that segwit thing is horrible.
addicto
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:06:54 AM

This sounds awesome devs are working to bring some nice feature as like they are on it. I think so this kind of hard work will make clear the situation and will give the direction of the future of this coin. Thanks to share this with the community.
Grrizz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:09:36 AM

I don't know if this is of any importance or not but there seems to be a patent pending by blockstreams used "only" as defense. Or so it seems. I dont know how to read this much info so I will pass it to you guys
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20160330034A1/en

Completely a NON-ISSUE for Bitcoin Cash, since Cash is not linking to a side chain (ie: Lightening Network) .

However , rumors are Blockstream will use it to sue Segwit2X and block their fork.

Kind of shows you that Blockstream / Greg Maxwell have been planning a takeover for years now.
LN & Segwit are their take over.

Bitcoin Cash is beyond their ability to control, since it forked before segwit infected the blockchain.

╥Aztek

This is the reason for all the centralize approach to bitcoin upgrade. I'm so happy Libertarian still exist and the ideology of decentralization will not die! No h"hostile take-over" with BCH.

i am astonished that people in crypto do not see what lightning is its the aproche to get a monopol on day to day transactions like giro banking does.

and with that patent pending it does not mean they want to protect there work it means they want to steal the gift satoshi gave the world und the unbanked .

segwit activated, increase blocksize 2mb, lighting network...Look like Bitcoin is becoming more centralized, however, its value remain n increase due to mass market adoption, we dont see this with bitcoin cash, @ least not at the moment.

but what is 2mb ? compared with what needs to be posible if crypto wants to take over visa or all day to day transactions done via cash at the moment ? isnt it a 100 mil tx per second ? and btc can do 3 at the moment ?

This is why both solutions can only be considered temporary, a completely different scaling solution really needs to be offered up to meet that sort of demand (lightning and mimblewimble being a couple of the proposed solutions but not the only ones). VISA averages ~1600Tx/s which would need ~500MB blocks with the current scheme, not really practical if you want to keep things decentralised.
blackjok3r

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:17:53 AM

I think the only way to scale is to have more than one chain. We have multiple currencies in the world now so it would stay pretty similar. Then we have barterdex technology to move coins from one chain to another at market value in a decentralised way. I am all in on BCH right from the start, swapped all my BTC for it at 0.06 after the first pump and dump. The network is superior to segwitcoin.
lazy_boozer

Activity: 271

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 10:22:14 AM

I regret very much that I sold all my bitcoins before sharing (

tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 10:33:06 AM

I think the only way to scale is to have more than one chain. We have multiple currencies in the world now so it would stay pretty similar. Then we have barterdex technology to move coins from one chain to another at market value in a decentralised way. I am all in on BCH right from the start, swapped all my BTC for it at 0.06 after the first pump and dump. The network is superior to segwitcoin.
l

LN will allow trading between chains

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/atomic-swaps-how-the-lightning-network-extends-to-altcoins-1484157052/
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: