Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:02:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703566 times)
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:28:42 AM

Huh

Hello everyone!

I have been following this thread a long while now. I have a question which makes me very very very confused. The John McAfee prediction of $500000 per coin, did he refer to "BTC (Bitcoin)" or "BCH/BCC (Bitcoin Cash)"? Can someone please shed light on this? I see that some people keep asking him in his Twitter but he does not reply to those questions at all, which is very strange.

Please, I am not asking for speculation or a flame war coin vs coin, I just need to know specifically which coin John was talking about? Because he said bitcoin but also he said he is with Jihan Wu... so that's why I'm confused. WHICH ONE OF THESE TWO COINS DID HE TALK ABOUT?

Greatly appreciate some insight into this issue,

Thank you.

He was referring to Bitcoin Cash, and said it was the only true Bitcoin. Even if it doesn't hit $500k per coin it will continue to climb.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:54:47 AM

At the rate this is going there will be another difficulty adjust in a few days making this unprofitable again but dont worry Jihan will call his miners off to force it down again just keep repeating that winning formula

Look at the chart, if this keeps up, the hash will spend more time in the BCC pools over time no?

It will yes and will cause the BTC difficulty to slowly drop too and providing the value stays around the current ratio means that BCH needs to drop lower and lower until it will get to the point it can be easily attacked

Wishful Fud , LOL.

You think they will eat the Golden Goose, doubtful.

Segwitcoin Unconfirmed Transactions and Fees will keep increasing with every miners switch to Bitcoin Cash.

Difference is Bitcoin Cash can let fly a few 8 Megabyte blocks and totally wipe out all unconfirmed transactions,

your sad little limited segwitcoin has no such ability and its users will suffer because segwitcore devs are incompetent.

True Story.  Get the popcorn ready as it unfolds before your eyes.  

╥Aztek

Yeah, several diffculty swings, and upcoming November S2X's HF-related mess still to come...
Next year will hopefully be peaceful and quiet :-)
tomkat

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:07:52 AM

Rick Falkvinge actually has some good points.

As I said from the start, BCash is actually a good thing in my opinion:

• It allows grassroots, all-on-chain Bitcoiners to preserve "their" coin with the same blockchain technology that has been running Bitcoin from the start, without Segwit and/or Lightning/sidechains kicking in

• It allows more institutional, industry big players to carry on with their expansion/extension plan for Bitcoin (Core). Segwit, Lightning and side chains in general are a good thing IMO, they put Bitcoin on par with Ethereum and help solve many parts of the blockchain scalability issues: no one could argue that raising the block size forever is a fix to the quadratic problem of tx verification costs, etc.

Again, and one more time, what bothers me is the name (and logo) Bitcoin Cash that I find confusing. I totally get the idea of claiming the name Bitcoin, as in "genuine" Bitcoin, for legacy and/or continuity. But for everyone that was not involved in the crypto world before August 1, the ambiguity of the names "Bitcoin (Core)" and "Bitcoin Cash" will undoubtedly be confusing at best. Both will claim to be the "original", with both being right to some extent when arguing from different perspectives.

Anyone else thinks Bitcoin Cash needs rebranding? I mean name and logo here.

Or perhaps, Core should stop using Bitcoin, and rebrand to Bitcoin Core?
Why do you think Cash should rebrand? The community around Cash has its reasons to think they are saving so called Satoshi's vision.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:19:50 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 08:32:37 AM by Mrpumperitis

Eric Lombrozo, Bitcoin Core contributor and CEO of Ciphrex Corp, told IBT.
Lombrozo "thinks" SegWit will allow for exponential scaling. Plus, even without nifty new features, he said all the bitcoin wallets updated with SegWit will immediately be able to handle twice the number of transactions, so from between 5 to 7 transactions per second now to 10 or 12 transactions tomorrow, depending on the transaction type. More important than the incremental boost is the myriad of new doors this technology opens.

In the early days of the internet, there were only a few university computers connected to one network. Similarly, bitcoin developers who were first chained to the mainframe can now add new network layers, new features, new portals, all without needing permission from that godfather network’s consensus. Huh

they can now do what they want...lol 3rd party coin is not trustless, its just another alt-coin

bitcoin cash should have the ticker BTC

the other segwitcoin should be called something else, that indicates it uses  2nd layers and isnt pure bitcoin.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
tomkat

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:33:56 AM

Lombrozo thinks SegWit will allow for exponential scaling. Plus, even without nifty new features, he said all the bitcoin wallets updated with SegWit will immediately be able to handle twice the number of transactions, so from between 5 to 7 transactions per second now to 10 or 12 transactions tomorrow, depending on the transaction type. More important than the incremental boost is the myriad of new doors this technology opens.

In the early days of the internet, there were only a few university computers connected to one network. Similarly, bitcoin developers who were first chained to the mainframe can now add new network layers, new features, new portals, all without needing permission from that godfather network’s consensus. Huh

they can now do what they want...lol 3rd party coin is not trustless, its just another alt-coin

bitcoin cash should have the ticker BTC

the other segwitcoin should be called something else, that indicates it uses  2nd layers and isnt pure bitcoin.

Additionally, I'm not so sure if they (Core) know what they're doing - see here
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6vhxn3/the_lightning_network_actually_seems_awesome_but/dm0qmrp/

luke-jr:
In the short term, Lightning should reduce on-chain fees significantly.
Essentially they become subscription fees to use Bitcoin, rather than per-transaction fees.
IDrankThePotion

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:36:03 AM

Selective 3rd party arguments much
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:41:10 AM

http://veekyforums.com/thread/3186191/business/the-lighting-network-requires-a-subscription-fee.html

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

woa tomkat...tells me more  Cheesy

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
roeks

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:55:52 AM

If BCH users can not even read twitter then there is no hope for them and BCH. John clearly tweeted about BTC and note BCH was never at $1 800 and never will be. Bitcoin will be $500 000 in 2020 but remember that discounts FIAT devaluation also. Things are not just about mining hash power shifting between BCH and BCT for profitibility, that us just a short term miners option. BTC has network effect and BCH not. BCH will never have. BCH might co-exist with BTC but will never come close to BTC in the long run. BCH might reach $3 000 in 2030 when BTC pushes $1mil.

See John's tweet below including his miss spelt Bitcoin (corrective text is a bugger) and also watch his interview on youtube about bitcoin not BCH. 

John McAfee‏ Verified account @officialmcafee
Bitcoub's low of $1,800+ yesterday simply could not be maintained. In the long term Bitcoin moves above $500,000 within three years. Bets?
11:14 am - 17 Jul 2017
x2666

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:57:42 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 09:11:46 AM by x2666

No taxation without representation, fuck core, throw their hardware-wallets in the ocean.

Look at how out of hand taxation has gotten around the world. Most countries have never had a time in their history where taxation could even possibly be conceived as emanating from the public's collective willingness to contribute in order to reap a collective gain. America is possibly the only true example we have to point to. At one point the tax dollars were well appropriated but now we are all painfully aware of the sheer tyranny this taxation has become.

Nobody feels true representation from the current American government.

Do we really want to go down this path again? First they block upgrades so that they can maintain their tax, then they implement selective upgrades which further their capacity to tax people. While it may seem nominal now it will one day be a flatly unacceptable tax for a service which was supposed to be a force acting to free the masses from domineering bureaucracies.

They deride BCH while joking about adding increased tax fees in twitter polls, they accuse BCH of being an illegitimate cash cow for miners when in reality they openly want to modify the code to fill their pockets beyond the block reward.

BitcoinTalk is a highly censored cesspool primarily serving as a vehicle to operate scams.
Pointing out truth or straying from the promoted narrative will be met with shills spouting non sequiturs.
Trust ratings are meaningless as those who control them are not worthy of trust.
x2666

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:00:03 AM

See John's tweet below including his miss spelt Bitcoin (corrective text is a bugger) and also watch his interview on youtube about bitcoin not BCH. 

BCH IS Bitcoin. SegwitCoin is a fork from Bitcoin which has won the title of BTC through political attrition.

John McAfee posted this tweet on July 17th before the hard fork occurred.

BitcoinTalk is a highly censored cesspool primarily serving as a vehicle to operate scams.
Pointing out truth or straying from the promoted narrative will be met with shills spouting non sequiturs.
Trust ratings are meaningless as those who control them are not worthy of trust.
tomkat

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:01:32 AM

If BCH users can not even read twitter then there is no hope for them and BCH. John clearly tweeted about BTC and note BCH was never at $1 800 and never will be. Bitcoin will be $500 000 in 2020 but remember that discounts FIAT devaluation also. Things are not just about mining hash power shifting between BCH and BCT for profitibility, that us just a short term miners option. BTC has network effect and BCH not. BCH will never have. BCH might co-exist with BTC but will never come close to BTC in the long run. BCH might reach $3 000 in 2030 when BTC pushes $1mil.

See John's tweet below including his miss spelt Bitcoin (corrective text is a bugger) and also watch  

John McAfee‏ Verified account @officialmcafee
Bitcoub's low of $1,800+ yesterday simply could not be maintained. In the long term Bitcoin moves above $500,000 within three years. Bets?
11:14 am - 17 Jul 2017

I always try to avoid the word "never" just because obviously nobody knows what's gonna happen.
The key event for the next months is November (potential) HF.
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:03:20 AM

Huh

Hello everyone!

I have been following this thread a long while now. I have a question which makes me very very very confused. The John McAfee prediction of $500000 per coin, did he refer to "BTC (Bitcoin)" or "BCH/BCC (Bitcoin Cash)"? Can someone please shed light on this? I see that some people keep asking him in his Twitter but he does not reply to those questions at all, which is very strange.

Please, I am not asking for speculation or a flame war coin vs coin, I just need to know specifically which coin John was talking about? Because he said bitcoin but also he said he is with Jihan Wu... so that's why I'm confused. WHICH ONE OF THESE TWO COINS DID HE TALK ABOUT?

Thank you.

Don't get confused that is prediction is only about Bitcoin the original one BCH has fate just to stay as an altcoin so nothing more than that. BCH is just using the name of Bitcoin without that this coin has no value you will see in future this will lose more value and Bitcoin will remain in top position like it is.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:08:25 AM

https://medium.com/@jonaldfyookball/mathematical-proof-that-the-lightning-network-cannot-be-a-decentralized-bitcoin-scaling-solution-1b8147650800

Zerotosixty

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:11:52 AM

Huh

Hello everyone!

Thank you.

Don't get confused that is prediction is only about Bitcoin the original one BCH has fate just to stay as an altcoin so nothing more than that. BCH is just using the name of Bitcoin without that this coin has no value you will see in future this will lose more value and Bitcoin will remain in top position like it is.

Yes, McAfee was of course talking about bitcoin (BTC).  In the article below, at one point he uses the "BC' abbreviation for bitcoin.  "BC" does not mean Bitcoin Cash.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/john-mcafee-claims-bitcoin-will-worth-500000-three-years/
TrumpBump

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:17:07 AM

Huh

Hello everyone!

Thank you.

Yes, McAfee was of course talking about bitcoin (BTC).  In the article below, at one point he uses the "BC' abbreviation for bitcoin.  "BC" does not mean Bitcoin Cash.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/john-mcafee-claims-bitcoin-will-worth-500000-three-years/

He clarifies the statement in the comments. Smart money is with Jihan or something to that effect. Valiant effort though.

x2666

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:19:32 AM

Again, you have NO proof of that, and the fact that he included neither T or H means one could not conclusively state one way or the other. To claim you know for certain, that is pure dishonesty.

That article merely discusses the same tweets which were sent on the 17th of july, before the hardfork.

And finally, what one considers Bitcoin is now open to interpretation and simply because one fork managed to politically keep the ticker BTC does not mean that it is in some way more or less inherently entitled to the name of the main chain.

Watch this play out over the coming months. McAfee also said that BTC will remain frozen in the $4000 range for quite some time. It's going to be a long process.

x2666

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:26:07 AM

Exactly. That is the part I don't understand. Why does he say "BTC (Bitcoin)" then he says smart money is with Jihan?!? Jihan is obviously with "BCH (Bitcoin Cash)" and not "BTC". What the hell is going on?

It feels as though with this statement you are intentionally obfuscating the facts. He didn't say BTC, he said BC.

BCH is Bitcoin

BTC is Bitcoin

If a tree has two branches, you do not consider the two branches to be separate from the tree. At the time of the split, there was no "correct" main chain, just the one which was perceived to be the main chain because they used their political positioning to maintain the original ticker of btc. The valuation of these two forks is in flux, people are still struggling to grasp the technological, political, and economic concepts at play here. There is no clear winner yet, this will take months to settle.

serby10101010001100010

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:26:23 AM

you ask yourselves too many questions, as previously stated BTC will probably range in the 4ks price level for quite some time. That's all I need to know.
x2666

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:34:16 AM

you ask yourselves too many questions, as previously stated BTC will probably range in the 4ks price level for quite some time. That's all I need to know.

+/-  Quite some time could be 7 days, 14, 21, 30, 40, but on that 42nd day at the such and such hour, where will it break? Down or up?

Stagnation is not a good sign for an asset which has seen such a monstrous climb if you ask me. BTC valuation depends on inflows of new capital and if things get tense that is one precipitous peak on the 1, 2 year chart. Crypto investors have a tendency to adapt tunnel vision and only conceive of rises, they don't consider other sectors of investment which might present great opportunities for larger players to shuffle their capital allocations.

roeks

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:37:44 AM

No reason to be confused, just watch the youtube video, John refers to BTC. Then remember that BTC comes from years ago, so if there is a fork BTC remains the main chain and BCH can not be perceived by the BCH noobs as the real bitcoin but only real Bitcoin (notice the uppercase B for the confused) Remember BCH split from the chain, BTC did not split from the chain. So BTC will remain for ever bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: