Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:53:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703566 times)
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 08:34:39 AM

^ nothing is clear for tek.  Cheesy

Makes no difference to me but some other newer users may take it the wrong way  Wink
tek...your actually smarter than you let on....and you dont collect beans lol

i hope you stay here for a long time,
but when you give us stats on how much loss it is for bcc miners...could you also begin to post the profits when they happen.
Just a bit more equal honest treatment for both coins...and ill try do the same(afiak i have been lol)...we may have a few hiccups at the start, but im sure we will get there lol
as long as we are trying to learn and earn its all gd..isnt it?

I'll take that as a compliment I think lol and no I'm not going anywhere like I've said I've been around this space a very long time since around 2012 I've seen lots come and go exchanges, scans and all that

I've seen mining pools physically stop new users because they was getting too big and taking too large a percentage of blocks I was with BTC guild at the time and I think they forced new users to mine elsewhere purely for security because this is supposed to be trustless and as soon as ANY miner gains over 50% then you are effectively trusting that miner

I know you bash on as you call it segwitcoin and LN but it's all totally optional you CAN keep your legacy wallet with its signatures in the block just as it has always been and guess what this is what I recommend to do for your offline cold storage (savings account) then for everyday "normal use" like your normal bank account use a segwit enabled address as for LN this can be used for smaller everyday purchases and micro transactions or use like PayPal where it's almost accepted everywhere just better

Segwit has been running on litecoin now for a long time with no issues there is a litecoin wallet with $1mil bounty locked up in for anyone to claim and guess what no one has managed to crack it and I'm guessing many have tried

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:37:51 AM

^tek  Smiley

i remember btc guild, i was mining there too, the pool was growing to fast and big and to stop 51%
they started asking people not to join.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:38:53 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoins-battle-segwit2x-begun/

In response to Rogers, some bitcoin users responded with a chorus that is likely to only grow louder as November nears, one that stresses the idea that a software upgrade put forward by businesses amounts to a kind of hostile takeover.

Hinting at the heart of the argument, one Twitter user said:

"If a group of CEOs can simply get together and unilaterally change bitcoin, then that means a government could – and hence bitcoin is dead."

this is what i mean.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 08:57:04 AM

In response to Rogers, some bitcoin users responded with a chorus that is likely to only grow louder as November nears, one that stresses the idea that a software upgrade put forward by businesses amounts to a kind of hostile takeover.

"If a group of CEOs can simply get together and unilaterally change bitcoin, then that means a government could – and hence bitcoin is dead."

this is what i mean.

This is over BTC1 hard fork and this being recommend over Bitcoin Core

This is no different to you pushing BCH as a the new improved bitcoin where this is not bitcoin and Jihan Wu has also publicly stated this is not bitcoin
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:05:49 AM

this is what i mean.

This is no different to you pushing BCH as a the new improved bitcoin where this is not bitcoin and Jihan Wu has also publicly stated this is not bitcoin
yea i know, and it is different...the segwit devs ,blockstream are controlling and changing the ecosystem of bitcoin.
forget what jihan who says lol , he may have said stuff which is not as clear as what he meant...who knows.
if bitcoin was to upgrade, the dev said remove the 1mb cap with hardfork.

anyways, ive placed lots of buys all over the place on bch and lots of sells on segwitcoin,lol its been a long day....when i wake up lets see what happens  Smiley

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 09:13:48 AM

this is what i mean.

yea i know, and it is different...the segwit devs ,blockstream are controlling and changing the ecosystem of bitcoin.
forget what jihan who says lol , he may have said stuff which is not as clear as what he meant...who knows.
if bitcoin was to upgrade, the dev said remove the 1mb cap with hardfork.

anyways, ive placed lots of buys all over the place on bch and lots of sells on segwitcoin,lol its been a long day....when i wake up lets see what happens  Smiley

At least you managed to take 3rd place again and told you that BCH will drop to 4th  Tongue
johnsmithx

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:39:45 AM

Why don't you two get a room.. and take it to the next level?

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
BitcoinDev*

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

BitcoinCash Scrypt

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 09:52:13 AM

http://www.electroncash.org/ wallet is safe?

mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:49:48 AM

Looks like Bitcoin Cash waiting for takeoff in the very near future, I think it's time to buy it:
Blockchain.info just released a blog post saying they will support bitcoin cash (BCH). They have been monitoring it since the hard fork on August 1. Within the next 8 weeks they will be rolling out limited support for BCH via their settings panel. The panel is situated on the blockchain.info user wallet home page.
original: https://news.bitcoin.com/blockchain-info-to-support-bitcoin-cash/

dealeris

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 10:50:23 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 11:20:10 AM by dealeris

Hey Guys,

Why did Bitcoin Cash difficulty increased about X 4 times in ~24 hours? Bug or something else?

https://preview.ibb.co/gnpLxQ/BCH_difficulty.jpg
grasshpr

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:07:29 AM

BCH looks sad today..
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 11:22:50 AM

Hey Guys,

Why did Bitcoin Cash difficulty increased about X 4 times in ~24 hours? Bug or something else?

No just normal difficulty adjust the miners manipulated it to make it incredibly low and profitable and then the normal difficulty adjust put it up

It should have gone up over 5x but its capped at a maximum of 4x
iamnewhere

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:18:48 PM

Hey Guys,

It's "Error by design" which got abused by miners to mine by far more BCH blocks than they should (started parallel to the heavy pump of BCH via KRW/BCH pairing), now after some days the diff adjustment kicked in and the miners leave again as it's no longer profitable to mine BCH. As per current hash rate in 2 weeks and 2 days the diff will go down again and most likely the miners will come back to abuse that "feature" to make a lot of money in short time Wink

Just look e.g. at POW / Regarget, POW / Hashrate, Blocks / Blocks/hr, Reward / Opportunity costs, ... at http://fork.lol
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 12:23:40 PM

Hey Guys,

It's "Error by design" which got abused by miners to mine by far more BCH blocks than they should (started parallel to the heavy pump of BCH via KRW/BCH pairing), now after some days the diff adjustment kicked in and the miners leave again as it's no longer profitable to mine BCH. As per current hash rate in 2 weeks and 2 days the diff will go down again and most likely the miners will come back to abuse that "feature" to make a lot of money in short time Wink

Just look e.g. at POW / Regarget, POW / Hashrate, Blocks / Blocks/hr, Reward / Opportunity costs, ... at http://fork.lol

I don't think you will see a swing like this again unless the miners drop off and cause another emergency drop you will most likely find in the next 2 to 3 weeks a small drop and eventually everything even out relative to the price ratio

Now what would be bad is if the koreans suddenly stopped buying this and possibly selling off what they have for another coin
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:22:00 PM

can bitmain close my wallet?
can bitmain charge me to open a btc wallet in future?
can bitmain exclude countries from using the network?
NO,NO,NO

The whole concept of btc is built from miners, they get rewards for their work...wtf are blockstream doing to get a slice aswell?
your missing the point, apart from the tech on both coins...im more concerned with blockstream owning the whole crypto ecosystem, something your either ignoring or dont understand.

Can Bitmain refuse to verify my transactions?
Can Bitmain take steps to charge me outrageous fees?
Can Bitmain use a backdoor in my miner to get me to stop mining?

Yes,Yes, Yes

You are so focused on Blockstream that you are willing to follow Bitmain along in their plans to do a total takeover, of both chains. I guess manufacturing and selling 70% of the Asics and running several pools that have a lion's share of the Hashrate isn't good enough. Now he can control two coins, and pit them against each other so that he can profit even more.

dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:36:06 PM

******cash is not the way satoshi nakamoto intended bitcoin to be used. He clearly stated that 51% of the miners should agree if the protocol were to be changed.

In this case, a small group of miners wanted to change something, but couldn't get the 51%, so what do they do? fork off the chain. oh my god they should have followed the majority! That is how bitcoin works!

Instead they made a new altcoin that they call cash.... o well...
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:41:37 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 01:57:02 PM by Mrpumperitis

can bitmain close my wallet?
can bitmain charge me to open a btc wallet in future?
can bitmain exclude countries from using the network?
NO,NO,NO   and they cant do this on btc or bch

The whole concept of btc is built from miners, they get rewards for their work...wtf are blockstream doing to get a slice aswell?
your missing the point, apart from the tech on both coins...im more concerned with blockstream owning the whole crypto ecosystem, something your either ignoring or dont understand.

Can Bitmain refuse to verify my transactions?
Can Bitmain take steps to charge me outrageous fees?
Can Bitmain use a backdoor in my miner to get me to stop mining?

Yes,Yes, Yes...but they can also do this on btc....

You are so focused on Blockstream that you are willing to follow Bitmain along in their plans to do a total takeover, of both chains. I guess manufacturing and selling 70% of the Asics and running several pools that have a lion's share of the Hashrate isn't good enough. Now he can control two coins, and pit them against each other so that he can profit even more.

theres only two choices really, and i choose the side closer to the version i have always used.
as for bitmain, so what if they control so much today, before them someone else did and after them so will others...maybe even govs start mining farms and competing..this is how bitcoin gains value.
blockstream on the other hand is a complete dif story and yes i am very focused on them and their agenda on how to profit from all of US.

Just a thought..why is btc so slow and blocks have been full and expensive...who is causing this...

im now convinced its blockstream,segwitcore...they dont want seg2x , its 100% clear...its in their interest to keep it at 1mb full , so people have to use segwit.

2x wont happen, core doesnt want bigger blocks, if it were up to them, we would be on 250kb and paying $100 per tx
0-yes votes
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Segwit_support
look closely...
No    doesn't support (but might or might not go along with it with sufficient community support)
Prefer    it is what he would choose if it was only up to him and no outside influences

Aff*    Segwit itself    Deployment methods    Hardfork bundles (Silbert agreement)
                                BIP 141    BIP 148    BIP 149    BIP 91    Segwit2x    COOP

Matt Corallo    Core    Prefer    No                Acceptable    LOL
Mark Friedenbach    BIP 68/112    Prefer Prefer  No    Acc. until July    LOL    Nope
Peter Todd       Prefer    Deficient    Wanting    Acc. until July    LOL

these are the two dominant choices....to many bitcoiners are hoping for "might or might not go along with it with sufficient community support"
but in reality the devs have already made it clear on what they want, by choosing prefer. no segwit2x
not only have they all said no, the response from these guys...LOL, really!

so whats next for segwitcoin...where will it go, what happens in nov.....

i say let all these guys go, move on and stick to satoshi's vision and trade and hodl like we always have, but faster and cheaper than ever, with no 2nd layer ,3rd party.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:45:53 PM

oh ...sold some more segwetters coin there...$4200

<----buying bch  Smiley

tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:56:33 PM

Hey Guys,

Why abuse?
BCH difficulty was very low due to few post-fork EDAs, and many miners started switching after the price started increasing just before retarget.
The result was mining next 2016 blocks much quicker.
This, in turn, led to x4 diff increase for the next period.
So, this is not "Error by design" but rather "works as designed"
csmcc

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:08:12 PM

Why abuse?
BCH difficulty was very low due to few post-fork EDAs, and many miners started switching after the price started increasing just before retarget.
The result was mining next 2016 blocks much quicker.
This, in turn, led to x4 diff increase for the next period.
So, this is not "Error by design" but rather "works as designed"

Because it's only happening because of a combination of price and hashing manipulation.

Which is causing instability in BOTH chains. As the hashing power moves around following the best payout, one chain speeds up, the other slows down. Until the profitability flips again, and they all go back in the other direction.

When you have self interested whales, and self interested miners, playing the numbers to make the most money is always likely to happen. And clearly has been for the last few weeks.

But in the longer term, I agree with the Bones guy, that isn't good for anyone.

And if a third chain is spawned in November, I hope to god it dies off quickly because the hashing jumping between THREE chains will only make things worse ....
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: