Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:13:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 [689] 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703572 times)
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:15:30 AM

Bitcoin Cash payments have just been rolled out to ALL BitPay merchants! what do you think about? Is this good information?

Yes. One more stone being laid in the foundation of Bitcoin Cash. Bullish.

I heard bit coin cash was created and funded  by the bankers as a way to take bitcoin off the throne, so they can manipulate the market more.

they can only manipulate bitcoin oh so much compared to this bit coin cash, bit coin cash is the bankers bitcoin

I think its true because coinbase is banker owned and they helped pump bitcoin cash

they are now getting sued, and yes you do owe the pumped up bit coin cash price due to market manipluation at coinbase

you know the same coinbase that locked the market when bitcoin crashed and the prevented people from buying in cheap or cut their loses.... how quickly we forget dont we?

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/cryptocurrency/lawsuit-filed-against-cryptocurrency-exchange-coinbase-over-bch-insider-trading-2522923.html

The largest cryptocurrency exchange in the US has been hit by a class action lawsuit over alleged insider trading during the launch of Bitcoin Cash(BCH) on its platforms.

The lawsuit filed with the US district court for the northern district of California on March 1 alleges that Coinbase customers lost millions as the exchange tipped off its employees and a few customers about the impending launch of bitcoin cash trading before the formal announcement. This allowed them to trade bitcoin cash earlier resulting in a sudden spike in its price, it further says.

Bankers will not like Bitcoin Cash as it is more difficult to be centralized as the block size is bigger and people can use the network more directly.

Actually a larger blocksize naturally makes it more centralised because full nodes become much more expensive to run so if the network does become big enough then only larger corporations and banks will be able to afford to run full nodes this puts the power in their hands

How does running a full node put more power in your hands?  I run several full nodes, and I don't feel very powerful.  In a POW coin the miners have to run full nodes, but I don't see the advantage of Joe average running one.  Does it really help secure the network?    

You will see numbers thrown about that with gigabyte blocks a node will cost roughly $20000 a month to run this is out of the budget for most businesses so you will only get large corporations and the miners running them

LOL tek you crack me up. I run a full node for FOUR DOLLARS A MONTH you doofus.  A GB block server is $20k upfront right now and $50/month to host in a good datacenter, in 2 years it'll be  $4k cost for the hardware and hosting will be the same cost.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lsd400

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:10:04 AM

From thread start BTC proponents in denial on on-chain scaling yet BCH is going to 32MB blocks. Total censorship on r/bitcoin subreddit. Now they are attacking BitPay for simple doing business with BCH.

Even if you are not fan of BCH you should understand how BTC community attacking those who disagrees with them and why BCH forked away.

10 years ago I wouldn't believe if someone told me that we'd have home PCs with TerraByte HDDs and 1Gbit/s Internet connectivity (well, last mile) but now here we are.

Edit. Even though I joined not so long ago I feel sad when I read how original BTC developers/community were pushed away.

LaScuderia

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:32:22 AM

From thread start BTC proponents in denial on on-chain scaling yet BCH is going to 32MB blocks. Total censorship on r/bitcoin subreddit. Now they are attacking BitPay for simple doing business with BCH.

Even if you are not fan of BCH you should understand how BTC community attacking those who disagrees with them and why BCH forked away.

10 years ago I wouldn't believe if someone told me that we'd have home PCs with TerraByte HDDs and 1Gbit/s Internet connectivity (well, last mile) but now here we are.

Edit. Even though I joined not so long ago I feel sad when I read how original BTC developers/community were pushed away.

Developers have never been interested in the community rather quick earnings, when we see who is behind the cash (owners of the asics), then immediately understand who it is profitable to sell their products and continue to keep the network under their control. We did not play games like that and we will not play.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 09:00:40 AM

Bitcoin Cash payments have just been rolled out to ALL BitPay merchants! what do you think about? Is this good information?

I heard bit coin cash was created and funded  by the bankers as a way to take bitcoin off the throne, so they can manipulate the market more.

they can only manipulate bitcoin oh so much compared to this bit coin cash, bit coin cash is the bankers bitcoin

I think its true because coinbase is banker owned and they helped pump bitcoin cash

they are now getting sued, and yes you do owe the pumped up bit coin cash price due to market manipluation at coinbase

you know the same coinbase that locked the market when bitcoin crashed and the prevented people from buying in cheap or cut their loses.... how quickly we forget dont we?

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/cryptocurrency/lawsuit-filed-against-cryptocurrency-exchange-coinbase-over-bch-insider-trading-2522923.html

The largest cryptocurrency exchange in the US has been hit by a class action lawsuit over alleged insider trading during the launch of Bitcoin Cash(BCH) on its platforms.

The lawsuit filed with the US district court for the northern district of California on March 1 alleges that Coinbase customers lost millions as the exchange tipped off its employees and a few customers about the impending launch of bitcoin cash trading before the formal announcement. This allowed them to trade bitcoin cash earlier resulting in a sudden spike in its price, it further says.

Bankers will not like Bitcoin Cash as it is more difficult to be centralized as the block size is bigger and people can use the network more directly.

Actually a larger blocksize naturally makes it more centralised because full nodes become much more expensive to run so if the network does become big enough then only larger corporations and banks will be able to afford to run full nodes this puts the power in their hands

How does running a full node put more power in your hands?  I run several full nodes, and I don't feel very powerful.  In a POW coin the miners have to run full nodes, but I don't see the advantage of Joe average running one.  Does it really help secure the network?    

Absolutely correct, and the help is too few to even be noticed. Only big players with some decent skin in the game will run full nodes, also because they will do proper risk management.

If some idiots try to derail average Joe to spend their little money to hardware companies, they are against Bitcoin and only troll up.

Next to miners also some bigger corps like exchanges and stores might want to ensure their client's TX are really broadcasted and are getting mined for their interest. Average Joes are happy and will profit from all that without any hardware costs (these are shared since mearchants will include these in their consumer pricing).

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 09:16:17 AM

One reasen for this we can see also in our 'democratic' governments. We feel very save and allow / build / enrich these governments with more and more power in good times, not thinking about bad times or bad people getting into control ( like Trump now sitting in front of the biggest Atombomb button).

So exactly this happend to core. The design of the government in BTC was and is not really decentralized as it should be, at least if it comes to critical base protocol decisions. The noise of a very few dev people 'in control' and with biggest fiat stakes behind and the combi of censorship decided this for their own interests.

Now with the two bigger forks (1MB+SW  and 8M-SW) we gained kinda decentralized gov and markets can decide what way to go.

This is all in experimental phase. Industrial Scaling has not really happened in all Bitcoin sections, but mining section was quickest here.

BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:19:44 AM

Roger really needs to pump Bcash.

his shitcoin is dying slowly
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:36:54 AM

The lightning network has been hyped as the solution to all of bitcoin’s problems ranging from slow speeds, high transaction costs, and the old issue of scalability. On its part, Bitcoin cash [BCH] has been taunted by some pundits as the true bitcoin, the real vision of Satoshi Nakamoto. So which of them is better for someone looking to make a transaction? 
https://cryptorecorder.com/2018/03/10/the-lightning-network-may-improve-bitcoin-but-bitcoin-cash-bch-is-still-king/
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 11:48:28 AM

You will see numbers thrown about that with gigabyte blocks a node will cost roughly $20000 a month to run this is out of the budget for most businesses so you will only get large corporations and the miners running them

LOL tek you crack me up. I run a full node for FOUR DOLLARS A MONTH you doofus.  A GB block server is $20k upfront right now and $50/month to host in a good datacenter, in 2 years it'll be  $4k cost for the hardware and hosting will be the same cost.

It costs you so little because no one is using anywhere near its full potential and is most likely on a tiny VPS

With GB Blocks you are looking at a maximum capacity > 4TB of storage a month for a full node and no normal mechanical HDDs are not enough you will probably need NVMe drives but standard SSD's will also cope due to latency good luck getting hold of 4TB of NVMe storage for $50/m these will need to be in a RAID array and paid upfront

There are a lot of technical difficulties that will put this kind of setup out of the hands of almost anyone

My server cost's me $50USD a month and is running full nodes for quite a few forked coins with txindexing

It has 32GB RAM and 3TB HDDs in a RAID1 array and new fork coins are taking longer and longer to sync the full chains
Ive been hosting and running dedicated servers for the last 20 years granted in the early days it was just simple illegally File sharing music over FTP before p2p made it easy then I moved to a private torrent site that I spent 100s of hours modifying the code to suit my needs and eventually gave away to a new admin because I had enough that he then run it into the ground because he didn't have the experience to combat attacks and closed it.

Now its mostly just basic web services I run because I don't have the time to deal with all the coding and just run some opensource projects some as it and some slightly modified
Last week I started collecting ALL mempool dumps every minute that are being automatically uploaded once a day to my google gsuite  account where I have unlimited storage

AliKooks

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:30:34 PM

Why does it need to pump Bcash?
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 07:51:28 PM

Because it's slowly dying and needs another emergency cash injection

Every coin on the market has normal ups and downs there is only BCH that takes huge jumps for no reason whatsoever followed by weeks of slow decline it's obvious it manipulated

BCH fangirls can't see it though they are just shortsighted and unable to think long term and just spout crap out such as this and that happened so bullish when in reality the value just takes another dump

BCH was just born because the miners are unable to control the network with the ones pushing BCH being the same ones that tried to use their power to block Bitcoin scaling through segwit but the users over powered them and made them realise that they are just work horses

Now they follow the narrative that segwit removes the chain if signatures which is incorrect all it does is move the signatures to a different place in the block but the signatures are all there still there

BLUE-TRUST

Activity: 27
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:31:22 PM

BTC : real fork
BCH : real cash
BLUE-TRUST

Activity: 27
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:32:56 PM

Every coin on the market has normal ups and downs there is only BCH that takes huge jumps for no reason whatsoever followed by weeks of slow decline it's obvious it manipulated

BCH fangirls can't see it though they are just shortsighted and unable to think long term and just spout crap out such as this and that happened so bullish when in reality the value just takes another dump

BCH was just born because the miners are unable to control the network with the ones pushing BCH being the same ones that tried to use their power to block Bitcoin scaling through segwit but the users over powered them and made them realise that they are just work horses

Now they follow the narrative that segwit removes the chain if signatures which is incorrect all it does is move the signatures to a different place in the block but the signatures are all there still there

BCH: Slowly evolving and growing because its real digital cash
you better follow the news, not your feelings.
you  know better or john mcafee (who is BCH supporter)?
you  know better or craig steven wright (who is BCH supporter)?
vothuong1

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:43:45 PM

Bcash, looks like the backers have lots of money, 20billion market cap
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 11:53:01 PM

Bcash, looks like the backers have lots of money, 20billion market cap

If bitconnect is still around and being traded then yes BCH probably will be around for many years but I wouldn't trust the people pushing it these are the same people that abandoned something without even a moment's doubt and will do the exact same again if they feel they can no longer control BCH

Imagine there is this girl she's smoking hot you think she's the best thing that will ever happen to you but she left all her previous relationships because someone better came along would you trust here to be faithful and think you are the exeption ?

The people pushing BCH are that girl they give you lots of false promises it looks superior you are currently believing you are the one that's until something better comes along then BCH is just another ex

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:54:57 AM

How does running a full node put more power in your hands?  I run several full nodes, and I don't feel very powerful.  In a POW coin the miners have to run full nodes, but I don't see the advantage of Joe average running one.  Does it really help secure the network?   

Well, someone who runs a fully-validating non-mining wallet (usually mis-referred to as a 'full node', despite the fact that Satoshi's nodes were capable of mining) is able to conduct transactions in a fully trustless manner. This could be considered a benefit to that party. But the notion that this somehow conveys some benefit to the system as a whole is nothing but a myth.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:59:10 AM

I'll see $20,000/month opex numbers thrown about? Where?

While this is generally ok you are putting complete trust into a few all the BCH mining pools are "friends" so if they decide for instance that the low fees are not enough to sustain a profitable business they can just increase the coin supply as no one else can afford to run nodes you just get forced to accept any changes or move to something else.

Which, of course, is exactly the same situation as Bitcoin Segwit.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:09:05 AM

My server cost's me $50USD a month ...

That hardly counts as evidence for your outlandish $20,000/mo fantasy.

micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:48:10 AM

I want to know who is behind BCH Huh
I watched his progress very rapidly and someday could replace btc.
What is the main thing in the progress you have noticed?

I'm not going to discuss this too far.
Look at the current BCH price which is always stable even though BTC is not stable.
That is proof that BCH progress is very rapid.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 09:36:02 AM

Gemini - gimmi BCH !

https://news.bitcoin.com/adding-bitcoin-cash-and-litecoin-is-main-goal-of-2018-for-gemini-exchange/

Tongue Tongue Tongue

vitocorp

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:47:35 PM

Bitcoin Cash is gradually trying to maintain its position above $1,000 – at the time of writing, it is valued at 1,068.87. Along with Litecoin and Dash, it is the only cryptocurrency in green in the top 10 list. One certain event can be linked to its increasing price: the Gemini exchange.
Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss talked about expanding their exchange to other cryptocurrencies including Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash at the Cboe Risk Management Conference (RMC). Both the Gemini exchange and the Chicage Board Options Exchange (Cboe), have a partnership such that Cboe will only list currencies present on the twins’ platform, as per their deal which allows Cboe to use Gemini’s cryptocurrency data to calculate futures. So, only one of these companies have to decide whether they want to allow new cryptocurrencies, forcing the other to accept the decision.

Seen at: https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-cash-5-day-contrast-market-retreat/
Pages: « 1 ... 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 [689] 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: