Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:42:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | POW/POS+MN | 0.10.7.7 - New Self Moderated Thread  (Read 63973 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (25 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Pondi

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:49:53 PM

I've been lurking this thread for over a week now.

Are you coming close to an agreement on what steps to take to bring back Quark's glory days?

Its looking like Decred cloned fork or coin swap is the best option
Shanto

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:15:33 AM

Are you coming close to an agreement on what steps to take to bring back Quark's glory days?

I think a coin swap is due on a legacy coin like this one. Just as long as the new chain allows new features, everyone will be happy.

By the way, everytime you post there's a huge reply about upgrading that follows. It's on every page and looks spammy. Am I missing something?
nixon99

Activity: 637

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:51:01 AM

Decred gets my vote.
Pondi

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:02:09 AM

I think a coin swap is due on a legacy coin like this one. Just as long as the new chain allows new features, everyone will be happy.

By the way, everytime you post there's a huge reply about upgrading that follows. It's on every page and looks spammy. Am I missing something?

I have been reposting the wallet snapshot/bootstrap on every page so that no one misses it. It is really important that people can sync their wallet without troubles.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:57:19 PM

The way Faircoin https://fair-coin.org/ managed their coin swap was excellent and very professionally done. It was so easy for people. For Quark to do a coin swap, the ability to swap your current coins in circulation now would have to be an open ended timeless coin swap so no one misses out. Faircoin devs worked out the best coin swap option that has been achieved in my opinion and is the best template to use in a coin swap option.

I agree. Should be open ended.

Where are all the old quark holders on this thread? have they all sold out or don't know about this thread?

So far it looks like a decred swap is the one to go for I have seen nobody say no to this course of action.

Where is max I hope he can chime in too so we can get going with this. Time is the critical factor here for a good quark revival.

I hope if he only has time for code reviews he can pass some github details to another dev so we can keep with the original quark git.

The slack and everything surely can have a master and sub moderator accounts  so that should not be an issue.

Be good to hear from some of the older quark members too to make sure we are all pretty much in agreement.. can't see why anyone would not want a huge upgrade at this point though.

Vic where are you on this? you have been a big driving force in the revival and have been around qrk for ages. What do you say... qrk turns decred with coin swap?

LycheeBit

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 01:58:09 PM

QUARK mining is working very well. 114 blocks mined last 24h :
http://www.lycheebit.com/site/block?id=305

• Stratum  : lycheebit.com:4033
  • User     : YOUR_QRK_ADDRESS
  • Password : c=QRK

Don't hesitate to PM me if you encounter any issue Smiley

LycheeBit - Mining pool - https://www.lycheebit.com
axrhuls

Activity: 245

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:01:39 PM

After so many years, qrk is still stable, thank you those never give up and keep fighting, let us moon.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:13:48 PM

QUARK mining is working very well. 114 blocks mined last 24h :
http://www.lycheebit.com/site/block?id=305

• Stratum  : lycheebit.com:4033
  • User     : YOUR_QRK_ADDRESS
  • Password : c=QRK

Don't hesitate to PM me if you encounter any issue Smiley

That be me!!!  Cheesy

Mathgamain

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 05:49:22 PM

Bill Still promotes Quark - and he's the toughest man I know - QRK will prevail.

- Freedom - Dreamcoin.fi -
Laulurastas

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:34:47 PM

After so many years, qrk is still stable, thank you those never give up and keep fighting, let us moon.

Stable? Price has been goin 50% up and down. After reading this topic, i'm not so sure anymore if i want to hold even one Quark. Pleasi, whatever you decide, just do it. Wink
Shanto

Activity: 311

The

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:38:44 PM

I'm guessing Max has the last say in this?

Decred.

Yay or Nay, President
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:50:05 PM

Decred.

Yay or Nay, President

That's not really how decentralised projects work. Many a project has a community take over.

However yes max will have a big say of course but not the final say.

If the communities will is to become a decred or pivx type coin then thats how it will go.

Of course if max has a very good reason that makes sense to not go that way the community I am sure will listen to this and take heed.

Im sure every quark holder wants what is best for quark and their quark investment.

I am very interested to hear what max says on this myself.

I can see no good reason not to do this but then if you don;t understand the tech it may sound a good idea but may not be one in actuality. I await to hear if max says there is a negative side to going this route.

If nothing there are not proven negatives to going that route then I am sure the community will want to do something now that quark has been reduced to practically a shadow of itself.

We cant hang around forever though waiting for this.

I think if after another 7 days no negatives are outlined for this course of action it will be time to proceed.

We seem to have been chasing our tail for months and this has resulted in a crash from 4k sats to 50 sats. This is not the intended consequence we all had in mind.

Pondi

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:29:26 AM

Decred.

Yay or Nay, President

That's not really how decentralised projects work. Many a project has a community take over.

If the communities will is to become a decred or pivx type coin then thats how it will go.

Of course if max has a very good reason that makes sense to not go that way the community I am sure will listen to this and take heed.

Im sure every quark holder wants what is best for quark and their quark investment.

I can see no good reason not to do this but then if you don;t understand the tech it may sound a good idea but may not be one in actuality. I await to hear if max says there is a negative side to going this route.

If nothing there are not proven negatives to going that route then I am sure the community will want to do something now that quark has been reduced to practically a shadow of itself.

I think if after another 7 days no negatives are outlined for this course of action it will be time to proceed.

We seem to have been chasing our tail for months and this has resulted in a crash from 4k sats to 50 sats. This is not the intended consequence we all had in mind.

I am getting in touch with the faircoin developers, they did a fantastic job with their last hard fork. I am sure they will be a great assistance to us for a very successful hard fork.
mcphervi

Activity: 359

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:48:39 PM

Decred.

Yay or Nay, President

Sorry - wanted to think about things and chat with Max before I weighed in at all, as I'm also not as familiar with the technical side.

The benefits of a coin swap are obvious - rapid move forward to a modern code base from which to develop further, which removes the lengthy development cycle and reduces manpower, capital investments, and time to achieve the result. These are all very valuable assets, and this does probably serve current investors well in my opinion.

The drawback is that you are eliminating the old blockchain with its history, and are potentially leaving people holding historic assets out in the cold in favor of currently active members given that there is a bias towards those people being able to know about and act upon the swap. You could potentially also commit to swapping for people that pop up later as well, but it makes it a little difficult I'd think, and is certainly a barrier for those people.

On potential coins to swap to - according to Max, when he looked the majority of coins that would be reasonable swap candidates, he found that most are based upon and older bitcoin code base than what we are sitting at, which means in order to get segwit, etc, then you'd have to turn around and upgrade the code base, which I believe would take a lot of work for many of these more complicated projects.

Decred is an exception to this - however, from what Max indicated, it is actually not based on bitcoin code - it has been built using a new code base written not in C++, but GO. Therefore, there are few/no other projects that you can easily employ code from for upgrades, and you would either have to build the upgrades completely yourself, or rely upon the Decred team to do it first. This has advantages and disadvantages - if you have a skilled team, you'd have a good code base to start from and could focus on innovation. However, alternatively it could pose a real struggle to upgrade if you don't have the manpower.

With the decentralized governance/funding, you could hire - however Max did also indicate that developers with the required skills would be harder to find. Max himself is not as familiar with GO from what I understand.
john yuan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

0x3a730F3323481De284C92Ad82764D095f188B41b

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:01:47 PM

QRK is now missing the Chinese market
The Chinese market is the main circulation area of QRK
QRK's growth has been hit
QRK growth rate is also suppressed.
mcphervi

Activity: 359

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:07:54 PM

QRK is now missing the Chinese market
The Chinese market is the main circulation area of QRK
QRK's growth has been hit
QRK growth rate is also suppressed.

With what the team understands, BTC38 will be opening both British and Japanese platforms in the coming month or so which will trade Quark.
SteamOctanePool

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

sopool.us - One of the fastest pools!

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 05:02:17 PM

SOpool.us has added QRK, only 1% fee!

Mine on one of the fastest most reliable pools on the net!  We are hosted on the top cloud platform, with built in DDOS resistance!

Use your wallet address as your username, and c=QRK as your password.

No Registration required.  Rewards will be sent to your address every 3 hours!

Example config below

Code:
-a quark -o stratum+tcp://sopool.us:4033 -u QchaQNMCqdz8PVPihDoH2AKxngSWhbrRmA -p c=QRK 

Donation Address: QchaQNMCqdz8PVPihDoH2AKxngSWhbrRmA

Sopool.us - High performance cloud pool | DDOS Protection | Auto Load Scaling | Pool build & hosting services | Node Hosting Service | Need a pool for your favorite coin?  PM us and let us know about it!
Pondi

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:40:47 PM

Decred.

Yay or Nay, President

Sorry - wanted to think about things and chat with Max before I weighed in at all, as I'm also not as familiar with the technical side.

The benefits of a coin swap are obvious - rapid move forward to a modern code base from which to develop further, which removes the lengthy development cycle and reduces manpower, capital investments, and time to achieve the result. These are all very valuable assets, and this does probably serve current investors well in my opinion.

The drawback is that you are eliminating the old blockchain with its history, and are potentially leaving people holding historic assets out in the cold in favor of currently active members given that there is a bias towards those people being able to know about and act upon the swap. You could potentially also commit to swapping for people that pop up later as well, but it makes it a little difficult I'd think, and is certainly a barrier for those people.

On potential coins to swap to - according to Max, when he looked the majority of coins that would be reasonable swap candidates, he found that most are based upon and older bitcoin code base than what we are sitting at, which means in order to get segwit, etc, then you'd have to turn around and upgrade the code base, which I believe would take a lot of work for many of these more complicated projects.

Decred is an exception to this - however, from what Max indicated, it is actually not based on bitcoin code - it has been built using a new code base written not in C++, but GO. Therefore, there are few/no other projects that you can easily employ code from for upgrades, and you would either have to build the upgrades completely yourself, or rely upon the Decred team to do it first. This has advantages and disadvantages - if you have a skilled team, you'd have a good code base to start from and could focus on innovation. However, alternatively it could pose a real struggle to upgrade if you don't have the manpower.

With the decentralized governance/funding, you could hire - however Max did also indicate that developers with the required skills would be harder to find. Max himself is not as familiar with GO from what I understand.

Hey Vic,
A coin swap if done properly, is just like a hard fork. Basically a hard fork is an upgrade that forces the client to upgrade to the new client to have transactions validated. A soft fork is a client upgrade that still allows old non upgraded clients to remain valid on the upgrade. There is absolutely no risk of legacy asset holders missing out. All they will need is the wallet.dat file, just like faircoin's model. A coinswap just like a hard fork. Its a non issue.
No one and I mean no one will miss out period.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:19:01 AM

Decred.

Yay or Nay, President

Hey Vic,
A coin swap if done properly, is just like a hard fork. Basically a hard fork is an upgrade that forces the client to upgrade to the new client to have transactions validated. A soft fork is a client upgrade that still allows old non upgraded clients to remain valid on the upgrade. There is absolutely no risk of legacy asset holders missing out. All they will need is the wallet.dat file, just like faircoin's model. A coinswap just like a hard fork. Its a non issue.
No one and I mean no one will miss out period.

Vic you mentioned that on potential coins to swap - according to Max that he found they were based on older bitcoin base than we are sitting at currently.

PIVx is up to date with the same v.0.10. that Quark is currently on but with all the stable working upgrade features that Quark lacks. PIVX utilizes Bitcoin Core by default. It uses the current Bitcoin v0.10.x core in combination with some already committed v0.13.2 updates. Since its launch on January 31, 2016, PIVX has been the only PoS cryptocurrency to be based on Bitcoin Core v0.10.x or above, making it the most up to date and technically advanced PoS cryptocurrencies in the market.

PIVX inherits all the technical features of Dash, including the masternodes, instant transfers, and private transfers. The PIVX team is working on further improving the platform by updating it to v0.12.1.x Dash core with enhanced features like IPv6 support, along with the existing IPv4 and TOR Network support.

https://cointelegraph.com/press-releases/pivx-forks-dash-to-provide-private-instant-verified-transactions-and-community-designed-governance

Maybe Max was unaware of this fact??

Looking at all the compatibility PIVx has with Quark I see it as the obvious choice for Quark to coin swap/hard fork to and then upgrade later for segwit etc. Faircoin has the best coinswap / hard fork template to use in my opinion so it can be an open ended timeless coin swap so no legacy asset holders will miss out. I see no reason why we cannot Take all the added benefits of PIVx and upgrade Quark to a very stable working product PIVx.

Right so legacy holders will not be left behind.

So pivX or decred it is. I do appreciate unless we have a talented GO dev then perhaps it could be wise to stick with code speca and max are familiar with.

cedlemercier

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:35:55 PM

I followed the tutorial to install the wallet QUARK and its bootstrap.
Thanks Dev, it works well.
The advantage of Quark is the equitable distribution of money and the whole project that is coming.
Long Life Quark
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: